PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Watching the Obama Inauguration?

red states rule
01-21-2013, 07:55 AM
The crowd in strolling into the Mall right now and the crowd is expected to a lot smaller than it was in 2008. So will you be watching the festivities and sit through Obama's speech? Or will you check out another cable network like the History channel?

CSM
01-21-2013, 08:40 AM
The crowd in strolling into the Mall right now and the crowd is expected to a lot smaller than it was in 2008. So will you be watching the festivities and sit through Obama's speech? Or will you check out another cable network like the History channel?

I'll be watching the Sci Fi channel. More truth there than what you'll see watching the inauguration and the monsters are not as scarey.

red states rule
01-21-2013, 08:43 AM
I'll be watching the Sci Fi channel. More truth there than what you'll see watching the inauguration and the monsters are not as scarey.

I have a dentist appointment and have a cavity filled. Less painful then watching the dog and pony show on TV today - and the endless Obamagasams the liberal media will having live on the air. The dentist has a TV mounted on the wall and I will ask to have the channel changed if I need to

red states rule
01-21-2013, 10:50 AM
I suspect this NBC reporter is giving Obama a suggestion on how he should govern the nation during his second term

<iframe width="500" height="281" title="MRC TV video player" src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/119515" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/01/21/richard-engel-chinese-authoritarianism-appeals-more-developing-world#ixzz2IgVk8Lq1

Abbey Marie
01-21-2013, 11:07 AM

Were I to watch, I would need a strong anti-emetic.

No, I won't be turning on the TV today. Maybe I'll watch Overboard or Office Space, for some comic relief.

red states rule
01-21-2013, 11:11 AM
Were I to watch, I would need a strong anti-emetic.

No, I won't be turning on the TV today. Maybe I'll watch Overboard or Office Space, for some comic relief.

Abbey, I wonder if these Obama supports will trash the Mall like they did in 2009? I believe 100 tons of garbage was left behind http://underthehill.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/obamatrash2.jpg?w=780

Abbey Marie
01-21-2013, 11:21 AM
Abbey, I wonder if these Obama supports will trash the Mall like they did in 2009? I believe 100 tons of garbage was left behind http://underthehill.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/obamatrash2.jpg?w=780

Are they handing out free condoms? After all, it is a Dem get together.

tailfins
01-21-2013, 11:24 AM
No, no and no. I couldn't even watch the Weather Channel this morning without Stephanie Abrams acting all breathless and about to pass out like schoolgirl at a boy band concert. I'm tired of watching people hum yum yum yum while the nation is being served a crap sandwich.

red states rule
01-21-2013, 11:25 AM
Are they handing out free condoms? After all, it is a Dem get together.

Na, Obama is screwing the entire nation - and them - so why bother giving them any?

red states rule
01-21-2013, 11:47 AM
Chalk up one Obamagasm for this ABC "reporter"
Four years ago, ABC journalist Bill Weir swooned that "national pride" made the cold of Inauguration Day seem warmer and that even the seagulls were "awed." On Monday, the reporter was at it again, hyping "history" is "keeping warm." On [I]Good Morning America, the morning show crew gushed over every detail.
News reader Josh Elliott referred to the First Lady's new haircut as the "bangs that thrilled the nation...[Obama's] dear wife and the hair."Later, during live coverage, Weir talked to a 16-year-old in pajamas, visiting Washington for the inauguration. History is keeping you warm, huh," enthused the journalist. World News anchor Diane Sawyer liked the line so much she repeated it later: "And I heard you say earlier, Bill, people are counting on history to keep them warm."
On January 20, 2009 (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2009/01/20/abc-national-pride-made-cold-feel-warmer-while-seagulls-awed), Weir could barely restrain his excitement over the incoming Democratic administration:
http://newsbusters.org/sites/default/files/2012/2009-01-20-ABC-WNCG-Weir.jpgWe know that wind can make a cold day feel colder, but can national pride make a freezing day feel warmer? It seems to be the case because regardless of the final crowd number estimates, never have so many people shivered so long with such joy. From above, even the seagulls must have been awed by the blanket of humanity...

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2013/01/21/bill-weir-who-swooned-seagulls-were-awed-obama-now-sees-history-keep#ixzz2Igk7aRHi

red states rule
01-21-2013, 12:02 PM
The stupidity of Moureen Dowd was on full display this morning on the set of DNCTV

<iframe width="590" height="332" title="MRC TV video player" src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/119516" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/geoffrey-dickens/2013/01/21/morning-joe-why-cant-obama-use-his-super-brain-make-washington-wor#ixzz2IgnjZpTN

gabosaurus
01-21-2013, 12:51 PM
I don't watch boring political crap. I would rather listen to music.

red states rule
01-21-2013, 12:55 PM
I don't watch boring political crap. I would rather listen to music.

Something like this Gabby?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKsoXHYICqU

MtnBiker
01-21-2013, 02:16 PM
I was going to watch the inauguration, however there was a slightly better option. Rosie ODonnell was doing a demostration on farting through a walkie talkie while eating chili without a spoon.

jimnyc
01-21-2013, 02:19 PM
I was going to watch the inauguration, however there was a slightly better option. Rosie ODonnell was doing a demostration on farting through a walkie talkie while eating chili without a spoon.

I had a visual, and I hope it goes away soon or I will use the spoon to gouge my own eyes out!

MtnBiker
01-21-2013, 02:22 PM
I had a visual, and I hope it goes away soon or I will use the spoon to gouge my own eyes out!

Oh, that's only half of it. That guy Racheal Maddow was on the other walkie talkie, doing lord knows what from all of the excitement.

aboutime
01-21-2013, 04:22 PM
Today, while avoiding the Massive OBAMA coverage on just about every channel. I did find it quiet emotional as my Blood Pressure seemed to climb while trying to find an alternative...and rewarding for my Intestinal, Colon, and digestive system when I mistakenly saw Obama....and I instantly felt cleansed following a short, but very effective visit to the room where our THRONE is located.

And, to anyone who is insulted, offended, or bothered with that description. Good. The TRUTH is effective in creating Healthy Cleaning.

Kathianne
01-21-2013, 04:25 PM
This is one of those days I'm glad not to have access to television in any form. The man makes me ill.

aboutime
01-21-2013, 04:30 PM
This is one of those days I'm glad not to have access to television in any form. The man makes me ill.

Kathianne. I agree. But I have discovered that "ILL" feeling you felt. Was just what the Doctor ordered as a laxative.

red states rule
01-22-2013, 07:03 AM
While Obama's domination of all network and cable covergae has ended - the Obama love fest has not. From the Washington Post where R's are blamed for blamed for the bad relations in DC. Yet 8 years ago is was all - surprise - Bush's fault

snip

At the very least, Balz noted, Obama "now appears to be operating with a clear sense of the coalition that has elected him twice, of who is behind him and who is not and may never be," going on to add that (emphases mine):

His first four years showed that there are parts of Red America he can never win over. If his gun-control measures alienate some parts of the country and some voters, they are likely to be popular with the majority coalition that has carried the past two presidential elections for the Democrats.
[...]
He believes that he has public opinion on his side in some of these new fights and intends to try to use it as leverage to pressure Republicans. He has turned to campaign-style events in recent weeks to push his agenda. He has vowed to spend more time outside of Washington rallying the public.
For Balz, the issue for Obama is how to assert his agenda and push it through Congress, particularly through a House held by conservative Republicans, while building on public opinion and perhaps peeling off the requisite number of Republican defectors to pass his policies. At no point is the president nor Senate Democrats held to blame for the partisanship in Washington.

But eight years ago, as President Bush took office, Balz had a far different tone in his January 20, 2005 front page piece, "Looking to Apply Lessons Learned," which focused on areas in which President Bush was supposed to grow in office in his next term by reaching out to Democrats whom he and his congressional allies defeated in the 2012 general election (emphases mine):

President Bush is a politician with large ambitions and few doubts, someone not easily given to mea culpas. But in the run-up to today's inauguration, he has at least hinted at some of the lessons learned in office. From his relations with Democrats in Congress to his approach to the rest of the world, Bush has suggested he will try to strike a different tone -- without abandoning principles or policies.

Balancing those objectives could be one of the biggest challenges in a second term already facing difficult problems. His agenda includes turning Iraq into a success story, repairing relations with other nations, tackling the restructuring of Social Security and the tax code, and revising immigration policy. The question is whether he can aggressively pursue that agenda and still achieve a more accommodating climate here and abroad.
[...]
Washington, "is tough," he said. "It's different from Austin. . . . I'm mindful of my rhetoric when it comes to the Democrats. I've really checked back." Bush paused to acknowledge he had not checked his rhetoric during the campaign, calling it a matter of political survival. He continued: "I think all of us, all of us, have got to work to set the right kind of tone. I will continue to do so."

Bush's Democratic critics will dismiss those statements as cosmetic at best, disingenuous at worst. They say it was Bush who did not make good on his 2000 campaign pledge to change the tone in Washington with polarizing policies and scorched-earth campaigns. No amount of soothing rhetoric, they argue, can overcome an ideologically driven agenda at home or unilateralist impulses abroad.
[...]

There is deep suspicion on both sides of the relationship, with White House officials saying they have consistently tried to avoid inflammatory rhetoric without getting any credit from Democrats, who say the administration remains so ideologically driven that it diminishes any chance of real cooperation.

Sen. Ben Nelson (D-Neb.), who broke ranks with many in his party to support all three of Bush's tax cuts, said Bush must be more flexible. "If he is able to reach out to Democrats in the development of policy rather than having his staff present it as a take-it-or-leave-it basis, it would foster more support," he said. "Last term it seemed like a lot of the time his policy people would work with me and his political people would work on me."

A White House official said Bush would try to encourage cooperation. Asked how, he replied: "You say there's a seat at the table if you want to help write the bill."
Neither side thinks the relationship can be repaired easily, but there are signs that Bush may try to start anew with some Democrats. During his first term, he had a strained relationship with the Congressional Black Caucus. Bush met with the caucus in his first two weeks as president, but the relationship deteriorated quickly.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/ken-shepherd/2013/01/21/washposts-balz-downplays-presidents-ability-unite-country-2005-blamed-#ixzz2IhmABgfx

red states rule
01-24-2013, 06:22 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/payn_c10664220130124120100.jpg