PDA

View Full Version : New York forgot to exempt cops from its new ban on high-capacity magazines

red states rule
01-18-2013, 02:52 AM
I am sure the criminals in NY are giddy over the latest action by NY libs. Libs HAD to so "something" to stop the killing and they did. http://hotair.com/archives/2013/01/17/oh-by-the-way-new-york-forgot-to-exempt-cops-from-its-new-ban-on-high-capacity-magazines/

logroller
01-18-2013, 04:35 AM
As asinine as cops being limited on what they can carry and where, at least its standardized.

red states rule
01-18-2013, 04:38 AM
As asinine as cops being limited on what they can carry and where, at least its standardized.

That is one of the basic foundations of liberalism LR. It is not fair that cops have more fire power then the criminals. Now everyone in NY has a more equal chance of being shot to death

logroller
01-18-2013, 05:15 AM
That is one of the basic foundations of liberalism LR. It is not fair that cops have more fire power then the criminals. Now everyone in NY has a more equal chance of being shot to death
No more fair than cops have more fire power than law-abiding citizens.
Turning that argument on its head is one of the basic foundations of a police state.

But equal protection of law is a concept of classical liberalism, a founding tenet of democratic ideals and is codified in our constitution-- Parts like We, the People, privileges and immunities, revoking of rights only by due process, entitlement to equal protection and, of course, the right of the people to bear arms--limitations of government power and empowerment of the people to have the opportunity to defend themselves against oppressive government is a pervasive concept in our constitution.

taft2012
01-18-2013, 07:08 AM
No more fair than cops have more fire power than law-abiding citizens. Immaterial, because law-abiding citizens in New York State can not, therefore do not, carry firearms. All this does is ensure the police, like everyone else, are outgunned by criminals.

Nukeman
01-18-2013, 07:11 AM
Personally they should have the same limitations placed on them.. If its good enough for "Joe Schmoe public" its good enough for the govt... After all they now have some of the strictest gun laws in the country so that means those nasty criminals won't be able to obtain and use firearms in any type of crime so the cops will be safe!!! Right????

taft2012
01-18-2013, 08:36 AM
Personally they should have the same limitations placed on them.. If its good enough for "Joe Schmoe public" its good enough for the govt... After all they now have some of the strictest gun laws in the country so that means those nasty criminals won't be able to obtain and use firearms in any type of crime so the cops will be safe!!! Right????

Lumping in the police with the political hacks in the state capitol isn't fair. The police, like law-abiding citizens, are the victims here. And even moreso because they're significantly more likely to find themselves in harm's way where using a firearm will be necessary.

Why is it so often that when politicians pass crappy laws, people can't wait for cops to die?

The police do not elect the politicians, you do. The politicians pass the laws the people desire, and the Constitution allows their removal in subsequent elections if the laws passed do not reflect the peoples' will.

I don't take smug pleasure when US military personnel or American civilians overseas are put in danger, or even worse die because of Obama's failed policies. Instead, I put the blame where it belongs, and direct ill-wishes in the appropriate direction.

Nukeman
01-18-2013, 09:37 AM
Lumping in the police with the political hacks in the state capitol isn't fair. The police, like law-abiding citizens, are the victims here. And even moreso because they're significantly more likely to find themselves in harm's way where using a firearm will be necessary.

Why is it so often that when politicians pass crappy laws, people can't wait for cops to die?.Please point to me where that has been stated!!!!!!

Also last I checked the police are performing a JOB that they went into with eyes wide open and fully cognizant of what that entails, They are NOT above the law or given special treatment due to the career vocation they chose!!!

The police do not elect the politicians, you do. The politicians pass the laws the people desire, and the Constitution allows their removal in subsequent elections if the laws passed do not reflect the peoples' will. So are you saying YOU and /or the police DON'T take part in the election process?? Are you saying that the LEO's have NO culpabilty during an election or that they give up their constitutional rights to vote??? Wow never heard that one before!!

I don't take smug pleasure when US military personnel or American civilians overseas are put in danger, or even worse die because of Obama's failed policies. Instead, I put the blame where it belongs, and direct ill-wishes in the appropriate direction Once again WHERE were ill-wishes placed upon LEO'S?? I still haven't seen that particular statement yet!!! Could you be so kind as to point it out for me!!! I am getting older so sometimes I miss statements, but I truely do not recall seeing or stating that!!! :poke:

aboutime
01-18-2013, 06:56 PM
Nukeman. How would the Police in New York be able to handle this if they didn't have access to the same weapons the convicts do?

http://youtu.be/SVeb_zZdliw

Nukeman
01-18-2013, 07:15 PM
Nukeman. How would the Police in New York be able to handle this if they didn't have access to the same weapons the convicts do?

http://youtu.be/SVeb_zZdliwWell thats a different debate all together now isn't it. Police are public servants and as such they should be held to the same level as the public.. That being said I do not agree with disarming the police just as I do not agree with disarming the general "Joe Schmoe" out on the street..

You guys are missing the point that if its good for the goose its good for the gander, or do you feel "some are more equal than others"????

aboutime
01-18-2013, 07:22 PM
Well thats a different debate all together now isn't it. Police are public servants and as such they should be held to the same level as the public.. That being said I do not agree with disarming the police just as I do not agree with disarming the general "Joe Schmoe" out on the street..

You guys are missing the point that if its good for the goose its good for the gander, or do you feel "some are more equal than others"????

Nukeman. That's a joke....right?

If not. I can't believe you said it.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-18-2013, 08:06 PM
Well thats a different debate all together now isn't it. Police are public servants and as such they should be held to the same level as the public.. That being said I do not agree with disarming the police just as I do not agree with disarming the general "Joe Schmoe" out on the street..

F-them there. THE ENTIRE THING IS A KNEE JERK LIBERAL DUMBASS ACTION AND THEY DESERVE WHAT THEY GET.. Vote in liberal dumbasses pay the price. They have been ffkked up as hell there for decades.
This latest is just more of the same.
Hook your cart up to be pulled by swine you got to expect to be dragged through the mud..
I have no sympathy, let the people there revolt or suffer.-Tyr

taft2012
01-19-2013, 06:37 AM

No, you're missing the point. Society puts protections in place for those who go into harm's way to protect us.

If someone punches you in the face while you're working, they will be charged with simple misdemeanor assault. If someone punches a police officer in the face while he's working, they will be charged with felonious assault.

If someone murders you while you're working, they will be charged with Murder 2. If someone murders a police officer while he's working, it will be Murder 1st degree, a capital offense. That also protects prison guards against murderous lifers who othewise would have no reason not to murder a prison guard.

If the legal size for a clip is 10 rounds, the police clip will be 16 rounds. Which can still put us at a disadvantage carrying 9mm handguns against someone armed with an illegal rifle.

How far are you willing to carry this "government not being above the law" belief of yours? To the military as well?

The police do not get to write the laws, and their numbers are not such that they can sway an election in one direction or another. They are just voting citizens like you and everyone else and get stuck with laws passed that they don't like, just like everyone else. However, those laws reflect the will of the democratic majority of the people, and will stand until changed or reversed.

Your perspective is not unlike that the Occupy Wall Street crowd: Why should someone else have what I don't?

It's perverse.