PDA

View Full Version : 'Obama Can Only Cement His Legacy If He Destroys the GOP

red states rule
01-19-2013, 12:52 PM
That is what the "political director" at CBS John Dickerson wrote, I always wondered any NEWS network needed a "political director"
The challenge for President Obama’s speech is the challenge of his second term: how to be great when the environment stinks. Enhancing the president’s legacy requires something more than simply the clever application of predictable stratagems. Washington’s partisan rancor, the size of the problems facing government, and the limited amount of time before Obama is a lame duck all point to a single conclusion: The president who came into office speaking in lofty terms about bipartisanship and cooperation can only cement his legacy if he destroys the GOP. If he wants to transform American politics, he must go for the throat.
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2013/01/barack_obama_s_second_inaugural_address_the_presid ent_should_declare_war.single.html

tailfins
01-19-2013, 02:18 PM
That is what the "political director" at CBS John Dickerson wrote, I always wondered any NEWS network needed a "political director"

Just like Paul Martin destroyed the Progressive Conservative Party in Canada.

red states rule
01-19-2013, 02:20 PM
Just like Paul Martin destroyed the Progressive Conservative Party in Canada.

It has gotten to the point where the liberal media no longer tires to hide their bias. Just like pro wrestling does not try to hide how they fake it

tailfins
01-19-2013, 02:25 PM
It has gotten to the point where the liberal media no longer tires to hide their bias. Just like pro wrestling does not try to hide how they fake it

You do understand the gist of my post don't you? Paul Martin became arrogant enough to become wildly unpopular, leading to a merger of the Reform Party of Canada and the Progressive Conservative Party, dispatching lefties like Jean Charest from the Progressive Conservative Party and dropping the word Progressive.

The Progressive Conservatives at one point were down to TWO seats out of 308 in the House of Commons with one of those two being the lefty Jean Charest.

red states rule
01-19-2013, 02:34 PM
You do understand the gist of my post don't you? Paul Martin became arrogant enough to become wildly unpopular, leading to a merger of the Reform Party of Canada and the Progressive Conservative Party, dispatching lefties like Jean Charest from the Progressive Conservative Party and dropping the word Progressive.

The Progressive Conservatives at one point were down to TWO seats out of 308 in the House of Commons with one of those two being the lefty Jean Charest.
Oh indeed I did. My comment was directed at those who still publicly state there is no bias towards libs in the media. One of my friends actually says the media for the most part is down the middle and objective (Except for Fox News of course)

red states rule
01-21-2013, 11:55 AM
CBS News Political Director: With Republicans ‘Only Aggression Will Get Deals Made'

<iframe width="520" height="293" title="MRC TV video player" src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/119517" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

red states rule
01-22-2013, 08:36 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/bg012113dAPR20130121054520.jpg