PDA

View Full Version : Presidents have been shot to death

Robert A Whit
01-22-2013, 03:10 PM
Think about shootings this way if you are able.

Presidents have been shot to death at close range.

So over time what took place?

Did they pass new gun laws?

No.

They took active action or in other words, they put guards around the man.

Lincoln was killed at arms length range.
Then Garfield and McKinley and last to die was Kennedy.

Who has understood that of all of our presidents, some nut killed 3 republicans and one democrat?

Were I to try to find assassins, one would imagine a democrat would make the best odds given so many republican presidents died or were injured. (Reagan for instance)

What took place was after several presidents were killed at close range, they finally put guards around them. I believe security is a lot tighter today than before Reagan was president.

(Truman for instance was out walking the streets of DC with nary a care)

So how did the feds figure out that more guardx means more safety?

Took them a long time to finally figure out what works.

There is a solution to the so called gun problem. But making me pay dearly for the hostile acts of others is not going to work.

And you won't prevent that mad man from taking a life. Be good to the people around you so you need not worry they will kill you.

Don't ask me to change my behavior. Change yours and see if that saves your life.

ConHog
01-22-2013, 03:20 PM

No.

Who has understood that of all of our presidents, some nut killed 3 republicans and one democrat?

Were I to try to find assassins, one would imagine a democrat would make the best odds given so many republican presidents died or were injured. (Reagan for instance)

What took place was after several presidents were killed at close range, they finally put guards around them. I believe security is a lot tighter today than before Reagan was president.

There is a solution to the so called gun problem. But making me pay dearly for the hostile acts of others is not going to work.

And you won't prevent that mad man from taking a life. Be good to the people around you so you need not worry they will kill you.

Don't ask me to change my behavior. Change yours and see if that saves your life.

so tell me, what did those 22 five year olds do that made that shooter kill them?

Dumb thread is dumb

mundame
01-22-2013, 03:34 PM

No.

Very impressive thinking again, Robert. [:-) We were talking about exactly this at my wool-spinning group; that security used to be simply nil in Washington. I had a great-aunt who used to see Eleanor Roosevelt out walking ---- alone.

Yeah, they had to change their system, and keep changing it as technology improved for the shooters.

Of course they are trying this in schools now, with metal detectors and bullet-proof glass and so on and on --- it's very sad, but there it is.

I suppose there is no use being regretful for a simpler, better past; there are much more effective shooters now and we'll have to change to meet that challenge, sad as it is.

gabosaurus
01-22-2013, 03:39 PM

http://battlenations.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/DumbThread6.jpg

ConHog
01-22-2013, 03:41 PM
http://battlenations.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/DumbThread6.jpg

if those 22 five year olds would have changed their behavior , none of this would have happened

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-22-2013, 03:41 PM
so tell me, what did those 22 five year olds do that made that shooter kill them?

Dumb thread is dumb

Very nice way to stir debate him, declare threads dumb as you have recently with mine and now here.

I guess any of them you did not create are dumb, right??

Way to spur activity here hoss. --Tyr

Robert A Whit
01-22-2013, 03:51 PM

Dumb thread is dumb

Modify your behavior. I am now getting the drift of why so many don't like you.

I am no expert on killers. I only remember one agency that trained me to be a killer. And that was the Feds and lasted 2 years.

As to Lanza, we need to survey what happened. I do not know all of the story.

First he killed his mother. Must have had very hard feelings against her to do it. Then he went real bonkers and took his rage out on children and the staff at the school. (ckearly the school authorities did not give said staff and students the protection you agree the govermnet should have done for them)

Something set his hair on fire. My guess is it started with his mother. She raised him. I suspect in his mind, she really did something awful to him.

I am not accusing her. Only saying what probably was in his mind. And I do not think some background check done against me would help his mother or the kids.

Robert A Whit
01-22-2013, 03:59 PM
Very impressive thinking again, Robert. [:-) We were talking about exactly this at my wool-spinning group; that security used to be simply nil in Washington. I had a great-aunt who used to see Eleanor Roosevelt out walking ---- alone.

Yeah, they had to change their system, and keep changing it as technology improved for the shooters.

Of course they are trying this in schools now, with metal detectors and bullet-proof glass and so on and on --- it's very sad, but there it is.

I suppose there is no use being regretful for a simpler, better past; there are much more effective shooters now and we'll have to change to meet that challenge, sad as it is.

I got several pathetic replies but yours is not one of them.

You focused on the real merit of my post. that being guards. Had they wanted to save those kids lives as much as they want to save presidents lives, a lot more protection for the kids and staff would have happened.

But no, rather than protect teachers and kids, they want to pass more laws against me and my ilk.

We don't kill humans. We are not the enemy. Why must Obama want to treat we the people who pay his paycheck as the enemy in this equation?

I dunno. The man is no clear thinker.

Oh to Tyr, thanks again my good man. You saw what I saw. A person supposedly dedicated to issues trying to call me dumb. That shit won't last long either.

As his inaguration proved over and over, the man is a collective thinker. He does not understand we the individual at all.

ConHog
01-22-2013, 04:47 PM
I got several pathetic replies but yours is not one of them.

You focused on the real merit of my post. that being guards. Had they wanted to save those kids lives as much as they want to save presidents lives, a lot more protection for the kids and staff would have happened.

But no, rather than protect teachers and kids, they want to pass more laws against me and my ilk.

We don't kill humans. We are not the enemy. Why must Obama want to treat we the people who pay his paycheck as the enemy in this equation?

I dunno. The man is no clear thinker.

Oh to Tyr, thanks again my good man. You saw what I saw. A person supposedly dedicated to issues trying to call me dumb. That shit won't last long either.

As his inaguration proved over and over, the man is a collective thinker. He does not understand we the individual at all.

Please show me where Obama has outlawed Armed guards at school. I happen to know that there is at least one on each of our 3 campuses as we speak.