PDA

View Full Version : women in combat

Trigg
01-28-2013, 03:44 PM
I'm not sure if this was already posted. But, I thought it was a good discussion. NO one is talking over the other and I think they're doing a good job of getting their point across.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBxpo5PoP0g

Gadget (fmr Marine)
01-28-2013, 05:11 PM
...of rescinding the exclusion of women in combat....

"we will NOT lower our standards!"

Hey, if a woman can do EVERYTHING that is required, without lowering any standards set forth by current combat Marines, I'm sure no one would f@ck with her, and she would be a worthy asset on the ground...and scare the crap out of a lot of the medieval thugs that need to be rid of the earth.....
http://static.dvidshub.net/media/video/1301/DOD_100690081/DOD_100690081-486x274-300k.mp4

aboutime
01-28-2013, 05:19 PM

Hey, if a woman can do EVERYTHING that is required, without lowering any standards set forth by current combat Marines, I'm sure no one would f@ck with her, and she would be a worthy asset on the ground...and scare the crap out of a lot of the medieval thugs that need to be rid of the earth.....
http://static.dvidshub.net/media/video/1301/DOD_100690081/DOD_100690081-486x274-300k.mp4

Thanks.....SEMPER FI Marine.....4410

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-28-2013, 05:19 PM
I'm not sure if this was already posted. But, I thought it was a good discussion. NO one is talking over the other and I think they're doing a good job of getting their point across.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBxpo5PoP0g

That was a Canadian general supporting the role of women becoming frontline combat troops. How many war zones and activities has Canada been in since women were integrated in the Canadian military combat forces? How many were they in which they more than supporting troops that let OUR military bear the brunt of the action? In my opinion the guy is likely just a liberal and his expertise does not rate as it was intended. Why wasn't there an AMERICAN GENERAL SITTING THERE PRAISING THIS CHANGE?--Tyr

jimnyc
01-28-2013, 05:21 PM

I don't believe I've seen ya around in awhile, or my age really is getting to me. Either way, good to see ya posting! :salute:

aboutime
01-28-2013, 05:22 PM
That was a Canadian general supporting the role of women becoming frontline combat troops. How many war zones and activities has Canada been in since women were integrated in the Canadian military combat forces? How many were they in which they more than supporting troops that let OUR military bear the brunt of the action? In my opinion the guy is likely just a liberal and his expertise does not rate as it was intended. Why wasn't there an AMERICAN GENERAL SITTING THERE PRAISING THIS CHANGE?--Tyr

Tyr. We all know. NO ACTIVE DUTY Marine is permitted to offer, or suggest any such thing.

We also know. SILENCE IS GOLDEN. Telling us "sometimes it's better to just stay quiet", when your entire career could be in jeopardy for speaking your mind these days.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-28-2013, 06:41 PM
Tyr. We all know. NO ACTIVE DUTY Marine is permitted to offer, or suggest any such thing.

We also know. SILENCE IS GOLDEN. Telling us "sometimes it's better to just stay quiet", when your entire career could be in jeopardy for speaking your mind these days.

Plenty of retired big brass around. Listening to what a Canadian general had to say was meaningless.
I would rather listen to a local dog catcher than a Canadian general speak on the subject !
How many women will meet the standards is only part of the problem. The bigger problem is how politicians will push to lower the standards and remember the CiC IS ALWAYS A POLITICIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And often a gutless , stupid one to boot, obama being a prime example of that IMHO.-Tyr

Drummond
01-28-2013, 07:59 PM
Plenty of retired big brass around. Listening to what a Canadian general had to say was meaningless.
I would rather listen to a local dog catcher than a Canadian general speak on the subject !
How many women will meet the standards is only part of the problem. The bigger problem is how politicians will push to lower the standards and remember the CiC IS ALWAYS A POLITICIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And often a gutless , stupid one to boot, obama being a prime example of that IMHO.-Tyr

There's a funny side to it, though. Imagine some terrorist type steeped in the Muslim belief that women are vastly inferior to men .. say a Taliban leader ? .. who finds himself being captured by WOMEN soldiers ... !

Perhaps Jafar can offer us an insight into that one ... what do you have to say, Jafar ?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-28-2013, 08:03 PM
There's a funny side to it, though. Imagine some terrorist type steeped in the Muslim belief that women are vastly inferior to men .. say a Taliban leader ? .. who finds himself being captured by WOMEN soldiers ... !

Perhaps Jafar can offer us an insight into that one ... what do you have to say, Jafar ?

Jafar may just wet himself thinking about that one.. Or diligently search his Koran for Allah's instruction on what to do should such a dastardly act fall upon a faithful believer!--:laugh:--Tyr

could be desperately searching right now.. :laugh2:

DragonStryk72
01-28-2013, 08:07 PM
Oh shit, that's no good. I have a sister and many female friends, and they are WAY more vicious than any sane man would be in a fight.

Drummond
01-28-2013, 08:34 PM
Jafar may just wet himself thinking about that one.. Or diligently search his Koran for Allah's instruction on what to do should such a dastardly act fall upon a faithful believer!--:laugh:--Tyr

could be desperately searching right now.. :laugh2::clap::clap:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh::laugh::lol:

aboutime
01-28-2013, 08:37 PM

Imagine jafar being tried in an American court, with a jury of 12 females who will eventually determine whether jafar lives, or is forced to commit suicide to SAVE FACE???

Abbey Marie
01-28-2013, 08:40 PM

Well, welcome back, Gadget.

Kathianne
01-28-2013, 09:04 PM
I've posted this before, but what the hell, I've posted lots of things tens of times.

I've mixed feelings about the ruling. There ARE women that can meet the physical standards of previous requirements for men. I don't have any proof, but would guess perhaps a one in 50 or 60 ratio. Most women just aren't built like men, a few are. No, that doesn't make them lesbians, just God-given musculature and the willingness to develop.

Most women just aren't up to running while carrying the required loads. Most wouldn't ever think of enlisting, for those reasons and others.

This ruling though, does open up the fairness of women registering for the draft, if one should be called up again.

Robert A Whit
01-28-2013, 09:11 PM

When these combat women are in menses, imagine what the Arabs will do.

Kathianne
01-28-2013, 09:16 PM
Same level of discrimination. If someone is qualified theyre qualified.

Even if the vast numbers of a subgroup fail to 'qualify?' Granted in a volunteer military those percentages may be mitigated by the volunteers, but the new openings would also pertain to draft numbers. Indeed, seems with this ruling all females should also be required to register for draft at 18.

Trigg
01-29-2013, 12:00 PM
Personally I don't think women should be on the front lines. But if they are physically able to carry the load and not be a hinderance to their troop, than I say give them the chance. What I don't want to see is a lowering of the requirements in order to increase the "diversity".

Marcus Aurelius
01-29-2013, 01:47 PM
If a woman can meet the same physical criteria that a man can... the same mental criteria... and wants to do it... I see no real reason why they should not be in combat roles.

ConHog
01-29-2013, 01:56 PM
I hear I may have missed a claim about some women who are not qualified might end up in positions if a draft is instituted....

Hogwash.

There is the same possibility with men. If you think every guy who's toted a pack in the infantry was qualified LOL

Marcus Aurelius
01-29-2013, 02:06 PM
I hear I may have missed a claim about some women who are not qualified might end up in positions if a draft is instituted....

Hogwash.

There is the same possibility with men. If you think every guy who's toted a pack in the infantry was qualified LOL

the ones that weren't became officers (ducks)

ConHog
01-29-2013, 02:10 PM
the ones that weren't became officers (ducks)

:lol:

WiccanLiberal
01-29-2013, 05:37 PM
Oh shit, that's no good. I have a sister and many female friends, and they are WAY more vicious than any sane man would be in a fight.

:gunner4:Women also make better snipers.

Voted4Reagan
01-29-2013, 06:51 PM
:gunner4:Women also make better snipers.

Correct.... Major Lyudmilla Pavilechenko of the Russian Army (Specifically the WHITE ROSES) was credited with 309 Sniper kills.

I have long held that women should be in front line combat.....

any person that can bleed for 7 straight days without dying is certainly soldier material!

I bet I pay for that one when you get home later..... lol

bingster
01-29-2013, 08:25 PM
I think the main issue here is that women are already serving in combat but aren't given the opportunity to gain rank for their action in combat because they are not classified as "combat personnel".

I've evolved on this over time. As for fears that they may be raped by the enemy, studies have said that they are getting raped at a very high rate already by their fellow troops.

It's about time. I haven't looked at any numbers, but I think most countries have already had women in combat for some time.