PDA

View Full Version : Calling out Gabby!

jimnyc
01-29-2013, 01:31 PM
Gabby, you have long insinuated that you are much smarter than others here, much smarter than conservatives. Let's see if you're willing to backup your inane blathering?

I'm willing to debate you, one on one, no smack talk, no interference, just the 2 of us with facts and citations. We can do so with one of the following perhaps?

Gun control
Abortion and personal responsibility
Illegal immigration

The specific subject can be narrowed down if you want to try and put the ball in your corner. Or...

LA Dodgers

We can go the fun route and debate their history and players or whatever variant you want stemming from the team. Hell, they're in YOUR backyard.

Or maybe pick another topic of your choice if you like, without being one sided (like Steelers for me, or feminine issues for you).

I don't have 2 degrees from Harvard or wherever you supposedly went. I don't teach. I didn't make any honor lists, except for athletics. By all accounts, I'm a bum, and a loser, or a dirtbag as I like to call myself. But put to the test by someone claiming to be SO much better than everyone else - I will bury you, woman! And then I will burn your degrees and toss the ashes on top of you!

So which subject shall it be? And after you choose, would you like to start, or shall I?

Robert A Whit
01-29-2013, 02:04 PM
Have her remark in an intelligent way if she supports a woman's right to have the aborted baby ground up and put into dog food so as to not waste the child.

She hates that one.

Marcus Aurelius
01-29-2013, 02:14 PM
She'll either ignore, or accept, post once and then never again in the thread.

jimnyc
01-29-2013, 02:16 PM
Have her remark in an intelligent way if she supports a woman's right to have the aborted baby ground up and put into dog food so as to not waste the child.

She hates that one.

Oh, Bobby, what have you done. You talk about intelligence, and then say this about aborted babies?

And just so ya know, ya grumpy bastard, I use Bobby in a nice way. My Uncle was "Robert", my Mom's brother. Whenever she told us stories of growing up, or whenever she discussed him, she would call him 'my Bobby'. Now I see Robert and immediately think Bobby!

ConHog
01-29-2013, 02:48 PM
Oh, Bobby, what have you done. You talk about intelligence, and then say this about aborted babies?

And just so ya know, ya grumpy bastard, I use Bobby in a nice way. My Uncle was "Robert", my Mom's brother. Whenever she told us stories of growing up, or whenever she discussed him, she would call him 'my Bobby'. Now I see Robert and immediately think Bobby!

That dude has posted that line about feeding aborted fetuses to animals probably 20 times. How weird and disgusting is that.

aboutime
01-29-2013, 03:12 PM
Gabby, you have long insinuated that you are much smarter than others here, much smarter than conservatives. Let's see if you're willing to backup your inane blathering?

I'm willing to debate you, one on one, no smack talk, no interference, just the 2 of us with facts and citations. We can do so with one of the following perhaps?

Gun control
Illegal immigration

The specific subject can be narrowed down if you want to try and put the ball in your corner. Or...

LA Dodgers

We can go the fun route and debate their history and players or whatever variant you want stemming from the team. Hell, they're in YOUR backyard.

Or maybe pick another topic of your choice if you like, without being one sided (like Steelers for me, or feminine issues for you).

I don't have 2 degrees from Harvard or wherever you supposedly went. I don't teach. I didn't make any honor lists, except for athletics. By all accounts, I'm a bum, and a loser, or a dirtbag as I like to call myself. But put to the test by someone claiming to be SO much better than everyone else - I will bury you, woman! And then I will burn your degrees and toss the ashes on top of you!

So which subject shall it be? And after you choose, would you like to start, or shall I?

jimnyc: That's not fair. You are already far ahead of her. No matter what topic she chooses. Because "You cannot hold an intelligent conversation (or debate) with someone who has no intelligence."

It's gonna be a WIN-WIN for you jimnyc!

ConHog
01-29-2013, 03:15 PM

Gun control
Illegal immigration

LA Dodgers

This would be a lot more exciting if after agreeing on a topic yall defended the opposing view. LR and I talked about doing this in the past, but it never happened.

gabosaurus
01-29-2013, 03:30 PM
I have frequently stated on this forum that I am not a good debater. Plus there is the obstacle of those who tend to debunk my explanations because they don't like the source.
I state my opinions. Often my opinions are backed up by science or logic, which others also tend to debunk because they don't share the same thought patterns as I do.
Then there is the fact that I am not retired. I can't sit here waiting for the next question.
It is impossible to debate someone who has a preset opinion and is not ever going to change it.

The "smarter than you are" thing is pure sarcasm. I am a smart ass intellectual. Of course I am going to claim I am smarter than you are.
I believe in learning. Some people are opposed to it. Pol Pot was totally opposed to learning. He knew that knowledge was power, and didn't want to be threatened.
A lot of relatively uneducated people (i.e. those with high school education or less) feel the same way.

I am fairly certain that Abbey and Kathianne are much smarter than I am. Perhaps a few others as well.
Doesn't mean I can't claim it though. :cool:

tailfins
01-29-2013, 03:33 PM
That dude has posted that line about feeding aborted fetuses to animals probably 20 times. How weird and disgusting is that.

It's called communicating with people on a level they can understand. It's hard for even her to ignore a dripping faucet.

I have frequently stated on this forum that I am not a good debater. Plus there is the obstacle of those who tend to debunk my explanations because they don't like the source.
I state my opinions. Often my opinions are backed up by science or logic, which others also tend to debunk because they don't share the same thought patterns as I do.
Then there is the fact that I am not retired. I can't sit here waiting for the next question.
It is impossible to debate someone who has a preset opinion and is not ever going to change it.

The "smarter than you are" thing is pure sarcasm. I am a smart ass intellectual. Of course I am going to claim I am smarter than you are.
I believe in learning. Some people are opposed to it. Pol Pot was totally opposed to learning. He knew that knowledge was power, and didn't want to be threatened.
A lot of relatively uneducated people (i.e. those with high school education or less) feel the same way.

I am fairly certain that Abbey and Kathianne are much smarter than I am. Perhaps a few others as well.
Doesn't mean I can't claim it though. http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/smilies/cool.png

What puzzles me is how you can work in an environment that values conformity. It doesn't seem like your style.

gabosaurus
01-29-2013, 03:39 PM
The military values conformity. In my job, every situation is different. There is no conformity.

jimnyc
01-29-2013, 03:50 PM
Always an excuse, always a reason, always the other ones fault, always...

http://i.imgur.com/Jqi3Mwc.jpg

ConHog
01-29-2013, 03:52 PM
Always an excuse, always a reason, always the other ones fault, always...

http://i.imgur.com/Jqi3Mwc.jpg

yes, reminds me of a time when I challenged 5 so called conservatives to a one on one or even a one on five debate and they came up with every excuse under the sun not to.

I'm disappointed that Gabby declined. Would have been an interesting debate.

jimnyc
01-29-2013, 03:57 PM
My attempt to sweeten the pot and make this happen....

Gabs, it will only be required to make one post per day for the debate. We will make 7 posts apiece. That gives us one week to debate, what would normally be 15 minutes for others. Surely you can spare a few moments per day, for one week, in order to backup your insults of others intelligence and continued mention over years about your degrees and such.

Don't worry about it being voted against too wrongly. We can have just 5 people choose a winner if you like - and you can pick 3 of them.

I will donate $25 to a charity of your choice (w/proof) or send you $25 directly if you win (how much do brains cost? LOL). If I win, you simply make an announcement at the top of the board that you lost to me in a debate, 2 degrees to none, and even though you're an intellectual. And of course never live it down - because make no mistake, you WILL lose. Oh, and I suppose only fair that I do the same, I will acknowledge the same AND make it a sticky for 6 months minimum, where no sticky for yours. What else do I need to do to have it lean in your favor? Oh, I know - you can have 9 posts to my 5, how's that?

jimnyc
01-29-2013, 03:59 PM
yes, reminds me of a time when I challenged 5 so called conservatives to a one on one or even a one on five debate and they came up with every excuse under the sun not to.

I'm disappointed that Gabby declined. Would have been an interesting debate.

Maybe those 5 just don't like you? LOL I kid, I kid, said Triumph!

I don't think a lot of people care for the one on one thing, not sure why. I wouldn't mind losing, if that were possible. :coffee:

ConHog
01-29-2013, 04:00 PM
My attempt to sweeten the pot and make this happen....

Gabs, it will only be required to make one post per day for the debate. We will make 7 posts apiece. That gives us one week to debate, what would normally be 15 minutes for others. Surely you can spare a few moments per day, for one week, in order to backup your insults of others intelligence and continued mention over years about your degrees and such.

Don't worry about it being voted against too wrongly. We can have just 5 people choose a winner if you like - and you can pick 3 of them.

I will donate $25 to a charity of your choice (w/proof) or send you $25 directly if you win (how much do brains cost? LOL). If I win, you simply make an announcement at the top of the board that you lost to me in a debate, 2 degrees to none, and even though you're an intellectual. And of course never live it down - because make no mistake, you WILL lose. Oh, and I suppose only fair that I do the same, I will acknowledge the same AND make it a sticky for 6 months minimum, where no sticky for yours. What else do I need to do to have it lean in your favor? Oh, I know - you can have 9 posts to my 5, how's that?

risk something bigger Jim. Risk a moderator position to her or someone of her choosing shall she win. Versus say her having to use an avatar that says "I Lost a debate to Jim" for 6 months LOL

ConHog
01-29-2013, 04:01 PM
Maybe those 5 just don't like you? LOL I kid, I kid, said Triumph!

I don't think a lot of people care for the one on one thing, not sure why. I wouldn't mind losing, if that were possible. :coffee:

I'm not sure why either. I think it's something that is unique and could make this board stand out.

jimnyc
01-29-2013, 04:08 PM
risk something bigger Jim. Risk a moderator position to her or someone of her choosing shall she win. Versus say her having to use an avatar that says "I Lost a debate to Jim" for 6 months LOL

No way "of her choosing", she'll nominate OCA or some other turd just to fuck with me. But I would offer her a temporary mod position, if it would lure her into my trap. Wanna be a mod for a month, Gabs? Just up front, so she knows, staff can't ban other staff, literally doesn't work.

ConHog
01-29-2013, 04:10 PM
No way "of her choosing", she'll nominate OCA or some other turd just to fuck with me. But I would offer her a temporary mod position, if it would lure her into my trap. Wanna be a mod for a month, Gabs? Just up front, so she knows, staff can't ban other staff, literally doesn't work.

yeah good point, I could see her bringing back maineman LOL

and yeah would not be cool at all if she beat you and then took advantage of being a mod by banning anyone or anything like that.

also, way too few posts in your original proposal. should be 10 each imo

tailfins
01-29-2013, 04:10 PM
The military values conformity. In my job, every situation is different. There is no conformity.

Does that mean you get to try out Dwight Schrute (or Cosmo Kramer, take your pick) type of ideas?

Robert A Whit
01-29-2013, 04:17 PM

I think it was in the 4th grade that a teacher had so many Roberts, she decided to say Robert to one, Bob to another, Bobby to one other, etc.

Mom named me Robert. Robert Taylor was her favorite actor at the time.

I wonder if you think Gabby is not intelligent enough to reply?

See, the way I see abortion is to Democrats, they are nothing but trash. And since they dehumanize them by screaming fetus at us, why don't they live by that code and call for some practical use of their trash.

I am not disrespectuf. I want the truth. They don't explain what to do with the stuff that was a fetus. So what can they tell us they can be useful for.

Oh, all my actual friends call me Bob. It is my nickname. Bobby sounds so like a small child. I don't recall anybody calling me Bobby.

jimnyc
01-29-2013, 04:20 PM
I think it was in the 4th grade that a teacher had so many Roberts, she decided to say Robert to one, Bob to another, Bobby to one other, etc.

Mom named me Robert. Robert Taylor was her favorite actor at the time.

I wonder if you think Gabby is not intelligent enough to reply?

See, the way I see abortion is to Democrats, they are nothing but trash. And since they dehumanize them by screaming fetus at us, why don't they live by that code and call for some practical use of their trash.

I am not disrespectuf. I want the truth. They don't explain what to do with the stuff that was a fetus. So what can they tell us they can be useful for.

Oh, all my actual friends call me Bob. It is my nickname. Bobby sounds so like a small child. I don't recall anybody calling me Bobby.

Oh, she's intelligent enough. I don't doubt her education and intelligence - as she does to so many others. :)

Ok, I'll try to use Bob then. I'll try, no promises though! Robert just seems to stuffy and proper to me. It's better than my brother, who is named John, when I call him up I just call him 'asshole'. :lol:

Anton Chigurh
01-29-2013, 04:22 PM
I will bury youNice use of Khrushchev quote!

Robert A Whit
01-29-2013, 04:24 PM
It's called communicating with people on a level they can understand. It's hard for even her to ignore a dripping faucet.

Exactly. She says she is not a good debater. By his reply, looks to me like Conhog shares that trait with Gabby.

jimnyc
01-29-2013, 04:27 PM
Nice use of Khrushchev quote!

Who's that? LOL I don't know where I first heard it first, but it sounded intimidating! :)

Robert A Whit
01-29-2013, 04:34 PM
Oh, she's intelligent enough. I don't doubt her education and intelligence - as she does to so many others. :)

Ok, I'll try to use Bob then. I'll try, no promises though! Robert just seems to stuffy and proper to me. It's better than my brother, who is named John, when I call him up I just call him 'asshole'. :lol:

Well, you have called me grumpy, old fart, bastard and maybe dirt bag. Bob is what I am called. Works for me.

Come to think of it, I have not called you out for those other words. Robert works but Bobby is worse than you calling me asshole. LMAO :cool:

Robert A Whit
01-29-2013, 04:38 PM
Who's that? LOL I don't know where I first heard it first, but it sounded intimidating! :)

The story goes that Kruschev pounded a table and told Nixon "We will bury you." I doubt he had the guts to say that to Ike.

In the Nixon presidents library close to Los Angeles are statues of some formidible figures. Stalin is there and so is Kruschev. Short little farts. I thought Stalin was a lot larger man. He was a runt.

Mao was another runt.

jimnyc
01-29-2013, 04:43 PM
Well, you have called me grumpy, old fart, bastard and maybe dirt bag. Bob is what I am called. Works for me.

Come to think of it, I have not called you out for those other words. Robert works but Bobby is worse than you calling me asshole. LMAO :cool:

Can I just call you Francis? I like that name.

Robert A Whit
01-29-2013, 05:03 PM
Can I just call you Francis? I like that name.

Sure Francis. Since you like that name we will each call the other Francis.

tailfins
01-29-2013, 05:29 PM

How about Bobito? (That's Bobby Mexicanized)

ConHog
01-29-2013, 05:32 PM
Exactly. She says she is not a good debater. By his reply, looks to me like Conhog shares that trait with Gabby.

Unlike gabby I welcome a chance to smear the queer one on one.

Voted4Reagan
01-29-2013, 06:46 PM

Doesn't mean I can't claim it though. :cool:

The FART AND DART DODGE....

Gabby Chickens out again....

gabosaurus
01-29-2013, 07:11 PM

University of California at Berkeley.
I don't teach. I'm a counselor.
Nothing special about making honor lists. Lots of kids do it.
I have never stated that you were a bum, loser or dirtbag.

I don't understand why you feel a debate would release you from some sort of cyber purgatory. But if you wish to claim victory, go ahead. I willingly concede that there are better debaters than me. And I don't feel passionate enough on most subjects to prepare for an extended discussion.
Besides, winning a debate is subjective. Look at the presidential debates. Obama supporters felt he won every debate. Romney supporters felt he won every date. Who decides?

I just come here to express my opinions about things. It's not important for me to be right every time. I don't do dances if I make a good point and yell "YES! PWNED AGAIN!!"

Feel free to believe you have bested me in every category. Maybe it will make you feel like you are a better person. :cool:

MtnBiker
01-29-2013, 07:39 PM
Careful Jim, never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.

jimnyc
01-29-2013, 08:03 PM

I don't understand why you feel a debate would release you from some sort of cyber purgatory. But if you wish to claim victory, go ahead. I willingly concede that there are better debaters than me. And I don't feel passionate enough on most subjects to prepare for an extended discussion.
Besides, winning a debate is subjective. Look at the presidential debates. Obama supporters felt he won every debate. Romney supporters felt he won every date. Who decides?

I just come here to express my opinions about things. It's not important for me to be right every time. I don't do dances if I make a good point and yell "YES! PWNED AGAIN!!"

Feel free to believe you have bested me in every category. Maybe it will make you feel like you are a better person. :cool:

Whatever.

I had no desire to rub it in and all that other horseshit, that was to be funny, and to antagonize you into a debate. I simply wanted to prove that you are no better or no worse than anyone else here. I did better than I thought though, as I got you to admit as much without even having to start the debate.

ConHog
01-29-2013, 08:10 PM
Whatever.

I had no desire to rub it in and all that other horseshit, that was to be funny, and to antagonize you into a debate. I simply wanted to prove that you are no better or no worse than anyone else here. I did better than I thought though, as I got you to admit as much without even having to start the debate.

If you want a debate im your huckleberry

aboutime
01-29-2013, 08:10 PM
jim. This is how I see a debate with Gabby would come off...

http://youtu.be/UBHT1RiG5Zg

aboutime
01-29-2013, 08:12 PM

Sure thing gabby. If your words above were....HONEST. You would change those words shown under your name in every post.

"Smarter than you are?" You intimidate everyone who knows...those words are not TRUE, based on your reputation here, and proof, you have provided to the opposite.

Drummond
01-29-2013, 08:26 PM
This would be a lot more exciting if after agreeing on a topic yall defended the opposing view. LR and I talked about doing this in the past, but it never happened.

.. and what should be understood from this ?

That LR and yourself have privately agreed to take a mutually complementary stance for the sake of skewing a thread .. for the SAKE of it, instead of its being honest debate ?

So tell me. Have you two already put that tactic into action ? And with what hopes in mind as to its outcome ?

ConHog
01-29-2013, 08:30 PM

That LR and yourself have privately agreed to take a mutually complementary stance for the sake of skewing a thread .. for the SAKE of it, instead of its being honest debate ?

So tell me. Have you two already put that tactic into action ? And with what hopes in mind as to its outcome ?

No we havent done anything. Why you ask? Mental exercise

Robert A Whit
01-29-2013, 08:33 PM
Unlike gabby I welcome a chance to smear the queer one on one.

Hey posters, I know the deal, but this one I must reply to.

Ok, I would love to see you debate your brother.

Drummond
01-29-2013, 08:35 PM
No we havent done anything. Why you ask? Mental exercise

How about with any other contributors, then ?

It seems to me that what you described - if brought into being - would be subversion of honest debate. 'Rigging' thread discussions, under the guise of supposed spontaneity which actually aren't anything of the kind .. well, I wonder if it constitutes troll activity, if/when it ever occurs ?

ConHog
01-29-2013, 08:38 PM
How about with any other contributors, then ?

It seems to me that what you described - if brought into being - would be subversion of honest debate. 'Rigging' thread discussions, under the guise of supposed spontaneity which actually aren't anything of the kind .. well, I wonder if it constitutes troll activity, if/when it ever occurs ?

Not sure what youre driving at

Robert A Whit
01-29-2013, 08:39 PM
How about Bobito? (That's Bobby Mexicanized)

I had a hunch you might be a Mejicano. Actually they say Roberto. LMAO

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-29-2013, 08:53 PM

Interesting question... --:clap:--Tyr

Robert A Whit
01-29-2013, 08:53 PM

Hey Jim. CAL can be very tough. Talked to a lifelong frined of mine a few days back who lives in San Diego. Vernon was a very good student at our high school. Went to MIT. Graduated and spent his working life designing many various aircraft.

He was telling me how at MIT he had real trouble with Calculus. Came back to the Bay Area during his vacation and went to CAL to try to understand Calculus. He says at CAL it was a real bitch. When I took Calculus in college, we followed the same book as CAL used but I learned Calculus. He of course mastered it too.

Course she may have taken easy courses.

Drummond
01-29-2013, 08:54 PM
Not sure what youre driving at

Possibly a revealing choice of comment, ConHog ? You're .. 'not sure' ?

Where does the uncertainty come from ? I find your comment to be less than unequivocal ...

tailfins
01-29-2013, 10:07 PM
I had a hunch you might be a Mejicano. Actually they say Roberto. LMAO

Não meu filho, ou melhor dizer vovozinho, não sou Mexicano não. Se poder entender esta resposta, pelo menos iria saber a nacionalidade dos meus filhos. Nem tenta Google Translate, ele vai te falhar com tanta giria.

jimnyc
01-29-2013, 10:20 PM
Não meu filho, ou melhor dizer vovozinho, não sou Mexicano não. Se poder entender esta resposta, pelo menos iria saber a nacionalidade dos meus filhos. Nem tenta Google Translate, ele vai te falhar com tanta giria.

Green card, por favor?

tailfins
01-29-2013, 10:39 PM
Green card, por favor?

Here you go:

:mooning:

gabosaurus
01-29-2013, 11:06 PM
Course she may have taken easy courses.

I was a math major before I switched to education. I was a math minor. Never made a grade below a B in my life.

I am quite sure tailfins is in this country legally. Not so sure about his mail order bride. :p

ConHog
01-29-2013, 11:11 PM
Why did robert run when I challenged him? What a liberal coward.

logroller
01-29-2013, 11:20 PM
I'd love to see a dodgers debate: best Brooklyn team vs best LA team-- who'd win?

logroller
01-29-2013, 11:37 PM
Format: 9 posts each, one for each position.
Like a fantasy team-- each had to have played for the respective team: Brooklyn/LA.

ConHog
01-29-2013, 11:39 PM
Like a fantasy team-- each had to have played for the respective team: Brooklyn/LA.

Im down. Ill take la

gabosaurus
01-30-2013, 01:09 AM

Dang you guys for making me sit up and think about this! :slap:

My criteria is that player had to play his most productive years for the L.A. Dodgers, or at least five full seasons.

P -- Sandy Koufax
C -- John Roseboro
1B -- Steve Garvey
2B -- Steve Sax or Davey Lopes
SS -- Maury Wills
3B -- Ron Cey
OF -- Manny Mota, Willie Davis, Pedro Guerrero

Didn't look at any stats, so I could be leaving someone out.

Robert A Whit
01-30-2013, 01:12 AM

Well tall fins, maybe you are not a Mejicano after all.

LMAO

You may not be smart but you are funny. LOL

Let me guess. That is Porteguese? Don't worry, I plan to translate it.

I plan to laugh all night long.

Say, in your language, this is my reply.

Então, você não fala português. Reconheço algumas das palavras. Por que não falam Inglês desde que eu falava Inglês?

gabosaurus
01-30-2013, 01:14 AM
Go away, we are discussing serious baseball here!!

ConHog
01-30-2013, 01:19 AM
Well tall fins, maybe you are not a Mejicano after all.

LMAO

You may not be smart but you are funny. LOL

Let me guess. That is Porteguese? Don't worry, I plan to translate it.

I plan to laugh all night long.

Robert. Being told youre not smart by you is not nearly the insult you think it to be.

Do you acfept my challenge of one on one debate?

Robert A Whit
01-30-2013, 01:27 AM
Green card, por favor?

Ah heck, I told him this. LMAO

Então, você não fala português. Reconheço algumas das palavras. Por que não falam Inglês desde que eu falava Inglês?

Robert A Whit
01-30-2013, 01:41 AM
Go away, we are discussing serious baseball here!!

What you don't realize is that I once sponsored fast pitch softball and my team took 2nd in the USA.

I had a few professional players playing on my teams.

But as to talking about the Dodgers, not interested.

BTW, if you can locate the ASA rules book for 1978, you can find my photo with the best all time Women's fast pitch team called the Raybestos Brakettes.

Do you have your photo in any sports rule book?

LMAO

tailfins
01-30-2013, 10:45 AM
I was a math major before I switched to education. I was a math minor. Never made a grade below a B in my life.

I am quite sure tailfins is in this country legally. Not so sure about his mail order bride. :p

You're just p|$$ed off that men have an alternative to putting up with feminist horse $4it. Not mail order sweetie. All that is necessary to hang around a convenience store, church or even laundromat in a US neighborhood that has a culture that interests you. If a man wants to avoid Americanized women, avoid the ones that speak English. Character evaluation is a must. If she dutifully obeys her parents, that's a good sign, even better if her mom says it's time for her to find a good husband.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-30-2013, 11:28 AM
You're just p|$$ed off that men have an alternative to putting up with feminist horse $4it. Not mail order sweetie. All that is necessary to hang around a convenience store, church or even laundromat in a US neighborhood that has a culture that interests you. If a man wants to avoid Americanized women, avoid the ones that speak English. Character evaluation is a must. If she dutifully obeys her parents, that's a good sign, even better if her mom says it's time for her to find a good husband.

Gabby is like a lot of American women, jealous of American men that find good (foreign)women to marry.
The "mail order bride" comment is an insult. I went through far more justification and proof of a real relationship required by the legal immigration process than anything required when marrying another citizen here. Took much longer and had to be verified as a real relationship. Here you often see people getting married after a week of sex together. Yet marrying a lady from another country is criticized and ridiculed by ignorant and feebleminded people like Gabby!--Tyr

tailfins
01-30-2013, 11:32 AM
Gabby is like a lot of American women, jealous of American men that find good (foreign)women to marry.
The "mail order bride" comment is an insult. I went through far more justification and proof of a real relationship required by the legal immigration process than anything required when marrying another citizen here. Took much longer and had to be verified as a real relationship. Here you often see people getting married after a week of sex together. Yet marrying a lady from another country is criticized and ridiculed by ignorant and feebleminded people like Gabby!--Tyr

My wife was already in the US with a religious visa. Her parents were managing a Latino oriented city mission (Anglos were also welcome if they needed help). I guess I looked pretty good compared with the homeless guys walking into the mission.

ConHog
01-30-2013, 11:35 AM
My wife was already in the US with a religious visa. Her parents were managing a Latino city mission.

Nothing wrong with that at all. And a completely different situation than choosing a woman from out of a catalog and having her shipped her for your pleasure

I married a Latina as well. She was born in Arkansas to parents who legally immigrated her from Mexico before she was even conceived.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-30-2013, 11:40 AM
My wife was already in the US with a religious visa. Her parents were managing a Latino oriented city mission (Anglos were also welcome if they needed help). I guess I looked pretty good compared with the homeless guys walking into the mission.

You lucky devil, obviously you married up! ;)
Seriously you were very lucky not to have to go thru the full Monty of the legal immigration visa process.
I BET YOU VIEW YOUR DECISION TO MARRY YOUR LADY THE BEST ONE IN YOUR LIFE. I know I do with mine..
My wife wears glasses!-:laugh:--Tyr

tailfins
01-30-2013, 11:44 AM
Nothing wrong with that at all. And a completely different situation than choosing a woman from out of a catalog and having her shipped her for your pleasure

I married a Latina as well. She was born in Arkansas to parents who legally immigrated her from Mexico before she was even conceived.

Wow! Only someone who's desperate would marry someone born in Arkansas!

tailfins
01-30-2013, 11:45 AM
You lucky devil, obviously you married up! ;)
Seriously you were very lucky not to have to go thru the full Monty of the legal immigration visa process.
I BET YOU VIEW YOUR DECISION TO MARRY YOUR LADY THE BEST ONE IN YOUR LIFE. I know I do with mine..
My wife wears glasses!-:laugh:--Tyr

Glasses or Beer Goggles?

Little-Acorn
01-30-2013, 11:48 AM
I willingly concede that there are better debaters than me.

There are also people whose points of view are much closer to reality than yours. That is why they win debates over you, not because of some superior technique.

It's simply that they are right and you are wrong. That's a great advantage to have in a debate.

ConHog
01-30-2013, 11:48 AM
Wow! Only someone who's desperate would marry someone born in Arkansas!

I don't deny for one second that I was desperate to marry her from the moment I saw her.

I had been divorced for a long time and had no intentions of ever even getting into a serious relationship again. Then I went to a Razorback football game with some buddies and at the tailgate party before kickoff, there she was.

I seen her across the parking lot, and told my buddy I was gonna marry that girl one day , he laughed, and I headed towards her. She literally met me halfway and we've been together ever since.

Just had our second child together, and she pretty much became mom to the one I had from a previous marriage who's mom just left him when we got divorced.

tailfins
01-30-2013, 11:55 AM
There are also people whose points of view are much closer to reality than yours. That is why they win debates over you, not because of some superior technique.

It's simply that they are right and you are wrong. That's a great advantage to have in a debate.

There are those who could sell a dead horse. For example, it doesn't eat much.

gabosaurus
01-30-2013, 12:00 PM
OK dudes, I get your point. Some guys want an obedient, docile servant as a marital partner. Other guys (like my husband) wanted a wife they can share their life with.
My sister met a cute Latino guy when she was 15. Trouble is, he was an OG with a street gang. He was muscle, the guy who enforces deals. He was used to having his way with anyone. He fell in love with my sister because she was the first person (male or female) to stand up to him. They went separate ways for a while, then got back together and married when my sister was 23.
My sister is 5-2. He is 6-6, 250 pounds or so. They worship each other.

Can we get back to talking baseball now?

ConHog
01-30-2013, 12:04 PM
OK dudes, I get your point. Some guys want an obedient, docile servant as a marital partner. Other guys (like my husband) wanted a wife they can share their life with.
My sister met a cute Latino guy when she was 15. Trouble is, he was an OG with a street gang. He was muscle, the guy who enforces deals. He was used to having his way with anyone. He fell in love with my sister because she was the first person (male or female) to stand up to him. They went separate ways for a while, then got back together and married when my sister was 23.
My sister is 5-2. He is 6-6, 250 pounds or so. They worship each other.

Can we get back to talking baseball now?

No we need to stick to the topic of how desperate a guy needs to be to import a wife LOL , that's not the same as marrying a foreigner who is already here. That is hilarious 76 million women (give or take) in the US and some guy can't find a single one who can stand him so he has to resort to buying some foreign chick off with a promise of a visa? LOL hahahahaha

gabosaurus
01-30-2013, 12:07 PM
No we need to stick to the topic of how desperate a guy needs to be to import a wife LOL , that's not the same as marrying a foreigner who is already here. That is hilarious 76 million women (give or take) in the US and some guy can't find a single one who can stand him so he has to resort to buying some foreign chick off with a promise of a visa? LOL hahahahaha

To me, that is not the point. The issue here is a man wanting to find a woman who is willing to cook, clean and fetch his fuzzy slippers every night. The way things were a century ago.
Depends on whether you want to be a husband or a master.

ConHog
01-30-2013, 12:14 PM
To me, that is not the point. The issue here is a man wanting to find a woman who is willing to cook, clean and fetch his fuzzy slippers every night. The way things were a century ago.

Yes, I love men who treat their women like that and then gripe that they aren't getting enough sex or whatever LOL.

In a lot of way my marriage is old fashioned, I mean part of that is I'm older so she relies on me to know things she just hasn't experienced yet or what have you. But we are 100% partners.

I just happen to be the senior partner. :laugh:

I guess if you import a wife from Guatamala or whatever and she barely speaks English , and you have her Visa she's a lot easier to control LOL

tailfins
01-30-2013, 12:18 PM

It depends on whether you want some self-centered pain in the *** or a square deal. I am thankful for what I have every time I hear about a guy who came home to an empty house and a note. Or worse still, a guy served a no-contact order at work and suddenly has to hope he has enough funds to check into a hotel.

ConHog
01-30-2013, 12:20 PM
It depends on whether you want some self-centered pain in the *** or a square deal. I am thankful for what I have every time I hear about a guy who came home to an empty house and a note. Or worse still, a guy served a no-contact order at work and suddenly has to hope he has enough funds to check into a hotel.

man that's about marrying a quality person, not about marrying a woman with a mind of her own.

I honestly couldn't picture Gabby, or well most of the women on here, doing that to some guy.

gabosaurus
01-30-2013, 06:03 PM

Let's suppose, in your marriage, that you are the sole provider. Your wife (and any children) are completely dependent on you.
What happens if you decide that you are tired of your wife and family and want to run off with another woman. Perhaps one that is younger, more lively and more endowed.
What happens to your wife and family then?
It happens a lot more often than the woman leaving the man holding the bag.

There are a lot of successful and powerful men who treat their spouses like cars. When their car begins to show its age, they want to trade her in for a newer model with more under the hood and larger headlights. :p

Robert A Whit
01-30-2013, 06:19 PM

Speaking from experience, many women get all sorts of advice before pulling up stakes and ruining the marriage.

They find out how to drain the bank accounts.

YES, if SHE takes the family money, opens up her own account and shovels all the cash into that account, your lawyer will tell you that you are shit out of luck.

My first wife took all of the money in checking, all the money in savings and drained the corporate account. By the time i found out what she did, it was too damned late.

She also used our credit cards to fix up her boyfriends car, new tires, etc, and they took a vacation trip to AZ.

Fuck ... I woke up one day to get papers of a divorce and being broke what was I supposed to do to survive?

Wife 2 wanted her divorce. Recalling what Wife 1 did to me, I ran to the bank and transferred all funds.

She had wrote a check on that account and though I had closed it, my bank still paid that check and told me I was shit out of luck. I changed banks that moment.

BTW, I always paid the court ordered child support per her request promptly and at times advanced her several months of support since she did not believe in good money management.

tailfins
01-30-2013, 06:33 PM
Let's suppose, in your marriage, that you are the sole provider. Your wife (and any children) are completely dependent on you.
What happens if you decide that you are tired of your wife and family and want to run off with another woman. Perhaps one that is younger, more lively and more endowed.

There are a lot of successful and powerful men who treat their spouses like cars. When their car begins to show its age, they want to trade her in for a newer model with more under the hood and larger headlights. :p

My wife worries about me leaving her. The "other woman" is called biscuits an' gravy, barbecued ribs and feijoada. Hopefully my sons will be grown before that "other woman" sends the Grim Reaper to take me away.

aboutime
01-30-2013, 06:41 PM
My wife worries about me leaving her. The "other woman" is called biscuits an' gravy, barbecued ribs and feijoada. Hopefully my sons will be grown before that "other woman" sends the Grim Reaper to take me away.

Tailfins. In March. My wife and I will celebrate our 44th Wedding Anniversary.

Guess I should start looking for TWO 22 year old's before the Grim Reaper hits me too!

tailfins
01-30-2013, 06:45 PM
Tailfins. In March. My wife and I will celebrate our 44th Wedding Anniversary.

Guess I should start looking for TWO 22 year old's before the Grim Reaper hits me too!

If you found the two 22 year olds, what could you do with them? Dream? Viagra isn't recommended for men with deficient cardio-vascular or pulmonary systems.

ConHog
01-30-2013, 06:52 PM
Speaking from experience, many women get all sorts of advice before pulling up stakes and ruining the marriage.

They find out how to drain the bank accounts.

YES, if SHE takes the family money, opens up her own account and shovels all the cash into that account, your lawyer will tell you that you are shit out of luck.

My first wife took all of the money in checking, all the money in savings and drained the corporate account. By the time i found out what she did, it was too damned late.

She also used our credit cards to fix up her boyfriends car, new tires, etc, and they took a vacation trip to AZ.

Fuck ... I woke up one day to get papers of a divorce and being broke what was I supposed to do to survive?

Wife 2 wanted her divorce. Recalling what Wife 1 did to me, I ran to the bank and transferred all funds.

She had wrote a check on that account and though I had closed it, my bank still paid that check and told me I was shit out of luck. I changed banks that moment.

BTW, I always paid the court ordered child support per her request promptly and at times advanced her several months of support since she did not believe in good money management.

So is this why you hate women or did you already hate women and thats why they left? Chicken and egg I suppose

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-30-2013, 07:03 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by ConHog http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=613037#post613037)

I tell you what Conhog you little weasel, anytime you want to make such an accusation to my face you man up punk and send me a pm asking for directions you coward!!
And don't play your innocent act and pretend that wasn't intended for me. You are without any doubt the lying-est , biggest damn coward on the internet you punk..-Tyr

tailfins
01-30-2013, 07:07 PM
I tell you what Conhog you little weasel, anytime you want to make such an accusation to my face you man up punk and send me a pm asking for directions you coward!!
And don't play your innocent act and pretend that wasn't intended for me. You are without any doubt the lying-est , biggest damn coward on the internet you punk..-Tyr

Of course it was meant for you. I wish I had taken bets on whether you would take the bait or not. You have to admit, he didn't SPECIFICALLY refer to your family and technically didn't break the board rules. That's pretty slick if you ask me. It did however take you over 7 hours to catch it. Pretty slow if you ask me.

ConHog
01-30-2013, 07:12 PM
What happens if you decide that you are tired of your wife and family and want to run off with an

other woman. Perhaps one that is younger, more lively and more endowed.

Well thats why you buy one from overseas. When youre done with her you just ship her back to whatever shit hole she came from and get a new one.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-30-2013, 07:15 PM

Of course it was meant for you. I wish I had taken bets on whether you would take the bait or not. You have to admit, he didn't SPECIFICALLY refer to your family and technically didn't break the board rules. That's pretty slick if you ask me. It did however take you over 7 hours to catch it. Pretty slow if you ask me.

Well, I have been busy and just logged on. No its not slick its a cowardly way of acting but then again he is a ffing coward and sorry piece of trash.. Want to take a bet on if he accepts my offer I just posted down in the cage?? I live in the same state he does so lets see how brave the ffing punk is..
He can man up but he knows I am not a lying piece of shit like him and his - "took a bullet for a little girl"!
Lets see if he wants to say that to my face like a man or be the little bitch that he is.. -Tyr

Voted4Reagan
01-30-2013, 07:37 PM
Dang you guys for making me sit up and think about this! :slap:

My criteria is that player had to play his most productive years for the L.A. Dodgers, or at least five full seasons.

P -- Sandy Koufax
C -- John Roseboro
1B -- Steve Garvey
2B -- Steve Sax or Davey Lopes
SS -- Maury Wills
3B -- Ron Cey
OF -- Manny Mota, Willie Davis, Pedro Guerrero

Didn't look at any stats, so I could be leaving someone out.

The whole list gabby gave is invalid... based on one thing

She put down Steve Sax and Davey Lopes.... (2b)

an left Jackie Robinson off the list entirely....

Certainly not smarter in her knowledge of baseball...

ConHog
01-30-2013, 07:46 PM
The whole list gabby gave is invalid... based on one thing

She put down Steve Sax and Davey Lopes.... (2b)

an left Jackie Robinson off the list entirely....

Certainly not smarter in her knowledge of baseball...

Id hqve included jackie robinson as well

Robert A Whit
01-30-2013, 07:48 PM
The well known shit stirrer said this to me.

So is this why you hate women or did you already hate women and thats why they left? Chicken and egg I suppose

1. I don't hate womem.
2. I never hated women.
3. They left for two different reasons.

But all you whine is ....

Why won't you debate me????

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I want you to debate me...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Meet me in the Cage you say

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Are you getting it yet, shit stirrer?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-30-2013, 07:50 PM
Well thats why you buy one from overseas. When youre done with her you just ship her back to whatever shit hole she came from and get a new one.

Are you talking about tailfin-s wife??--Tyr

tailfins
01-30-2013, 07:51 PM
Well, I have been busy and just logged on. No its not slick its a cowardly way of acting but then again he is a ffing coward and sorry piece of trash.. Want to take a bet on if he accepts my offer I just posted down in the cage?? I live in the same state he does so lets see how brave the ffing punk is..
He can man up but he knows I am not a lying piece of shit like him and his - "took a bullet for a little girl"!
Lets see if he wants to say that to my face like a man or be the little bitch that he is.. -Tyr

If he were a total butthole, he would give you those directions and wave with a laugh as you go off in the distance in the back of a squad car. Are you really that much of a Marty McFly? EVEN IF someone had a mail order bride, WHAT'S WRONG WITH IT? There are women willing to be a bonafide wife in exchange for coming to the USA. I know a few who did and don't think one iota less of them for it. In Brazil single moms are considered garbage. I don't blame them for making a lonely American farmer happy where she won't be considered garbage.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-30-2013, 07:56 PM
If he were a total butthole, he would give you those directions and wave with a laugh as you go off in the distance in the back of a squad car. Are you really that much of a Marty McFly? EVEN IF someone had a mail order bride, WHAT'S WRONG WITH IT? There are women willing to be a bonafide wife in exchange for coming to the USA. I know a few who did and don't think one iota less of them for it. In Brazil single moms are considered garbage. I don't blame them for making a lonely American farmer happy where she won't be considered garbage.

I didnt ask for directions I told him if he wanted to say that to my face he should ask me for directions and I'd gladly give them, we live in the same state !
My wife was not a single mom, damn sure wasnt selling herself for a visa!
There are no such thing as mail order brides in America.
And he was clear to exclude you but your wife was here on a visa as you stated and I replied to that. -Tyr

jimnyc
01-30-2013, 07:59 PM
I'd like to see this issue calmly discussed between the 2 and hashed out. Tyr thinks comments were directed about his wife. CH says otherwise. Can you guys TRY to figure out WTH happened here? I wasn't around and once again came back to a shitstorm, and I really can't see WTF happened.

tailfins
01-30-2013, 08:01 PM
Are you talking about tailfin-s wife??--Tyr

He was talking about you after you ran out of sisters who would put up with you!

ConHog
01-30-2013, 08:02 PM
I'd like to see this issue calmly discussed between the 2 and hashed out. Tyr thinks comments were directed about his wife. CH says otherwise. Can you guys TRY to figure out WTH happened here? I wasn't around and once again came back to a shitstorm, and I really can't see WTF happened.

Tyr seen something that wasnt there and made a threat simple as that.

He can prove I mentioned his wife or kiss my ass.

ConHog
01-30-2013, 08:03 PM
He was talking about you after you ran out of sisters who would put up with you!

Tyr like black women? Thats cool I like em browm myself.

Kathianne
01-30-2013, 08:03 PM

Seems family too, no? Really want to go there?

ConHog
01-30-2013, 08:05 PM

He meant black women

tailfins
01-30-2013, 08:06 PM

He started it. I get to finish it! HAW!! HAW!!HAW!!HAW!!HAW!!HAW!! If the mods want to know. It's OK NOT to delete what he said about my wife. I do want to get my licks in, though.

tailfins
01-30-2013, 08:09 PM
Tyr seen something that wasnt there and made a threat simple as that.

He can prove I mentioned his wife or kiss my ass.

ConHog, you're being too cute by half. You were yankin' is chain. Man up.

Abbey Marie
01-30-2013, 08:38 PM
Another screwed up thread, with the usual suspects in plain sight. Who'd have guessed?