PDA

View Full Version : 2nd amendment wasn't about the right to bear arms

jimnyc
01-19-2013, 04:23 PM
It was to ensure slavery continued. At least that's what Danny Glover says...

The Constitution's Second Amendment was created to bolster slavery and capture land from Native Americans, award winning actor Danny Glover told a group of students at a Texas A&M sponsored event on Thursday.

“I don’t know if you know the genesis of the right to bear arms,” he said. “The Second Amendment comes from the right to protect themselves from slave revolts, and from uprisings by Native Americans.”

“A revolt from people who were stolen from their land or revolt from people whose land was stolen from, that’s what the genesis of the second amendment is,” he continued.

Glover, best known for roles in the “Lethal Weapon” franchise and “Angels in the Outfield,” was addressing students at an event being held in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Director of Texas A&M’s Memorial Student Center, Luke Altendorf, told Campus Reform on Friday that the university was unaware of Glover’ talking points prior to his speech.

“I had no idea, we really didn’t know that topic was coming up,” he told Campus Reform. “Someone was asking a question about activism, I think that’s where some of that came from.”

Altendorf declined to say if, or how much the school had paid for Glover’s speech, but said student fees were not used.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zxGhG_F0kj8" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

http://www.campusreform.org/blog/?ID=4582

aboutime
01-19-2013, 04:35 PM
Poor Danny is just exposing his dementia, and how Alzheimers attacks so quickly. He used to be a good actor until somebody told him he first needed to GO TO SCHOOL, and not just pre-school nap sessions.

Robert A Whit
01-19-2013, 04:46 PM
Glover must not realize that the issue of slavery in the constitutional convention was a very brief part of the debates.

Maybe his ego got away on him.

Had he said that the USA flag flew high over slavery, that I would agree with.

Had he said that in Africa, blacks were captured by blacks, bought and sold for thousands of years, that I would also agree with.

Little-Acorn
01-19-2013, 04:58 PM

No more than usual.

ConHog
01-19-2013, 06:04 PM
It was to ensure slavery continued. At least that's what Danny Glover says...

http://www.campusreform.org/blog/?ID=4582

I don't care to see politicians in movies and don't care about the political opinions of actors.

Bunch of idiots in Hollywood, who cares what they think. Oh wait, bunch of idiots in DC to, so I guess maybe they could be lumped together after all.

jimnyc
01-19-2013, 06:16 PM
I don't care to see politicians in movies and don't care about the political opinions of actors.

Bunch of idiots in Hollywood, who cares what they think. Oh wait, bunch of idiots in DC to, so I guess maybe they could be lumped together after all.

'Cept for Ted Nugent and Clint Eastwood :poke:

ConHog
01-19-2013, 06:18 PM
'Cept for Ted Nugent and Clint Eastwood :poke:

oh yes, praise be thee whom thy agree with LOL

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-19-2013, 07:36 PM
Glover must not realize that the issue of slavery in the constitutional convention was a very brief part of the debates.

Had he said that the USA flag flew high over slavery, that I would agree with.

Had he said that in Africa, blacks were captured by blacks, bought and sold for thousands of years, that I would also agree with.

Amazing that he left out the Arabs, THEY captured bought and sold slaves there for centuries. Guess ole Danny boy didnt want to piss off the Arab muslims. Me, I couldnt care less how piss they get, the truth is the truth. F-them.. -Tyr

aboutime
01-19-2013, 09:06 PM
Amazing that he left out the Arabs, THEY captured bought and sold slaves there for centuries. Guess ole Danny boy didnt want to piss off the Arab muslims. Me, I couldnt care less how piss they get, the truth is the truth. F-them.. -Tyr

If Danny really was as smart as he'd like us all to believe. He never would have supported Obama, since Obama is in the process of creating millions of SLAVES to government. Making them fully dependent upon somebody else's wealth, and telling them NOT to succeed because succeeding, or becoming wealthy never gets you ALL OF THE GOVT. FREEBIES!