PDA

View Full Version : Why I Support the 2nd Amendment.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-03-2013, 12:00 PM
As very young child I was taught that the gun is both a weapon and a tool. My father and grandfather were excellent shooters and hunters. My Dad concentrated on the guns while my grandfather taught archery and the knife/tomahawk.
Both taught hunting techniques and a few hunting secrets to all of us boys in the family . This was taught as a way to survive and used it to supplement our food supply, being that certain wild game is mighty tasty and nourishing.

Now on to the 2nd Amendment part. My father and grandfather were very big on a man being independent and able to harvest the fruits of the land. This was natural to them because it was how our ancestors survived here! Just as important as was the gunning for food was the ability to use a gun for defense. Defense of life and property. A man too dependent for others for that becomes in part a slave to such dependency. A fact that our founders knew quite well ! So they with their brilliance gave "we the people" the 2nd Amendment , to be used to protect the 1st and also the nation against any oppressive government.

I was taught about guns at age 5 but real shooting did not start until I was the ripe old age of 6 and already attending school. Only then was my training began as a real responsibility/ lesson on survival and responsibility of becoming a man. First gun I was taught to shoot was the 22 caliber rifle. I remember it was too heavy for me to shoot unless I braced its weight upon something. I was a natural as they began to tell me and they were excellent shots themselves! My rapid advance in abilities moved me onto training with shotguns at an early age as well. I remember my Dad repeatedly telling my older brothers that I was surely going to be better with guns that any of the rest of the family and including himself and Grandpa as being outmatched as well.

In my early teens I spent most my spare time shooting, practicing and hunting. The hunting part was my favorite although I certainly did not neglect any of my practicing. Practice makes perfect or very closer to it. By age 16 I easily could out shoot anybody I found to shoot against in competition. One of my "natural gifts" had not only been found at a very early age but had been nurtured as well. For that I have to thank and give credit to my father and grandfather..

School taught me about our government , civics , patriotism and the 2nd Amendment. Family taught me about independence, striving to better myself and that a man must defend what is his, what is in his charge to protect. We as a nation seem to fail at this now both in our education and family duties. Many reasons but none justify the neglect IMHO. SUCH NEGLECT HAS ALLOWED FOR THE CURRENT STATE OF AFFAIRS THAT THREATEN OUR LIBERTIES NOW!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I LOVE GUNS, I SHOOT AND UNTIL RECENTLY I ALSO HUNTED A LOT.
However the 2nd Amendment is far more than about a man being able to merely own weapons for hunting.
It is about a man having the means to defend his rights and freedoms from any attacker , be that even our own government." No infringement" is made to ALL is damn clear to any that are not dishonorable , lying , fools or agenda driven reprobates only fit for a noose and a tall tree should they by hook and crook attempt to deny us our rights IMHO.--TYR

bingster
02-03-2013, 02:32 PM
I respect your background and respect your tradition. I would have rather grown up a country boy than a city boy.

" No infringement" is made to ALL is damn clear to any that are not dishonorable , lying , fools or agenda driven reprobates only fit for a noose and a tall tree should they by hook and crook attempt to deny us our rights IMHO.--TYR

Well, the Supreme court, a conservative one at that, disagrees with your reading of the Constitution. All of the measures put forth by Senators and the president have been supported by all Supreme Court decisions.

Like I said, though, I'm done arguing the bans. Background checks are no infringement, and arguments against are nonsensical. 70,000 criminals per year are turned away by background checks, and expanding them to private sales makes perfect sense.

The president has committed to increasing the enforcement of all gun laws in effect, so the enforcement argument is moot.

Criminals don't buy guns legally is a stupid point, since they use legal means also. Would you rather the 70,000 sales to criminals went through?

cadet
02-03-2013, 03:01 PM
I respect your background and respect your tradition. I would have rather grown up a country boy than a city boy.

" No infringement" is made to ALL is damn clear to any that are not dishonorable , lying , fools or agenda driven reprobates only fit for a noose and a tall tree should they by hook and crook attempt to deny us our rights IMHO.--TYR

Well, the Supreme court, a conservative one at that, disagrees with your reading of the Constitution. All of the measures put forth by Senators and the president have been supported by all Supreme Court decisions.

Like I said, though, I'm done arguing the bans. Background checks are no infringement, and arguments against are nonsensical. 70,000 criminals per year are turned away by background checks, and expanding them to private sales makes perfect sense.

The president has committed to increasing the enforcement of all gun laws in effect, so the enforcement argument is moot.

Criminals don't buy guns legally is a stupid point, since they use legal means also. Would you rather the 70,000 sales to criminals went through?

Dude, I'm not a criminal and I sure as hell don't purchase mine legally, too expensive. :laugh:

Making it harder for good people to get guns does not protect good people.

Let me ask you this, if say we decided to go the opposite direction with this and force everyone to conceal and carry a gun on them at all times. Do you think crime would go down, or up?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-03-2013, 07:03 PM

Too bad that you were not born so because had you been you'd understand when too many buffalo chips have been added to the fire..
The accumulation of "cuts" finally has the American people getting ready for the final blow they see coming. -Tyr

aboutime
02-03-2013, 07:16 PM
As an American citizen. Born, and raised here in one of the 50 U.S. States. And as an American citizen who gave thirty years of my life defending, and protecting our Rights, Liberties, and Freedoms granted to all U.S. Citizens according to the U.S. Constitution.

I feel no need to explain, make excuses, or to convince ANYONE WHY I support One, or All of the Amendments to the Constitution.

As a U.S. Citizen. I don't care what anyone else who questions me...for any reason, thinks, believes, or pretends to know about me.

In other words. With all Due Respect to Anyone else.

Answering the title of this thread...really is. NOBODY ELSE'S BUSINESS.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-03-2013, 07:22 PM
As an American citizen. Born, and raised here in one of the 50 U.S. States. And as an American citizen who gave thirty years of my life defending, and protecting our Rights, Liberties, and Freedoms granted to all U.S. Citizens according to the U.S. Constitution.

I feel no need to explain, make excuses, or to convince ANYONE WHY I support One, or All of the Amendments to the Constitution.

As a U.S. Citizen. I don't care what anyone else who questions me...for any reason, thinks, believes, or pretends to know about me.

In other words. With all Due Respect to Anyone else.

Answering the title of this thread...really is. NOBODY ELSE'S BUSINESS.

Sure and that is your right my friend and you know how I salute your service ....
Answering and presenting my reasons was for me a pleasure as I want people to understand many of us understand the 2nd is to protect the 1st and all the others too. Nobody gonna take my guns, not without a fight that is.. Just that damn simple. Tis' tha American way.. I'll not dishonor my family or the sacrifice of millions that gave so valiantly before me! -Tyr

bingster
02-04-2013, 12:08 AM
Dude, I'm not a criminal and I sure as hell don't purchase mine legally, too expensive. :laugh:

Making it harder for good people to get guns does not protect good people.

Let me ask you this, if say we decided to go the opposite direction with this and force everyone to conceal and carry a gun on them at all times. Do you think crime would go down, or up?

If you stop a large number of criminals from getting guns (like the current background checks do, but are limited to dealers) it does protect good people.

No, I'm sure we would not be safer. I remember guys in the military I didn't trust carrying weapons. I sure as hell don't trust everybody.

bingster
02-04-2013, 12:11 AM
Too bad that you were not born so because had you been you'd understand when too many buffalo chips have been added to the fire..
The accumulation of "cuts" finally has the American people getting ready for the final blow they see coming. -Tyr

Yea, the same people who see the black helicopters and hear aliens talking in their dental work.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-04-2013, 09:47 AM
Yea, the same people who see the black helicopters and hear aliens talking in their dental work.

Really?
There are millions doing the gun and ammo buying and you just compared that group to a very small group of CRAZIES!
To me that is a pitifully poor and lame reply.
I mean , really??--Tyr

cadet
02-04-2013, 11:44 AM
If you stop a large number of criminals from getting guns (like the current background checks do, but are limited to dealers) it does protect good people.

No, I'm sure we would not be safer. I remember guys in the military I didn't trust carrying weapons. I sure as hell don't trust everybody.

Lets say you only trust even half the people you see,
Yeah you might not trust 5 out of 10 people. but you can trust that the other 5 would shoot the first 5 if they decided to do something.
There's a funny story about a guy who owned a bar. One day, a robber came in and said "Gimme all your money!" And the entire bar stood up and pointed their guns at the criminal.
Then the bartender pointed at a sign above him that read "Guns welcome"

aboutime
02-04-2013, 12:59 PM

Bingster. Please name ONE Criminal, or shooter who killed many people recently...who also made sure the weapon being used was legal, and the product of a Background Check.

Then. Tell us the rough figure, or number of criminals who have Legal Weapons, and follow the laws of the land, without question?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-05-2013, 06:28 PM
Bingster. Please name ONE Criminal, or shooter who killed many people recently...who also made sure the weapon being used was legal, and the product of a Background Check.

Then. Tell us the rough figure, or number of criminals who have Legal Weapons, and follow the laws of the land, without question?

Do not ask specific questions that are too hard for bingster to answer. You guys keep forcing bingster to run away like Gabby.--:laugh:

Robert A Whit
02-05-2013, 07:12 PM

When Bush was president, we called them Democrats.

Why don't you try to understand the actual background of the second amendment?

It is not via the fault of the amendment havoc is wreaked. And you want the wrong people to suffer back ground checks. You claim I believe that in CA it takes 90 seconds. Just filling out those forms takes longer than that. I plan to ask a local gun dealer how long it actually takes in CA. I know the last gun caused back ground I took was spanning a couple of weeks.

And on TV I hear so much said that even during background checks, until some agency is asked, say on a nut case that killed and got released when they decided to cut him free, but later kills again is not checked and they do buy guns.

This government cant even get a decent fuck to take place.

How the hell can they manage what they proved they can't manage even though they had many years to learn to manage it?

Simply put, they can't do it.

Records when you buy a gun are stored. And they don't bother to put those records on computer so how the hell can they actually do a good background check instantly?