PDA

View Full Version : On The Record

Kathianne
02-04-2013, 04:38 PM
GAZILLIONBILLIONMILLION is not a mathematical word. ;)

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?39095-Is-Conhog-on-suspension-again&p=614656#post614656

jimnyc
02-04-2013, 05:08 PM

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?39095-Is-Conhog-on-suspension-again&p=614656#post614656

Oh, sure it is! In mathematical circles it is represented as "too many times + 1"

aboutime
02-04-2013, 05:46 PM

Kathianne. Before Obama and company finally got us into this MATH MESS. Few Americans had any idea what the word TRILLION was. Obviously...rather than scolding someone for using that word above. You know people make up all kinds of words to describe things they do not understand.
What's the big deal?

Kathianne
02-04-2013, 05:56 PM
Kathianne. Before Obama and company finally got us into this MATH MESS. Few Americans had any idea what the word TRILLION was. Obviously...rather than scolding someone for using that word above. You know people make up all kinds of words to describe things they do not understand.
What's the big deal?

Please tell me you are posting tongue-in-cheek?

aboutime
02-04-2013, 06:13 PM
What's the big deal?

Kathianne. No disrespect intended here. But surely...you must know. Jimnyc used that Gazillionthingyword...as a figure of speech. Tongue in cheek. But you jumped on him like an English teacher, citing his grammar mistakes in front of the whole class.

Are we now...all expected to stick to the strict guidelines of Political Correctness...even in calm conversations????

If so. We all have a terrible problem with being critical of everyone, everything, and every aspect of life in general.

Kathianne
02-04-2013, 06:22 PM
Kathianne. No disrespect intended here. But surely...you must know. Jimnyc used that Gazillionthingyword...as a figure of speech. Tongue in cheek. But you jumped on him like an English teacher, citing his grammar mistakes in front of the whole class.

Are we now...all expected to stick to the strict guidelines of Political Correctness...even in calm conversations????

If so. We all have a terrible problem with being critical of everyone, everything, and every aspect of life in general.

No, AT, he got that I was joshing him, as he was all. You took it too seriously.

bingster
02-04-2013, 07:19 PM
No, AT, he got that I was joshing him, as he was all. You took it too seriously.

Man, and I thought I was misunderstood. :)

Robert A Whit
02-04-2013, 07:45 PM

All I know is that when Obama blew past lebenty trillion, I lost count.

Kathianne
02-04-2013, 07:52 PM

Hell, no one is as misunderstood as myself. I just don't whine about it! :laugh2:

aboutime
02-04-2013, 08:03 PM

Okay. If you say so. Too bad, none-the-less. Having fun can be hazardous to your health these days. Thanks to gun control.