PDA

View Full Version : Obamacare - Southwestern Pa. hospital to stop baby deliveries

jimnyc
01-16-2013, 01:17 PM
And how many people will lose their jobs as a result of this? The consumers, patients, employees - those are the people that are going to pay for this stupid "act".

WINDBER, Pa. (AP) — A southwestern Pennsylvania hospital will stop delivering babies after March 31 because its obstetricians are either leaving or refocusing their practices, and because hospital officials believe they can't afford it based on projected reimbursements under looming federal health care reforms.

The Windber Medical Center, about 60 miles southeast of Pittsburgh, is losing two obstetricians and two others are shifting their focus more to gynecology.

Hospital officials say the population of women of child-bearing age is dropping and that the number of births the hospital would be called upon to perform isn't enough for it to provide the service in the face of lower reimbursements under the federal Affordable Care Act.

The hospital delivered about 200 babies each year since restarting its obstetrics program in 2005.

Officials aren't sure how many jobs will be lost

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/20603065/southwestern-pa-hospital-to-stop-baby-deliveries

fj1200
01-16-2013, 01:26 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA, my diabolical plan to make it so unprofitable for medical services to be provided to the bourgeoisie is nearing it's completion which will herald a grand new era of the people clamoring for nationalized health care...

Bastards.

jimnyc
01-16-2013, 01:28 PM
Bastards.

Funny thing is, with people dropping employees and services ALREADY, I think health care will be LESS by the time this crap goes into full effect. The only one benefiting from this will be the homeless.

jimnyc
01-16-2013, 01:29 PM
Funny thing is, with people dropping employees and services ALREADY, I think health care will be LESS by the time this crap goes into full effect. The only one benefiting from this will be the homeless.

Forgot to add, that WE will pay for the homeless. But even then, the consumers will spend less as a result, hurting everyone.

Robert A Whit
01-16-2013, 01:52 PM
I have talked to my regular doctor. He does NOT approve of Obama care.
I talked to my Cardiologist. He does not approve it either.
I talked to my eye doctor and some of his staff. None approve Obama care.

Down the road, what do you or anybody believe my doctors plans are given they hate the program?

jimnyc
01-16-2013, 01:56 PM
^^ tons of doctors and others in the medical field are and WERE against this, and said it would hurt, but the politicians didn't care much to listen to them.

red states rule
01-17-2013, 03:19 AM
Libs will now say since there are not enough hospital employees to deliver the baby - the only option left is to abort the baby. To most libs that would be a "reasonable" compromise