PDA

View Full Version : 8 yr. old fights off kidnapper using her new spiked shoes...

Marcus Aurelius
02-01-2013, 04:48 PM
Video at linked page.

http://www.aol.com/video/girl-credits-spiked-shoes-after-fighting-off-attacker-in-hamilton-ohio/517660113/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000058?test=latestnews&ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000058

Doesn't she know she could have seriously injured her attacker? Those shoes should be banned, or the number of spikes limited, so as not to cause bodily harm to potential rapists or kidnappers.

Abbey Marie
02-01-2013, 04:56 PM
WTG, girl! And Mom for teaching her what to do.

I'll bet with that van description, they catch this pervert.

Marcus Aurelius
02-01-2013, 04:57 PM
WTG, girl! And Mom for teaching her what to do.

I'll bet with that van description, they catch this pervert.

one would hope

gabosaurus
02-01-2013, 05:58 PM
I think all young girls should learn what is known as "street defense." You learn the weaknesses and soft spots of your attacker and ways to fend off an attack.
First and foremost is what to do if attacked. If someone overpowers you, first thing you do is go totally limp. Or pretend to faint. Otherwise, you bite, claw, spit, kick or just scream bloody murder. An attacker may show a knife or gun, but most kidnappers want their prey alive. Kicking anyone just under the kneecaps will demobilize them. Same thing if you kick a guy in the balls. Delivering a hard blow just to the left or right of the breastbone can induce chest pain. The same force in either temple (just above the ear lobe) can knock someone out.
My daughter wears steel toed shoes (less conspicuous than spiked shoes) and also has a cute looking emerald ring. If the cap of the ring is flipped up, it reveals a sharp tip.

The guys who taught my daughter this course told me that they have been sued a few times. One mother had a 17-year-old son who had grabbed a young girl from behind (by "mistake," of course), only to have his eye partially gouged out and his temple slapped hard enough to deliver a concussion. None have been successful.

bingster
02-02-2013, 06:32 PM
Video at linked page.

http://www.aol.com/video/girl-credits-spiked-shoes-after-fighting-off-attacker-in-hamilton-ohio/517660113/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000058?test=latestnews&ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000058

Doesn't she know she could have seriously injured her attacker? Those shoes should be banned, or the number of spikes limited, so as not to cause bodily harm to potential rapists or kidnappers.

As long as she went through a background check, I'm fine with them.

Robert A Whit
02-02-2013, 06:42 PM
As long as she went through a background check, I'm fine with them.

By whom?

Do the words

OF THE PEOPLE
BY THE PEOPLE
FOR THE PEOPLE

mean a damned thing to you?

You constantly call for the government to overpower the people.

There is no reason to have a government that spends its day overpowering the people.

bingster
02-03-2013, 12:06 PM
By whom?

Do the words

OF THE PEOPLE
BY THE PEOPLE
FOR THE PEOPLE

mean a damned thing to you?

You constantly call for the government to overpower the people.

There is no reason to have a government that spends its day overpowering the people.

I was kidding, do you have a sense of humor?