PDA

View Full Version : Police Shoot, Kill Dog When Going To A Home By Mistake

jimnyc
01-16-2013, 01:21 PM
Call me silly or nuts if you like, but if this ever happened to me, I am either going to jail for felony assault on an officer or worse.

ADAMS COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) – An Adams County man is in shock after he says deputies shot and killed his dog.

Jeff Fisher said deputies went to his house by mistake. He said when they forced their way through the door his dog Ziggy ran outside and an Adams County Sheriff’s deputy shot and killed him.

“(He went to the door) to see who it was and the police officer shot him three times,” Fisher said. “They killed my dog for no reason.”

Fisher said Ziggy was his best friend and can’t believe he’s gone.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/01/15/police-shoot-kill-dog-when-going-to-a-home-by-mistake/

NT'sGirl
01-16-2013, 01:30 PM
I would be locked up too...ya just don't mess with my dog

jimnyc
01-16-2013, 01:34 PM
I would be locked up too...ya just don't mess with my dog

And did you see the pic of the dog? Seems like someone overreacted. The sad thing is that he'll even have a tough time suing. He'll get more for a broken door than he would his beloved pet. Pets are still treated as property and the value is basically what you paid for them.

tailfins
01-16-2013, 01:39 PM
Call me silly or nuts if you like, but if this ever happened to me, I am either going to jail for felony assault on an officer or worse.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/01/15/police-shoot-kill-dog-when-going-to-a-home-by-mistake/

Can I call you both?

NT'sGirl
01-16-2013, 01:45 PM
Can I call you both?

I would post your bail.

jimnyc
01-16-2013, 01:55 PM
Can I call you both?

You most certainly can! I prefer the latter...

NT'sGirl
01-16-2013, 01:56 PM
And did you see the pic of the dog? Seems like someone overreacted. The sad thing is that he'll even have a tough time suing. He'll get more for a broken door than he would his beloved pet. Pets are still treated as property and the value is basically what you paid for them.

That is the saddest part.

Reminds me of a time at camp when My dog went to guard mode because some one made threatening gestures toward my boss... she did not attack him but she let him know she had no problems ripping his face off... he pulled a gun and pointed it at my dog. In .5 seconds he had 4 trained on him. My coworkers would not stand for that any more then I would.
Needless to say he relented and cursed about its "just a dog" the whole airplane ride back to town that day... Also that my dog caused him to loose his hunting trip... NOT that his actions had any bearing on how things happened.
He managed to be in camp 45 minutes before he got sent packing

Some people will never get that "Its NOT just a dog" or any kind of pet

tailfins
01-16-2013, 02:01 PM
I would post your bail.

Pretty sharp, snappy, witty response there. You're definitely not asleep at the wheel today.

jimnyc
01-16-2013, 02:03 PM
I have the "it's just a dog" argument all the time, and it pisses me off. I wish I could own all the dogs and cats out there, but that might be an issue in my quaint little home here in NY! Nonetheless, I always have had a pet or 2 throughout my life. Since they always bring me unconditional love, I give it back in return and treat them like members of the family. Granted, there are limitations, but they are WELL taken care of, and loved like little kids here. We get sad when they don't feel well, bring them to the doctor, surgeries, feeding them, walking them, just hanging around with them, even talking to them. Although they aren't talking back, it's understood that they are a member of the family. When my pups finally go, I am going to be devastated.