PDA

View Full Version : New Movie Releases 5/29/07

nevadamedic
05-29-2007, 03:08 AM
Here is a list of the new releases this week with a brief discription. I will be doing this every week so you guys have a good idea about whats coming out.

Hannibal Rising ~ Thriller/Horror ~ Here comes the most chilling chapter in the saga of Hannibal Lecter - the one that answers the most elusive question of all - why? This looks like a really good movies, especially if you enjoy the Hannibal Movies(Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, Red Dragon and Manhunter). Unfortunatly this one does not have Anthony Hopkins playing the role of Hannibal, so I am curious to see if the new actor lives up to the role.

The Foursome ~ Comedy ~ Not to much is said about this movie, just a few college buddies coming together a few years later and reflecting on their college days. It seems like a direct to DVD movie. The cover is pretty colorful :)

Be My Baby ~ Comedy/Romance ~ A single mom carries out an elaborate blackmail scheme to get even with former lovers until one of them falls in love with her.

Drive Thru ~ Horror ~ The mascot for a local burger chain goes on a rampage, brandishing a meat cleaver and a deep fryer to dispatch his fast-food-craving victims.

The Final Patient ~ Horror/Thriller ~ An aging doctor discovers the fountain of youth, but his search for immortality comes with a horrifying price.

Loveless In Los Angeles ~ Romance/Comedy ~ A womanizing TV producer asks his old college crush for her help in rehabilitating him into the nice guy he once was.

Mexican American ~ Action ~ A former boxer must find and rescue his daughter who has been kidnapped.

My Brother ~ Drama ~ Drama about two impoverished brothers, one of whom is developmentally disabled, who form a bond of love as they become young adults.

Rain ~ Drama ~ A musically gifted African-American girl goes to live with her white relatives she never knew she had after her younger sister is murdered.

Resistance ~ Drama/Romance/War ~ An American fighter pilot who has been shot down over occupied Belgium finds refuge in the house of a resistance leader and his wife. As she nurses the injured pilot back to health, the two slowly fall in love. But when the affair is uncovered, an act of betrayal threatens them and the resistance movement.

I hope this helps. I usually either goto Best Boy or Wal-Mart for movies. The advantage to Best Buy is they have the Reward Zone program where everytime you spend $200.00 you get a $5.00 certificate good for anything in the store. The points accumilate over time and if you buy movies like I do you get a ton back. The other benefit is that Best Buy will also price match any other store so you get the Reward Zone benefit along with price matching.

nevadamedic
05-29-2007, 02:10 PM
Has anyone seen any of those movies? I would love to get your take on them as I am going to buy a few of the today.