PDA

View Full Version : Toddler is 20 years old AND parents like it

Robert A Whit
01-16-2013, 09:06 PM
Little Brooke Greenberg has shining eyes that twinkle when her mother takes her clothes' shopping, pushing her stroller through the infant wear department of their local stores, where Brooke gets her clothes.
But Brooke is 20 years old this year, and she hasn't grown an inch since she was 4 or 5 years old. Her story is a medical mystery (http://www.livescience.com/15875-medical-mystery-hear-eyeballs-move.html) that has baffled some of the finest doctors in the world, according to the Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2260378/She-just-stopped-growing-Meet-20-year-old-woman-trapped-inside-toddlers-body--doctors-baffled.html).

And the parents claim they would turn down a magic pill that promises to fix her.

Who has heard of this case?

cadet
01-16-2013, 10:36 PM
And the parents claim they would turn down a magic pill that promises to fix her.

I saw this a few years ago, I see is the possibility of stopping the aging process some time in the near future...

Abbey Marie
01-17-2013, 12:34 AM
I saw this a few years ago, I see is the possibility of stopping the aging process some time in the near future...

I am curious at what age people would choose to stop aging, if they had a choice.

cadet
01-17-2013, 09:15 AM
I am curious at what age people would choose to stop aging, if they had a choice.

23-25ish.

Teenage energy, old enough to do anything, young enough to have the ability to go anywhere. And no arthritis.

glockmail
01-17-2013, 09:47 AM
I am curious at what age people would choose to stop aging, if they had a choice. 30.

As the parent of two kids now in college, I am so glad that they will be independent very soon. I'm done with the parenting routine. My mother had 5 kids spread out over 10 years and I don't know how she did it. It's frickin' tiring.

tailfins
01-17-2013, 10:17 AM

From the point of view of making her into someone she isn't, I understand. However, stopping her from developing mentally isn't right.

Abbey Marie
01-17-2013, 12:08 PM
Yes, I'd heard of the story.
My thought is, if doctors discover the way to stop aging, we'd better find another planet fast.

As for what is the best age to stop aging, my first inclination was to say 19, because it was such a great year for me. But then I thought about how most of us need to live a good while before we know what the heck we are doing. So, maybe it should be later than that. As in my favorite quote, from the Pennsylvania Dutch: "Too soon oldt undt too late schmart".

tailfins
01-17-2013, 12:10 PM
My thought is, if doctors discover the way to stop aging, we'd better find another planet fast.

As for what is the best age to stop aging, my first inclination was to say 19, because it was such a great year for me. But then I thought about how most of us need to live a good while before we know what the heck we are doing. So, maybe it should be later than that. As in my favorite quote, from the Pennsylvania Dutch: "Too soon oldt undt too late schmart".

Is that Pennsylvania Dutch or Pennsylvania Deutch? The Amish goof that up and it's really irritating.

Kathianne
01-17-2013, 07:28 PM
23-25ish.

Teenage energy, old enough to do anything, young enough to have the ability to go anywhere. And no arthritis.

I'm thinking more like 29-35. Still young enough to do most things, additionally experienced enough not to be fooled most of the time.

Kathianne
01-17-2013, 07:31 PM

As the parent of two kids now in college, I am so glad that they will be independent very soon. I'm done with the parenting routine. My mother had 5 kids spread out over 10 years and I don't know how she did it. It's frickin' tiring.

Trust me, 'little kids, little problems. Bigger kids, bigger problems.' Doesn't stop when they graduate. I'm going through 2 weddings in the next 5 months, 1 of them is causing major headaches and heart aches, the other is mostly fine.

Who'd ever think the daughter's wedding would be the 'easy one?'

Robert A Whit
01-17-2013, 07:36 PM

I would be age 30-35.

I am fortunate that by appearances, my ageing has not been as fast as most people are. I am 74 but get mistaken as much younger. It is catching up to me now though.

Why 30-35? At that age, I looked like I was in my twenties.

Robert A Whit
01-17-2013, 07:40 PM

I said 30-35 but thinking more, let's put it as 21. I age slowly in looks. But if one looks 21 from then on, they still have the years of experience later.

I would go back to when I had my best teeth is why I would go back to about 21.

Robert A Whit
01-17-2013, 07:42 PM
From the point of view of making her into someone she isn't, I understand. However, stopping her from developing mentally isn't right.

From what I read about her, her mind is that of a toddler. Anyway, the parents don't have a magic pill.

glockmail
01-18-2013, 09:30 AM
Trust me, 'little kids, little problems. Bigger kids, bigger problems.' Doesn't stop when they graduate. I'm going through 2 weddings in the next 5 months, 1 of them is causing major headaches and heart aches, the other is mostly fine.

Who'd ever think the daughter's wedding would be the 'easy one?'I'm not seeing that Kate. In many ways my son is more mature than I am now. He dumped a girl that my wife and i have liked for him since middle school because she's turned against God. He's conservative. Never gotten a traffic ticket. Incredibly, he listens to my advice for career and finance.

My daughter not so much but still much more grounded than I was at that age. She's far from a drama queen and we laugh together at gals who are. My wife and I had to finance much of our own wedding and thus we did so on the cheap, but it was a great time by all. That will be our model for hers. My only concern there is that she's had the same BF since high school. He's a hard working kid but not the brightest bulb on the tree. Guys are lined up to date her.

Kathianne
01-18-2013, 10:19 AM
I'm not seeing that Kate. In many ways my son is more mature than I am now. He dumped a girl that my wife and i have liked for him since middle school because she's turned against God. He's conservative. Never gotten a traffic ticket. Incredibly, he listens to my advice for career and finance.

My daughter not so much but still much more grounded than I was at that age. She's far from a drama queen and we laugh together at gals who are. My wife and I had to finance much of our own wedding and thus we did so on the cheap, but it was a great time by all. That will be our model for hers. My only concern there is that she's had the same BF since high school. He's a hard working kid but not the brightest bulb on the tree. Guys are lined up to date her.

Can't pick for them. I'm also old enough to know that you really can't predict which couples will work through to spend their entire adult life with one person. Some that 'everyone' knew would make it, didn't and vice versa.

glockmail
01-18-2013, 12:23 PM
Can't pick for them. I'm also old enough to know that you really can't predict which couples will work through to spend their entire adult life with one person. Some that 'everyone' knew would make it, didn't and vice versa.

True, but setting priorities helps. Five siblings, parents and grandparents, none of them divorced.