PDA

View Full Version : How Not To Parallell Park On An Icy Hill

red states rule
01-27-2013, 06:17 AM
Why people think they can drive on ice is beyond me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNw2vSlT-B0&feature=player_embedded#!

Abbey Marie
01-27-2013, 01:52 PM
Yikes!

jimnyc
01-27-2013, 02:00 PM
Funny, the alarm on the first car he hit didn't activate until after he finally crashed down the road. REFUND!

ConHog
01-27-2013, 02:03 PM
I haven't parallel parked since the day I took my DL test is 1987. Not a single parallel spot anywhere that I go.

Kathianne
01-27-2013, 02:09 PM
I haven't parallel parked since the day I took my DL test is 1987. Not a single parallel spot anywhere that I go.

Another difference between rural and urban. LOL! Seriously, even the the burbs there's lots of places that parallel parking is required.

I have to go with RSR, why folks think they can drive on ice is just whacky. Snow is different. We may be hit with ice storm today, the rain/sleet has started here. I'm not going out.

ConHog
01-27-2013, 02:16 PM
Another difference between rural and urban. LOL! Seriously, even the the burbs there's lots of places that parallel parking is required.

I have to go with RSR, why folks think they can drive on ice is just whacky. Snow is different. We may be hit with ice storm today, the rain/sleet has started here. I'm not going out.

there is a tourist city near us that has some parallel parking, but we never go there.

Yes, funny that people think if they have a four wheel drive especially that they can just do whatever they want on ice. I drive on it, when I absolutely must. But you gotta take precautions.

I'd MUCH rather deal with a foot of snow than an inch of ice.

Kathianne
01-27-2013, 02:34 PM
It's raining/sleeting quite heavily right now, snowflakes making an appearance, some as big as tea saucers. Glazing has begun on rooftops and trees, I'm certain on streets too, but I'm not checking that out.

Abbey Marie
01-27-2013, 02:42 PM

Perfect day to stay in with a good book, and a cup of whatever suits your fancy. :thumb:

aboutime
01-27-2013, 05:22 PM
Take notice about that video. It was taken somewhere oversea's. Per the license, and the parking in reverse of here in the U.S..

Go to Youtube. There is a whole library of video's like that. Very instructional...as to WHAT NOT TO DO.

Kathianne
01-27-2013, 05:30 PM
Take notice about that video. It was taken somewhere oversea's. Per the license, and the parking in reverse of here in the U.S..

Go to Youtube. There is a whole library of video's like that. Very instructional...as to WHAT NOT TO DO.

Good call. Russia. Found it on the youtube watch.

Trigg
01-27-2013, 07:03 PM
It's raining/sleeting quite heavily right now, snowflakes making an appearance, some as big as tea saucers. Glazing has begun on rooftops and trees, I'm certain on streets too, but I'm not checking that out.

it just made it here a little while ago. It's hitting the windows pretty good right now.

Abbey Marie
01-27-2013, 08:38 PM
Good call. Russia. Found it on the youtube watch.

Lol, there may have been vodka involved.

aboutime
01-27-2013, 09:11 PM
Lol, there may have been vodka involved.

Abbey. I have watched many of those video's from around the world. Seems like Russians either video all of their accidents...ON PURPOSE, or signs, traffic lights, and rules of the road...JUST DON'T MATTER.

Often scary stuff that has made me ask "How does anyone there survive...just crossing the street, or a fender-bender, when they get out of their cars with TIRE IRONS...ready for WORLDS TOUGHEST MAN competition?

red states rule
01-28-2013, 02:38 AM
The weather is calling for ice to hit here between 1AM and 10Am. Should make my drive to work interesting if I can drive. So far nothing is happeneing