PDA

View Full Version : Your domestic cat is not innocent

tailfins
01-22-2013, 11:44 AM
And you thought cats were all cute and fluffy!

Like the parent of a bully saying that their little Johnny would not behave like that, if you’re a cat owner reading this, you are probably thinking that the above statistics don’t apply to your cat. The fact is that your furry friend is actually a friendly neighbourhood serial killer.*

http://garethsworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/devil_cat.jpg

http://garethsworld.com/catstogo/

*I'm not advocating Gareth's views, just trying to pi55-off cat lovers!

ConHog
01-22-2013, 12:00 PM
And you thought cats were all cute and fluffy!

http://garethsworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/devil_cat.jpg

http://garethsworld.com/catstogo/

*I'm not advocating Gareth's views, just trying to pi55-off cat lovers!

we have one in our barn who is definitely a killer. The damn dogs are scared of that fucker lol. He is mean, my daughter won't go to the barn . When I go I carry a long stick.

But we have no mice or snakes in our barn.

Thunderknuckles
01-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Another link from Fox:
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/01/22/new-zealand-environmental-advocate-launches-campaign-to-ban-cats-as-pets/

I see where Morgan is coming from being that cats are not indigenous and are threatening native wildlife but he is going a bit overboard with it. Calling cats natural born killers is all hyperbole. They're predators and perform a necessary function in nature. Calling for mandatory registration of cats is just plain stupid. If you're gonna go that route just go all in and make them illegal to own. We do the same in the U.S. with certain animals for the same reason. It's just that those animals aren't cute, cuddly, and domesticated so no one gives a damn.

tailfins
01-22-2013, 12:39 PM
Another link from Fox:
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/01/22/new-zealand-environmental-advocate-launches-campaign-to-ban-cats-as-pets/

I see where Morgan is coming from being that cats are not indigenous and are threatening native wildlife but he is going a bit overboard with it. Calling cats natural born killers is all hyperbole. They're predators and perform a necessary function in nature. Calling for mandatory registration of cats is just plain stupid. If you're gonna go that route just go all in and make them illegal to own. We do the same in the U.S. with certain animals for the same reason. It's just that those animals aren't cute, cuddly, and domesticated so no one gives a damn.

I saw that article, but chose to do the research in order to give DP readers the unfiltered source, not some airhead reporter's interpretation. THANK ME VERY MUCH.

jimnyc
01-22-2013, 02:29 PM
More hatred towards the cats!! :lol:

Yep, cats are predators by nature. An outdoor cat will most certainly go after it's natural prey! And they like to bring home the birds they nab and kind of show it off. Hell, my Chihuahua tries to get the birds and squirrels when he's in the yard, he's a hunter by nature.

And they will kill spiders and mice in your home too. We can blame an animal for being an animal and doing what it naturally does.

http://pages.swcp.com/~jamii/OtherCats/coco.jpg

ConHog
01-22-2013, 02:33 PM
More hatred towards the cats!! :lol:

Yep, cats are predators by nature. An outdoor cat will most certainly go after it's natural prey! And they like to bring home the birds they nab and kind of show it off. Hell, my Chihuahua tries to get the birds and squirrels when he's in the yard, he's a hunter by nature.

And they will kill spiders and mice in your home too. We can blame an animal for being an animal and doing what it naturally does.

http://pages.swcp.com/~jamii/OtherCats/coco.jpg

figures that you would show up in a thread about pussies LOL

Here's a shaved one for you.

http://adventurewithjames.com/images/funny/cats/shaved%20cat.jpg

glockmail
01-22-2013, 02:47 PM
NZ does have a problem because they are not indigenous and if they regulated cats by requiring de-claws or something I would not be surprised.

Rodents in and around your house are a huge problem because the crap and dander carry disease as well as allergens. When I lived in upstate NY I discovered that our house was riddled with them. My first cat I got from a dairy farmer who had dozens in his barn, but was useless and I eventually got rid of him because he hated the kids so started crapping in the house.

So we got two more that a friend rescued from a feral litter that a big 'ol gal had in his barn. She had two litters/ year in the same spot and wasn't able to keep them all fed so he would grab half of them after two days and feed them with an eyedropper. I gave the female to my grandfather and I kept the male, and he cleaned out my house, my barn, then started working the nearby fields and ponds. He was a master hunter and would wait half a day where he knew mice were coming and going out of the house or under the barn slab and nail them one by one. He also loved the kids and was a great asset to my family, and he moved with us to NC. When he died of natural causes years later we adopted an older cat from a couple and he started pissing in the house so we returned him. His sister died within two days of him dying and they lived 800 miles apart.

I then picked up a feral kitten that a business associate found at a job site and he's OK at keeping out pests but has a habit of eating them then puking it up, sometimes in the house. It doesn't happen all that often and the kids aren't babies anymore and clean up after him. I call him part tree because he keeps getting bigger every year. Stupid idiot got his tail run over by a car and he's lucky my wife found him not me because she took him to the vet which cost us $800. He's like 12 or 13 now and we joke that we need to stop buying "long life formula" cat food and buy some "short life". After he's gone that's it no more pussy for me.

My dog is much better at catching rodents then the cat and cleaned out the moles in my backyard. She kills them instantly by grabbing the head and shaking them, snapping the neck. She never eats them instead delivers them to me at the front door and if I don't find him the idiot Tree Cat eats them and pukes them up.

gabosaurus
01-22-2013, 03:41 PM
We rescued our cat off the street. He is now a very spoiled indoor cat.
Tailfins, you wouldn't like our cat. He has a personality and will talk back to you if your actions displease him.

ConHog
01-22-2013, 03:42 PM
We rescued our cat off the street. He is now a very spoiled indoor cat.
Tailfins, you wouldn't like our cat. He has a personality and will talk back to you if your actions displease him.

Less talk, more pictures of your pussy!!

jimnyc
01-22-2013, 04:04 PM
Less talk, more pictures of your pussy!!

Wow, deja vu. If Gabs is cool with you speaking to her like that, so be it. But I can't help but feel it crosses an invisible line, into crudeness perhaps. Maybe I should just keep my mouth shut. Either way, just my 2 cents.

ConHog
01-22-2013, 04:14 PM
Wow, deja vu. If Gabs is cool with you speaking to her like that, so be it. But I can't help but feel it crosses an invisible line, into crudeness perhaps. Maybe I should just keep my mouth shut. Either way, just my 2 cents.

Dude, I'm talking about her cat. Using a double entendre for sure, but nonetheless, I think Gabby knows I absolutely respect her husband and my wife enough to not ask for anything else. Nor to even want to see it in the first place.

jimnyc
01-22-2013, 04:19 PM
Dude, I'm talking about her cat. Using a double entendre for sure, but nonetheless, I think Gabby knows I absolutely respect her husband and my wife enough to not ask for anything else. Nor to even want to see it in the first place.

I know you 'meant' her cat, and we all know you made it to sound a little different. Even if you and Gabby are cool with it, and you respect her and what not - other ladies entering the thread might not want to read something like that. What you see as innocent play might be seen as filth to another.

Marcus Aurelius
01-22-2013, 04:20 PM
http://t.qkme.me/3sobmk.jpg

ConHog
01-22-2013, 04:22 PM
I know you 'meant' her cat, and we all know you made it to sound a little different. Even if you and Gabby are cool with it, and you respect her and what not - other ladies entering the thread might not want to read something like that. What you see as innocent play might be seen as filth to another.

hey, it's your forum if you don't want me jokingly calling a cat a pussy I'll respect that . Just please don't act like I was being disrespectful to Gabby or anyone else , others who enter the thread may think they have found a aha gotcha when in fact you are only giving your opinion.

but speaking of that, I can't believe you didn't even laugh at the picture of the shaved cat I posted. It would be said if it wasn't so obviously photoshopped. :laugh:

jimnyc
01-22-2013, 04:26 PM
hey, it's your forum if you don't want me jokingly calling a cat a pussy I'll respect that . Just please don't act like I was being disrespectful to Gabby or anyone else , others who enter the thread may think they have found a aha gotcha when in fact you are only giving your opinion.

but speaking of that, I can't believe you didn't even laugh at the picture of the shaved cat I posted. It would be said if it wasn't so obviously photoshopped. :laugh:

Remember the old saying "to each their own". But we have to remind ourselves that we aren't the only ones reading these threads, and everyone has a different set of limitations. I'm not asking you to refrain from anything as a staff member. That's a choice you would need to make yourself. I'm not into censoring anything more than what we truly have to. Like you said, I only gave my opinion.

ConHog
01-22-2013, 04:29 PM
Remember the old saying "to each their own". But we have to remind ourselves that we aren't the only ones reading these threads, and everyone has a different set of limitations. I'm not asking you to refrain from anything as a staff member. That's a choice you would need to make yourself. I'm not into censoring anything more than what we truly have to. Like you said, I only gave my opinion.

well now we're delving into the whole "hard to tell sometimes whether you're posting as staff or as Jim" argument and this isn't the place for that again.

However, no more often than I post pussy when referring to a cat I don't guess I'm worried about it either way Jim. I'll just use mittens from now on. :dance: