PDA

View Full Version : Ethics-- Honor..

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-30-2013, 11:23 PM
On ethics..

Honor--

http://www.customwritings.com/blog/sample-essays/essay-honor.html

Essay on Honor (http://www.customwritings.com/blog/sample-essays/essay-honor.html)Published by admin (http://www.customwritings.com/blog/author/admin) at 3:05 am under Sample Essays (http://www.customwritings.com/blog/category/sample-essays)

Honor is defined as esteem paid to worth and is associated with reverence, dignity, distinction, reputation, good name and a good sense of what is right, just, and true. The key part to honor is having respect for others and for yourself, the two must act together because with out both you have nothing. I strongly believe that reputation is hard to gain and easily lost. A speaker once said, “Every day thousands of planes fly somewhere and there is never any news or headlines about a successful landing, however when one crashes it is all over the news.” This fact reminds me of honor in that you must maintain honor because one infraction will result in the forfeiture of ones honor and in a sense will be headlines, and if not to others definitely oneself.
“Honor is like a rugged island without a shore, once you have left it, you cannot return.” Honor is something in which is not obtained and sustained easily. One must have patience and study to become a person of integrity and goodwill. Honor is an everyday thing; obstacles trying to deter one from being honorable lay in life’s everyday path. Perseverance is a key to honor; one must fight the constant impeding objects in order to maintain the highest level of honor. An island is often looked at as something isolated and secluded yet has a certain mystique about it. Honor is much like an island in this sense.
A test of all will power living with honor will not always be the most popular route and possibly could cause short- term alienation. Honor must come from inside and be unable to be swayed by minor factors. The shore is a place, which represents compromise. Honor has no room for compromising in no way is it a partial way of life, it cannot be turned off and on when desired. People often see honor as something malleable yet it is not one cannot pretend to be honorable in certain environments and not in others. An absolute way of life, honor is like a pass or fail course, there is no in between. The shore is a place of change, for instance if one stays on the shore he/she will drown at high tide, the shore is not an option. The last part of the quote from Satires is the most important of all the aspects. Honor does not have three strikes and you’re out or nine lives policy, everybody is given one chance and if that person chooses to invalidate their honor it is lost. Honor does not have a series of choices. I see honor much in the way of a quote by well known American author Gore Vidal, “One is sorry one could not have taken both branches of the road. But we were not allotted multiple selves.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is true... Honor , either you have it or you don't!!!
Some not only do not have even a shred of it but will never ever have a shred of it!
Such people are like fleas on a dog's rump IMHO.
They cause a damn lot of irritation and pain but serve no good purpose.
Usually they can not even spell honor , let alone exhibit it for others to emulate!
As I tried to point out in my -Stolen Valor - thread, HONOR and the sacrifice of those that upheld it to such a high degree, giving up their lives to defend others should be defended by we that received the gift that such people gave!
Some had no clue and belittled the principle but they only made fools out of themselves for not even being able to see the foundation preferring instead to go off on silly little tangents about other things IMHO.. -Tyr

Drummond
02-01-2013, 08:43 PM
On ethics..

Honor--

Essay on Honor (http://www.customwritings.com/blog/sample-essays/essay-honor.html)

Published by admin (http://www.customwritings.com/blog/author/admin) at 3:05 am under Sample Essays (http://www.customwritings.com/blog/category/sample-essays)

Honor is defined as esteem paid to worth and is associated with reverence, dignity, distinction, reputation, good name and a good sense of what is right, just, and true. The key part to honor is having respect for others and for yourself, the two must act together because with out both you have nothing. I strongly believe that reputation is hard to gain and easily lost. A speaker once said, “Every day thousands of planes fly somewhere and there is never any news or headlines about a successful landing, however when one crashes it is all over the news.” This fact reminds me of honor in that you must maintain honor because one infraction will result in the forfeiture of ones honor and in a sense will be headlines, and if not to others definitely oneself.
“Honor is like a rugged island without a shore, once you have left it, you cannot return.” Honor is something in which is not obtained and sustained easily. One must have patience and study to become a person of integrity and goodwill. Honor is an everyday thing; obstacles trying to deter one from being honorable lay in life’s everyday path. Perseverance is a key to honor; one must fight the constant impeding objects in order to maintain the highest level of honor. An island is often looked at as something isolated and secluded yet has a certain mystique about it. Honor is much like an island in this sense.
A test of all will power living with honor will not always be the most popular route and possibly could cause short- term alienation. Honor must come from inside and be unable to be swayed by minor factors. The shore is a place, which represents compromise. Honor has no room for compromising in no way is it a partial way of life, it cannot be turned off and on when desired. People often see honor as something malleable yet it is not one cannot pretend to be honorable in certain environments and not in others. An absolute way of life, honor is like a pass or fail course, there is no in between. The shore is a place of change, for instance if one stays on the shore he/she will drown at high tide, the shore is not an option. The last part of the quote from Satires is the most important of all the aspects. Honor does not have three strikes and you’re out or nine lives policy, everybody is given one chance and if that person chooses to invalidate their honor it is lost. Honor does not have a series of choices. I see honor much in the way of a quote by well known American author Gore Vidal, “One is sorry one could not have taken both branches of the road. But we were not allotted multiple selves.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some not only do not have even a shred of it but will never ever have a shred of it!
Usually they can not even spell honor , let alone exhibit it for others to emulate!
As I tried to point out in my -Stolen Valor - thread, HONOR and the sacrifice of those that upheld it to such a high degree, giving up their lives to defend others should be defended by we that received the gift that such people gave!
Some had no clue and belittled the principle but they only made fools out of themselves for not even being able to see the foundation preferring instead to go off on silly little tangents about other things IMHO.. -Tyr

:clap::clap::clap:

Excellent thread, Tyr. Also ... I see it's quite a 'quiet' one, at least for now ...

Any passing Lefties care to offer some comments ? How about a passing Hamas supporter ?

... No ?

taft2012
02-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Usually they can not even spell honor

Drummond spells it "honour".

What does that say about him?:laugh2:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-01-2013, 09:00 PM

uhh, says he is a Brit and speaks/spells in the King's proper English.. ;)
Quite unlike we heathen ex-colonists..... :laugh2:-Tyr

aboutime
02-01-2013, 09:04 PM

It doesn't matter how those who live by it, follow it, demonstrate it...spell it.

Those who have it, have no need to explain it, make excuses for it, or explain what it means to those who have neither.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-01-2013, 09:07 PM
:clap::clap::clap:

Excellent thread, Tyr. Also ... I see it's quite a 'quiet' one, at least for now ...

Any passing Lefties care to offer some comments ? How about a passing Hamas supporter ?

... No ?

The Hamas supporter , WOULD HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM EVEN SPELLING HONOR.
AFTER ALL HE SUPPORTS HAMAS!!
I'd like to see him try to equate that to having honor!
Support any terrorist or terrorist entities that deliberately target / murder innocent women and children and honor is not present... --Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-01-2013, 09:10 PM
It doesn't matter how those who live by it, follow it, demonstrate it...spell it.

Those who have it, have no need to explain it, make excuses for it, or explain what it means to those who have neither.

The opposition remain like crickets in the wintertime here now.
Subject must be taboo to them . :laugh2:

Drummond
02-01-2013, 09:11 PM

... er'm, .... :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-01-2013, 09:16 PM
... er'm, .... :laugh:

Yep, he got ya D...:laugh:.
DAMN, WISH I HAD THOUGHT OF IT....-TYR

Drummond
02-02-2013, 07:34 PM
It's as though Lefties are allergic to posting here ! Can't ONE address the subject ?

... stupid question ...

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-02-2013, 08:09 PM
It's as though Lefties are allergic to posting here ! Can't ONE address the subject ?

... stupid question ...

Like a cross to a vampire...
Gabby is just about the only openly admitted lefty here it seems and even she does not venture in to post a hit and run foray..-Tyr

Voted4Reagan
02-02-2013, 08:23 PM
The Hamas supporter , WOULD HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM EVEN SPELLING HONOR.
AFTER ALL HE SUPPORTS HAMAS!!
I'd like to see him try to equate that to having honor!
Support any terrorist or terrorist entities that deliberately target / murder innocent women and children and honor is not present... --Tyr

For a HAMAS SUPPORTER the word HONOR is usually immediately followed by the word KILLING

Robert A Whit
02-02-2013, 08:32 PM
On ethics..

Honor--

Essay on Honor (http://www.customwritings.com/blog/sample-essays/essay-honor.html)

Published by admin (http://www.customwritings.com/blog/author/admin) at 3:05 am under Sample Essays (http://www.customwritings.com/blog/category/sample-essays)

I hope I am wrong, but that to me looks like a writing mill for the benefit of students who will then use the writers work as if it is their own work.

Funny they speak of honor.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-02-2013, 08:55 PM
I hope I am wrong, but that to me looks like a writing mill for the benefit of students who will then use the writers work as if it is their own work.

Funny they speak of honor.

Content of the post my friend. The content of the sample was all I wanted to use. I listed the source just as I found it.
A liar, fool or evil man may quote the bible and if he does so word for word with no attempt at spin or misrepresentation what does one have except a reading of the bible?

Want me to compose one myself , I can but folks here take high stock in linked sources and material.
I found that and used it. It was a bit more general than I myself would have written but still is a good one.
Did you find it not to be so?

My dad taught me that one's honor is more important than one's life. You live and die but if you maintained your honor your life was not wasted and more importantly by doing so you enriched the lives of others! That was more important than the pleasures you gained in life. I've been a sinner , even a bad man in my youth but never have I lost my honor. Sinning in itself is not an act of being dishonorable. It can be but usually is just yeilding to weakness. -Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-02-2013, 08:58 PM
For a HAMAS SUPPORTER the word HONOR is usually immediately followed by the word KILLING

You have a point, it is with them like , milk and cereal is with us!! -Tyr