PDA

View Full Version : Is The Government Buying Up Ammo?

Kathianne
02-03-2013, 02:04 AM
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/02/out-of-ammo.php

Out of Ammo

I really, really wanted to shoot today, but wasn’t able to. Why, you might ask? Was I backed up with work? Nope. Did I have a long list of chores to do, to stay in my wife’s good graces? Nope. I was free as a bird. But I couldn’t shoot because, with the exception of 100 rounds of 22LR and the loaded 9 mm magazines that I keep at home for purposes of self-defense, I was out out of ammo.

http://2-ps.googleusercontent.com/h/www.powerlineblog.com/admin/ed-assets/2013/02/500x331xshutterstock_95431063.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Dna 2lpP7eL.jpg (http://www.powerlineblog.com/admin/ed-assets/2013/02/shutterstock_95431063.jpg)22LR bullets

Nor was I alone. The shelves here in Minnesota are empty. You can still find a few rounds of .380, .40 and even .45 caliber bullets, along with more exotic varieties, but the most popular ammunition–22LR and 9 mm–is sold out everywhere. The shelves are literally bare. Every now and then someone gets in a small shipment; a friend told me that a local Dick’s Sporting Goods got some 9 mm bullets in yesterday. They were gone almost instantly.

http://3-ps.googleusercontent.com/h/www.powerlineblog.com/admin/ed-assets/2013/01/500x377xshutterstock_93340480.jpg.pagespeed.ic.kLD xuDT_MD.jpg (http://www.powerlineblog.com/admin/ed-assets/2013/01/shutterstock_93340480.jpg)<!--GooglePanel begin panel-id-1-->9 mm bullets

<!--GooglePanel end panel-id-1-->
<!--GooglePanel begin panel-id-2-->I figured if anyplace wouldn’t run out of ammo, it is South Dakota, so I checked with my brother. Sure enough, ammunition is gone there, too. A local store that does a major firearms business ordered a semi truck load of ammo; what got delivered was three pallets. They were told they could expect another delivery in 2014.

So what is going on? In part, certainly, the perception of a potential shortage due to the policies of the Obama administration has led to the reality of a shortage, as everyone started to stock up. I can understand the mentality: if I wandered into a gun store and found that they had just put 1,000 9 mm rounds on the shelf, I would buy them all. But does that fully explain what is happening? How about the fact that government agencies are buying up billions of rounds (http://www.examiner.com/article/department-of-homeland-security-buys-even-more-hollow-point-rounds)? There have been lots of news reports and lots of rumors, but no clear explanation of why the federal government has invested so massively in ammunition–including the most popular civilian calibers–over the last year. One way or another, it seems that there is a story here. But for it to be pursued, we would need “reporters.” Remember them? Nah, that was a bygone era: you probably don’t.

Hmmm,

http://www.luckygunner.com/

Voted4Reagan
02-03-2013, 08:59 AM
sold out in NY and in Georgia as well.....

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-03-2013, 10:36 AM
GOVERNMENT IS ATTEMPTING TO RUN UP THE PRICE OF AMMO.
Just another way to attack the 2ND Amendment and ff-over "we the people".. obama style..-Tyr
http://www.opednews.com/articles/Homeland-Security-s-Intent-by-Jack-Swint-120821-433.html

Over the past 2 weeks, everyone from the mainstream media to bloggers and conspiracy theorists have questioned the government's mass purchasing of ammunition for federal agencies like the National Weather Service and even the Social Security Administration. Combined, both agencies ordered over 210,000 rounds. This ammunition is mostly made up of "hollow point" bullets, which are designed strictly for maximum damage to the human body and have been outlawed for use in warfare since 1969.

On the surface, these purchases alone are scary enough and raise questions as to why these unlikely agencies need any amounts of ammo, especially bullets that have been outlawed. The National Weather Service claims they have 63 officers who "enforce the nation's ocean and fishing laws to ensure a level playing field for fishermen and to protect marine species like whales, dolphins and turtles." If you divide 46,000 rounds by the 63 agents they employ, that's 730 bullets per agent, or, in other words, 63 crack shots and a lot of dead fisherman.

The Social Security Administration (SSA) has given no specific response to questions regarding their purchase of 174,00 rounds. They said their "agents' need them. But, keep this in mind: the SSA only deals with US Citizens in America. The SSA has never been involved with anything outside of this country for any reason. And what do they need with armed agents? All SSA offices employ private contracted security for their offices.
One Billion + Hollow Point Bullets
Digging deeper into the government's recent procurements for ammo, you learn just how aggressively they are buying up ridiculous amounts of ammo and riot related equipment. The feds have actually ordered over 1 billion rounds of ammo in 2012 alone. They received 750,000,000 in March and are awaiting another 450,000,000 arriving soon. All in conjunction with large-scale orders for riot gear, bulletproof checkpoint outposts with red and green stoplights, human shaped paper practice targets, and other crowd control and containment equipment.
There is no conspiracy theory here. The federal government is expecting either a catastrophic financial collapse that could provoke nationwide food riots and all out civil unrest, another civil war, or even Armageddon. All in the very near future. Some theorize that the mass purchase of ammunition is an attempt to hoard as much as possible from the American public whom the feds believe may be in preparation for civil war right now.

revelarts
02-03-2013, 10:43 AM
It for fighting the terrorist.
no worrys

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-03-2013, 10:47 AM
no worrys

Sarcasm aside, what do you think it is truly for? Care to present??

revelarts
02-03-2013, 12:18 PM
Sarcasm aside, what do you think it is truly for? Care to present??

Tyr, I really don't know what it's for. Our gov't is not telling us.
I can speculate all day long on specifics and get nowhere.
but, in general, it's seem to me to be either to mildly disarm Americans somewhat and/or to be ready to shoot at the American people at some unknown point in the future.

I don't like to think about it that much anymore.
But whenever i read articles like this I'm reminded of the line from Patrick Henry's 'give me liberty' speech

...Ask yourselves how this gracious reception of our petition comports with those warlike preparations which cover our waters and darken our land. Are fleets and armies necessary to a work of love and reconciliation? Have we shown ourselves so unwilling to be reconciled that force must be called in to win back our love? Let us not deceive ourselves, sir. These are the implements of war and subjugation; the last arguments to which kings resort. I ask gentlemen, sir, what means this martial array, if its purpose be not to force us to submission? Can gentlemen assign any other possible motive for it? Has Great Britain any enemy, in this quarter of the world, to call for all this accumulation of navies and armies? No, sir, she has none. They are meant for us: they can be meant for no other. They are sent over to bind and rivet upon us those chains which the British ministry have been so long forging....
What can it be for?
All the prep is weird, and people have been calling me crazy for years but geez, what the heck is all this crap for?
That's a question that we should be able to get a strait answer from our public officials, our public servants, Our elected officials. but all the answers are evasive, cloaked in mystery or secrecy, or silence, or "it's just routine" , "nothing to see here move along".

I don't know and frankly I don't think some of the people in the various agencies even know exactly what the deal is. But the fact of all this accumulation of military style arms in the hands of nearly every federal agencies, nearly every state and local police force doesn't make me feel "safer" that for D@mn sure Tyr.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-03-2013, 12:35 PM
Tyr, I really don't know what it's for. Our gov't is not telling us.
I can speculate all day long on specifics and get nowhere.
but, in general, it's seem to me to be either to mildly disarm Americans somewhat and/or to be ready to shoot at the American people at some unknown point in the future.

I don't like to think about it that much anymore.
But whenever i read articles like this I'm reminded of the line from Patrick Henry's 'give me liberty' speech

What can it be for?
All the prep is weird, and people have been calling me crazy for years but geez, what the heck is all this crap for?
That's a question that we should be able to get a strait answer from our public officials, our public servants, Our elected officials. but all the answers are evasive, cloaked in mystery or secrecy, or silence, or "it's just routine" , "nothing to see here move along".

I don't know and frankly I don't think some of the people in the various agencies even know exactly what the deal is. But the fact of all this accumulation of military style arms in the hands of nearly every federal agencies, nearly every state and local police force doesn't make me feel "safer" that for D@mn sure Tyr.

It has been making a lot of people feel very unsafe! As the recent gun and ammo sales so clearly reflect!
Americans see a real threat not an imaginary one, and its coming form this current government, that is a fact!-Tyr

revelarts
02-03-2013, 12:41 PM
It has been making a lot of people feel very unsafe! As the recent gun and ammo sales so clearly reflect!
Americans see a real threat not an imaginary one, and its coming form this current government, that is a fact!-Tyr

It's been a trend for several administrations Ds & Rs, it's like watching a tide come in.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-03-2013, 01:23 PM
It's been a trend for several administrations Ds & Rs, it's like watching a tide come in.

This administration is different . This president is different. His belligerence and arrogance reveal not just his corrupted character but his faith in his hidden agenda! And that hidden agenda is starting to be revealed in his attacks upon our Constitution, our rights and the security of this nation. Too many things pit to his alliance and hidden support of not just muslims in general but the emerging Caliphate which is what the so called Arab Spring is!-Tyr

jimnyc
02-03-2013, 03:34 PM
Even last year there was a lot of information coming out about DHS buying hundreds of MILLIONS of rounds of ammo.

revelarts
02-04-2013, 11:57 AM
Even last year there was a lot of information coming out about DHS buying hundreds of MILLIONS of rounds of ammo.

But the bigger fact is what they're not telling you: 174,000 rounds of ammo (that the social security admin bought) is almost nothing compared to the 1.4 billion rounds of ammo being purchased by the DHS. And to my knowledge, nobody has explained why the DHS needs 1.4 billion rounds of ammo.

Look at it this way: If the "B" shown below represents 174,000 rounds of ammo:

B

(This is how much ammo the Social Security Administration is buying.)

... then the following list of B's represents 1.4 billion, which is what DHS is buying:

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

That's what 1.4 billion bullets looks like. In case you haven't yet done the math, that's enough bullets for the government to shoot every single American more than four times.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/036847_ammo_purchases_government_stockpiling_media _lies.html#ixzz2JwyBjR51

:eek:

Marcus Aurelius
02-04-2013, 03:17 PM
http://www.prepperpodcast.com/history-dhs-ammunition-purchases/#axzz2JxmXQReJ
The History Of DHS Ammunition Purchases
PLease take a look, too big to post here. Also, kindly ignore the bogus Hilter quote, it's been debunked dozens of times.

red states rule
02-06-2013, 03:29 AM
no worrys

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/sk020513dAPR20130205084514.jpg

jimnyc
02-07-2013, 02:39 PM
The Department of Homeland Security is set to purchase a further 21.6 million rounds of ammunition to add to the 1.6 billion bullets it has already obtained over the course of the last 10 months alone, figures which have stoked concerns that the federal agency is preparing for civil unrest.

A solicitation posted yesterday on the Fed Bid website details how the bullets are required for the DHS Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Artesia, New Mexico.

The solicitation asks for 10 million pistol cartridge .40 caliber 165 Grain, jacketed Hollow point bullets (100 quantities of 100,000 rounds) and 10 million 9mm 115 grain jacketed hollow point bullets (100 quantities of 100,000 rounds).

The document also lists a requirement for 1.6 million pistol cartridge 9mm ball bullets (40 quantities of 40,000 rounds).

An approximation of how many rounds of ammunition the DHS has now secured over the last 10 months stands at around 1.625 billion. In March 2012, ATK announced that they had agreed to provide the DHS with a maximum of 450 million bullets over four years, a story that prompted questions about why the feds were buying ammunition in such large quantities. In September last year, the federal agency purchased a further 200 million bullets.

To put that in perspective, during the height of active battle operations in Iraq, US soldiers used 5.5 million rounds of ammunition a month. Extrapolating the figures, the DHS has purchased enough bullets over the last 10 months to wage a full scale war for almost 30 years.

Such massive quantities of ammo purchases have stoked fears that the agency is preparing for some kind of domestic unrest. In 2011, Department of Homeland Security chief Janet Napolitano directed Immigration and Customs Enforcement to prepare for a mass influx of immigrants into the United States, calling for the plan to deal with the “shelter” and “processing” of large numbers of people.

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-purchases-21-6-million-more-rounds-of-ammunition/

mundame
02-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Ammo is definitely very short in Maryland right now. Dick's Sporting Goods, Walmart, everywhere.

I assume it's related to the huge gun and ammo buying spree going on now.

I don't suppose the news articles about the government buying up ammo last summer are particularly reliable, but a lot of people on the Internet expect civil war, I know I do, so I imagine the government isn't exactly ignorant of that possibility, particularly with the big arming-up of America.

Marcus Aurelius
02-07-2013, 05:03 PM
Ammo is definitely very short in Maryland right now. Dick's Sporting Goods, Walmart, everywhere.

I assume it's related to the huge gun and ammo buying spree going on now.

I don't suppose the news articles about the government buying up ammo last summer are particularly reliable, but a lot of people on the Internet expect civil war, I know I do, so I imagine the government isn't exactly ignorant of that possibility, particularly with the big arming-up of America.

Do you bother to actually READ threads, or just the topics? Check post #12.

aboutime
02-07-2013, 10:25 PM
Do you bother to actually READ threads, or just the topics? Check post #12.

Marcus. There is another way of looking at this Govt. Buy-up of ammo.

On the positive side. The Ammunition manufacturers are exceeding their annual production, and sales records. Not to mention, keeping Americans with jobs in that industry...busy, and feeling more secure about their jobs.

And finally. If the Govt. is buying so much ammo. That means "WE THE PEOPLE" are the owners of that newly purchased ammo since WE PAY THE BILLS.

This story is nothing but hyperbole, and an attempt to scare the people. Making them aware of the govt's direction JUST IN CASE.

revelarts
03-06-2013, 10:32 AM
Savage has a caller that is a gun manufacturer give details on the process and it it's effect. informative
-Savage is Not talking most of the time that's why it's informative-
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uQoQO0rEeX0?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Missileman
03-06-2013, 05:35 PM
Add this to the pile of wtf?

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/03/obama-dhs-purchases-2700-light-armored-tanks-to-go-with-their-1-6-billion-bullet-stockpile/

Kathianne
03-06-2013, 06:17 PM
Where there's smoke...

The following is also very problematic, notice where the money is coming from to militarize the police? Good for ACLU:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/06/aclu-police-militarization-swat_n_2813334.html?1362577121

ACLU Launches Nationwide Police Militarization Investigation Posted: 03/06/2013 8:38 am EST

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) has launched a nationwide campaign (http://www.aclu.org/militarization) to assess police militarization in the United States. Starting Wednesday, ACLU affiliates in 23 states are sending open records requests to hundreds of state and local police agencies requesting information about their SWAT teams, such as how often and for what reasons they're deployed, what types of weapons they use, how often citizens are injured during SWAT raids, and how they're funded. More affiliates may join the effort in the coming weeks.

Additionally, the affiliates will ask for information about drones, GPS tracking devices, how much military equipment the police agencies have obtained through programs run through the Pentagon and the Department of Homeland Security, and how often and for what purpose state National Guards are participating in enforcement of drug laws.

"We've known for a while now that American neighborhoods are increasingly being policed by cops armed with the weapons and tactics of war," said Kara Dansky, senior counsel at the ACLU's Center for Justice, which is coordinating the investigation. "The aim of this investigation is to find out just how pervasive this is, and to what extent federal funding is incentivizing this trend."

The militarization of America's police forces has been going on for about a generation now. Former Los Angeles Police Chief Daryl Gates first conceived the idea of the SWAT team in the late 1960s, in response to the Watts riots and a few mass shooting incidents for which he thought the police were unprepared. Gates wanted an elite team of specialized cops similar to groups like the Army Rangers or Navy SEALs that could respond to riots, barricades, shootouts, or hostage-takings with more skill and precision than everyday patrol officers.

darin
03-07-2013, 05:53 AM
Savage has a caller that is a gun manufacturer give details on the process and it it's effect. informative
-Savage is Not talking most of the time that's why it's informative-
<IFRAME height=360 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uQoQO0rEeX0?feature=player_embedded" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Since this was made, the caller is mistaken. Prices have not remained about the same. Pre-election, .223 was about, at most $.50 /round. Now I see it approaching $1.50 each in some cases. I paid $.40 each awhile back - same ammo is now $.85 each.