PDA

View Full Version : Rahm Emanuel to banks: Hey, how about you stop serving firearms manufacturers?

red states rule
01-26-2013, 05:54 AM
I guess this is the Chicago way to impose your will on the unwashed masses. Meanwhile the body count continues to soar in Chicago and this is what the Mayor is spending time on
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, moving to take a lead role in the gun control debate, is turning up the pressure on banks that do business with firearms manufacturers.
Emanuel (http://www.politico.com/tag/rahm-emanuel) is sending letters to two major financial institutions, TD Bank and Bank of America, which offer lines of credit to gun makers suggesting that they stop lending money to the manufacturers if they don’t come out for new gun restrictions.

“TD Bank currently aids the gun manufacturing industry through a $60 million revolving line of credit with Smith & Wesson, a gun manufacturer that produces the AR-15 — an assault weapon that was used by James Holmes to kill 12 people and wound 58 in a crowded movie theatre in Aurora,” Emanuel’s missive to TD CEO Bharat Masrani states. “I ask you to use your influence to push this company to find common ground with the vast majority of Americans who support a military weapons and ammunition ban and comprehensive background checks.”Noting that Chicago’s municipal employees and teachers had already divested money in pension funds from gun makers that are opposing new gun laws, the White House chief of staff-turned-mayor wrote: “Now we need you and other commercial banks to join this fight for safer streets. Collectively we can send a clear and unambiguous message to the entire gun industry that investors will no longer financially support companies that profit from gun violence.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/rahm-emanuel-presses-banks-on-guns-86706.html#ixzz2J8XrbNBG

fj1200
01-26-2013, 06:05 AM
It's great that he's using the correct buzz words. I'm glad he still gets the e-mails now that he's no longer in the WH.

red states rule
01-26-2013, 06:06 AM
Next up libs may pressure banks to close accounts of people/companies that are pro-life, perhaps registered R's, and employees of Fox News.