PDA

View Full Version : Boy King (Barry) gives Morsi F-16's

LadyGunSlinger
01-25-2013, 01:57 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/01/22/gift-us-f-16-fighter-jets-en-route-to-egypt-amid-criticism/

What I find completely disturbing is that this tyrannical Islamic leader, Morsi, calls jews pigs and promises to drive all the pigs in to the sea and yet we have Obama and his merry band of Zombies allowing this transfer. WHY?

jimnyc
01-25-2013, 02:00 PM
I think I personally would have ripped up any deals with Egypt the day the brotherhood took over, and this dummy started making himself untouchable by the courts. The fact is, they are very likely to stir up trouble with Israel, whether directly or via Palestine if we don't ante up. Sadly, they will likely do the same even after getting $$$ and weapons from us.

LadyGunSlinger
01-25-2013, 02:03 PM
I think I personally would have ripped up any deals with Egypt the day the brotherhood took over, and this dummy started making himself untouchable by the courts. The fact is, they are very likely to stir up trouble with Israel, whether directly or via Palestine if we don't ante up. Sadly, they will likely do the same even after getting $$$ and weapons from us.

Totally concur.. so why is Obama going through with it? Any thoughts? Secondly, that moron Chucky Schmucky Schumer is suppose to have Israel's back with AIPAC.. Where the hell is he in all of this?

jimnyc
01-25-2013, 02:04 PM
Totally concur.. so why is Obama going through with it? Any thoughts? Secondly, that moron Chucky Schmucky Schumer is suppose to have Israel's back with AIPAC.. Where the hell is he in all of this?

Ya think a few F-16's bother you, read up on the Israeli/Egypt Peace Treaty of 69, I believe? Anyway, we give them a shitload of $$ and military aid ever since.

Thunderknuckles
01-25-2013, 02:07 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/01/22/gift-us-f-16-fighter-jets-en-route-to-egypt-amid-criticism/

What I find completely disturbing is that this tyrannical Islamic leader, Morsi, calls jews pigs and promises to drive all the pigs in to the sea and yet we have Obama and his merry band of Zombies allowing this transfer. WHY?
It was part of an earlier agreement with Mubarak but we should have backed out of it after Morsi came to power. Maybe Obama figured doing that would mean admitting the Arab Spring wasn't so great afterall. I already disagreed with the amount of aid we gave to Egypt but giving 16 F-16s and 200 more Abrams tanks to a guy who clearly believes they should take Israel off the map is frightening.

LadyGunSlinger
01-25-2013, 02:10 PM
It was part of an earlier agreement with Mubarak but we should have backed out of it after Morsi came to power. Maybe Obama figured doing that would mean admitting the Arab Spring wasn't so great afterall. I already disagreed with the amount of aid we gave to Egypt but giving 16 F-16s and 200 more Abrams tanks to a guy who clearly believes they should take Israel off the map is frightening.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Congress allocate funding for this kind of thing? If so, can't they just deny the funding?

jimnyc
01-25-2013, 02:13 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Congress allocate funding for this kind of thing? If so, can't they just deny the funding?

Not when you have a president who unilaterally sends the $$ and bypasses Congress in the process.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/03/21/obama-bypasses-congress-gives-1-5-billion-to-muslim-brotherhood

Thunderknuckles
01-25-2013, 02:16 PM
Not when you have a president who unilaterally sends the $$ and bypasses Congress in the process.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/03/21/obama-bypasses-congress-gives-1-5-billion-to-muslim-brotherhood
Astounding hubris.

LadyGunSlinger
01-25-2013, 02:16 PM

WTF?! Isn't that an impeachable offense? Why are the GOP standing around with their thumbs up their asses while this Marxist continues to rape the US Constitution? It's frustrating!

fj1200
01-25-2013, 02:23 PM

Um, not quite true.

Congress has restricted and, in fact, halted military aid to Egypt (http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-funding-for-egyptian-military-to-resume-senior-administration-officials-say/2012/03/16/gIQAoMTeGS_story.html?tid=sm_twitter_washingtonpos t) until and “unless the State Department certifies that Egypt is making progress on basic freedoms and human rights.” After all, Christians and other practitioners of non-Islamic religions have had a tough go of it there. And of course, many Egyptian officials harbor such hatred toward the U.S. that one of the candidates for the Egyptian presidency has openly referred to America (http://www.memritv.org/clip/en/3372.htm) as the “infidel country” in media interviews.

Hillary did certify as far as I know. We did have another thread that detailed this as well.

jimnyc
01-25-2013, 02:26 PM
Um, not quite true.

Hillary did certify as far as I know. We did have another thread that detailed this as well.

I still think such funds should be voted on, after such a change in leadership. I honestly don't know, did it go to a full vote after Hillary made her certifications?

jimnyc
01-25-2013, 02:27 PM

Also, if you don't mind, maybe we can bring up or discuss Hillary's certifying too - do you have a link for that (no, not questioning you, just want to see). I can't imagine how they could have made such certifications in such a short time.

fj1200
01-25-2013, 02:28 PM
I still think such funds should be voted on, after such a change in leadership. I honestly don't know, did it go to a full vote after Hillary made her certifications?

I don't. At some point you have to let the Executive hang themselves. Besides, Congress can change the law at any time.

jimnyc
01-25-2013, 02:31 PM
I don't. At some point you have to let the Executive hang themselves. Besides, Congress can change the law at any time.

But what about when such drastic changes are made? Doesn't that change the trajectory of the money and military aid we send? I mean, shouldn't we ensure that Egypt still stands solid with the treaty, and have substantial proof that they are moving in the direction that Congress wants, before dispensing billions of dollars?

fj1200
01-25-2013, 02:31 PM
Also, if you don't mind, maybe we can bring up or discuss Hillary's certifying too - do you have a link for that (no, not questioning you, just want to see). I can't imagine how they could have made such certifications in such a short time.

I'd have to look in the other thread. This is not a recent development, May last year rings a bell. The only thing in this story seems to be that they were actually shipped recently. TK's link is almost a year old even.

jimnyc
01-25-2013, 02:33 PM
I'd have to look in the other thread. This is not a recent development, May last year rings a bell. The only thing in this story seems to be that they were actually shipped recently. TK's link is almost a year old even.

I'm just curious to read more about it - and as to whether she supplied proof as to what they requested. From the way I've seen Egypt going, it doesn't sound like it rings true to what Congress wanted certified.

fj1200
01-25-2013, 02:34 PM
But what about when such drastic changes are made? Doesn't that change the trajectory of the money and military aid we send? I mean, shouldn't we ensure that Egypt still stands solid with the treaty, and have substantial proof that they are moving in the direction that Congress wants, before dispensing billions of dollars?

Congress has the power, of course they could be vetoed but Congress doesn't really care about the power of the institution any more, it's all about party. But I digress, Egypt hasn't really DONE anything to be in violation iirc, merely words. Besides, domestic jobs are getting the cash.

LadyGunSlinger
01-25-2013, 02:36 PM
Being Leadership changed hands in to a known terrorist sympathizing -supporting fundamentalist group , all bets are off. It's asinine to think our Congress doesn't have the power to revisit this, ie funding. The problem is the GOP are a bunch of pansyass enablers hell bent on getting the liberal media to like them and too pre-occupied with their next election.. They too are a lost cause as far as I'm concerned.

jimnyc
01-25-2013, 02:37 PM
Congress has the power, of course they could be vetoed but Congress doesn't really care about the power of the institution any more, it's all about party. But I digress, Egypt hasn't really DONE anything to be in violation iirc, merely words. Besides, domestic jobs are getting the cash.

Done, no, they haven't, but they more or less threatened us about Israel if we didn't continue through with AID. That alone gives me reservation.

LadyGunSlinger
01-25-2013, 02:37 PM

Really?? Do you want to stick with that ridiculous line of argument?? THE MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD HASN'T DONE ANYTHING?! :laugh:

fj1200
01-25-2013, 02:50 PM
I'm just curious to read more about it - and as to whether she supplied proof as to what they requested. From the way I've seen Egypt going, it doesn't sound like it rings true to what Congress wanted certified.

Here's the other thread with some links.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?38048-Egyptians-warns-USA-a-Morsi-ruled-Egypt-no-friend-to-US&p=597226&highlight=certify#post597226

Done, no, they haven't, but they more or less threatened us about Israel if we didn't continue through with AID. That alone gives me reservation.

Like I said, sometimes you have to let them hang themselves.

fj1200
01-25-2013, 02:51 PM
Really?? Do you want to stick with that ridiculous line of argument?? THE MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD HASN'T DONE ANYTHING?! :laugh:

Silly me. I thought we were talking about the government of Egypt. :dunno:

jimnyc
01-25-2013, 02:56 PM
Here's the other thread with some links.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?38048-Egyptians-warns-USA-a-Morsi-ruled-Egypt-no-friend-to-US&p=597226&highlight=certify#post597226

According to what I just read on that link, Hillary waived the requirement for the certification:

A senior Obama administration official said that Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton had no way to certify the bill's conditions were being met.
But in March Clinton waived the certification requirement (yes, she can do that)

So she unilaterally flipped her finger at Congress, and he unilaterally sent the $$$! :poke:

fj1200
01-25-2013, 02:58 PM
According to what I just read on that link, Hillary waived the requirement for the certification:

So she unilaterally flipped her finger at Congress, and he unilaterally sent the $$$! :poke:

Yup, and who's the idiot that put that clause in?

jimnyc
01-25-2013, 03:00 PM
Yup, and who's the idiot that put that clause in?

I'm afraid to ask. BUSH? I have no idea honestly, but it was dumb no matter who did it.

fj1200
01-25-2013, 03:01 PM
I'm afraid to ask. BUSH? I have no idea honestly, but it was dumb no matter who did it.

The idiot would have been in Congress and I think all of those changes were post Bush anyway.

ConHog
01-25-2013, 03:02 PM

Damn you liberals , just giving our money away. I think foreign aid should be halted PERIOD. Friend or foe, we're fucking broke.

:lol: @ calling Jim a liberal.

LadyGunSlinger
01-25-2013, 03:11 PM
Silly me. I thought we were talking about the government of Egypt. :dunno:

Just who do you think is running the government in Egypt?

fj1200
01-25-2013, 03:15 PM
Just who do you think is running the government in Egypt?

Not the question now is it? I'm pretty sure the legislation didn't say that Hill must certify as to the actions of the MB. Not that she bothered with that anyway.

LadyGunSlinger
01-25-2013, 03:19 PM
Not the question now is it? I'm pretty sure the legislation didn't say that Hill must certify as to the actions of the MB. Not that she bothered with that anyway.

Excuse me, but it most certainly is. Don't move the goalposts once you've made the statement, "Psst.. and here I thought we were talking about the government in Egypt." I shouldn't have to spell this out for you. The very REAL threat that the Muslim Brotherhood, an Islamic Fundamentalist group tied to Al Qaeda and Hamas, runs the government in Egypt is EXACTLY the issue regarding the arming of our enemy.

fj1200
01-25-2013, 04:10 PM
Excuse me, but it most certainly is. Don't move the goalposts once you've made the statement...

You were the one who moved the goalposts.

... Egypt hasn't really DONE anything to be in violation iirc...

... THE MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD HASN'T DONE ANYTHING?! :laugh:

You're excused.