PDA

View Full Version : Ode to John Kerry

Robert A Whit
01-29-2013, 09:54 PM
DON GILLELAND
GUEST COLUMNIST

Disappointing hearing
Kerry not a good choice for secretary of state

But for the Naval Swift Boat Sailors Association, Sen. John Kerry might have become president of the United States in 2004. Now it appears he is going to become secretary of state.
The Senate virtually rubberstamped his nomination, which I’m sure was a huge disappointment to a great many veterans of the Vietnam War.
Even the GOP granted him a pass, without even referring to the most contentious part of his career. Doesn’t anyone remember his congressional testimony in 1971? While Kerry is considered to be a foreign policy expert, his opposition to the Vietnam War and related congressional testimony in 1971 should have been enough to at least question his qualification for this critical position. During his 1971 testimony, he demonized the 2.5 million Americans who served in that war.
Someone should have reminded members of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, as well as the American public, that Kerry accused almost all American soldiers serving in Vietnam of committing the most heinous war crimes imaginable.
When our gallant military men and women returned home from that unpopular war, they were harassed at airports, spit upon and called vile names.
Now, nearly 40 years after Vietnam, for many, if not most Americans, the Vietnam War is a dim memory. However, some 700 American POWs who languished in stinking cells in what was euphemistically called the Hanoi Hilton will never forget the way Kerry besmirched their honor and demeaned their valor.
For many of our POWs, their time in that hellhole was prolonged because of the likes of Kerry and other anti-war activists. Many POWs suffered prolonged brutality and degradation as a consequence of antiwar activists’ propaganda, which the North Vietnamese made the POWs listen to.
Kerry has spent the last 40 years burying that shameful attempt to demean our military under a spectacular effort to build a laudatory political career. Just as Sen. Ted Kennedy spent years successfully overcoming the reputation that followed him after Chappaquiddick, Kerry may well overcome the stigma of his 1971 testimony, but the military community will not soon forget the denigrating things he said about them.
It is difficult to believe Sen. John McCain considers Kerry to be his friend, since McCain spent more than five years in a North Vietnamese prison.
I suspect the reason the GOP went so easy on Kerry was because they used up so much capital dislodging Ambassador Susan Rice’s secretary of state nomination and still need to derail the nomination of former Republican Sen. Chuck Hagel for secretary of defense.
But Congress and the American public should have been reminded that all was not well in the life of Sen. John Kerry, and he is not a good choice for that powerful position.
Gilleland served in Vietnam with the Joint Casualty Resolution Center. He is retired and lives in Suntree.

gabosaurus
01-29-2013, 11:10 PM
Kerry was denied the presidency because of a trail of lies left by the Swift Boaters.
But it worked out in the end. Kerry's loss in 2004 led to Obama winning in 2008.
More proof that cheaters never prosper. :laugh:

Robert A Whit
01-30-2013, 01:08 AM
Kerry was denied the presidency because of a trail of lies left by the Swift Boaters.
But it worked out in the end. Kerry's loss in 2004 led to Obama winning in 2008.

Who knew both Kerry and his duties, or perhaps only knew his duties, that supported him?

I recall one day during my showing a client homes, I saw on a sellers wall, awards and photos proving he was in Vietnam and was on Swift boats.

I mentioned Kerry to him and he was very angry at Kerry.

Yoy have no military experience. While some former military guys support Kerry, no doubt he called in his chips and they were only Democrats.

Kerry's reputation got around because where there was smoke, there was a lot of flames.

I worked a lot with Army Officers. I saw a couple of chicken shits. I view Kerry that way.

Why?

The man got himself assigned to what he saw as safe duty, and he no sooner got there and it suddenly got dangerous. He planned to coast and get command.

No, the reports are clear. He faked injuries for one reason. To get a free ride home and out of that war.

Obama got elected because far too many people have Gimme tattood on their face. They saw one thing in the mirror. GIMME.

I understand as a former Democrat that your duty, as was mine, to put shoe shine on all Democrats and tar on any and all Republicans. I did it for many years.

But I learned.

I changed.

You are well educated. If you want, I can refer you to some education that you also may find it wise to jump off that ship.

Kerry lost because a lot of we Military types saw through him.

And as to Obama, I see him the same way you would se me if somebody told you that UC BErkeley wanted me to run the university.

A stupid idea.

Democrats had they put up Gov. Richardson at least would have put up a man with experience and integrity.

End of story. Thanks.

gabosaurus
01-30-2013, 01:13 AM
If military incompetence bothers you, why did you vote for John McCain? He was a traitor to his country through his cooperation with the enemy.

Robert A Whit
01-30-2013, 01:47 AM
If military incompetence bothers you, why did you vote for John McCain? He was a traitor to his country through his cooperation with the enemy.

Seems if that is true Kerry would have made it an issue.

I voted for McCain because Romney had been weeded out.

red states rule
01-30-2013, 04:52 AM

No Gabby, John lost because he was a flip flopper, a lousy candidate, used his service in Viet Nam as a crutch, and was busted in many lies (some here would call them embellishments) about his war record. But I do wonder if he ever paid those taxes on his yacht he was trying to weasel out of
Sen. John Kerry, who has repeatedly voted to raise taxes while in Congress, dodged a whopping six-figure state tax bill on his new multimillion-dollar yacht by mooring her in Newport, R.I.Isabel - Kerry’s luxe, 76-foot New Zealand-built Friendship sloop with an Edwardian-style, glossy varnished teak interior, two VIP main cabins and a pilothouse fitted with a wet bar and cold wine storage - was designed by Rhode Island boat designer Ted Fontaine. http://bostonherald.com/comments/1269698

darin
01-30-2013, 06:22 AM

My first thought was to reply with "Fuck off, bitch"

Look - you are obviously broken inside. If your stupidity and evil-minded attacks are a game, you are broken mentally. If this is the real you, you are broken, too.

red states rule
01-31-2013, 02:57 AM
http://www.politifake.org/image/political/small/1201/john-kerry-receives-4th-purple-heart-kerry-botox-democrat-pu-politics-1327538755.jpg