PDA

View Full Version : Obama 2nd Inaugural Akin to Gettysburg Address .

red states rule
01-22-2013, 07:55 AM
So says Chris Matthews. The man would drink Obama's bath water

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdD4UKAb-B4&feature=player_embedded

Voted4Reagan
01-22-2013, 08:27 AM
uggggghh.... so now Obama is being compared to Lincoln?

Matthews really needs help.... this is nuts....

red states rule
01-22-2013, 08:30 AM
Eh, the liberal media has also comapred Obama to FDR

http://img.timeinc.net/time/magazine/archive/covers/2008/1101081124_400.jpg

KarlMarx
01-22-2013, 09:29 AM
Eh, the liberal media has also comapred Obama to FDR

http://img.timeinc.net/time/magazine/archive/covers/2008/1101081124_400.jpg

He is like FDR...

FDR greatly expanded government
FDR greatly increased taxes
FDR's policies were not meant to recover from a bad economy but to reform the country
FDR did not get us out of the Great Depression (Hitler, Hirohito, and Mussolini did, although not intentionally) and this one's policies aren't going to get us out of the Great Recession
FDR was physically lame, and this one is just plain old lame
FDR's head was stuck on a dime, this one's head is stuck up his colon
FDR blew smoke in the air, this one blows smoke up our butts

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-22-2013, 10:29 AM
uggggghh.... so now Obama is being compared to Lincoln?

Matthews really needs help.... this is nuts....

TINGLE LEG BOY IS NUTS AND A CERTIFIED DUMBASS TOO.
With his homo-erotic fantasies about bamboy.. Smitten like a love struck child.. Truly pathetic .. -Tyr

tailfins
01-22-2013, 10:31 AM
A better historical comparison would be Jimmy Carter's malaise speech.

red states rule
01-22-2013, 10:47 AM
http://motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0904/if-you-smell-politics-democrats-obama-president-funny-true-m-demotivational-poster-1241151697.jpg

KarlMarx
01-22-2013, 11:10 AM
Obama is like Lincoln

just like

Chris Matthews is like Edward R Murrow

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-22-2013, 11:15 AM
Obama is like Lincoln

just like

Chris Matthews is like Edward R Murrow

Just like Lincoln, all the way, man we can only wish..:laugh:--Tyr

red states rule
01-22-2013, 11:44 AM

I hope Obama never goes to Ford's Theater. God help us if we get stuck with Pres Biden

Voted4Reagan
01-22-2013, 11:56 AM

Tyr... think about it... think real close....

Do you want him to end up like Lincoln?

or

Do you want him to end up like Andrew Johnson?

ConHog
01-22-2013, 11:57 AM

what an absolutely disgusting comment.

Voted4Reagan
01-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Today, 11:57 AM <input class="postimod" id="post_imod_checkbox_609416" type="checkbox">
ConHog (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?2163-ConHog)
I'm in YOUR head

<label> This message is hidden because ConHog is on your ignore list (http://www.debatepolicy.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist). </label>

(http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?38838-Obama-2nd-Inaugural-Akin-to-Gettysburg-Address&p=609416#post609416)

ConHog
01-22-2013, 12:19 PM
Today, 11:57 AM <input class="postimod" id="post_imod_checkbox_609416" type="checkbox">
ConHog (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?2163-ConHog)
I'm in YOUR head

<label> This message is hidden because ConHog is on your ignore list (http://www.debatepolicy.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist). </label>

(http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?38838-Obama-2nd-Inaugural-Akin-to-Gettysburg-Address&p=609416#post609416)

Irrelevant to the thread but thanks for sharing

Robert A Whit
01-22-2013, 01:38 PM
I hope Obama never goes to Ford's Theater. God help us if we get stuck with Pres Biden

Speaking of Fords theater, last time I was in it, it was very fixed up. If anybody gets to DC, make sure you go to Fords Theater. Then walk across the street and visit where Lincoln died. When I saw it, it was very easy to get into and in the Fall I was not slowed down by big crowds.

Also, at Arlington cemetary, make sure to go inside the old Robert E Lee Home. A lot of places put up signs you can't take photos inside claiming I believe that flash hurts old paintings. But in the Lee home, I took some nice photos. They allow it. I don't believe you can take photos in Washingtons home as I think I recall seing signs or maybe they warned us. I took lots of photos all over the property though. Jefferson's home I believe also won't let you take photos but outside shoot all the photos you want. I have one that looks like one side of the nickel.

red states rule
01-22-2013, 04:50 PM

No ore disgusting than your "N" word comment when discussing Lincoln freeing the slaves

gabosaurus
01-22-2013, 05:31 PM
Speaking of Fords theater, last time I was in it, it was very fixed up. If anybody gets to DC, make sure you go to Fords Theater. Then walk across the street and visit where Lincoln died. When I saw it, it was very easy to get into and in the Fall I was not slowed down by big crowds.

I have actually done this. Took my daughter there. She was fascinated by the history.

I don't think I have heard anyone (mainstream media or otherwise) describe Obama's speech as anything other than ordinary and perfunctory. The only criticism has come from the extreme right-wing loons who find fault with everything that Obama does.

ConHog
01-22-2013, 05:34 PM
No ore disgusting than your "N" word comment when discussing Lincoln freeing the slaves

oh I would beg to differ that using the term nigger is not near as disgusting as joking about a President being killed. But eh, to each their own.

Remember, tend thy own garden

Kathianne
01-22-2013, 05:52 PM
I have actually done this. Took my daughter there. She was fascinated by the history.

I don't think I have heard anyone (mainstream media or otherwise) describe Obama's speech as anything other than ordinary and perfunctory. The only criticism has come from the extreme right-wing loons who find fault with everything that Obama does.

Took my kids to Ford's Theater also, they were very interested in it. Also in the ghostwalk in that area.

As for Obama opinion from the left? Not all positive:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/20/opinion/sunday/managing-the-oval-office.html?pagewanted=1&nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20130120&_r=0

January 19, 2013
<nyt_headline version="1.0" type=" ">Managing the Oval Office</nyt_headline> <nyt_byline> By DAVID ROTHKOPF </nyt_byline> <nyt_correction_top> </nyt_correction_top> BARACK OBAMA’s critics and supporters tend to agree: the first four years of the Obama administration have included plenty of disappointment and frustration.

Some of the that can be attributed to inherited challenges like the financial crisis. Some were caused by unexpected developments overseas. Some are the result of a dysfunctional Congress better known for logjams, corruption and ideological intransigence than action. (So much so that a recent poll (http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2011/PPP_Release_Natl_010813_.pdf) showed that Americans like Congress less than cockroaches, colonoscopies and root canals.)

But Mr. Obama and his team would benefit, as they begin the second term, by acknowledging that many of the biggest problems facing the administration flow directly from the man at the top. Mr. Obama is a lousy manager. As chief executive he gets a C — and then only if graded on a curve that takes into account his predecessor’s managerial weaknesses.

This administration provides an object lesson in how, when too many staffers have excessive influence, political calculations often trump good policy choices. When an inner circle maintains too tight a stranglehold over the president’s time and attention, too few views come into play. If isolated by an inner circle, the president will have a harder time fostering cooperation in his administration. During his first term, Mr. Obama’s inner circle included Michelle Obama, Valerie Jarrett, David Axelrod, David Plouffe and Pete Rouse. Even top administration officials believe these gatekeepers held power too closely. Staff casualties resulted.
When Obama campaign insiders on the National Security Council staff were thought to have more access to the president than their boss, Gen. James L. Jones, the general reportedly felt undermined and left the administration. Ms. Jarrett is said to be seen as so powerful that hardly anyone dares to cross her.

Despite constant behind-the-scenes grumbling from top officials, few appear to have successfully challenged her. Acknowledging how much the president values her opinion, staffers complain about her involvement in matters outside her competence. Battles with Ms. Jarrett reportedly played a role in at least one top official’s decision to leave the administration.

Mr. Obama’s top advisers say they often feel alienated from the president. There is a sense in the White House that “Barack Obama’s theory of government is he is the government.”

Mr. Obama’s perceived aloofness didn’t help his relations with Congress. Many Hill Democrats resent the fact that the president essentially did not consult with them during the last campaign, regularly keeping them away from him during his campaign appearances.

CHIEF executives who have visited the White House for much publicized consultations with the president and senior staff report that Mr. Obama appears to be more interested in delivering his message than in listening to others. This, too, speaks to Mr. Obama’s management weakness. Selecting a diverse team, creating a system in which ideas surface, listening to those ideas and then empowering others to put them into action are the cornerstones of good management — and of effective leadership.

aboutime
01-22-2013, 06:15 PM
oh I would beg to differ that using the term nigger is not near as disgusting as joking about a President being killed. But eh, to each their own.

And the winner today is....Conhog.... Let's see what you've won.....4376 and....4377 .

01-22-2013, 09:58 PM
Has Matthews heard the Gettysburg address?

And isn't it interesting that they have to keep comparing him to past Presidents? I guess even the left realizes that Obama cant stand on his own merits.

aboutime
01-22-2013, 10:00 PM

And isn't it interesting that they have to keep comparing him to past Presidents? I guess even the left realizes that Obama cant stand on his own merits.

avatar. Obama has NO MERITS of his own. And they certainly won't tell the truth about him by comparing him to Jimmy Carter. Who was far more intelligent, while Lusting after Playboy mag photo's.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-22-2013, 10:18 PM

Really? How so?? What did you in your fevered liberal mind read into it?
Im sure it was some kind of twisted trash.. -Tyr

aboutime
01-22-2013, 10:20 PM
Really? How so?? What did you in your fevered liberal mind read into it?
Im sure it was some kind of twisted trash.. -Tyr

Tyr. Another reason to laugh just popped up. Imagine that? Someone like that scolding You????

Wonders Never Do Cease. That old KETTLE thing works in mysterious ways.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-22-2013, 10:25 PM
Tyr... think about it... think real close....

Do you want him to end up like Lincoln?

or

Do you want him to end up like Andrew Johnson?

Dont tell me you are thinking like Conhog did!!
I was talking about being able to reunite a divided nation like LINCOLN DID!
Lincoln divided it and reunited it. obama has divided and I expressed the wish that he would reunite it but know that he will not. He is as far from being an honorable man like Lincoln as a snail is being a racehorse!-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-22-2013, 10:27 PM
Tyr. Another reason to laugh just popped up. Imagine that? Someone like that scolding You????

Wonders Never Do Cease. That old KETTLE thing works in mysterious ways.

Scolded me for what he in his liberal brain imagined. That's rich.. :laugh:-Tyr

aboutime
01-22-2013, 10:31 PM
Dont tell me you are thinking like Conhog did!!
I was talking about being able to reunite a divided nation like LINCOLN DID!
Lincoln divided it and reunited it. obama has divided and I expressed the wish that he would reunite it but know that he will not. He is as far from being an honorable man like Lincoln as a snail is being a racehorse!-Tyr

Obama needs an excuse to have his Legacy mean something.
So. He has been working since 2008 to destroy the nation, one step at a time.
And when HE FEELS the nation can no longer survive.
OBAMA will suddenly step forward, change his policies, and obey his Oath.
While showing the Dumbed-down portion of America who voted for him, how he can save the nation.
And his LEGACY will be intact as the Lousiest, Easiest Phony to ever live in the White House.
Finally earning his NOBEL PRIZE for Bamboozling millions.

red states rule
01-23-2013, 04:33 AM

ordinary and perfunctory?

PBS Panelists Call Obama’s Inaugural Address ‘Humanitarian’ Rather Than Liberal

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matt-vespa/2013/01/22/pbs-panelists-calls-obamas-inaugural-address-humanitarian-not-liberal#ixzz2ImzJn5ee

ABC's Moran Delights Over the 'President With a Purpose' and His 'History-Making Call to Action'

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2013/01/22/abcs-moran-delights-over-president-purpose-and-his-history-making-ca#ixzz2ImzusEBC

CNN Hosts Wowed by Obama's Second Inaugural Address

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matt-hadro/2013/01/21/cnn-reporters-wowed-obamas-inaugural-address#ixzz2In1dq2oa

red states rule
01-23-2013, 04:38 AM

Both are disgusting. Now you have been exposed as a racist, what little credibility you had has vanished. I am sure you are white as a sheet and that is very appropriate

red states rule
01-23-2013, 05:20 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/bg012213dAPR20130122054517.jpg

bingster
01-23-2013, 04:51 PM

Comparing to past presidents is what you do when you're proud. I'm sorry your party did not have the same sensation with your last president.

aboutime
01-23-2013, 04:57 PM
Both are disgusting. Now you have been exposed as a racist, what little credibility you had has vanished. I am sure you are white as a sheet and that is very appropriate

red states rule. Since I now have fallen to disgrace by placing ConHog on Ignore. Please pass these Well Deserved Award to him for me?

4379 4380 4381 4382

bingster
01-23-2013, 04:58 PM
I think the comparison was way over the top.

I didn't think his speech was such a big deal but I did enjoy his mention of gays. That was historic. Of course, conservatives aren't going to like his speech because he described a liberal view of our country. I'm comfortable with that and am also happy that the majority of our country is comfortable with it. I don't usually agree with the majority.

hjmick
01-23-2013, 05:03 PM
What else would you expect from Chris "The Tingler" Matthews?

aboutime
01-23-2013, 05:07 PM
What else would you expect from Chris "The Tingler" Matthews?

"Tingle, tingle, Little Chris. Loves to watch Obama, take a...."

red states rule
01-24-2013, 04:38 AM
Comparing to past presidents is what you do when you're proud. I'm sorry your party did not have the same sensation with your last president.

So Bing you are proud that under Obama:

gas prices have doubled

we have had 4 years of trillion dollar defcits in a row

added 6 1/2 trillion to the national debt

the US got its only credit downgrade

the intrest payments on the debt have swelled to over one quarter of a trillion dollars per year

that a record number of people are on food stamps and other forms of government assistance

I could go on but I do not want to overwhelm with too many of Obama's economic accomplishments