PDA

View Full Version : If I ever have to assault, I want this weapon

darin
01-14-2013, 02:35 PM
http://www.military.com/video/guns/rifles/guys-shoot-the-950-jdj/1409750262001/

:D

jimnyc
01-14-2013, 02:47 PM
Wow, what a weapon! That thing looks like it would stop a tank!

darin
01-14-2013, 02:54 PM

...yet they are going after AR15s....stupid.

jimnyc
01-14-2013, 02:56 PM

This one isn't scary looking! (at least until you fire it!) :lol:

Marcus Aurelius
01-14-2013, 02:59 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8yAR7prdeU

Little-Acorn
01-14-2013, 03:27 PM
Not me, thanks.

Way too heavy and cumbersome to carry from place to place in a hurry in a tight situation, impossible to carry lots of ammo, and way too expensive. I can put neither the gun nor its ammo on a government expense account - would have to sell my car just to buy it, and then sell my next car to provide a worthwhile amount of ammo.

OTOH, an ordinary 12ga shotgun with a (commonly available) rifled barrel, firing one-piece slugs available at any gun shop (and at Wal-Mart until they stopped selling all forms of ammo today under govt pressure), has a .75" bore, is accurate out to 300 yards or more, fires five or six shots as quickly as you can rack the pump, can be easily and quickly hand-reloaded for, has stopping power and range that puts a .45ACP to shame, and does NOT come with Class-3 or DD restrictions that tell the govt all about exactly who has it, what your life story is, and every bit of info about you a govt agent would ever want.

BTW, that .95 rifle in the video cannot stop a tank. Meaning, when one shows up, your only choice is to run like hell. Which means you'd have to abandon that .95 after everything you'd put into it, and let the bad guys take it, since you can't run any distance at any speed carrying it and its ammo. The 12ga is a LOT more portable, and can stop anything short of a tank, including an NFL linbacker hopped up on meth or angeldust. AND the horse he rode in on.

Robert A Whit
01-14-2013, 04:04 PM

WOW

How much would you pay to shoot that?

And how many shots would you pay to take?

Some think you actually do mean it might somehow stop a tank. Only if you can get the mizzle inside the tank and blow up the ammo of the tank would that idea work.

One reason I love the book by General Fred Franks so much is he goes into so much detail in his book including what our modern day tank ammo can do that the book is a real learning experience.

Into the Storm is a very good book when one has the indea of getting some ideas of our modern combat operations.

The depleted uranium round used by our tanks has real killer punch. And the muzzle velocity of that gun is unbelievable. It can kill an enemy tank from well over a mile off. And imagine our tanks gunners actually saw the enemy that far off and at night.

We have the upper hand in tanks and tank guns. Our tanks carried chunks of depleted uranium as armor too. They could really take a huge hit.

Marcus Aurelius
01-14-2013, 04:19 PM
I'd want this one...
http://3.7mustang.com/vb/attachments/f19/143656d1268079627-top-5-movie-weapons-you-wish-you-were-real-doom-bfg2.jpg

darin
01-14-2013, 04:57 PM
Acorn- it's just a cool gun. Wasn't making any argument except "cool gun".

WOW

How much would you pay to shoot that?

And how many shots would you pay to take?

i would pay what it costs; and shoot as much as I had. Days work of pay might buy me 10 shots? :)

jafar00
01-14-2013, 05:20 PM
I could make a witty refrain equating big guns with small penis's but I will resist the urge this time :laugh:

tailfins
01-14-2013, 05:22 PM
I could make a witty refrain equating big guns with small penis's but I will resist the urge this time :laugh:

Thou dost protest too much, methinks.

Little-Acorn
01-14-2013, 05:49 PM
I could make a witty refrain
I doubt it.

equating big guns with small penis's

It never fails. Liberals who know they are losing the debate, always think of the size of people's penises. Even when they can't even spell the word.

Marcus Aurelius
01-14-2013, 05:53 PM

you couldn't make a witty refrain if your life depended on it.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-14-2013, 06:48 PM
I do not have assault weapons. I do have some defense weapons.

I will not list them because the gubbermint may decide to try to take them !!

And folks, that's EXACTLY WHY THEY ARE DEFENSE WEAPONS!!!
Did I mention, ffkk obama! ok, again just to prove I mean it --ffkk obama !!

Today he threatened to further limit the 2nd Amendment by use of E.O!
He also in another speech told Congress he doesnt intend on having this debtceiling , spending debate every 3 months!

As if he now has the "purse strings" the Constitution gave solely to Congress!

You folks had better wake up to this dictator's thoughts that he RULES ALL !!!--Tyr

jimnyc
01-14-2013, 06:59 PM

I don't have a gun, does that mean the opposite for me? :coffee:

darin
01-14-2013, 07:01 PM
Yes Jim - means you have a Vag.

:p

I KID, I KID...I hope.

Either way, I wouldn't judge ya.

aboutime
01-14-2013, 07:05 PM

jafar. Jokes on you. You didn't refrain since you JUST HAD TO SAY IT. No resistance, and your embarrassment is ALL YOURS.

jimnyc
01-14-2013, 07:13 PM
Yes Jim - means you have a Vag.

:p

I KID, I KID...I hope.

Either way, I wouldn't judge ya.

My initial thought was "cool, if I had one I could..." :beer:

aboutime
01-14-2013, 07:16 PM
I doubt it.

It never fails. Liberals who know they are losing the debate, always think of the size of people's penises. Even when they can't even spell the word.

Little-Acorn. jafar is dreaming in Hamas color again. We all know jafar never had any toys. So, there was only one thing he could play with, and it never let him DOWN.

Binky
01-14-2013, 07:25 PM

Holy cow! Looks too heavy to carry around shooting zombies tho'. :laugh2:

darin
01-15-2013, 06:36 AM
Binky - that rifle would be for zombies driving a bus...not for point-targets :)

taft2012
01-15-2013, 07:20 AM
As long as we're fantasizing; I'd like one of those Star Trek hand-held phasers, the size of a cellphone, no recoil, no ear-damaging noise, blasts the target into atomic particles, and leaves behind no evidence whatsoever to create any messy crime scene concerns.

Marcus Aurelius
01-15-2013, 07:49 AM
As long as we're fantasizing; I'd like one of those Star Trek hand-held phasers, the size of a cellphone, no recoil, no ear-damaging noise, blasts the target into atomic particles, and leaves behind no evidence whatsoever to create any messy crime scene concerns.

excellent choice.

http://www.xscapesprops.com/star%20trek%20props/Phaser%201%20TOS.jpg

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-15-2013, 09:07 AM

Careful or your muslim pals may get the thought to lop off your head because you have such gay thoughts!:laugh2:

Little-Acorn
01-15-2013, 11:14 AM
Careful or your muslim pals may get the thought to lop off your head

Before or after they have their way with him?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Or not.....

Drummond
01-15-2013, 12:03 PM

... h'mm. OK, I have to ask ... how should Hamas's utter determination to fire missile after missile at Israel be viewed, then ???:laugh:

Robert A Whit
01-15-2013, 01:07 PM
I don't have a gun, does that mean the opposite for me? :coffee:

And today, I have a very small bore pistol. Wonder what he makes of that?

bingster
01-15-2013, 01:38 PM

I think an ar15 would be a hell of lot more dangerous. I can't imagine anyone swinging that thing around and killing many people. I'll bet these guys' shoulders are kill them! :)

Little-Acorn
01-15-2013, 02:30 PM
I think an ar15 would be a hell of lot more dangerous.

Why?

You do know that an AR-15 fires a much smaller bullet, don't you?

And you do know that many people who use it, refer to it disparagingly as a "mouse gun", due to its much-reduced lethality under most conditions, don't you?

And you do know that an AR-15 fires only one shot for each trigger pull, don't you?

Or are you just another liberal ignoramous who knows nothing about what he's talking about, is uninterested in learning, but wants government to do what he says and restrict everybody else he's afraid of anyway?

bingster
01-16-2013, 10:30 PM
Why?

You do know that an AR-15 fires a much smaller bullet, don't you?

And you do know that many people who use it, refer to it disparagingly as a "mouse gun", due to its much-reduced lethality under most conditions, don't you?

And you do know that an AR-15 fires only one shot for each trigger pull, don't you?

Or are you just another liberal ignoramous who knows nothing about what he's talking about, is uninterested in learning, but wants government to do what he says and restrict everybody else he's afraid of anyway?

No, I'm not an ignoramous and have fired a few m16a1's and m16a2's in my time and know that they are the military version of the ar-15, and are easier to kill a bunch of folks than that one shot monster they showed in the video. Pull your head out of your right wing!

Quit dropping to the default position of insulting the liberal. That thing they fired in the video required a set up of vices to prevent the 200lb kick that thing was capable of. If you think you can handle it like Rambo handled a 50-cal than you're more man than your posts reveal.

Knock it off with the name calling folks. Maturity is a good thing. You're not in high school anymore, or are you?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-16-2013, 10:35 PM
Before or after they have their way with him?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Or not.....

Most likely after. They are well known to be backdoor boys when they get a chance to be! Allah grants them special permission as long as they are murdering in his name!!--Tyr

aboutime
01-16-2013, 10:59 PM
No, I'm not an ignoramous and have fired a few m16a1's and m16a2's in my time and know that they are the military version of the ar-15, and are easier to kill a bunch of folks than that one shot monster they showed in the video. Pull your head out of your right wing!

Quit dropping to the default position of insulting the liberal. That thing they fired in the video required a set up of vices to prevent the 200lb kick that thing was capable of. If you think you can handle it like Rambo handled a 50-cal than you're more man than your posts reveal.

Knock it off with the name calling folks. Maturity is a good thing. You're not in high school anymore, or are you?

What name calling would that be? If you are referring to some of us telling, or making truthful statements here that you call name calling. You are at the wrong place. As for telling us to knock it off. You should have taken your own advice before coming here to pretend you are the only person qualified to speak.

bingster
01-16-2013, 11:30 PM
What name calling would that be? If you are referring to some of us telling, or making truthful statements here that you call name calling. You are at the wrong place. As for telling us to knock it off. You should have taken your own advice before coming here to pretend you are the only person qualified to speak.

"liberal ignoramous who knows nothing about what he's talking about,"-this is the name calling part and if you feel intimidated by my arguments that you can't defend against because you don't have a competing argument and you can only heft the strength to throw out an insult, then you are a child. Speak all you want and so can I. Most of the difference between you and I is that I bring real arguments of logic and you just hurl globs of insult. Sticks and stones, you know?