stephanie
01-24-2007, 06:20 AM
http://i10.tinypic.com/4cxey42.gif
She clashes with Lieberman on Senate resolution

:eek:

BY RICHARD SISK
and MICHAEL McAULIFF
DAILY NEWS WASHINGTON BUREAU

WASHINGTON - Sen. Hillary Clinton delivered a table-thumping defense yesterday of a Senate resolution that criticizes the Iraq war, forcefully denying it was an "embrace of ... defeat."
Clinton's spirited outburst surprised onlookers at the confirmation hearing for the new Iraq commander, Lt. Gen. David Petraeus.

It came after Sen. Joseph Lieberman said senators like her could encourage the enemy in Iraq if they vote against deploying more troops. Lieberman (I-Conn.) said the nonbinding resolution "would give the enemy some encouragement."

Clinton vigorously countered, jabbing the table with her fingers and slamming the arguments of Lieberman and GOP senators on the Senate Armed Services Committee "who think that statements of disapproval are somehow going to undermine our effort."

She said she joined with others "disapproving the escalation not because we in any way embrace failure or defeat, but because we are trying to get the attention of our government and the government of Iraq."

Clinton, who was on the fourth day of her presidential campaign, also used the hearings to contrast what she called Bush's "dead end" Iraq policy with the Bosnia peacekeeping effort under former President Bill Clinton.

"I've been quite gratified to hear all of the positive references to Bosnia in this hearing," Clinton said.

In Bosnia, U.S. forces halted ethnic fighting that threatened to tear the country apart.

The tough talk in the Senate came after another morning of Clinton's whirlwind media campaign for President.

In one morning-show spot, she used a military metaphor to argue her ability to win the White House.

"What I think I bring to the table, in addition to my ideas and my experience, is that I'm battle-hardened. I've been there," Clinton said on CBS, contending she knows how to beat back right-wing attacks.

"I think I may have a bit of an inside track in understanding just how difficult it is," Clinton said on ABC.

While she made frequent reference to the successes of her husband's administration, she insisted that she and voters would not be interested in revisiting Clinton scandals like Travelgate, Whitewater and the Monica Lewinsky mess.(Huh, why NOT????)

"I think the country has turned a page on all of that, and I certainly have," she said. "I live, you know, in the present, looking toward the future."

She insisted that by getting out on the campaign trail and holding more forums online - like her second of three Web chats last night - she can show people who she "really" is.

"I think I can slowly but surely open people's minds to listen to me and see me for who I am," she said on NBC.:laugh:

She said who she is includes her husband, but she distanced herself from his infamous line from 1992 that, by electing him, people would get "two for the price of one."

"I wouldn't say it quite like that," she said. "I'm running to be the President, to make the decisions."rsisk@nydailynews.com
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/story/491446p-413974c.html

01-24-2007, 07:54 AM
I suggest Hillary learn some wisdom by a great philosopher of our time Mr. Miyagi

Miyagi: [sighs] Daniel-san, must talk.
[they both kneel]
Miyagi: Walk on road, hm? Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later
[makes squish gesture]
Miyagi: get squish just like grape. Here, karate, same thing. Either you karate do "yes" or karate do "no." You karate do "guess so,"
[makes squish gesture]
Miyagi: just like grape. Understand?

You can try to suppot the troops and your fine, you can try to please the anti war crowd and youll be fine. But if you try to play both sides of the coin, sooner or later you are going to get squished.