PDA

View Full Version : Weekend picks - who ya going with?

jimnyc
01-16-2013, 12:56 PM
Baltimore Ravens at New England Patriots

SF 49ers at Atlanta Falcons

I'm pulling for Baltimore and Atlanta, then an Atlanta victory in the big game. But if betting, I go with the Niners and Patriots this weekend.

Thunderknuckles
01-16-2013, 01:53 PM
How does any true Steelers fan pull for the Ravens? You need to burn your Terrible Towel buddy!

:cool:

jimnyc
01-16-2013, 02:06 PM
How does any true Steelers fan pull for the Ravens? You need to burn your Terrible Towel buddy!

Oh no, lemme explain!!

As Steelers fan, we have to be against our rivals. But we also need to be against the Patriots, who cheated, and knocked us out of so many championship games. And I think they match up better with the NFC teams, which gives them a better shot at the bowl, so I want them out first. I want Atlanta to beat the Niners, as I know a bunch of Niners fans and want them to feel the pain of getting so close and failing again. Then I want Atlant to knock out the Ravens. Nothing stings more than a SB loss, bird fans!!

Atlanta is the only team I don't take issue with. So there is a method to my madness!!

jimnyc
01-16-2013, 02:08 PM

And that's a negative on the TT too!! The one I use on gameday now is my oldest to date, got to be pushing 20 years. Never been washed. Just comes out for gameday and then back on top of my Steelers helmet as soon as the game is over. Lots of sweat and tears on that sucker, and probably some ketchup and mustard too!!

Robert A Whit
01-16-2013, 03:23 PM
Baltimore Ravens at New England Patriots

SF 49ers at Atlanta Falcons

I'm pulling for Baltimore and Atlanta, then an Atlanta victory in the big game. But if betting, I go with the Niners and Patriots this weekend.

If the Ravens and 49rs win, it is brother vs brother as to head coaches.

Skip the preliminaries. I pick the 49rs to win the Super bowl. It won't matter who they play.

Robert A Whit
01-16-2013, 03:27 PM
Oh no, lemme explain!!

As Steelers fan, we have to be against our rivals. But we also need to be against the Patriots, who cheated, and knocked us out of so many championship games. And I think they match up better with the NFC teams, which gives them a better shot at the bowl, so I want them out first. I want Atlanta to beat the Niners, as I know a bunch of Niners fans and want them to feel the pain of getting so close and failing again. Then I want Atlant to knock out the Ravens. Nothing stings more than a SB loss, bird fans!!

Atlanta is the only team I don't take issue with. So there is a method to my madness!!

Ummmm, we won a bunch of super bowls Jim. And we have lost since. I happen to think they win it all as the most powerful team.

I like Alex Smith the previous QB a lot but I have to admit that Colin Kaepernick destroys defenses. Atlanta is way over their head.

Why? If they stop Colin, our other RBs run wild. And we have a top notch group of receivers.

More than that, our defense has to be top ranked in the NFL.

jimnyc
01-16-2013, 03:32 PM
Ummmm, we won a bunch of super bowls Jim. And we have lost since. I happen to think they win it all as the most powerful team.

I like Alex Smith the previous QB a lot but I have to admit that Colin Kaepernick destroys defenses. Atlanta is way over their head.

Why? If they stop Colin, our other RBs run wild. And we have a top notch group of receivers.

More than that, our defense has to be top ranked in the NFL.

The Steelers Defense was ranked #1 overall by yardage, which was generally "the" indicator, along with PPG, which Seattle owned. The Steelers finished 8-8 and Seattle just lost out. I'm not saying these things don't count - but as they say - "Any Given Sunday".

But I do agree with your take on the QB and the RB is Gore, no? I don't think I would look past Matt Ryan, Michael Turner, Roddy White and Julio Jones just yet! Either way, I expect a good game.

Robert A Whit
01-16-2013, 04:30 PM
The Steelers Defense was ranked #1 overall by yardage, which was generally "the" indicator, along with PPG, which Seattle owned. The Steelers finished 8-8 and Seattle just lost out. I'm not saying these things don't count - but as they say - "Any Given Sunday".

But I do agree with your take on the QB and the RB is Gore, no? I don't think I would look past Matt Ryan, Michael Turner, Roddy White and Julio Jones just yet! Either way, I expect a good game.

I don't find yardage on the scoreboard.

I have to check but I think they rightfully rank them by points scored and points against.

Then the intangible is that Atlanta simply does not have Colin Kaepernick. That guy can fly.

Further he is super accurate.

I too expect it to be a hard fought game. I don't think there are any push overs ine final 4. Do you?

Abbey Marie
01-16-2013, 04:32 PM
I am a fan of the Ravens, and I'd love to see them beat the Cheatriots. But I wouldn't bet on it.

As for the other game, I don't really care. I have 2 players from each team on my fantasy playoff team.

gabosaurus
01-16-2013, 04:35 PM
I have no clue, but my friend Katie is (grudgingly) going with the Patriots and 49ers.
I will pick the Patriots to win it all simply because they have the cutest quarterback. :cool:

jimnyc
01-16-2013, 04:40 PM
I don't find yardage on the scoreboard.

I have to check but I think they rightfully rank them by points scored and points against.

Then the intangible is that Atlanta simply does not have Colin Kaepernick. That guy can fly.

Further he is super accurate.

I too expect it to be a hard fought game. I don't think there are any push overs ine final 4. Do you?

You won't find INT's on the scoreboard either, but players get ranked by them. I'm just pointing out, that depending on which statistician you choose to believe, the defensive team leader would be either Pittsburgh or Seattle. You never see them saying "who is best against the run" and "who is best against the pass". Steelers were #1 against the run. Steelers were #2 against the pass. Steelers finished #3 in their own division!! Dirty bastards.

But I do think SF is looking to be in stride right now, while Atlanta is scratching and clawing their way around.

jimnyc
01-16-2013, 04:41 PM
I have no clue, but my friend Katie is (grudgingly) going with the Patriots and 49ers.
I will pick the Patriots to win it all simply because they have the cutest quarterback. :cool:

Tom Brady is a fruit loop.

gabosaurus
01-16-2013, 04:44 PM
Tom Brady is a fruit loop.

Perhaps. But he is a wealthy fruit loop with an attractive wife who obviously gets a LOT of boobies.

jimnyc
01-16-2013, 04:48 PM
Perhaps. But he is a wealthy fruit loop with an attractive wife who obviously gets a LOT of boobies.

Yes, the money is nice as it tends to bring boobies around, I'll admit that much. But even if I was loaded, I'd rather be a dirtbag than a prima donna like him who cries if a LB even looks in his direction. :poke:

Robert A Whit
01-16-2013, 05:00 PM
You won't find INT's on the scoreboard either, but players get ranked by them. I'm just pointing out, that depending on which statistician you choose to believe, the defensive team leader would be either Pittsburgh or Seattle. You never see them saying "who is best against the run" and "who is best against the pass". Steelers were #1 against the run. Steelers were #2 against the pass. Steelers finished #3 in their own division!! Dirty bastards.

But I do think SF is looking to be in stride right now, while Atlanta is scratching and clawing their way around.

I was scratching around to see who scored the most points and what team gave up the lowest number of points.

Nothing else matters other than scores.

Some say stats are for losers. I look at points for and against.

SF tore the asses off Green Bay and that was not supposed to happen.

Sure shit happens. But at the end, my prediction is 49rs win it all.

However, the games have not been won yet so it is nothing more than my less than humble opinion. LOL

Robert A Whit
01-16-2013, 05:05 PM
I hate to hear bad shit about Tom Brady. That guy is a local guy who played football in the SF Bay Area. He wanted to be a 49er.

Even Aaron Rogers of GB is a northern CA guy. I like him a lot and did when he played at CAL in Berkeley.

If the 49ers offence can get better, .... well, how can it? It is damned good.

jimnyc
01-16-2013, 05:19 PM
I was scratching around to see who scored the most points and what team gave up the lowest number of points.

Nothing else matters other than scores.

Some say stats are for losers. I look at points for and against.

SF tore the asses off Green Bay and that was not supposed to happen.

Sure shit happens. But at the end, my prediction is 49rs win it all.

However, the games have not been won yet so it is nothing more than my less than humble opinion. LOL

Yep, as they say - "that's why they play the games"

Robert A Whit
01-20-2013, 06:46 PM
Yep, as they say - "that's why they play the games"

Today's game came in roughly two parts.
Atlanta scared me for a bit over a quarter. The 49ers won the rest of the game.

Falling behind 17-0 we took the rest of the game 28-7.

I can live with that.

I don't think I picked a winner in the other game.

OK, due to Brady, I pick NE to win.

I still pick the 49ers to win the Super Bowl.

ConHog
01-20-2013, 06:47 PM
Oh no, lemme explain!!

Fuck the CHeatriots, rooting against them is ALWAYS acceptable.