PDA

View Full Version : 60% of income?

jimnyc
01-23-2013, 03:09 PM
I was reading this article about the professional golfer, Phil Mickelson. They were stating that the majority of the pro golfers live in Texas or Florida, to save on taxes. And I know it's been discussed before - but 60%? Why should someone have the MAJORITY of their income taken away? Isn't that a tad overboard? And no, income is income, it shouldn't matter how they received their income, so long as it's legal. According to my math - he would give up $27 million and get to keep $18 million? WTF?

Mickelson said the new federal tax rate, and California voting for Proposition 30 to increase taxes on the earnings over $250,000, contributed to total taxes that tap into more than 60 percent of his income.

Golf Digest magazine, in its annual survey of top earners in the sports, said Mickelson made just over $45 million last year on and off the golf course.

http://news.yahoo.com/phil-mickelson-regrets-airing-opinion-191938524.html

Marcus Aurelius
01-23-2013, 03:12 PM
As much as I love this country, I would leave it and give up my citizenship if the government was going to take 60% of my income.

Little-Acorn
01-23-2013, 03:14 PM
You're joking about being "surprised", right, jimnyc?

aboutime
01-23-2013, 03:14 PM
jimnyc. All of this brings out another point most people never bother thinking about, and didn't think about when they voted for Obama, and his promise to TAX THE RICH more.

Eventually. After Obama and Congress tax the Rich at that 60% mark. And they find out how taxing the rich...even at 100% will not bring in the Revenue they need to SPEND MORE on waste.

Which portion of our society, and population comes NEXT?

And the answer those people who happily STUCK IT TO THE RICH will get....too late. Is always the Middle Class, Blue collar Americans who do everything legally, honorably, and faithfully..even while paying the Intentionally Richest Poor people on Earth in America.

Bottom line. After the Rich...we all know who PAYS FOR EVERYTHING. Don't we???

jimnyc
01-23-2013, 03:16 PM
You're joking about being "surprised", right, jimnyc?

Yes and no. I mean, I know they've been raping us. But hell, I don't make that kind of money, so sometimes we forget how much the rich have to fork over. And then we have dummies saying they have to pay more? Pay more? PAY MORE? It's not even my money and I'm pissed that they take so much!

ConHog
01-23-2013, 07:02 PM
Yes and no. I mean, I know they've been raping us. But hell, I don't make that kind of money, so sometimes we forget how much the rich have to fork over. And then we have dummies saying they have to pay more? Pay more? PAY MORE? It's not even my money and I'm pissed that they take so much!

so what if they do? Phil didn't win that Green Jacket

:dance:

being real though, this is why we gotta get away from an income based tax. And at some point just tell the so called "poor" tough shit.

Met a poor guy the other day. He was driving a 3 year old Dodge Ram , had an Apple I5 and had money for McDonalds. Said he was poor though. Poor my ass.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-23-2013, 07:11 PM
As much as I love this country, I would leave it and give up my citizenship if the government was going to take 60% of my income.

France is up to taking 75% and many people are fleeing. I do not blame them at all. -Tyr

aboutime
01-23-2013, 07:30 PM
France is up to taking 75% and many people are fleeing. I do not blame them at all. -Tyr

Tyr. I can't help but notice how so many Democrat controlled states are experiencing the EXODUS of citizens to other states, much like the rich are abandoning France.

Kinda odd, or dishonest. How so many Obama-ites, Liberals, and Democrats NEVER SEEM TO WANT TO MENTION such facts.

But then. Working with a limited familiarity with Honesty, and Truth never has been a good Democrat trait.