PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari or Lamborghini

Robert A Whit
02-01-2013, 05:46 PM
Two times in the past month, Justin Biebers Ferrari has made the news.

Seems the young man lends it out. This time the male driver accompanied by a woman was handcuffed and put into a patrol car.

I believe Bieber is not 21.

I drove both a Ferrari and a Lamborghini on the same day. They were loaned to me by the same adult.

I will say that of the two cars I drove, the one that really stomed up the road was the Lamborghini.

Question for the forum.

What adult would allow a teen boy to own and drive a Ferrari like Biebers knowing that boys and even some men (Grin) drive such cars hard.

I drove the Lamborghini up to about 140 mph. Since I have driven race cars in the past, it was safer for me than say grandma.

But if you were super rich, would you let your son own and drive such a fast car?

This Lamborghini was able to hit 195 mph I was told at the time.

I was able to rev the engine up to about 11,000 rpms. It was a V-12. It was able to really stick to the roads too.

I can't imagine the cost to insure one of those.

Any of you people ever drive one of those super fast cars?

Marcus Aurelius
02-01-2013, 05:51 PM
He's 18, so he can drive whatever he wants.

Insurance would start around $2,000/month, and go up from there.

Robert A Whit
02-01-2013, 06:16 PM
He's 18, so he can drive whatever he wants.

Insurance would start around $2,000/month, and go up from there.

I suppose so. But are you saying were you rich, your son would drive what amounts to a rocket?

When I drove that car up to about 140, it took a very short distance to hit that speed then slow it back down to maybe 30 mph.

I am not defending driving that fast either. When one drives one of those, the urge for speed is powerful.

Matter of fact, I returned the car telling the guy that it was not practicle for ordinary driving. Way too fast. Super acceleration.