PDA

View Full Version : Making Debate Policy a success

tailfins
01-21-2013, 12:27 PM
I'm going to serious up just this once for a good cause: This message board. Annoying people is fun. Saying the most outrageous thing you can think of to those with the moxie to play along is fun. However, if we make the board unsafe for work or cause inappropriate content filters to kick in we are doing real damage. My question is this: How can we monkeys throw our turds without causing real damage?

http://www.solartaxi.com/media/uploads/media2/thailand/thumb_th-4-monkeys3425.jpg

jimnyc
01-21-2013, 12:34 PM
My question is this: How can we monkeys throw our turds without causing real damage?

1- Use the ignore feature
2- Have self control and not reply to those poking you
3- If one MUST, take it to the cage and get it out of your system

That is the ONLY way to do so, without staff being heavy handed and using banning features. And then when people get disciplined, they complain more, maybe leave, or get even worse.

Oh, and did I mention that no one really listens to me when I point out the first 3, in one ear and out the other?

jimnyc
01-21-2013, 12:35 PM
http://www.solartaxi.com/media/uploads/media2/thailand/thumb_th-4-monkeys3425.jpg

Btw, love these little bastards! They look like they can create a little mischief!

gabosaurus
01-21-2013, 12:42 PM
Tailfins is that your wedding picture? :cheers2:

tailfins
01-21-2013, 12:43 PM

That is the ONLY way to do so, without staff being heavy handed and using banning features. And then when people get disciplined, they complain more, maybe leave, or get even worse.

Oh, and did I mention that no one really listens to me when I point out the first 3, in one ear and out the other?

I will listen if you make a good business case. Otherwise it's SOOOO much fun making people so angry that they start to drool. And yeah, that means starting it too!

tailfins
01-21-2013, 12:45 PM
Tailfins is that your wedding picture? :cheers2:

No, those are Asian monkeys. We are an Amazon species.

fj1200
01-21-2013, 02:45 PM

4- don't fling it from one thread over into another thread.

jimnyc
01-21-2013, 03:32 PM

Once an "enemy" is made, it travels to the threads of both participants like a disease from a zombie movie.

Abbey Marie
01-21-2013, 04:51 PM

Nice association with the whole monkey theme. :laugh2:

aboutime
01-21-2013, 05:13 PM
Btw, love these little bastards! They look like they can create a little mischief!

Gabby. Which one of those two is YOU? http://www.solartaxi.com/media/uploads/media2/thailand/thumb_th-4-monkeys3425.jpgAnd what is your sister's name?

logroller
01-21-2013, 05:32 PM
Gabby. Which one of those two is YOU? http://www.solartaxi.com/media/uploads/media2/thailand/thumb_th-4-monkeys3425.jpgAnd what is your sister's name?
seriously, if you'd bothered to read the original post you'd find that you have placed yourself in that picture flinging poo.

tailfins
01-21-2013, 05:34 PM
seriously, if you'd bothered to read the original post you'd find that you have placed yourself in that picture flinging poo.

Thank him for having the courage to own it.

aboutime
01-21-2013, 05:46 PM

logroller. How much do you weigh? If what you said was true. I would be so proud of being able to FLING you anywhere!

fj1200
01-21-2013, 09:33 PM
Once an "enemy" is made, it travels to the threads of both participants like a disease from a zombie movie.

Who makes anonymous enemies? Craziness.

Nice association with the whole monkey theme. :laugh2:

I'm glad someone caught that. :cool:

ConHog
01-21-2013, 09:36 PM
Who makes anonymous enemies? Craziness.

I'm glad someone caught that. :cool:

People who need boogie men to blame for the ills of their own life rather than facing the reality that each man carves out his own happiness.