PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl commercial

Abbey Marie
02-04-2013, 08:26 PM
What did you think of the GoDaddy kissing commercial with the model and the chubby guy?

Besides the fact that it was messy and slurpy and went on for a long time, did the disparity in their looks make anyone uncomfortable?

mundame
02-04-2013, 08:33 PM
What did you think of the GoDaddy kissing commercial with the model and the chubby guy?

Besides the fact that it was messy and slurpy and went on for a long time, did the disparity in their looks make anyone uncomfortable?

YUCK! YUCK!! AAAAAaaaaaaacccccccccccKKKKKK!! I hated it.

jimnyc
02-04-2013, 08:42 PM

Yuk! But Bar Rafaeli is one hot momma!! But the ad was disgusting and I'm saddened she allowed herself to be used in such a manner.

The best ad by far:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o2prAccclXs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

aboutime
02-04-2013, 08:48 PM

Didn't bother me Abbey. In fact. Seeing that disgusting stuff only reminded me of how LOW, and LOUSY our society is, and has become. If people are really entertained with this kind of (PARDON THE EXPRESSION) "shit". Is it any wonder why they are uneducated, easily entertained with cheap talk, and unable to TIE THEIR SHOES????

jimnyc
02-04-2013, 08:51 PM
I forgiver her for such a foul ad that made me squirm. I think that's because I love her, or lust her.

http://img23.fansshare.com/celebrity/barrefaeli/450_bar-refaeli-1640927231.jpg

http://www.outofaces.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/bar-refaeli-3.jpg

jimnyc
02-04-2013, 08:53 PM
And here's the ad in question, the GoDaddy ad:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o-3j4-4N3Ng" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

logroller
02-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Best one I saw was the tide "miracle stain." It wasnt the funniest, but by far the most engaging. By bridging the enamoration with football and oddities into almost cult-like significance--It encompassed so many different social tendencies, all targeted to the specific audience. The blatant depth of audience appeal was unmatched imo. Exemplary! Marketing mastery. I could go on and on,

jimnyc
02-04-2013, 09:15 PM
Best one I saw was the tide "miracle stain." It wasnt the funniest, but by far the most engaging. By bridging the enamoration with football and oddities into almost cult-like significance--It encompassed so many different social tendencies, all targeted to the specific audience. The blatant depth of audience appeal was unmatched imo. Exemplary! Marketing mastery. I could go on and on,

I didn't see it, but just watched it now, that was good!!!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YoOfBVraMNw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

logroller
02-04-2013, 09:31 PM
I didn't see it, but just watched it now, that was good!!!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YoOfBVraMNw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
It managed to cover the dynamic between men and women, football obsession and rivalry, team loyalties and the players that form them, and social/ media hype in general--- all while directly plugging your product and its quality and the exact show your watching. Plus, you have to consider that they had to come up with it in the last two weeks. If there's an award for advertisers, this is deserving.

jafar00
02-05-2013, 12:00 AM
And here's the ad in question, the GoDaddy ad:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o-3j4-4N3Ng" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

That made me feel a little bit sick.

gabosaurus
02-05-2013, 01:35 AM
If tailfins had directed that commercial, Bar Rafaeli would have brought the geeky guy a beer and some fuzzy slippers before going back to finish dinner. :p

PostmodernProphet
02-05-2013, 08:51 AM
did the disparity in their looks make anyone uncomfortable?

seriously?.....are you going on record as saying there is no hope for ugly people......

gabosaurus
02-05-2013, 12:32 PM
My husband was an overweight, average looking nerdy guy when he was in high school. I was his first date, when he was in 12th grade. He shied away from girls because they laughed at him. A lot of guys laughed at him as well.
My husband had the last laugh. He went to college on full scholarship, landed a big bucks job and married a total babe. :cool:

Can't comment on the Super Bowl commercials because I didn't watch the game.

jimnyc
02-05-2013, 12:40 PM
My husband was an overweight, average looking nerdy guy when he was in high school. I was his first date, when he was in 12th grade. He shied away from girls because they laughed at him. A lot of guys laughed at him as well.
My husband had the last laugh. He went to college on full scholarship, landed a big bucks job and married a total babe. :cool:

You can comment on them, as the most talked about ones are right in this thread. I can't believe no on commented on the beautiful horse and his owner. :(

Robert A Whit
02-05-2013, 01:30 PM

I thought that she kissed a pig and he kissed a woman with no taste in men.
I thought he hit a home run and got to kiss a hot chick.

To kiss that way, they should have chosen a more comfortable setting.

I admit to cringing.

Robert A Whit
02-05-2013, 01:35 PM

Was he from a family well connected or perhaps rich?
Sounds like you felt sorry for him and wanted him to have at least one date with a self described total babe.
I dated many babes. Tell you the truth, most of them were sluts.

I dated one time a total babe from Piedmont, CA. Ask around. Those living there are loaded most of them anyway.

I walked into the entry of her home and all I saw was stuff from her church.

I was also dating another total babe who was a slut. Guess who got cut and who got kept by me?

My better choice was the christian babe. She was no slut.

Robert A Whit
02-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Yuk! But Bar Rafaeli is one hot momma!! But the ad was disgusting and I'm saddened she allowed herself to be used in such a manner.
The best ad by far:

Was it Jim?

First, though huge, it probably is the slowest horse of all breeds. I understand top speed is a lightening 15 miles per hour. Race horses hit over 30 mph.

I bet that Hussain Bolt would leave that horse in the dust.

A pick up truck hitting 15 miles per hour sure impressed me.

<IFRAME height=360 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o2prAccclXs" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

jimnyc
02-05-2013, 01:58 PM
Sounds like you felt sorry for him and wanted him to have at least one date with a self described total babe.

I dated one time a total babe from Piedmont, CA. Ask around. Those living there are loaded most of them anyway.

I walked into the entry of her home and all I saw was stuff from her church.

I was also dating another total babe who was a slut. Guess who got cut and who got kept by me?

My better choice was the christian babe. She was no slut.

Are you on the drugs again, Francis? :beer:

jimnyc
02-05-2013, 01:59 PM
Was it Jim?

First, though huge, it probably is the slowest horse of all breeds. I understand top speed is a lightening 15 miles per hour. Race horses hit over 30 mph.

I bet that Hussain Bolt would leave that horse in the dust.

A pick up truck hitting 15 miles per hour sure impressed me.

Is that really what you got out of the ad? LOL You didn't notice the bonding going on between the beautiful animal and the farmer dude? Then they recognized one another years later? And you see Usain Bolt? :poke:

Robert A Whit
02-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Are you on the drugs again, Francis? :beer:

You bet your ass I am. I am trying to use up the rest you sent to me before your current shipment now in transport reaches me. You use some good shit honey.

jimnyc
02-05-2013, 02:08 PM
You bet your ass I am. I am trying to use up the rest you sent to me before your current shipment now in transport reaches me. You use some good shit honey.

Fucker, now someone on here will take this seriously and notify the FBI of interstate drug dealing! Tell them you're only kidding, Francis!

Robert A Whit
02-05-2013, 02:11 PM
Is that really what you got out of the ad? LOL You didn't notice the bonding going on between the beautiful animal and the farmer dude? Then they recognized one another years later? And you see Usain Bolt? :poke:

Hey Jim, if you like horses living in a back of an apartment, watch "Two broke girls" on ABC TV.

I DVD the Superbowl so I plan to peek at the Ads again. I do so much multi tasking that I just did not focus on the ads. I can check them all though.

I suggest you buy a horse. Take it to the vet. Take it out so it can exercise. Clean up horse shit. Smell horse shit.

I was speaking of the fact that the horse is slow. So slow you can walk aside it, use a ladder and climb up top between steps. :coffee:

I am not that much of a horse rider though I have been known to sling some bull though. :salute:

Robert A Whit
02-05-2013, 02:15 PM
Fucker, now someone on here will take this seriously and notify the FBI of interstate drug dealing! Tell them you're only kidding, Francis!

When you take back that insult you made against me, fucker. Then we will fix my end.

jimnyc
02-05-2013, 02:16 PM
When you take back that insult you made against me, fucker. Then we will fix my end.

I didn't insult you, ya sensitive bastard!

gabosaurus
02-05-2013, 02:16 PM

As always, the sarcasm went WAY over your pointy little elderly head. :rolleyes:

Rich and well connected people did NOT grow up where I did. :laugh:
My neighborhood was/is lower to middle class and 25 percent Anglo. When I met my husband, he was working part time at an auto parts warehouse. We were set up because I wanted to meet someone who was smart and could hold a conversation. As opposed to being eye candy.
I would never call myself a babe except in jest. Because I'm not.

It's good to know that you dated a lot of sluts. I bet you got a lot when you were younger.

jimnyc
02-05-2013, 02:17 PM
your pointy little elderly head. :rolleyes:

:lol:

gabosaurus
02-05-2013, 02:21 PM
I did watch some of the commercials on Youtube. The two Doritos ads were hilarious. The stained jersey one was classic as well.
E-trade needs to retire the talking baby thing. The Budweiser commercials I saw were all awful. The Clydesdale thing could have been better.
The Dodge Ram farmer ad was so sappy, I couldn't finish watching it.

Robert A Whit
02-05-2013, 02:24 PM
I didn't insult you, ya sensitive bastard!

You said, and I quote ....Are you on the drugs again, Francis?

Now, there are two insults in that short sentence.

The term on drugs AGAIN and you called me a woman's name despite you knowing my nickname is not Francis but is Bob.

So, I simply delivered back to you what you did to me.

Telling a forum one member is using drugs again is bull shit. Though a question, you said AGAIN and that means the question is a statement.

When you insult a non drug user that way Jim, don't bitch when one speaks in similar tone to you.

I responded to an insult Jim. Didn't you see it as an insult to have me admit I use your shit?

Same damned thing.

Robert A Whit
02-05-2013, 02:31 PM
As always, the sarcasm went WAY over your pointy little elderly head. :rolleyes:

Rich and well connected people did NOT grow up where I did. :laugh:
My neighborhood was/is lower to middle class and 25 percent Anglo. When I met my husband, he was working part time at an auto parts warehouse. We were set up because I wanted to meet someone who was smart and could hold a conversation. As opposed to being eye candy.
I would never call myself a babe except in jest. Because I'm not.

It's good to know that you dated a lot of sluts. I bet you got a lot when you were younger.

Did you think my dad was a turnip farmer or that I fell off the back of the turnip wagon being born?

I did date a lot of sluts. But I also was over 21. I did not date at all in high school.

And by the way, I was handsome and did very well in the difficult courses.

I got little until after the age of 23.

jimnyc
02-05-2013, 02:31 PM
You said, and I quote ....Are you on the drugs again, Francis?

Now, there are two insults in that short sentence.

The term on drugs AGAIN and you called me a woman's name despite you knowing my nickname is not Francis but is Bob.

So, I simply delivered back to you what you did to me.

Telling a forum one member is using drugs again is bull shit. Though a question, you said AGAIN and that means the question is a statement.

When you insult a non drug user that way Jim, don't bitch when one speaks in similar tone to you.

I responded to an insult Jim. Didn't you see it as an insult to have me admit I use your shit?

Same damned thing.

Dude, I was just fucking with ya, enjoy another chill pill! :chillpill:

Didn't you see "Stripes", with Bill Murray? Francis was a guy. Also, one of my best friends growing up was Francis, went by "Franny". And I also named my ugly gear shifter Francis. Just a cool name which I called you for the hell of it.

As for drugs. Your post was funny, while I felt into another direction though! LOL So I kidded again about you perhaps being on drugs. Obviously you're not. But perhaps you need some? :poke:

Oh, and I was also still messing when I made my comments, as if nervous, and mentioning the FBI! If I mess with someone, of course I expect, and deserve a little ribbing in return.

We alright now Mr. Robert? Now stop being a sensitive fella and get with the program. :)

jimnyc
02-05-2013, 02:32 PM
Did you think my dad was a turnip farmer or that I fell off the back of the turnip wagon being born?

I did date a lot of sluts. But I also was over 21. I did not date at all in high school.

And by the way, I was handsome and did very well in the difficult courses.

I got little until after the age of 23.

I don't think I ever dated a "slut". I accidentally had sex with a slut at a party when I was 17 or 18 though.

Robert A Whit
02-05-2013, 02:36 PM
Dude, I was just fucking with ya, enjoy another chill pill! :chillpill:

Didn't you see "Stripes", with Bill Murray? Francis was a guy. Also, one of my best friends growing up was Francis, went by "Franny". And I also named my ugly gear shifter Francis. Just a cool name which I called you for the hell of it.

As for drugs. Your post was funny, while I felt into another direction though! LOL So I kidded again about you perhaps being on drugs. Obviously you're not. But perhaps you need some? :poke:

Oh, and I was also still messing when I made my comments, as if nervous, and mentioning the FBI! If I mess with someone, of course I expect, and deserve a little ribbing in return.

We alright now Mr. Robert? Now stop being a sensitive fella and get with the program. :)

Everybody knows I was kidding you back.

gabosaurus
02-05-2013, 02:37 PM
I don't think I ever dated a "slut". I accidentally had sex with a slut at a party when I was 17 or 18 though.

I "accidentally" had sex with a few guys before I met my husband. I am sure Robert did as well. Those handsome guys driving turnip trucks were quite popular back in the 50's. :rolleyes:
Robert can't fool me. I saw both "Grease" and "Rock Around The Clock."

jimnyc
02-05-2013, 02:44 PM
I "accidentally" had sex with a few guys before I met my husband. I am sure Robert did as well. Those handsome guys driving turnip trucks were quite popular back in the 50's. :rolleyes:

Well, it's not like I tripped and fell on top of her, but not much different. I also didn't know she was a slut till some time later, so it doesn't count anyway.

Robert A Whit
02-05-2013, 02:45 PM

Wow, you started young.

Out of respect to the women, I don't plan to explain my exploits. Other than to mention that I was a late bloomer. Think of me as the poor mans version of Warren Beatty.

Robert A Whit
02-05-2013, 02:53 PM

I got the idea you met and dated your husband in high school.

I have plenty to say about having sex with a few guys but plan to keep my mouth shut about what you did.

I will speak only of sluts though.

They had sex with a few guys before they got married also.

I am not presuming a single thing about you so don't get all pissy on me.

Abbey Marie
02-05-2013, 02:58 PM
seriously?.....are you going on record as saying there is no hope for ugly people......

Lol, I think you just won the "read into it whatever odd thing you want" award. :laugh2:

PostmodernProphet
02-05-2013, 04:14 PM

don't worry....we all know they were just horse tranquilizers......

PostmodernProphet
02-05-2013, 04:19 PM
Lol, I think you just won the "read into it whatever odd thing you want" award. :laugh2:

sorry, just felt bad that the thought of some attractive girl kissing me might make people uncomfortable......

gabosaurus
02-05-2013, 04:22 PM
I have plenty to say about having sex with a few guys but plan to keep my mouth shut about what you did.

You've had sex with a few guys? Please tell us more. :eek:

I admit up front that I was nobody's angel. I met my husband when I was 15 and he was 17. I was already considerably more "experienced" than he was. If you know what I mean and I think you do.
I offer no apologies because that is just how it was.
I haven't done more than look at other guys since I met my husband. There have been no divorces in my family. For any reason.
If you have been divorced for any other reason than infidelity, you have no right to cast any stones.

Robert A Whit
02-05-2013, 05:58 PM

I admit up front that I was nobody's angel. I met my husband when I was 15 and he was 17. I was already considerably more "experienced" than he was. If you know what I mean and I think you do.
I haven't done more than look at other guys since I met my husband. There have been no divorces in my family. For any reason.
If you have been divorced for any other reason than infidelity, you have no right to cast any stones.

Well, some homosexuals tried to pull that crap but I managed to escape.

But you know very well, after your bold confession you were the topic of that comment.

Look, you did what you did. If you refuse to commit adultery, bless you for that.

I have met so many cheating wives I throw up my hands and don't even let them get started talking to me about sex.

Tales not risque follow.

I was happily married I believed. My wife confessed that at her job, she was trying to have sex with as many men as would have her. My bad. I actually forgave her and tried to work on the marriage. She was a natural born cheater. She came to our marriage as a cheater and departed still one.
Next

Having rented a home for a client I sold it to, I had to visit said property to maybe collect rent or something. Too many years since it happened.

The renters wife and her lady pal were home. I took care of business and said I must leave.
(both girls were maybe 30 if that and hot looking)
They wanted me to stay. I joked with them that if I was drinking beer as they were, I might end up taking them to bed. I was kidding mind you.

The wife rushes to the refrigerator and tries to hand me a beer. I hardly knew her.

I got the hell out of there and I don't recall going back.

Another time. Showing a woman divorcee homes that was close to marrying some guy, she kept trying to get way too close. She was ooozing sex. Clearly she had it in mind.

We ended up kissing. This only after my wife told me her wild sex scenes where she worked.

We never had sex but got more intimate than kissing.

Case three. Mechanic that worked on airplanes I flew and I got to talking of him buyinng a home. He had an airplane to sell that he was part owner of.

He asked me to his home for dinner. He and his wife being 7th day adventists, I did not suspect the wife was one wild woman.

He by the way was killed in an airplane crash along with his 9 year old daughter. But he died several years after this tale. i attended Vaughn and his Daughter Jackies funeral and burial.

Back to the going to their home the first time.

We had a nice vegeterain dinner at their home and he suddenly says he will go to the bedroom and check on their children since they were by this time supposed to go to sleep.

He no sooner leaves the room when she schooches over to me and leans agaisnt me ans says to me, Bob, what can we do about our attraction. Well, she actually said, what can we do about us? I was so shocked.

Days afterr this I am showing her homes in an area they can actually buy in and she wants to really get it on.

Well, I was not married but am not proud of what happened though it was not what Clinton calls Sex.

When a woman openly hits on a man, depending on what is going on, sadly a man can be weaker than he wants to be.

Oh, he gets killed one Saturday morning and by the next AM she gets me on the phone to tell me that now we can get married. I had not hinted I would even think of marrying her. She asked me to stay with her at her home that same night of his burial. I was planning to until she started in with me.

No, I did not do it to her. But she wanted to. I also went to my home where I slept.

aboutime
02-05-2013, 06:48 PM

Too bad gabby. Your failed attempt to twist words just didn't fly. That's the best line used by professionals when they try to cast attention away from themselves. Look at how you Unknowingly brag about yourself above. Then you wonder why we do everything but call you the proper, familiar names you'd dare us to use.
At this point. Based on your feeble attempt to twist Robert's words.
You exposed your past, present, and future...for all to see. And never question.