PDA

View Full Version : Staff actions going forward

jimnyc
01-19-2013, 12:31 PM
As I'm sure you are aware, Conhog is back and posting with us. This was MY decision. I've done it MANY times over the years, and I'll do it again for further members down the road. If second and third chances weren't allowed, barring terrible actions, then I would have been forbidden from this board myself, a LONG time ago!

But I'm not going to have the board go into a frenzy over one member. It's dumb. And it's easily avoided. I've said this a million times over the years. If you TRULY despise someone so much, to the point that you cannot read their posts without replying negatively, then place that member on ignore. The idea that the choices are a) fight to the death and ruin threads, or b) someone leaves or gets banned - is a dumb, dumb, dumb idea, and simply is not going to happen.

We're adults here and all capable of controlling ourselves. We can place someone on ignore and simply move forward as things were. Or simply have self control and not reply to people we don't like to interact with. OR, one can go into the steel cage and participate, instead of ruining good threads that other people wish to participate in.

I am telling staff, and now the board, this is how we should and are moving forward:

If petty arguments and such start up in threads, the offending posts will be moved to the cage where those people can finish. They will also be banned from participating in the thread where the fighting started. That's it, it's that simple.

As it is, now I have to run around today to a bunch of threads and clean them up. No way I'm doing this daily. If you hate someone, and want to fight with them, take it to the cage. No one is prohibited from fighting, so long as it is in the proper place. No one is prohibited from good threads, as long as they don't ruin them. No one is told they 'have to' place someone on ignore, so long as they can be adult enough to separate where to fight and where to debate.

jimnyc
01-19-2013, 12:51 PM
I am trying my best to locate offending posts from the past 24hrs, and have moved them thus far to one thread in the steel cage area. PLEASE, if anyone else sees anything, please report offending posts and we will do our best to keep threads clean for everyone else. Sometimes we can't do so if we aren't aware of it. And this applies to going forward... if you're participating in a decent thread, and you see something ruining it, please take a few seconds to report posts and we'll try to keep things clean.

This is NOT an infringement on what people can say, or freedom of speech... But when threads turn into nothing but fights, and don't even mention the topic in members posts, then they need to go to the cage.

Against my better judgment, I am going to open this thread for positive feedback or other ideas we can use to clean things up a tad. If it devolves, offending posts get moved and we lock 'er back up.

red states rule
01-19-2013, 01:13 PM
OK Jim - you have my word all my shots at CH will be made in the cage and not in other posts.

Marcus Aurelius
01-19-2013, 10:09 PM
wow... I must really have missed some stuff before I got here, huh.

tailfins
01-19-2013, 11:35 PM
I say let people play. Sometimes a Jerry Springer effect can be fun to watch. Let's not forget the entertainment value.

ConHog
01-19-2013, 11:50 PM
I say let people play. Sometimes a Jerry Springer effect can be fun to watch. Let's not forget the entertainment value.

I enjoy a good flame fest. What I don't enjoy is when someone won't allow me to separate that from every other thread on the board. Thanks for forcing them to Jim.

gabosaurus
01-20-2013, 12:52 AM
If you don't like someone, or if their very presence sends you into a tizzy, you can always block them. It's a very simple process.

Obviously, there are those who don't enjoy open discourse. They want to make their points and take their shots, but they don't like having shots taken at them.
Bullshit flies both ways. If you don't want BS thrown in your face, don't toss it out.

There are many boards out there where opposing opinions (either conservative or liberal) are not allowed. If you just want to spout off without being refuted, go find one of them.

Drummond
01-20-2013, 01:34 AM
All points seen, with interest, and duly noted.

My only comment is that, for myself, I don't like to place anyone on 'ignore', and I've never done so since joining this forum. It comes across to me as a form of failure to do that.

I know my own mind, I'm confident in my opinions. If someone can come along and prove me wrong, they're entitled to have a crack at it, and if I judge they have a case which outdoes mine, then that's as it should be. As for 'flamethrowing', I'm both capable of responding to it reasonably and properly.

Rules exist for a reason, though, and besides, I see myself as a guest here. More properly, I see us ALL as guests here.

We should behave accordingly.

tailfins
01-20-2013, 12:26 PM
If you don't like someone, or if their very presence sends you into a tizzy, you can always block them. It's a very simple process.

Obviously, there are those who don't enjoy open discourse. They want to make their points and take their shots, but they don't like having shots taken at them.
Bullshit flies both ways. If you don't want BS thrown in your face, don't toss it out.

There are many boards out there where opposing opinions (either conservative or liberal) are not allowed. If you just want to spout off without being refuted, go find one of them.

BS is what makes the flowers grow! And may I say sweetie, that you are a rather well endowed rose bush.

aboutime
01-20-2013, 12:45 PM
I see using the IGNORE feature, much like what OBAMA and Congress are doing to all of the American people.

Out of sight, out of mind????? Ring any bells?

Using the Ignore is nothing but pretending that nobody disagree's, and everything is always ROSY, HAPPY, and Never any trouble.

It's a false sense of security for those who use it...until...they break their own use of IGNORE...and get back into the discussion. Just before they IGNORE again.

It's all child's play. And one of the major reasons Human Beings no longer talk to one-another face to face.

Anonymity and the Internet have destroyed a Culture, and a Society, even to the point of Political Correctness overruling our LAWS.

jimnyc
01-20-2013, 05:17 PM
I have no issue if people choose not to use the ignore button. But if not used, then members need to reel themselves in at times so as not to ruin threads. If the bickering happens, then we remove people from threads.

hjmick
01-20-2013, 05:43 PM
Oh for Christ's sake people, just be civil...

Except when responding to Gabs an Mund...

ConHog
01-20-2013, 05:44 PM
Oh for Christ's sake people, just be civil...

Except when responding to Gabs an Mund...

by all means be mean to Gabs, I enjoy the perks when I Knight for her. :D

tailfins
01-20-2013, 06:11 PM

Do you really think she gives a crap either way? I don't.

ConHog
01-20-2013, 06:14 PM
Do you really think she gives a crap either way? I don't.

About what? That I Knight for her? Yes, she rather enjoys that :D

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-20-2013, 06:17 PM

Enjoying defending a person that posts a lot of garbage then runs away must be a thrill for you.
Myself, I do not see how it can be but imagination is a wonderful thing.
White knighting on a political message board seems quite immature to me but hey to each his own, right?-;)-Tyr

ConHog
01-20-2013, 06:20 PM
Enjoying defending a person that posts a lot of garbage then runs away must be a thrill for you.
Myself, I do not see how it can be but imagination is a wonderful thing.
White knighting on a political message board seems quite immature to me but hey to each his own, right?-;)-Tyr

Get a sense of humor bruh.

Gabby is a great person, who you happen to disagree with politically, so what if I defend her on here.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-20-2013, 06:29 PM
Get a sense of humor bruh.

Gabby is a great person, who you happen to disagree with politically, so what if I defend her on here.

I though I pointed out what but do as you please. No rule against defending improper behavior, outright lying and misrepresentation of other's words that she does so often.
I do not know anything about her except what she posts here. And that I find to be often deceitful, dishonest, silly, gullible and quite often every bit as hate filled as she so often accuses others of being guilty of.
Carry on white knight , no skin off my nose. -Tyr

ConHog
01-20-2013, 10:49 PM
I though I pointed out what but do as you please. No rule against defending improper behavior, outright lying and misrepresentation of other's words that she does so often.
I do not know anything about her except what she posts here. And that I find to be often deceitful, dishonest, silly, gullible and quite often every bit as hate filled as she so often accuses others of being guilty of.
Carry on white knight , no skin off my nose. -Tyr

Thanks for your permission to do as I please.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-20-2013, 11:03 PM

I gave you no permission to do as "you please", as I have no such authority.
However that's always been your problem as far as I can surmise in that you think you have that right.
Had you came back and expressed any humility your reception would not have turned out as it has.
When you quite unprovoked called me a liar , I decided to hell with giving you a chance. I can post the quote and the thread if you deny it. I stated the truth about my past experience in Memphis TN. long ago and you declared me a liar. As if you knew that to be a fact. In fact my post was 100% true but you somehow decided you knew my life story and declared I lied. I do not overlook such arrogance and accusations . And you think you can toss crap out like that and not be called on it.
I called you on it in that thread, you failed to cite your information refuting my story. That's because you had none yet accused me of lying!!
Imagining shat and then declaring it solid fact points to insanity in my opinion. You need professional help. I suggest that you seek it.-Tyr

ConHog
01-20-2013, 11:10 PM
I gave you no permission to do as "you please", as I have no such authority.
However that's always been your problem as far as I can surmise in that you think you have that right.
Had you came back and expressed any humility your reception would not have turned out as it has.
When you quite unprovoked called me a liar , I decided to hell with giving you a chance. I can post the quote and the thread if you deny it. I stated the truth about my past experience in Memphis TN. long ago and you declared me a liar. As if you knew that to be a fact. In fact my post was 100% true but you somehow decided you knew my life story and declared I lied. I do not overlook such arrogance and accusations . And you think you can toss crap out like that and not be called on it.
I called you on it in that thread, you failed to cite your information refuting my story. That's because you had none yet accused me of lying!!
Imagining shat and then declaring it solid fact points to insanity in my opinion. You need professional help. I suggest that you seek it.-Tyr

Tyr, when you post something that is more than 3 sentences long , I generally don't read it. Try using paragraphs.

I get the gist of what you're saying though, and quite frankly you can kiss my ass, you complaining about the humility or lack thereof of another poster is laughable.

That's really all I'm going to say further on the matter. The rest is up to Jim, he's the one that has invited me back, that must mean he wants me on HIS board, you do remember this is HIS board don't you? and as such, he can either enforce the rules that he stated right in this thread that you and others are blatantly ignoring or he can side with those of you who think you have a right to decide who can post what , where, and how and then I will make my decisions accordingly.

Goodnight

Kathianne
01-20-2013, 11:23 PM
Tyr, when you post something that is more than 3 sentences long , I generally don't read it. Try using paragraphs.

I get the gist of what you're saying though, and quite frankly you can kiss my ass, you complaining about the humility or lack thereof of another poster is laughable.

That's really all I'm going to say further on the matter. The rest is up to Jim, he's the one that has invited me back, that must mean he wants me on HIS board, you do remember this is HIS board don't you? and as such, he can either enforce the rules that he stated right in this thread that you and others are blatantly ignoring or he can side with those of you who think you have a right to decide who can post what , where, and how and then I will make my decisions accordingly.

Goodnight

Perhaps reading more into what you wrote than you meant. Are you saying that Jim personally asked you to return? Like you were missed as a presence on the board?

ConHog
01-20-2013, 11:26 PM
Perhaps reading more into what you wrote than you meant. Are you saying that Jim personally asked you to return? Like you were missed as a presence on the board?

All I'm willing to say on that is that at some point I expressed a desire to return, and Jim expressed a desire to have me back. That is obvious by the fact that if both parties hadn't expressed those desires I wouldn't be back.

As for any actual language used in private communications between Jim and myself, that is none of anyone's business but Jim and myself.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-20-2013, 11:28 PM

Goodnight

IMHO you rarely really read other's posts. You came back like a conquering hero and found the welcome lukewarm at best. Then you tripled down on arrogance and got your smartass legs back and going.
That you so boldly declared me a liar about my past life is real proof of that arrogance and your decision to try to bully me. It doesn't work that way Hoss, TRY TO BULLY ME AND I PUSH BACK DOING SO BY POSTING THE TRUTH ABOUT IT ALL.
QUITE APPARENT THAT YOU DON'T READ WELL BECAUSE YOU SPIT OUT THINGS NOT POSTED (BLOW YOUR BRAINS OUT THREAT) THEN LATER ARE FORCED TO ADMIT TO IT AFTER DENYING IT AND OFFERING LAMESASS EXCUSES ABOUT STATING THAT YOU'D KICK ASS ON YOUR OWN KIDS.
Its all there to be read by anybody. I tell no lies and embellish nothing in this matter.
Go right ahead put me on ignore because you can not handle me. Which is to say, you simply can not handle the truth confronting you!-Tyr

Kathianne
01-20-2013, 11:30 PM
All I'm willing to say on that is that at some point I expressed a desire to return, and Jim expressed a desire to have me back. That is obvious by the fact that if both parties hadn't expressed those desires I wouldn't be back.

As for any actual language used in private communications between Jim and myself, that is none of anyone's business but Jim and myself.

Understood. Jim kissed your ass, so you deigned to return, that is what you are implying. Carry on.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-20-2013, 11:31 PM

That's how I took it by the way he worded it. However he has a habit of embellishment for effect as recent events have so clearly shown .. . -Tyr

ConHog
01-20-2013, 11:34 PM
IMHO you rarely really read other's posts. You came back like a conquering hero and found the welcome lukewarm at best. Then you tripled down on arrogance and got your smartass legs back and going.
That you so boldly declared me a liar about my past life is real proof of that arrogance and your decision to try to bully me. It doesn't work that way Hoss, TRY TO BULLY ME AND I PUSH BACK DOING SO BY POSTING THE TRUTH ABOUT IT ALL.
QUITE APPARENT THAT YOU DON'T READ WELL BECAUSE YOU SPIT OUT THINGS NOT POSTED (BLOW YOUR BRAINS OUT THREAT) THEN LATER ARE FORCED TO ADMIT TO IT AFTER DENYING IT AND OFFERING LAMESASS EXCUSES ABOUT STATING THAT YOU'D KICK ASS ON YOUR OWN KIDS.
Its all there to be read by anybody. I tell no lies and embellish nothing in this matter.
Go right ahead put me on ignore because you can not handle me. Which is to say, you simply can not handle the truth confronting you!-Tyr

The next honest thing you post will be the first. I have Guiness book on stand by just in case it happens.

Act like I started all the bullshit, I came back and started a ConHog is back thread and was immediately inundated with hostile posts, threats, and other assorted comments. But as per usual Tyr and his little buddies feign innocence and blame the mean old Hog.

I'm going to insert two blanks here

Blank A ______________ is for the number of names posters have called ConHog since his return

Blank B ______________ is for the number of names ConHog has called others since his return.

go ahead and count them up and see who started what. I in fact Tyr was very civil to you, and even commented to Jim that you were being civil to me at one point, but then you returned to form.

Sir you ask me to exhibit a behavior that is 100% the opposite of the way I am treated. No man would honor would honor that request.

Let me know when you have those numbers added up, I will post them in the post, by YOUR count.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-20-2013, 11:35 PM

^^Already changing the tone and implications from the original post.
You sho' work fast when accosted on your statements..-;)

ConHog
01-20-2013, 11:37 PM
Understood. Jim kissed your ass, so you deigned to return, that is what you are implying. Carry on.

Ummm what? So now you to are being dishonest? I never implied nor said that Jim kissed my ass LOL. In fact I'll go on record as emphatically stating that there was NO ass kissing involved on either side. Two MEN had a conversation and ironed up differences and expressed a mutual desire to get me back as a contributing member here. Nothing more, nothing less; and I resent the hell out of you trying to make it seem like I said something different in some effort to piss Jim off at me.

Kathianne
01-20-2013, 11:38 PM
The next honest thing you post will be the first. I have Guiness book on stand by just in case it happens.

Act like I started all the bullshit, I came back and started a ConHog is back thread and was immediately inundated with hostile posts, threats, and other assorted comments. But as per usual Tyr and his little buddies feign innocence and blame the mean old Hog.

Blank A ______________ is for the number of names posters have called ConHog since his return

Blank B ______________ is for the number of names ConHog has called others since his return.

go ahead and count them up and see who started what. I in fact Tyr was very civil to you, and even commented to Jim that you were being civil to me at one point, but then you returned to form.

Sir you ask me to exhibit a behavior that is 100% the opposite of the way I am treated. No man would honor would honor that request.

Let me know when you have those numbers added up, I will post them in the post, by YOUR count.

Going the Sky route, always the victim.

ConHog
01-20-2013, 11:40 PM
Going the Sky route, always the victim.

you know what, forget this bullshit. Jim . Your children won the day. I'm out

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-20-2013, 11:43 PM

Sure dude, calling me a liar about my experience I spoke of in Memphis long ago was you being so civil. You are right I was civil until you called me a liar about my telling the truth. Acted as if you somehow knew ! Simply amazing arrogance but of course you do not see it that way. You wouldn't. So pray tell why I'm a liar about that and how you know?? YOU CAN NOT BECAUSE IT WAS TRUE..
NOW YOU SPIT OUT THAT OTHERS WERE MEAN TO YOU WHEN THEY SIMPLY CALLED YOU ON YOUR BULLSHIT!
WHAT ARE YOU , TEN -TWELVE YEARS OLD!???
You are the one that return to form and dude I wasn't the first one to notice nor the first one to call you on it. Others beat me to it and I held back until you unprovoked called me a liar!--Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?2275-Tyr-Ziu-Saxnot)
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/statusicon/user-online.pngExecute all the traitors!http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/reputation/reputation_pos.png http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/reputation/reputation_pos.png http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/reputation/reputation_pos.png http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/reputation/reputation_pos.png http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/reputation/reputation_pos.png http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.png http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.png http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.png http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.png http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.png http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.png

<dl class="userstats" style="margin-right: 10px; margin-left: 0px; float: right; width: 150px;"><dt style="margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left;">Join Date</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">May 2012</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left;">Location</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">USA, Southern</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left;">Posts</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">4,904</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left;">Thanks</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">9,740</dd><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; display: inline; white-space: nowrap; float: left;">Thanked 3,562 Times in 2,427 Posts</dd></dl><dl class="user_rep" style="margin-right: 10px; margin-left: 0px; float: right; width: 150px;"><dt style="margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left;">Rep Power</dt><dd id="reppower_608532_2275" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">584221</dd></dl>

http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/icons/icon1.png

http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by ConHog http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=608463#post608463)
No you didn't and no you don't , but I'll drop it.

I see that your amazing insights are still intact and your crystal ball has shown you my entire life too.
Amazing that you have the knowledge to be able to tell me what the hell I did and didnt do!
That's right you have no such knowledge yet chose to call me a liar anyways.
Yea, call me a liar then declare to drop it. Arrogance has you firmly in its grip and nothing will change that.
Cite your justification for declaring I didnt do what I stated... or dont by admitting you shot out a slash with no validity other]
than your own rather vivid imagination. -Tyr

Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; Yesterday at 04:30 PM.

Honor and courage, far more valuable than rubies and gold!

http://www.debatepolicy.com/clear.gifReply With Quote (http://www.debatepolicy.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=608532) http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/multiquote_40b.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=608532)

The Following User Says Thank You to Tyr-Ziu Saxnot For This Useful Post:

Nukeman (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=112) (Yesterday)

Kathianne
01-20-2013, 11:57 PM
Ummm what? So now you to are being dishonest? I never implied nor said that Jim kissed my ass LOL. In fact I'll go on record as emphatically stating that there was NO ass kissing involved on either side. Two MEN had a conversation and ironed up differences and expressed a mutual desire to get me back as a contributing member here. Nothing more, nothing less; and I resent the hell out of you trying to make it seem like I said something different in some effort to piss Jim off at me.

Is this supposed to be related to the repeal of the 19th amendment? Last I heard I've not vote in what goes down here. I do have my say, thanks to Jim. I'm just trying to understand your posts, asking for clarification from what you write. So you are saying that Jim wanted to find a 'way' to get you back here?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-21-2013, 12:08 AM

Slain and ran away by an unfair "no paragraph poster" and his cadre of unfair fellow debaters..
We are not Jim's children. He at least gives us respect for our abilities and does not falsely accuse us of conspiracies as you have..
If you are out then don't let tha' door hit ya where the good lord split ya. :laugh:
See ya tomorrow, people like you never keep their word!!--Tyr

Kathianne
01-21-2013, 12:22 AM

Ask a few questions, find a meltdown. No name calling and no chance for CH to claim I was abusing 'staff'' abilities. Nope. Just asking for clarification.

red states rule
01-21-2013, 03:49 AM

Damn, and here I did not think anything could put a smile on my face the day Obama in publicly sworn in for his second term. I do hope this is not a Bret Favre type retirement and a permanent one

red states rule
01-21-2013, 03:52 AM
Ask a few questions, find a meltdown. No name calling and no chance for CH to claim I was abusing 'staff'' abilities. Nope. Just asking for clarification.

Well his wife just had a baby (or so CH said) if true CH can teach the child how to throw a temper tantrum, blame others for what happens, and storm out of the room in a tizzy

PostmodernProphet
01-21-2013, 08:26 AM
As I'm sure you are aware, Conhog is back and posting with us. This was MY decision. I've done it MANY times over the years, and I'll do it again for further members down the road. If second and third chances weren't allowed, barring terrible actions, then I would have been forbidden from this board myself, a LONG time ago!

what is it they say about repeating an action and expecting different results?......

red states rule
01-21-2013, 10:52 AM
what is it they say about repeating an action and expecting different results?......

It looks as if Jim will not have to do anything as CH may have banned himself

tailfins
01-21-2013, 11:30 AM

You're asking the wrong person. You ask me. And when I say kneel, you kneel! Got it?

Well his wife just had a baby (or so CH said) if true CH can teach the child how to throw a temper tantrum, blame others for what happens, and storm out of the room in a tizzy

In other words, the toddler is the teacher and CornDog is the student.

Out like a Windsong.

jimnyc
01-21-2013, 12:14 PM
I am really disappointed. Re-read my first few posts and then watch how this entire thread played out. Not a single one wants to use the ignore feature, but gladly gets involved in non-stop bickering and finger pointing. I ask to keep things in the cage, but not only doesn't that happen, but the bickering happens in the very announcement thread where I make my pleading. Is this what will happen if other opposing opinions come here and piss off a bunch of people? How is the board ever supposed to keep growing, and have different voices?

Abbey Marie
01-21-2013, 01:07 PM
I am really disappointed. Re-read my first few posts and then watch how this entire thread played out. Not a single one wants to use the ignore feature, but gladly gets involved in non-stop bickering and finger pointing. I ask to keep things in the cage, but not only doesn't that happen, but the bickering happens in the very announcement thread where I make my pleading. Is this what will happen if other opposing opinions come here and piss off a bunch of people? How is the board ever supposed to keep growing, and have different voices?

I hadn't seen this many pile-ons since watching a rugby match.

jimnyc
01-21-2013, 01:15 PM
I hadn't seen this many pile-ons since watching a rugby match.

I will say this to you, and publicly here of course. If the "pile ons", or bickering in good threads continues - thread ban the offenders. Of course we allow some arguing and jabbing when on topic - but if it's solely about fighting, toss it aside. Move the crap to the cage and they are done in that particular thread.

I've tried working with everyone, to make things happen with little to no involvement from staff, but it's obvious that's not going to work.

jimnyc
01-22-2013, 02:23 PM
Although there have been quite a few over the years crying 'bias' and the 'nazi' crap, the boards I have owned have lacked heavy handed moderation, if anything. It's been a weakness of mine. I want everyone to stay and tend to try and fix things with discussion. Yes, I have let banned users back on my sites many, many times. What can I say, I believe in second chances, and sometimes more than that. It's nothing more than someone typing words on a screen, nothing irreversible. These are my weak points. I make no apologies for them. I'd rather be kinder at times, and understanding, and forgiving, and to lose - as opposed to whatever the opposite is. Sometimes I succeed and sometimes I fail. Then I make changes and move forward.

I'm in this with everyone else though, I'm just another member, one who just happens to have more controls of the software. The same goes for the other staff members. Of course we all know that at times we have to clean things up, or intervene in fall outs. It's no fun for me coming here when I have to spend 90% of the time intervening in endless fights.

There's got to be a point in a feud where members become responsible for their own actions. The entire community, and myself admittedly, shouldn't be responsible for intervening in the crap, or having to have our threads ruined by it. I have asked a million times for people to use the ignore feature on members that make them so angry. In 9 years, I don't think a single member has ever done so. Whatever, I don't care for the reasons. But if someone simply can't place the other member on ignore, then they should have enough respect for myself and the community to try and keep good threads good, and take their feuds with other members to the steel cage forum.

And that led us more or less to this thread. And damned if the thread itself didn't go into the shitter. And then fighting in threads continued. I asked again, and it continued again. Then I do as I stated, which I honestly hoped I wouldn't have to. I moved a few threads, but no bans. People get pissed at me, the fighting continues in the cage - and then again in all the other threads. Now yesterday I start picking off feuds and moving them here AND I banned those that are ruining the threads from participating there again. Needless to say, it didn't go over very well. Did I ask too much? Damn people, what's so bad about having a forum, where you can feud to your hearts content, without moderation, to an extent of course? Why is it that it MUST be in the good political threads? That's really what it boils down to - where the insulted is posted. Post it in the cage, no one intervenes. Post it in a good thread, it gets moved to the cage anyway, and now you can't go back to the good thread. Sorry, that's quite generous, I think. Everyone gets what they want. But that's not good enough either. I'm convinced it would go forever unless someone got the other banned, or somehow got the other to leave permanently. But it's not fair to continually poke at me to ban other members or intervene in feuds where both are guilty as charged.

I plan on staying the course. You start trouble in a thread, it goes to the cage, and you are removed from the good thread.

Is this censoring? Nope, because regardless of where you post your hatred, you will be allowed to continue in that thread. But the option of where to post it remains yours. If you CHOOSE to do so in a good thread, it gets moved and you get removed from participation in the good thread, but can continue the fighting in your thread in the cage. If you CHOOSE to bring the crap to the cage - you can continue that crap in the thread without intervention AND continue in the good threads.

Will it "always" be like this? Nope. We all know what the "endless feuds" are. I don't mind some good jabs and good flames here and there - but there's a HUGE difference to that - and members continuing feuds that infect thread after thread. I have no desire to check out every thread, every day, I assure you. So once this latest uprising simmers down, then I back off.

jimnyc
01-23-2013, 01:28 PM
You ALL have the ignore option. You ALL have the option to read a post and move on. You ALL have the option of being above the non-stop baby games. As I moved posts and thread banned users, things cleaned up a little bit. But please don't think I am naive, or blind. Don't think the flaming can be dressed up and passed off as a good post, we all still see the crap going on. The endless reported posts. The endless whining and bickering. I can barely post myself as when I have a little time to come here, I have to spend it moving posts, responding to complaints and such.

You guys simply aren't going to fight forever, and then toss it into my hand to make decisions. You either fight or you don't. My only decision is to move posts or not, or to invoke bans or not. I don't want to hear complaints when threads or posts get moved. No complaints over thread bans. I don't want any complaints at all. If some choose the perpetual fighting, then know ahead of time it ends up in the cage, and you get removed from where you are ruining threads.

I know I sound like a broken record, because I'm trying as hard as I can to do these things without too much moderation - but some of you are forcing my hand on this. I'm not going to take sides, I'm just going to keep moving and banning. So what's the point? Save yourselves a lot of aggravation and just start your crap in the cage and leave it there. Then when you go to the regular threads, simply don't fight. Think about it. It's not rocket science, and you still get what you want.