PDA

View Full Version : Negro apartment ... can you tell?

Robert A Whit
02-01-2013, 10:53 PM
Double click photo

Marcus Aurelius
02-01-2013, 11:31 PM
???

No idea what you are trying to say here. Please.. clarify.

gabosaurus
02-01-2013, 11:57 PM
Robert, are you off your senility meds again?
Otherwise, you are better off posting that on the Stormfront board. Where I am sure you are a valued member.

jimnyc
02-02-2013, 08:28 AM
negro apartment? How so? Looks like the apartment my friend used to live in, in Deal, NJ. That looks like the back, while the front was a storefront, and he lived above it. Are you a card carrying member of the KKK, Robert? Or is that maybe an old apartment of yours? Did you used to be a negro at one time?

"I was born a poor black child" - Steve Martin in "The Jerk"

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-02-2013, 08:47 AM
negro apartment? How so? Looks like the apartment my friend used to live in, in Deal, NJ. That looks like the back, while the front was a storefront, and he lived above it. Are you a card carrying member of the KKK, Robert? Or is that maybe an old apartment of yours? Did you used to be a negro at one time?

I am going to hazard a guess that is his apartment and he was being funny.. Often doesn't translate well on the internet..--Tyr

taft2012
02-02-2013, 09:24 AM
And just yesterday he posted photos of himself touring old Third Reich sites.

Still, variety is good on a forum.

jimnyc
02-02-2013, 09:25 AM
I am going to hazard a guess that is his apartment and he was being funny.. Often doesn't translate well on the internet..--Tyr

Oh man, you should see my pad when I lived alone. The outside was a beautiful high rise building. But the inside, the only reference to "negro" might have been the resemblance to Sanford and Son!! LOL I'm what you would call an organized slob. While it may look congested and need a cleaning, I knew where everything was. Now, in my house, where my computer room is, and me and my dogs stay - my wife refers to it all as a "bacterial cesspool". :)

For a "real negro apartment", you would need to visit where I used to go camping in Pennsylvania. Along this one road were about 7 of these "shacks", for lack of a better word. Myself and a couple of 8 year olds could probably build better homes in less than a day. No plumbing. No electricity. Yards are basically miniature junkyards. I don't scoff at them, I feel bad for them. I don't know them, so I have no idea what caused them to be in such a predicament. But damn, the Amish folk who deny the luxuries in life lived better than those on this road. I hate to call them "negro apartments", but they are all black folk living in them. And they've been there for YEARS. These things are so ugly and so dirty and so hazardous, that you would likely get arrested in these parts for trying to live in such a place. But I bet they live better than your average homeless folk in the big cities.

gabosaurus
02-02-2013, 11:40 AM
De Camptown Ladies sing this song, doo dah...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L7QF32mxftE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-02-2013, 02:26 PM
Oh man, you should see my pad when I lived alone. The outside was a beautiful high rise building. But the inside, the only reference to "negro" might have been the resemblance to Sanford and Son!! LOL I'm what you would call an organized slob. While it may look congested and need a cleaning, I knew where everything was. Now, in my house, where my computer room is, and me and my dogs stay - my wife refers to it all as a "bacterial cesspool". :)

For a "real negro apartment", you would need to visit where I used to go camping in Pennsylvania. Along this one road were about 7 of these "shacks", for lack of a better word. Myself and a couple of 8 year olds could probably build better homes in less than a day. No plumbing. No electricity. Yards are basically miniature junkyards. I don't scoff at them, I feel bad for them. I don't know them, so I have no idea what caused them to be in such a predicament. But damn, the Amish folk who deny the luxuries in life lived better than those on this road. I hate to call them "negro apartments", but they are all black folk living in them. And they've been there for YEARS. These things are so ugly and so dirty and so hazardous, that you would likely get arrested in these parts for trying to live in such a place. But I bet they live better than your average homeless folk in the big cities.

After my first divorce only apartment in the city limits that I could find was a real dump. I lived there about 5 months before finding a good small house to rent. Last couple months was pure hell. They would come to bug spray the adjoining apartments and the damn roaches just migrated out of those apartments on each side of mine right into mine. I went from one day not a single pest to about a 100,000 the next day. I can only imagine what those apartments looked like on the inside! I bought my house I am in now back in March of 1993.
Just shy of 20 years and never seen even one roach here. Have had to buy spray to get rid of ants about 3 times.
I simply can not abide a nasty home. My wife is naturally a cleaning freak, so she keeps it spotless. And I learned quickly that a bath towel does not go on the damn floor!! :laugh:-Tyr

aboutime
02-02-2013, 04:23 PM
It appears, and sounds like a member...who shall remain nameless, in order to prevent my being accused of labeling him in any way. Has earned the Saturday award. The first award in many weeks, here on Debatepolicy.

Many members may agree with this award. And I will just leave it at that.....4461 or 4462. Both work.

Robert A Whit
02-02-2013, 08:44 PM
???

No idea what you are trying to say here. Please.. clarify.

Double click the building. Most of similar buildings in this city are in top condition.

Robert A Whit
02-02-2013, 08:46 PM
Otherwise, you are better off posting that on the Stormfront board. Where I am sure you are a valued member.

I had no idea you were this prejudiced.

Robert A Whit
02-02-2013, 08:50 PM

Well, maybe I am wrong and the only reason the cops hang out there is to bust guys like you are. Ya think? But I only see negros there. And god damn, they are sure a loud bunch.

Nope, never been in the KKK nor would I ever belong. I never owned that apartment.

Maybe I am a white negro. Ever think of that? Me and Steve Martin make quite the pair.

Oh Jim, one more thing. A negro living there and I have shared good times talking about serving in the Army in Schweinfurt. He loves to see my photos of posts we both served at. Good guy.

Robert A Whit
02-02-2013, 08:56 PM
Please take note that at the bottom right, you see a photo title. Title followed by .jpg.

What is the title of that photo? That title was on that photo well before I posted her for the first time. Guess why?

Robert A Whit
02-02-2013, 08:57 PM

I never heard of your board till you mentioned it. Do they realize how you are?

Anton Chigurh
02-02-2013, 09:01 PM
A negro living there and I have shared good times talking about serving in the Army in Schweinfurt. He loves to see my photos of posts we both served at. Good guy."I'm not a racist, I have negro friends."

Robert A Whit
02-02-2013, 09:05 PM
And just yesterday he posted photos of himself touring old Third Reich sites.

Still, variety is good on a forum.

Well, the good old Army assigned me to Germany and since that country if full of such sites, what did you think i could locate that was not such a site?

Yup, some of you post pictures of yourselves. I like to post things of interest.

I was 24 at the time of those photos taken in Germany.

Want something else you may find strange?

I got engaged to marry a German woman who was about 2 years my junior. She had been born into a life under the Nazis and had been schooled to be a loyal Communist.

Since at that time I was a loyal Democrat, her past fit right in with being a loyal Democrat.

LMAO

I will not forget, I suspect, the day I said to my first sergeant, Sgt. Dodd, how is it that we are in the Army to defend rights but we don't get those same rights????

He looks over from his desk and replies, Whit****, you are talking like a damned communist.

So funny that he said that.

Robert A Whit
02-02-2013, 09:08 PM
"I'm not a racist, I have negro friends."

Good for you.

By the way, I did not claim we are friends. I said he is a nice guy and we shared some good times with each other about both of us serving in the Army at the same city and same posts.

Anton Chigurh
02-02-2013, 09:09 PM
Good for you.I was paraphrasing you, smegma head.

aboutime
02-02-2013, 09:13 PM
I was paraphrasing you, smegma head.

Anton. After seeing that word for the first time in many years..WHICH MADE ME LAUGH. I fully expected you to also say:
"Eat my shorts!"

Funny stuff. How some simply have no idea what's going on.

Robert A Whit
02-02-2013, 09:17 PM
It appears, and sounds like a member...who shall remain nameless, in order to prevent my being accused of labeling him in any way. Has earned the Saturday award. The first award in many weeks, here on Debatepolicy.

Many members may agree with this award. And I will just leave it at that.....4461 or 4462. Both work.

You must mean HER. She turned it into a racist thing. I hope you don't mean Jim since he sort of did it too.

Should I have said white village on the post since only Negros live there?

That would be stupid. Double click to read bottom right the title of the photo taken last year in the spring I believe.

tailfins
02-02-2013, 09:17 PM
Some of the most wonderful people can live in the ugliest of places. This is what dwellings look like in one of my favorite places in the world.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2560/4093010098_522e75738f_z.jpg

http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/small/20885016.jpg

Anton Chigurh
02-02-2013, 09:19 PM
Anton. After seeing that word for the first time in many years..WHICH MADE ME LAUGH. I fully expected you to also say:
"Eat my shorts!"Why would I follow up intelligent and creative name calling with something as sophomoric as that?

What, are you 12 or something?

Robert A Whit
I was paraphrasing you, smegma head.

First you lied. Next if you plan on staying an ass hole, I can't prevent you from being that way.

aboutime
Some of the most wonderful people can live in the ugliest of places. This is what dwellings look like in one of my favorite places in the world.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2560/4093010098_522e75738f_z.jpg

First time any of us have seen the OBAMA CONDO in Kenya!

Anton Chigurh
02-02-2013, 09:21 PM
First you lied. Next if you plan on staying an ass hole, I can't prevent you from being that way.There was no lie, your response to people accusing you of being a racist was essentially, the old fall-back, "I'm not a racist, I have negro friends."

Though it's true you didn't say "friends" you merey used a different example with the same meaning.

Are you this obtuse, or really this stupid? Or both?

And friendo, you can't prevent me from doing, or being, anything.

Robert A Whit
02-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Hey Annieton

Do you realize how dumb you were trying to attack me?

I want to address this term, RACIST

We know of the first amendment. Can any of you dicks read it again? I can't think a Democrat reads it. I urge you dicks to just read the terms of the first amendment and repeat the part that says one may not use words that can offend some of the dick heads?

In a funny way, I expect Gasbag Gabby to react as stupid as she did. But don't you claim you are smart?

Tell you this much. Will you show me a single law that says you may not speak of Negros?

Why don't you also hit on Negros for things they say?

tailfins
02-02-2013, 09:26 PM
First time any of us have seen the OBAMA CONDO in Kenya!

If you want to dig deeper into where I talking about, Google/Bing some of these terms: "casa de pau a pique", Estado do Para, Estado do Amazonas, Estado do Maranhao, Estado do Ceara.

Anton Chigurh
02-02-2013, 09:29 PM
We know of the first amendment. Can any of you dicks read it again? I can't think a Democrat reads it. I urge you dicks to just read the terms of the first amendment and repeat the part that says one may not use words that can offend some of the dick heads?Hey stupid fuck. YOU read it.

1.) It restricts the GOVERNMENT, not private citizens.

2.) NO ONE has restricted your 1st Amendment rights.

3.) Freedom has consequences - if you're this racist and stupid, get ready for others to exersise THEIR 1st Amendment rights to tell you so.

aboutime
02-02-2013, 09:29 PM
Why would I follow up intelligent and creative name calling with something as sophomoric as that?

What, are you 12 or something?

Well........excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuse me! Guess that smegma got to ya!

Robert A Whit
02-02-2013, 09:30 PM
There was no lie, your response to people accusing you of being a racist was essentially, the old fall-back, "I'm not a racist, I have negro friends."

Though it's true you didn't say "friends" you merey used a different example with the same meaning.

Since I did not say what you said, of course you lied. I don't care how you twist and turn to spin like a top to try to defend your lie.

I did not even claim the man and I are friends.

I don't give a flying fig if liars claim by speaking my mind that I am racist. They are like you are, full of shit.

I am quite sure it is you that is stupid to try this smack talk.

Anton Chigurh
02-02-2013, 09:31 PM
Well........excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuse me! Guess that smegma got to ya!Mea culpa, I forgot to use a sarcasm smilie! :salute:

Anton Chigurh
02-02-2013, 09:34 PM
Since I did not say what you said, of course you lied. I don't care how you twist and turn to spin like a top to try to defend your lie.

I did not even claim the man and I are friends. You used a standard dodge racists use when confronted, just with a different scenario at its core. So I'll paraphrase it in kind:
I'm not a racist, I even talked to one of those negroes and found out we almost served together years back!It's the same thing, penis wrinkle.

Robert A Whit
02-02-2013, 09:36 PM
Hey stupid fuck. YOU read it.

1.) It restricts the GOVERNMENT, not private citizens.

2.) NO ONE has restricted your 1st Amendment rights.

3.) Freedom has consequences - if you're this racist and stupid, get ready for others to exersise THEIR 1st Amendment rights to tell you so.

Hot damn, I got the dicks attention.
And he proves he might know some of the terms of the Constitution.
Nobody, not even you, will restrict my rights. That right is to protect me from pricks like you are.

I would not dream of stopping you from being so stupid. I relish in how bad you make yourself look.

I am glad you cut yourself some slack by using the term, if ... IF you are this racist ...

See, i did not claim I am racist dickhead. Some of the board turds pulled that cheap stunt.

aboutime
02-02-2013, 09:36 PM
You used a standard dodge racists use when confronted, just with a different scenario at its core. So I'll paraphrase it in kind:It's the same thing, penis wrinkle.

Anton. I don't care what anybody says. That's some funny stuff! "penis wrinkle?" You sure are havin' a good time! 4465

Anton Chigurh
02-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Hot damn, I got the dicks attention.
And he proves he might know some of the terms of the Constitution.
Nobody, not even you, will restrict my rights. That right is to protect me from pricks like you are.Actually stupid, there can be no action against me if I silenced or restricted your speech.

Get it yet?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-02-2013, 09:37 PM
There was no lie, your response to people accusing you of being a racist was essentially, the old fall-back, "I'm not a racist, I have negro friends."

To be fair there is , racist, racist , racist, racist , and racist!

And vast majority of the time the accusation is tossed out it is false IMHO.

Life is made up of preferences, I prefer long dark hair , brown skin women so white women could accuse me of being racist but it is simply my preference. No different than my preferring petite women with big bazooka's... My first two wives were white. My current wife is filipina .. -Tyr

Anton Chigurh
02-02-2013, 09:39 PM
Anton. I don't care what anybody says. That's some funny stuff! "penis wrinkle?" You sure are havin' a good time! Just wait until I pull out, "pus infested cum bubble!" :laugh2:

And yeah, I'm having a laugh jerking Robert's chain and watching him obediently bark.

Anton Chigurh
02-02-2013, 09:39 PM
To be fair there is , racist, racist , racist, racist , and racist!And let's not forget, "rasis."

aboutime
02-02-2013, 09:42 PM
And let's not forget, "rasis."

Is dat da same as "Reeses" Peanut Butter cups???

Robert A Whit
02-02-2013, 09:54 PM
You used a standard dodge racists use when confronted, just with a different scenario at its core. So I'll paraphrase it in kind:It's the same thing, penis wrinkle.

Hey Annie

You are a fucking liar.

You paraphrased only your words.

Clearly your vocabulary is not even at second grade level.

Anton Chigurh
02-02-2013, 09:56 PM
You are a fucking liar.

You paraphrased only your words.

Clearly your voculaburay is not even at second grade level.Your meme was identical, its purpose identical.

And it's "vocabulary" dumbass. Go back to school and get some remedial reading and spelling courses.

Robert A Whit
02-02-2013, 10:02 PM

1. Nope, not my building.
2. Repeat after me. The correct question has nothing to do with racist. The only issue was can you tell Negros inhabit that building?
3. I learned that some pricks can't stand humor. But you are not one of them.
4. However, some I tend to respect more than others even tried to go the racist route.

Very unfortunate they chose that path.

Anton Chigurh
02-02-2013, 10:04 PM
The only issue was can you tell Negros inhabit that building? Racist appeal to racist stereotype is racist. That's all it is.

Just embrace it. You're a racist.

Robert A Whit
02-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Your meme was identical, its purpose identical.

And it's "vocabulary" dumbass. Go back to school and get some remedial reading and spelling courses.

That is a fucking lie. And had you checked message 41 first, you would have seen my repair of an error.

Anton Chigurh
02-02-2013, 10:07 PM
And had you checked message 41 first, you would have seen my repair of an error.The timestamp says it all, you realized you needed a dictionary too late - I was in the process of posting, QUOTING message 41 before you had some kid break out the dictionary and fix your fifth grade spelling error for you..

Robert A Whit
02-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Racist appeal to racist stereotype is racist. That's all it is.

Just embrace it. You're a racist.

What you say makes you look like the racist. Not me.

I did not represent the apartment as more than a dwelling of Negros. Actually i only asked if the forum can tell. Not one damned thing more or less.

Now ass hole, let me teach you a lesson.

I hope you learn it once and for all times.

Do not fuck over me.

I can do you back ten times better than you can do it to me.

Suppose I happened to be a racist. Since you clearly are one, what the hell does it matter to you?

Is this some new law you fucking made up?

Show me the law that states one may not ask if one can tell that apartment is a negro dwelling and you may save your worthless ass from more embarassment.

Robert A Whit
02-02-2013, 10:14 PM
The timestamp says it all, you realized you needed a dictionary too late - I was in the process of posting, QUOTING message 41 before you had some kid break out the dictionary and fix your fifth grade spelling error for you..

You are dumber then most dumb fucks to keep lying like that. I mistyped and I saw it first. I don't need your lies. You only embarass yourself.

Anton Chigurh
02-02-2013, 10:17 PM
Do not fuck over me.I seem to have really stricken a nerve, clearly it was right on target and you're just a racist fuck.

A brief perusal of some other of your posts, and the massive reputation points and comments there I have been receiving for calling you out on it so effectively, tell me I'm right on target.

Just accept that you're a racist fuck and live happier. Stop trying to deny it and dissemble. It's not a crime. It's freedom. You're free in this country, to be a racist fuck! Embrace it!

Robert A Whit
02-02-2013, 10:26 PM
To be fair there is , racist, racist , racist, racist , and racist!

And vast majority of the time the accusation is tossed out it is false IMHO.

Life is made up of preferences, I prefer long dark hair , brown skin women so white women could accuse me of being racist but it is simply my preference. No different than my preferring petite women with big bazooka's... My first two wives were white. My current wife is filipina .. -Tyr

Annie with no gun is claiming he gets his jollies off making up lies.

I agree with you Tyr. I saw the dumb shit actually bragging he is yanking my chain. Well, if that racist wants to yank my chain, he can spend most of his time licking that chain.

He is probably a dumb homosexual to begin with.

Anton Chigurh
02-02-2013, 10:33 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?39070-Negro-apartment-can-you-tell&p=614298#post614298

Robert A Whit
02-02-2013, 10:40 PM
Anton. I don't care what anybody says. That's some funny stuff! "penis wrinkle?" You sure are havin' a good time! 4465

When he insulted you, AT, he sure had plenty of fun.

Anton Chigurh
02-02-2013, 10:59 PM
Dimwit you're just a racist puke, even once tried to claim that Angel Island was 'like' Ellis Island.

Just accept your lot in life.

Anton Chigurh
02-02-2013, 11:18 PM
So, let's review. You sneer at the living conditions of your black neighbor, notice the place looks more run down than other buildings in the area where white people live (as you said) and you trouble yourself to take a picture of it, name it like you did, and post on a message board?

What part of bigoted racist do you not get, out of that?

Just accept that you're a racist puke, and move on. You'll be alot happier.

Robert A Whit
02-03-2013, 12:45 AM
Dimwit you're just a racist puke, even once tried to claim that Angel Island was 'like' Ellis Island.

Just accept your lot in life.

Hey stupid, I bait and you come running.
http://angelisland.org/History (http://angelisland.org/history/)The island is alive with history… three thousand years ago it served as a fishing and hunting site for Coastal Miwok Indians (http://angelisland.org/history/miwok-history/). It was later a haven for Spanish Explorer (http://angelisland.org/history/the-spanish-era/) Juan Manuel de Ayala, a cattle ranch, and a U.S. Army post starting with the Civil War (http://angelisland.org/history/camp-reynolds/). <v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape style="Z-INDEX: 1; POSITION: absolute; MARGIN-TOP: 0px; WIDTH: 176.25pt; HEIGHT: 150.75pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 136.25pt; mso-wrap-distance-left: 0; mso-wrap-distance-top: 0; mso-wrap-distance-right: 0; mso-wrap-distance-bottom: 0; mso-position-horizontal: right; mso-position-horizontal-relative: text; mso-position-vertical-relative: line" id=_x0000_s1026 o:allowoverlap="f" alt="" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:title="IS20sCaStateLib" src="file:///D:/DOCUME~1/Bob/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.jpg"></v:imagedata><w:wrap type="square"></w:wrap></v:shape><o:p></o:p>From 1910 to 1940, the island processed hundreds of thousands of immigrants (http://angelisland.org/history/united-states-immigration-station-usis/), the majority from China. During World War II (http://angelisland.org/history/ft-mcdowell-aka-east-garrison/), Japanese, and German POWs were held on the island, which was also used as a jumping-off point for American soldiers returning from the Pacific. In the ’50s and ’60s, the island was home to a Nike missile site (http://angelisland.org/history/nike-missile-site/)

Robert A Whit
02-03-2013, 12:47 AM
So, let's review. You sneer at the living conditions of your black neighbor, notice the place looks more run down than other buildings in the area where white people live (as you said) and you trouble yourself to take a picture of it, name it like you did, and post on a message board?

What part of bigoted racist do you not get, out of that?

Just accept that you're a racist puke, and move on. You'll be alot happier.

It is called catching bigoted ass holes and based on your daily nonsensical crap, I caught another of them.

Kathianne
02-03-2013, 01:04 AM
http://www.angel-island.com/history.html

Like people of other ethnicities, the Chinese immigrated to the United States for better lives. Before 1900, their work included farming, mining and building railroads. Men sent money home to their families in China.

But American laborers resented the Chinese because the latter were willing to work for cheap wages. Americans accused the Chinese of monopolizing jobs.

Stiff immigration laws were passed. Many Chinese immigrants were forced to prove they had a husband or father who was a U. S. citizen or be deported.

From 1910-1940, Chinese immigrants were detained and interrogated at Angel Island immigration station in San Francisco Bay. U.S. officials hoped to deport as many as possible by asking obscure questions about Chinese villages and family histories that immigrants would have trouble answering correctly.

Men and women were housed separately. Detainees spent much of their time in the barracks, languishing between interrogations.

The immigrants expressed their fears and frustrations through messages and poems written or carved into barrack walls. Some poems are still visible at the museum today.
Immigrants were detained weeks, months, sometimes even years. Word got back to China about the prolonged questioning, so people would try to mentally prepare before even crossing the Pacific Ocean.

A 1940 fire destroyed the Angel Island administration building, so the U.S. government abandoned the immigration station. The so-called "Chinese Exclusion Acts" eventually were repealed. Over the years, Chinese have settled in every U.S. city.

Many years have passed. But many Chinese still recall the hardships of detention.
At Angel Island, a museum has been established in the old barracks, re- creating one of the living areas for Chinese detainees.

Kathianne
02-03-2013, 01:08 AM
No, I wouldn't expect anyone to spend this much time watching an online video on this topic, but that it's out there and at this length has over 300 views? Academics think it's worth watching.

http://youtu.be/0FPbNQ3l4h0

Kathianne
02-03-2013, 01:24 AM
A much shorter video, but one which clearly illustrates the differences between the two 'islands.' While most of the immigrants to Ellis were fearful of not being allowed in, the stories their progeny tell were of acceptance, the numbers turned away were small, mostly concerned with illness like TB.

Angel Island? Very different, as the walls tell the tales:

http://youtu.be/f_EQY-0ThOM

Kathianne
02-03-2013, 01:37 AM
Paraphrasing the end of the last video, 'Students should know both the good and the bad of what has gone before, so that the bad may be avoided in the future.'

I couldn't agree more.

The Chinese Exclusion Act, the Japanese Interment and confiscation of property during WWII are blights on the countries hopes and dreams. Racism codified.

Kathianne
02-03-2013, 01:42 AM
Since I brought up the Angel Island/Chinese Exclusion Act and co-mingled with Japanese Interment Camps and confiscation of property, thought I should clarify a tad on the later.

There were real and justified concerns regarding Japanese, especially on the West coast during the War. However, those concerns were not justified in the wholesale confinements meted out. Indeed, there was more credibility in the concerns regarding German-Americans, yet they were dealt with on case-to-case basis, as should have been; whether Japanese or German. Germans though, looked like 'Americans.' Racism.

Robert A Whit
02-03-2013, 03:18 AM
Since I brought up the Angel Island/Chinese Exclusion Act and co-mingled with Japanese Interment Camps and confiscation of property, thought I should clarify a tad on the later.

There were real and justified concerns regarding Japanese, especially on the West coast during the War. However, those concerns were not justified in the wholesale confinements meted out. Indeed, there was more credibility in the concerns regarding German-Americans, yet they were dealt with on case-to-case basis, as should have been; whether Japanese or German. Germans though, looked like 'Americans.' Racism.

Thanks.

My Buddy Vernon that lives in San Diego spent part of his youth locked up in one of those POW camps. Make no mistake, that is all they amounted to.

Vernon and I were very good friends from our days in high school until now. I spoke to Vernon days ago and he is trying to help my grandson navigate a top rated university. James is now in high school and wants to be an aeronautical engineer. Vernon retired from that business as an aircraft designer.

Vernon nor some other Japanese kids I was raised around and knew some very well and others by sight and name, mentioned those prison camps. I was probably close to 40 years old when Vernon finally told me what happened. I never learned of this in high school. It was a shock to me he had been jailed. His parents managed to come back and their home was still there but some of their personal goods had vanished. I found out by asking Vernon why the japanese kids were not sent to school to study Japanese as the Chinese always were. He told me they wanted distance between Japan and themselves due to the war so shunned learning Japanese. I think they devoted themselves to being top ranked students for the same reason. I introduced Mom to Vernons Mom and they became friends till they died. A few years ago, I attended Vernon's Motheres Buddhist services. First and only time I went to Buddhist services.

There was a law passed in 1924 I believe that banned all but American Japanese citizens from owning land. Vernons Unclie I believe was teh American citizen and so was Vernon but he was a minor. By the time I met Vernon, his family had been made American citizens and his parents then could also claim they owned the property.

Kathianne
02-03-2013, 08:32 AM
http://encyclopedia.jrank.org/articles/pages/5943/Alien-Land-Laws.html

Private ownership of land occupies a central position in American law. In the nineteenth century a link emerged in West Coast states between property ownership and race, exemplified by the 1859 Oregon Constitution, which declared that no “Chinaman” could ever own land in Oregon. During this period, “race” was legally constructed along a white-nonwhite binary, with Chinese immigrants categorized as “nonwhites.” For the Chinese in the United States, this subordinate racial status entailed strict labor and residential segregation from whites, as well as a vulnerability to mob violence. Their inability to become citizens only compounded their subordinate racial status.

These laws were upheld by SCOTUS in 1923, Terrance v Thompson (http://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/263/197/). Not overturned until after WWII.

Anton Chigurh
02-03-2013, 12:05 PM
It is called catching bigoted ass holes and based on your daily nonsensical crap, I caught another of them.And thus, you rely on another very old and tired meme, where the spotted and identified racist just says, "It was a TRAP! I was baiting people!"

Right. Everyone sees through that, lout.

Again, stop living in denial and just embrace it, you're a racist pig.

Robert A Whit
02-03-2013, 02:58 PM
Thanks.

My Buddy Vernon that lives in San Diego spent part of his youth locked up in one of those POW camps. Make no mistake, that is all they amounted to.

Vernon and I were very good friends from our days in high school until now. I spoke to Vernon days ago and he is trying to help my grandson navigate a top rated university. James is now in high school and wants to be an aeronautical engineer. Vernon retired from that business as an aircraft designer.

Vernon nor some other Japanese kids I was raised around and knew some very well and others by sight and name, mentioned those prison camps. I was probably close to 40 years old when Vernon finally told me what happened. I never learned of this in high school. It was a shock to me he had been jailed. His parents managed to come back and their home was still there but some of their personal goods had vanished. I found out by asking Vernon why the japanese kids were not sent to school to study Japanese as the Chinese always were. He told me they wanted distance between Japan and themselves due to the war so shunned learning Japanese. I think they devoted themselves to being top ranked students for the same reason. I introduced Mom to Vernons Mom and they became friends till they died. A few years ago, I attended Vernon's Motheres Buddhist services. First and only time I went to Buddhist services.

There was a law passed in 1924 I believe that banned all but American Japanese citizens from owning land. Vernons Unclie I believe was teh American citizen and so was Vernon but he was a minor. By the time I met Vernon, his family had been made American citizens and his parents then could also claim they owned the property.

Jimmy allowed an ass hole to ruin a thread by not putting only his taunts into the cage.

Thanks Jim for putting this very fine post in the cage. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
02-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Jimmy allowed an ass hole to ruin a thread by not putting only his taunts into the cage.

Thanks Jim for putting this very fine post in the cage. :rolleyes:

Don't blame me. This thread turned to into the crapper right from the get go. The fighting that ensued was only the icing on the cake. Feel free to start a new thread, I won't hold you back!

Robert A Whit
02-03-2013, 10:01 PM
Don't blame me. This thread turned to into the crapper right from the get go. The fighting that ensued was only the icing on the cake. Feel free to start a new thread, I won't hold you back!

I fully agree with you Jim. I was not actually blaming you. You pretty much got backed into a corner to keep peace. I wish that clown that in my book is a wasp with a tiny pecker never showed up. A couple of posters that caused havoc were not as bad.

Robert A Whit
02-03-2013, 10:08 PM
I wonder why our posts, that were very good posts, got kicked into the crapper?

I figured between us, we could rescue a thread that was infested by what looks to me like some nut case.

So, that is why I questioned Jim but maybe he could not save the good posts is why he put good and bad into the crapper. Is that right Jim?

By the way, we scored another touchdown. And are holding the Ravens to not much at all. They are struggling.