PDA

View Full Version : What Does This Mean?

Kathianne
02-02-2013, 03:01 AM
Write an article on a study. Cite what said study states. Then write your own take on what is 'really means'? That's what I'm getting.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/01/31/husbands-housework-sex/1880719/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=206567

Husbands who do housework may have less sex, study saysKim Painter, Special for USA TODAY4:34p.m. EST January 31, 2013

Traditional chores are linked with more sex for married couples.Husbands who do a lot of cooking, cleaning, laundry and other traditionally female forms of housework may do their marriages some good -- but, contrary to popular belief, they are not rewarded with more sex, a new study finds.

Instead, it's the guys who do the most lawn work, car repair, driving and bill-paying – traditional men's jobs – who have the most sex in marriage, the study suggests. The same is true for women who do the most traditional female housework, according to the study published in the February issue of American Sociological Review.

(http://www.asanet.org/journals/ASR/Feb13ASRFeature.pdf)

For better or worse, the authors say, heterosexual married couples may still be reading from traditional "sexual scripts" when it comes to both housework and sex.

In other words, the study concludes: "Men or women may, in essence, be turned on (however indirectly) when partners in a marriage do more gender-traditional work."

The study comes with one major caveat: It is based on data collected two decades ago. While the researchers say little has likely changed since then, some other experts disagree.

The researchers, from the Juan March Institute in Spain and the University of Washington in Seattle, looked at data collected on about 4,500 heterosexual married U.S. couples participating in the National Survey of Families and Households between 1992 and 1994. The couples reported having sex an average of five times a month.

Couples in which women did all of the traditional female chores had sex 1.6 times more each month than couples in which men did all of those jobs. The more cooking and cleaning a husband did, the less sex the couple had; women's cooking and cleaning was linked with more sex. Couples in which men did more traditional male chores also had more sex; it did not seem to matter if women did more or less of those chores.

The findings were not linked to male or female earnings or to religious beliefs.

Kathianne
02-02-2013, 03:03 AM
OMG! There's this too:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/9572187/Couples-who-share-the-housework-are-more-likely-to-divorce-study-finds.html

Couples who share the housework are more likely to divorce, study finds Divorce rates are far higher among “modern” couples who share the housework than in those where the woman does the lion’s share of the chores, a Norwegian study has found.

logroller
02-02-2013, 03:17 AM
which reminds me, I need to change the brakes on my wife's car. If she plays her cards right, brings me a sandwich or something, who knows-- might just get me to do her body work. :cool: