PDA

View Full Version : Obama to cut healthcare benefits for active duty and retired US military

jimnyc
01-26-2013, 01:04 PM
And why isn't this all over the mainstream media? Cutting the benefits of these folks is despicable.

The Obama administration’s proposed defense budget calls for military families and retirees to pay sharply more for their healthcare, while leaving unionized civilian defense workers’ benefits untouched. The proposal is causing a major rift within the Pentagon, according to U.S. officials. Several congressional aides suggested the move is designed to increase the enrollment in Obamacare’s state-run insurance exchanges.

The disparity in treatment between civilian and uniformed personnel is causing a backlash within the military that could undermine recruitment and retention.

The proposed increases in health care payments by service members, which must be approved by Congress, are part of the Pentagon’s $487 billion cut in spending. It seeks to save $1.8 billion from the Tricare medical system in the fiscal 2013 budget, and $12.9 billion by 2017.

Many in Congress are opposing the proposed changes, which would require the passage of new legislation before being put in place.

“We shouldn’t ask our military to pay our bills when we aren’t willing to impose a similar hardship on the rest of the population,” Rep. Howard “Buck” McKeon, chairman of the House Armed Services Committee and a Republican from California, said in a statement to the Washington Free Beacon. “We can’t keep asking those who have given so much to give that much more.”

http://freebeacon.com/trashing-tricare/

jimnyc
01-26-2013, 02:21 PM
And in case you didn't notice it:

while leaving unionized civilian defense workers’ benefits untouched.

Why?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-26-2013, 03:30 PM

Why?

he attacks the military because he can as CIC. He as CIC now has it so women can be in front line combat roles as infantry. That too will weaken the military. Weaken our nation BY ANY MEANS seems to be his main agenda..-Tyr

red states rule
01-27-2013, 06:30 AM
Jim, after the last two elections do you really have to ask why Obama's PR staff is not telling people about this? Hell it is common knowledge libs hate the US military. In fact DNCTV admits as much

<iframe width="500" height="281" title="MRC TV video player" align="middle" src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/119653" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

aboutime
01-27-2013, 06:21 PM
he attacks the military because he can as CIC. He as CIC now has it so women can be in front line combat roles as infantry. That too will weaken the military. Weaken our nation BY ANY MEANS seems to be his main agenda..-Tyr

Tyr. The small number of Obama supporters in uniform are now seeing what a GREAT GUY Obama is...up close, and personal.

Of course. None of us...Like me. An old retired, 30 year Navy man...NEVER mentioned, or warned anyone how this would happen.

For more years than Obama has been in office. Since we all learned he was going to run for the office. Not only I, but thousands of other Military, former, active, reserves, and retired have been BANGING THAT DRUM...warning everyone what was eventually going to to take place.

And how did Obama and friends nullify what we were saying?

He, and his czar's all agreed to label us as Enemies, and Potential Terrorists who wore, or wear a uniform IF...We speak negatively about the PRETENDER.

Okay everyone. If you voted for Obama.

This is only a small portion of what you wanted.

We may not like it. But...I can guarantee all of you. NONE OF US...As Veterans. WILL FORGET IT!

jimnyc
01-27-2013, 06:42 PM
Thread cleaned, other posts moved to cage.

gabosaurus
01-27-2013, 07:07 PM
If you want people who work domestic non-military jobs to pay more for healthcare benefits, shouldn't members of the domestic military pay more for healthcare benefits?
Keep in mind that I am not talking about military posted overseas in combat zones.

jimnyc
01-27-2013, 07:10 PM
If you want people who work domestic non-military jobs to pay more for healthcare benefits, shouldn't members of the domestic military pay more for healthcare benefits?
Keep in mind that I am not talking about military posted overseas in combat zones.

One is, or has, served their country in a military role. They should be the last to have their healthcare cut - and EVEN MORE when they are retired and obviously too late to negotiate their "contracts".

gabosaurus
01-27-2013, 07:24 PM
One is, or has, served their country in a military role. They should be the last to have their healthcare cut - and EVEN MORE when they are retired and obviously too late to negotiate their "contracts".

Everyone serves their country in some way if they participate in the economic growth and well being. A lot of people are retired and obviously too late to "negotiate their contracts." Yet you see a lot of legislators wanting to cut Social Security and Medicare benefits, which these retired people contributed to in good faith for many years.
Everyone's benefits should be equal.

jimnyc
01-27-2013, 07:36 PM
Everyone serves their country in some way if they participate in the economic growth and well being. A lot of people are retired and obviously too late to "negotiate their contracts." Yet you see a lot of legislators wanting to cut Social Security and Medicare benefits, which these retired people contributed to in good faith for many years.
Everyone's benefits should be equal.

I'm sorry, I see soldiers differently. I don't think their healthcare should fall under the same rules. And until such time that the president down through congress abides by the same as the rest of the country, they shouldn't be allow to change it for soldiers, active or retired. They should be under a different umbrella, just like everyone else in congress. Surely if the suits can have it differently, we can do the same for soldiers.

red states rule
01-28-2013, 02:29 AM
Perhaps more money would be available if the government was paying for the healthcare needs of illegals.

Marcus Aurelius
01-28-2013, 08:29 AM

Why?

It's their 'thanks for re-electing me' gift.