PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen The Guardian?

nevadamedic
05-29-2007, 03:29 AM
Has anyone seen The Guardian? If so did you like it? What do you think of Ashton Kutcher in a non comedy role? I really loved the movie. I think Kevin Costner and Ashton both were amazing. It had a few funny parts, a romance part and the end was really sad. I would reccommend it to anyone, it was one of the best Action movies I have seen in a long time. It is about the United States Coast Guard Rescue Swimmers Program.

jackass
05-29-2007, 03:43 PM
I saw it. It was entertaining. I MIGHT watch it again but I wouldnt buy it or anything. Worth the rental.

Abbey Marie
05-29-2007, 11:19 PM
It was a-ight.

nevadamedic
05-29-2007, 11:31 PM
It was a-ight.

It is alot better then a-ight.

Abbey Marie
05-30-2007, 12:18 AM
It is alot better then a-ight.

O-P-I-N-I-O-N ;)

manu1959
05-30-2007, 12:24 AM
would have been a good movie with actors in it....

Abbey Marie
05-30-2007, 12:31 AM

:laugh2:

nevadamedic
05-30-2007, 01:25 AM

Kevin Costner and Ashton Kutcher are awesome together and are great actors!!!!!!!! :poke:

DragonStryk72
05-30-2007, 01:51 AM
It was actually a good movie, I actually have it on dvd. I was a little concerned about Ashton trying to go non-comedic, but then, I had that same concern with Adam Sandler taking a serious acting role, but thankfully, they both came out swimmingly.

nevadamedic
05-30-2007, 01:59 AM
It was actually a good movie, I actually have it on dvd. I was a little concerned about Ashton trying to go non-comedic, but then, I had that same concern with Adam Sandler taking a serious acting role, but thankfully, they both came out swimmingly.

I had the same concern about Ashton but he really surprised me. It was hard before I saw it thinking about him in movies like Kust Married, My Bosses Daughter and Guess Who taking on a more emotional action role. I think hw knocked it out of the park. I bought it on dvd the day it came out. Ashton did manage to get a few parts of comedy in there, not many, but it really livened up the movie. I also thought he played off Kevin Costner really well.

Which role were you talking about Adam Sandler in the serious one? Anything Adam has done remotly serious I didn't like. Also I thought click was horrible, but that is just me.

DragonStryk72
05-30-2007, 02:04 AM
Click was all right, not his best work, but Spanglish was actually really great. There was a bit of comedy in there, but really, it wasn't the central focus of the movie. It's very difficult for comedians to make that conversion, because they are really used to doing things in a funny way, I mean, you can count the ones successful at it on the bad hand of a wood shop teacher.

nevadamedic
05-30-2007, 02:12 AM
Click was all right, not his best work, but Spanglish was actually really great. There was a bit of comedy in there, but really, it wasn't the central focus of the movie. It's very difficult for comedians to make that conversion, because they are really used to doing things in a funny way, I mean, you can count the ones successful at it on the bad hand of a wood shop teacher.

I didn;t like Spanglish, I actually fell asleep the three times I tried to watch it. The only recent Adam Sandler movie that I thought was funny was Anger Managment. Not to say I didn't love The Longest Yard or 50 First Dates, I did, but I just really thought Anger Managment was hilarious. I also prefer Adam Sandlers old school movies like Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, Airheads and Bulletproof.

DragonStryk72
05-30-2007, 02:19 AM
Those ones will always be classics, I have all of his movies. As for Ashton, his first attempt at seriousness, Butterfly Effect, just went too far in one direction.

nevadamedic
05-30-2007, 02:26 AM
Those ones will always be classics, I have all of his movies. As for Ashton, his first attempt at seriousness, Butterfly Effect, just went too far in one direction.

Do you have Going Overboard? It was his first movie, extremly low budget and horrible, I bought it just because I have all Adam's movies as well. f you sont is usually in the $3.00 special bin at Wal-Mart when they have that bin. The Butterflyeffect I thought was a great movie, I just think they should have had a different lead role, that is what hurt the movie in IMO, Ashton just wasn'r right for that part. I would like to see him stick to comedy, Adam as well.
What do you think about Tommy Lee Jones in comedies like Men in Black and Man of the House? The reason I ask is I am so used to seing him in action roles and seeing him in Comedy's are great. He is a talented actor and can play any role and genre that you throw at him.

huglover21
05-30-2007, 02:51 AM
I have seen this movie, and I love it, I think it is a great movie with all those swimmers having to do all of that work to help other people out, I can watch this movie over and over again

huglover21
05-30-2007, 02:52 AM
:clap:
I have seen this movie, and I love it, I think it is a great movie with all those swimmers having to do all of that work to help other people out, I can watch this movie over and over again

nevadamedic
05-30-2007, 03:00 AM

Hey Abby, welcome!

huglover21
05-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Hi don, thanks for the message, i hope we are still friends:salute:

Hey Abby, welcome!

nevadamedic
05-31-2007, 03:16 AM
Hi don, thanks for the message, i hope we are still friends:salute:

Anytime kid.

nevadamedic
05-31-2007, 03:16 AM
Now lets get back on the topic :laugh2:

superman8
06-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Ive seen this movie a few times. I thought it was pretty good. Its good to see actors like Ashton do something different as an actor. He played his part really well in this movie and Kevin helped Ashtons's performance!!!