PDA

View Full Version : Obama: 'I Go Shooting All the Time'

red states rule
01-28-2013, 04:35 AM
Oh really? The 2nd Amendment is not about skeet shooting
Amid conservative anger over Mr Obama's (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama) proposals to ban assault weapons as part of a drastic overhaul of US gun control laws, the president said that he was a keen clay-pigeon shooter.

Asked in a magazine interview whether he had ever fired a gun, Mr Obama said he did so with guests at the president's rural retreat.

"Up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time," he said. "And I have a profound respect for the traditions of hunting that trace back in this country for generations.

"And I think those who dismiss that out of hand make a big mistake".

Mr Obama's plans for tighter firearms regulations were drawn up by Joe Biden, his vice-president, following the massacre of 26 people, including 20 young pupils at a primary school in Connecticut last month. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/9830016/Barack-Obama-I-go-shooting-all-the-time.html

jafar00
01-28-2013, 05:09 AM

Well, it sure as hell shouldn't be about hiding behind the couch with your pistol, fighting off hordes of nasty criminals because the local Sheriff doesn't have big enough cahones to police his precinct.

If the 2nd amendment was about defending your home against burglars and your schoolkids from schoolyard massacres, the founding fathers were just setting the country up for anarchy.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-28-2013, 08:01 AM
Well, it sure as hell shouldn't be about hiding behind the couch with your pistol, fighting off hordes of nasty criminals because the local Sheriff doesn't have big enough cahones to police his precinct.

If the 2nd amendment was about defending your home against burglars and your schoolkids from schoolyard massacres, the founding fathers were just setting the country up for anarchy.

Actually its about a man being able to defend himself and others when the fit hits the shan and when anybody or anything seeks to remove a man's freedoms .that man has the ability to properly "protest" that evil action..

While you belittle the people that have defended their lives and homes you reveal your abject lack of real understanding of what it means to be a responsible citizen. You sit there in Australia unarmed , a true sheep that can be sheered or worse at anytime with almost zero recourse, we in America say - F-THAT!

WE WILL HAVE RECOURSE!!! "Don't Tread On Me" , was a warning that still stands today, thanks to the 2nd Amendment !--Tyr

By the way, if you believe that lying fool about his skeet shooting you are sillier than even I have previously thought. -Tyr

Marcus Aurelius
01-28-2013, 08:19 AM

wow, literally every post, you get dumber. It's astounding.

Talking about the sheriffs balls, when you'd let a burglar rape or kill your wife without trying to stop them? Pathetic.

taft2012
01-28-2013, 08:19 AM
Oh goody.

This ranks up there with the 2004 incident, when John Kerry donned his Elmer Fudd duds and went into an Ohio sporting goods store asking "Can I get me a huntin' license here?" :laugh:

"No, I'm not a prissy, pampered, little dilettante windsurfer. I'm a real man." :laugh:

http://garciamedialife.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/kerry-hunting.jpg

Marcus Aurelius
01-28-2013, 08:25 AM
Obama was recently seen with a gun...

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/obama-skeet.png

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-28-2013, 08:29 AM
Oh goody.

This ranks up there with the 2004 incident, when John Kerry donned his Elmer Fudd duds and went into an Ohio sporting goods store asking "Can I get me a huntin' license here?" :laugh:

"No, I'm not a prissy, pampered, little dilettante windsurfer. I'm a real man." :laugh:

The guy with him in that picture is smiling big because he got a lucky shot and dropped the bird. Kerry promised him a few thousand bucks if he could get some game to be in the photo!-:laugh:--Tyr

aboutime
01-28-2013, 02:34 PM

red states rule. I do believe. Like liberals, and Obama always make claims about whenever they speak.

That "I GO SHOOTING ALL THE TIME" statement WAS...taken out of context.

When Obama said that...."If he said that?" He actually meant to say "I SHOOT MY MOUTH OFF ALL THE TIME".

And, most all of us are always so surprised when we hear OBAMA say something that is ​"TRUE"!

Drummond
01-28-2013, 09:16 PM

NOT defending your home from attack is where the real anarchy comes in, Jafar.

Better to support terrorists .. eh ??

gabosaurus
01-28-2013, 09:32 PM
Oh goody.

At least Kerry was able to shoot a bird and not another person like Cheney did. :laugh:

jimnyc
01-28-2013, 09:34 PM

No basis in reality here at all. In fact, you're in outer space! Why you want to vilify this Sheriff so badly, is beyond me, but you should at least have the cajones to attack him with real facts, not made up rhetoric.

aboutime
01-28-2013, 09:35 PM
At least Kerry was able to shoot a bird and not another person like Cheney did. :laugh:

gabby. Once again. You go SHOOTING off about something you never bothered to verify.

Truth is. Kerry was merely doing a PHOTO OP in that photo. Never fired the shotgun.

And even the LIBERAL MSM will back that FACT up.

Kathianne
01-28-2013, 09:36 PM
No basis in reality here at all. In fact, you're in outer space! Why you want to vilify this Sheriff so badly, is beyond me, but you should at least have the cajones to attack him with real facts, not made up rhetoric.

A few reasons is my guess. He wants the US disarmed. From all he's posted, I doubt really that he's not armed, wouldn't make sense with where he's purported to travel. He thinks all but Muslims are idiots.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-28-2013, 10:40 PM

A man that will not defend his home if he is physically able to do so is a coward IMHO.
JUST BEING BRUTALLY HONEST!--Tyr

logroller
01-29-2013, 12:52 AM
I do hope he uses nonlead shot, biodegradable clays and wadding.

Marcus Aurelius
01-29-2013, 01:01 AM

I wonder if Jahil's wife knows he'd sit and watch her get raped by an intruder, rather than shoot the intruder.

Jahil must not have read the Quar'an...

The Qur'an affirms the universal right of self-defense.

To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to fight), because they are wronged;- and verily, Allah is most powerful for their aid;

By not fighting someone who invades his home, Jahil proves he is not really Islamic.

red states rule
01-29-2013, 03:01 AM
Has anyone seen any of Obama's core base in the liberal media "report" that Obama "shoots skeet's"? I have yet to read anything about that until now. The only thing the liberal media reported Obama shooting was baskets

jafar00
01-29-2013, 07:32 AM

The point is that you shouldn't NEED to defend your home. There is something morbidly wrong if you do.

My comprehension of the sheriff's message comes from an Australian point of view. It would be a scandal here.

A few reasons is my guess. He wants the US disarmed. From all he's posted, I doubt really that he's not armed, wouldn't make sense with where he's purported to travel. He thinks all but Muslims are idiots.

There are about 2.5 million Muslims in the USA. Do you also support and feel good about supporting their right to arm themselves with Assault Rifles and lots and lots of ammo? :p

Marcus Aurelius
01-29-2013, 07:57 AM
The point is that you shouldn't NEED to defend your home. There is something morbidly wrong if you do.

My comprehension of the sheriff's message comes from an Australian point of view. It would be a scandal here.

There are about 2.5 million Muslims in the USA. Do you also support and feel good about supporting their right to arm themselves with Assault Rifles and lots and lots of ammo? :p

point 1: The point is not one of NEED, it's one of THE RIGHT TO. Dumb ass. Just because you'd sit there and watch your wife get raped and murdered in front of you and not lift a finger to stop the intruder doesn't mean anyone else has to be as much of a coward.

point 2: If they obey the law and are not using the guns for criminal acts, then yes, they have the same RIGHT TO DEFEND THEIR HOMES as non-muslims in the US.

jimnyc
01-29-2013, 12:33 PM

There are a bunch of "rights" in the USA that people don't technically NEED, but I don't dare say any one of them rights should be taken away.

red states rule
01-30-2013, 03:27 AM
Oh goody.

Yea, I remember when Johnny went huntin' and how he asked for his license like we was a southern boy
In Ohio this week, John Kerry tried to stage something for the press to show that he’s not an anti-gun elitist who looks down his nose at the voting public. But the dog-and-pony show he put on in order to hunt geese in Ohio the other day largely served as another political opportunity for the Bush campaign and the National Rifle Association to remind gun owners that few senators have been as hostile to them as Mr. Kerry.
Mr. Kerry’s Ohio hunting adventure started last Saturday, when the senator, campaign entourage in tow, went into a grocery store and asked the owner: “Can I get me a hunting license here?” Even the phraseology sounded staged. Mr. Kerry ordinarily doesn’t talk this way, and his language sounded fake and patronizing — as if he was pretending to talk like someone from rural Ohio.
When Mr. Kerry went hunting on Thursday in Boardman, Ohio, the event was tightly choreographed. Even as Mr. Kerry allowed himself to be photographed wearing a camouflage jacket, he was “also careful not to scare off supporters who might be a little squeamish about seeing their candidate smeared with the fresh blood of a fowl whose only crime was to try landing in the wrong cornfield,” Charles Hurt of The Washington Times reported.
Mr. Kerry and his handlers wanted to come away with sanitized pictures they think will play well with focus groups. After two hours of hunting, photographers with long photo lenses noticed that Mr. Kerry’s hand was bloodied. By the time he reached the reporters, he had tucked that hand into his sleeve. Unlike the other hunters, all of them carrying their geese, Mr. Kerry was careful not to be photographed holding the bird he shot. He’s triangulating — trying to do whatever he can to to persuade hunters he’s their buddy, without completely alienating animal-rights backers on the political left who might be inclined to support him.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2004/oct/22/20041022-090857-8206r/#ixzz2JVLGjGfG
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=ctd-fI3Dar4z1uacwqm_6r&u=washtimes)

red states rule
01-30-2013, 03:29 AM
Obama was recently seen with a gun...

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/obama-skeet.png

and we have Obama taking target practice http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/lb0130cd20130129025835.jpg

red states rule
01-31-2013, 03:28 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/gmc10679820130130072500.jpg