PDA

View Full Version : Knife wielding attacker goes on rampage

jimnyc
02-05-2013, 12:55 PM
Granted not here in the USA, but goes to show that evil people will use any means necessary to do their killing.

A campaign rally in the town of Quininde for Ecuadorean President Rafael Correa turned deadly when a man charged into a crowd of Correa's supporters with a large knife and began attacking them.

Two people were killed and a further five were injured in the stabbing spree, which occurred two weeks before the February 17th elections that Correa is widely expected to win. A man suspected to be the attacker is currently in police custody.

<iframe src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=e6ad2db5f3bb" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

Marcus Aurelius
02-05-2013, 01:13 PM
It's a shame someone with a conceal/carry permit wasn't around to stop him... maybe 2 people would still be alive.

bingster
02-06-2013, 04:34 PM
If that person had a gun, I'll bet plenty more would have been killed.

Just like the Chinese attack during Newtown, when twenty some kids were attacked and all of them survived.

red states rule
02-06-2013, 04:37 PM
It's a shame someone with a conceal/carry permit wasn't around to stop him... maybe 2 people would still be alive.

and the liberal media would have ignored the story, the anti gun nuts would have wanted the person who shot the attacker dead thrown in jail, and that would be how the story would have been "reported"

Voted4Reagan
02-06-2013, 04:59 PM
WE NEED KNIFE CONTROL!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

jimnyc
02-06-2013, 05:12 PM
If that person had a gun, I'll bet plenty more would have been killed.

WE NEED KNIFE CONTROL!!!

Most knives just simply aren't scary enough. Never mind that they account for about 600% more deaths yearly than the assault weapons some want to ban. It seems like some are interested in saving lives, but prefer to go after guns that barely make a dent in the problem, and go after the law abiding citizen.

tailfins
02-06-2013, 05:19 PM
Granted not here in the USA, but goes to show that evil people will use any means necessary to do their killing.

He won't get away with it. He will be tagged a coward and hunted down by somebody. Had he brought two machetes, thrown one down daring someone to pick it up, all would have been cool with it being a fair fight.

cadet
02-06-2013, 06:15 PM
Most knives just simply aren't scary enough. Never mind that they account for about 600% more deaths yearly than the assault weapons some want to ban. It seems like some are interested in saving lives, but prefer to go after guns that barely make a dent in the problem, and go after the law abiding citizen.

Makes me curious about walking around with a sword....
And then, reading this book, maybe I'll just pick up learning the quarter staff... I could make it look like a walking stick...

Hey, thoughts of making guns illegal makes me more and more wanting to put my time into learning this stuff so i can at least protect myself legally.

Voted4Reagan
02-06-2013, 06:27 PM
knives were some of the first assault weapons

cadet
02-06-2013, 06:28 PM

I thought it was rocks? :laugh:

Voted4Reagan
02-06-2013, 06:31 PM
I thought it was rocks? :laugh:

In this order....

Rocks

Clubs

Knives

Spears

Bows

WE NEED ROCK/KNIFE/CLUB/SPEAR AND BOW CONTROL!!!!!

bingster
02-06-2013, 08:00 PM

Russians can give you arms but only the United States can give you a solution.

Anwar Sadat

I like your quote. Did you know Sadat was referring to Jimmy Carter?4479

Kathianne
02-06-2013, 08:06 PM

Anwar Sadat

I like your quote. Did you know Sadat was referring to Jimmy Carter?

Really, he thought Carter was defined as 'the United States?' He was that ignorant?

aboutime
02-06-2013, 08:09 PM

V4R. Don't you find it rather odd, as I do. That BRAINS are never mentioned as weapons?

Could it be because too many humanoids find themselves here on Earth....with little, or None???

bingster
02-06-2013, 08:19 PM
Really, he thought Carter was defined as 'the United States?' He was that ignorant?

They had just finished the "Camp David Accords" when he said it.

Kathianne
02-06-2013, 08:37 PM
They had just finished the "Camp David Accords" when he said it.

And you extrapolate what from that? That he's so ignorant to confuse the President of the US with the US?

Voted4Reagan
02-06-2013, 09:37 PM

Anwar Sadat

I like your quote. Did you know Sadat was referring to Jimmy Carter?

Yes Bing...I did...

see... thats the Difference between us Bingster..... I really didnt like Carter.... but I can acknowledge when he did the right thing...

Unlike you who can only spout party rhetoric when you're told to...

Dont play that game with me Bing.... I knew what Sadat was referring to....

now go back to your weed hippie unless you have something to contribute to the adults discussion

mundame
02-06-2013, 10:59 PM
Boy, I wish we had knife rampagers instead of assault rifle crazies. This knifer killed two and injured five?

The little Adam Lanza guy killed 27, he didn't fool around with injuries.

Yeah, knife crazies aren't as bad. Sounds great, Jim, let's ban all assault rifles and high-capacity magazines and just go with knives. Good idea.

red states rule
02-07-2013, 03:32 AM
Boy, I wish we had knife rampagers instead of assault rifle crazies. This knifer killed two and injured five?

Yeah, knife crazies aren't as bad. Sounds great, Jim, let's ban all assault rifles and high-capacity magazines and just go with knives. Good idea.

and could you please tell us how doing that will stop criminals from using those "assault rifles and high-capacity magazines" in the commission of their crimes?

And how would you defend yourself and your family if a criminal broke into you home and threatned you and your family with a assault rifles with a high-capacity magazine? That knife you have would not be a practical weapon

If oyu had one of those evil assault rifles with a high-capacity magazine you would have a better chance of taking the criminal out and perhaps saving your own life

jimnyc
02-07-2013, 11:58 AM

So you're saying you would rather go after weapons that kill more, and keep weapons around that kill less. Then why is it that guns like the AR15 are being chased away and the guns that kill like 12,000% more aren't being sought out for a ban? Or are you only interested in what kills more in one session?

Last year, approximately:

assault rifles - 400
knives - 1700

And you want to go with the latter and ban what kills less? You think lives will be saved. You are incorrect, and the facts show that each and every time.

Marcus Aurelius
02-07-2013, 12:41 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by mundame http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=615418#post615418)

So you're saying you would rather go after weapons that kill more, and keep weapons around that kill less. Then why is it that guns like the AR15 are being chased away and the guns that kill like 12,000% more aren't being sought out for a ban? Or are you only interested in what kills more in one session?

Last year, approximately:

assault rifles - 400
knives - 1700

And you want to go with the latter and ban what kills less? You think lives will be saved. You are incorrect, and the facts show that each and every time.

you have cited the vastly larger number of knife deaths vs. gun deaths over and over to her, and she ignores it every time. She's thick.

red states rule
02-08-2013, 03:15 AM
Looks like Mundame pulled a Gabby. You have to love those drive by posters :laugh2: