PDA

View Full Version : Why Hollywood is Bullcrap

Hobbit
05-29-2007, 12:40 PM
This article is basically an ad for the upcoming movie, 'Knocked Up,' but in addition to that, it is an article claiming the dumbest, most idiotic theory I've ever heard, and that is that girls now go for the submissive, wussy, losers that the article refers to as the 'beta-male' and that manly-men, such as Bruce Willis and Rambo, are a dying breed. Meanwhile, here in the real world, beta males often end up in troubled relationships with women who dominate them and are prone to cheating (if they get into a relationship at all), while take charge alpha-males are, as has always been the case, getting all the chicks.

It seems as though the writers for these romance stories are incorporating a lot of wishful thinking into their plots.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18881794/site/newsweek/

05-29-2007, 01:10 PM
i dont even want to see the movie.

Pale Rider
05-29-2007, 01:16 PM
i dont even want to see the movie.

Me either. Just more crap coming out of hollyweird.

Hugh Lincoln
05-29-2007, 09:56 PM
This article is basically an ad for the upcoming movie, 'Knocked Up,' but in addition to that, it is an article claiming the dumbest, most idiotic theory I've ever heard, and that is that girls now go for the submissive, wussy, losers that the article refers to as the 'beta-male' and that manly-men, such as Bruce Willis and Rambo, are a dying breed. Meanwhile, here in the real world, beta males often end up in troubled relationships with women who dominate them and are prone to cheating (if they get into a relationship at all), while take charge alpha-males are, as has always been the case, getting all the chicks.

It seems as though the writers for these romance stories are incorporating a lot of wishful thinking into their plots.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18881794/site/newsweek/

Oh, and then some. Hollywood always has an agenda, and pushing "beta males" is surely part of yet another. You have to watch out for those alphas, girls, because they might be patriarchal conservatives!

nevadamedic
05-29-2007, 10:03 PM
Oh, and then some. Hollywood always has an agenda, and pushing "beta males" is surely part of yet another. You have to watch out for those alphas, girls, because they might be patriarchal conservatives!

That actually looks pretty funny.