PDA

View Full Version : WTF? Prescription meds

jimnyc
01-12-2013, 07:44 PM
I've been fine with my cholesterol meds, Lipitor, since I was prescribed about 3 months ago. I even get the generic from CVS which is Atorvastatin.

Well, I just opened a letter from my insurance company, United Healthcare, who said they will only continue to cover this medication if I get it mail order, through their company of course which is "Medco". I suppose it's not that big of a deal to have my doctor fax in the form to get it started, but what's wrong with my CVS prescription and my $5 copay? Is this something new? My insurance company being cheap and trying to save money?

aboutime
01-12-2013, 08:00 PM
I've been fine with my cholesterol meds, Lipitor, since I was prescribed about 3 months ago. I even get the generic from CVS which is Atorvastatin.

Well, I just opened a letter from my insurance company, United Healthcare, who said they will only continue to cover this medication if I get it mail order, through their company of course which is "Medco". I suppose it's not that big of a deal to have my doctor fax in the form to get it started, but what's wrong with my CVS prescription and my $5 copay? Is this something new? My insurance company being cheap and trying to save money?

jimnyc: No disrespect intended in response to your question but....ONE WORD will honestly describe, and tell you the answer to your question.

And, that word is. "OBAMACARE".

Don't blame your insurance company, or CVS. The FED, in compliance with OBAMACARE has given many Insurance companies their MARCHING ORDERS, in preparation for the 2014 start of many Obamacare Instructions where Health Insurance companies are facing FEDERAL orders that demand RAISING their PRICES in order to FORCE WE AMERICANS to purchase OBAMACARE, prescribed services, and drugs.

This is just the beginning.
Add that to all of those OBAMA LOVERS who voted for him, and discovered how HE LIED about NO HIGHER TAXES, with the Obamacare FIASCO....and this is what ALL OF US ARE ABOUT TO GET.....

"THE SHAFT!" "FEDERALLY AUTHORIZED SEXUAL ASSAULT...as in GETTING SCREWED by Obama and Company".

WiccanLiberal
01-12-2013, 09:18 PM
Sorry to disagree but insurance companies have been doing the Medco thing for years before Obama ever entered the White House. I actually find it very convenient. All my regular BP and asthma meds come directly to my mailbox every three months. Anything I need on a one time basis like an antibiotic is still covered at my program pharmacy (Rite Aid among others for my insurance). And if you don't feel secure having drugs sent to your mailbox, you can have them sent to your pharmacy for you to pick up.

Abbey Marie
01-12-2013, 09:47 PM

My husband and I have been forced to do mail order meds for about a year now. It's a royal pain in the arse.

aboutime
01-12-2013, 10:25 PM
Sorry to disagree but insurance companies have been doing the Medco thing for years before Obama ever entered the White House. I actually find it very convenient. All my regular BP and asthma meds come directly to my mailbox every three months. Anything I need on a one time basis like an antibiotic is still covered at my program pharmacy (Rite Aid among others for my insurance). And if you don't feel secure having drugs sent to your mailbox, you can have them sent to your pharmacy for you to pick up.

WiccanLiberal. I do not disagree with you. You are correct. But the costs are climbing as the Insurance companies are being directed by the FED to increase their prices...sort of a FED method of guaranteeing the people will choose Obamacare prices.

We have already seen the very same things with TRICARE, the Military version...if you will, of Blue Cross and Blue Shield.
For some more senior Retired Military. The prices for almost everything has risen enough to EAT any possible COLA increases. So it's a LOSE/LOSE for us in many cases. And, when Obamacare takes hold...if it does, in 2014. All Military, Active, Reserve, National Guard, and Retired will be forced by OBAMACARE to absorb even higher costs.