PDA

View Full Version : Vacation <gulp>

WiccanLiberal
02-05-2013, 08:25 PM
So the last vacation I took, back the end of October, didn't go so well. I have a few days left I have to use so I am taking them this week. So far a much better experience. I went to the library to exchange my books and heated up the slow cooker to make a new recipe. I took the leftover ham from the other night and added an onion, beans, tomatoes, green chilies, chicken stock and some spices and made a wonderful soup. I made cornbread to go with it and had a nice hot supper.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-05-2013, 08:48 PM
So the last vacation I took, back the end of October, didn't go so well. I have a few days left I have to use so I am taking them this week. So far a much better experience. I went to the library to exchange my books and heated up the slow cooker to make a new recipe. I took the leftover ham from the other night and added an onion, beans, tomatoes, green chilies, chicken stock and some spices and made a wonderful soup. I made cornbread to go with it and had a nice hot supper.

Damn, made me hungry just reading that and I ate only about 30 minutes ago!!!! When you added in cornbread my mouth started to water!!
Good gravy woman, be gentle on we that love good cooking, -please-..-;)
I had just finished eating some my wife's special recipe Bok choy (which I simply love) but your post made me honnnngry again!!--Tyr

Robert A Whit
02-05-2013, 09:20 PM
Damn, made me hungry just reading that and I ate only about 30 minutes ago!!!! When you added in cornbread my mouth started to water!!
I had just finished eating some my wife's special recipe Bok choy (which I simply love) but your post made me honnnngry again!!--Tyr

Do you know that Bok Choy, that I also love, and have some on hand, is a type of cabbage?

I have eaten it for years but only learned recently it is cabbage.

WiccanLiberal
02-05-2013, 10:09 PM
V4R counts himself lucky as the slow cooker is my friend and corn bread makes frequent guest appearances at dinner. That ham he made me buy the last big grocery trip we made has already provided three meals and will provide a few more. We had the ham Sunday, grilled cheese and ham sandwiches last night and the soup today. Some of the soup is in the freezer now for future quick fixes - nuke it and add a biscuit or two.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-05-2013, 11:00 PM
Do you know that Bok Choy, that I also love, and have some on hand, is a type of cabbage?

I have eaten it for years but only learned recently it is cabbage.

My wife uses boneless, skinless chicken breast chopped in her Bok choy, along with onion, potato, garlic and chicken broth . Quite excellent...

gabosaurus
02-05-2013, 11:05 PM
Who doesn't love vacation? My husband is saving all his vacation until the end of year. So we can travel to Melbourne and watch The Ashes. One of my good friends is getting tickets for the Boxing Day Test. The Poms are going down!

Robert A Whit
02-05-2013, 11:15 PM
My wife uses boneless, skinless chicken breast chopped in her Bok choy, along with onion, potato, garlic and chicken broth . Quite excellent...

And I can also make that. Yummy. This plus her ham soup, my lord a mitey. I also make cornbread. I have fresh garlic on hand.

I buy a really good chicken broth base. The name is

Better than Bouillon

A woman shopper once told me of it. I have tried others too. This is best.