PDA

View Full Version : Whats Everyones Favorite Reality Show?

nevadamedic
05-29-2007, 11:36 PM
Mine has to be either Big Brother or The Apprentice. I also like Survivor and The Amazing Race and the shows fox Reality has on their programming like Paradise Hotel, Forever Eden and Hooked Up. What about you guys?

manu1959
05-29-2007, 11:45 PM
reality shows are a waste.......

Abbey Marie
05-30-2007, 12:36 AM
I really enjoyed last summer's Treasure Hunters. It was different, educational, and solving the riddles was fun. I hope they make another one.

Hobbit
05-30-2007, 12:38 AM
Asking me what my favorite reality show is is like asking me my preferred method of gouging out my eyes.

manu1959
05-30-2007, 12:43 AM
Asking me what my favorite reality show is is like asking me my preferred method of gouging out my eyes.

no hobbit no! not those beautiful brown eyes:poke:

nevadamedic
05-30-2007, 12:53 AM
I really enjoyed last summer's Treasure Hunters. It was different, educational, and solving the riddles was fun. I hope they make another one.

That sounds familiar, what was it about?

Does anyone remember seing The Mole with Anderson Cooper? I loved that show, I think it was back in 2002 or 2003, I wish they did another season.

jackass
05-30-2007, 02:58 PM
Survivor, American Chopper, Dirty Jobs, Deadliest Catch, MythBusters...and for my guilty pleasures...I hate to admit it...

was the whole Flava Flave series:
Flavor of Love
I love New York and now...
Moniques Charm School.....I blame my wife for the Flavlor ones....

chum43
05-30-2007, 03:04 PM
the only good reality shows, or I should say the only ones that are complete shit to watch, are the non-competition non-celebrity actually reality shows... like for instance... dirty jobs, cheaters, cops, deadliest catch, real world(before it got huge and manufactured), and blind date... those are the decent ones I can think of... but the only way i'll even watch a reality show is if there is no competition and no celebrities involved.

nevadamedic
05-30-2007, 03:13 PM
Survivor, American Chopper, Dirty Jobs, Deadliest Catch, MythBusters...and for my guilty pleasures...I hate to admit it...

was the whole Flava Flave series:
Flavor of Love
I love New York and now...
Moniques Charm School.....I blame my wife for the Flavlor ones....

Falvor of Love is awesome, I have both seasons on dvd. New York got her own show? God I hated that woman on flavor of love.

Abbey Marie
05-30-2007, 03:46 PM
That sounds familiar, what was it about?

From IMDB:

"An adventure/mystery reality series where multi-player teams try to stay one step ahead of each other as they are mentally and physically challenged in their quest of a promised hidden treasure. The teams must avoid elimination as they travel to historically significant locations where they must decipher cryptic codes and puzzles, each with a clue leading them closer to solving the ultimate puzzle, and obtaining the coveted grand prize."
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0472981/

Me:
Intersting historical locales and riddles/puzzles to solve, made it a cut above other reality shows.

JLO
05-30-2007, 03:50 PM
From IMDB:

"An adventure/mystery reality series where multi-player teams try to stay one step ahead of each other as they are mentally and physically challenged in their quest of a promised hidden treasure. The teams must avoid elimination as they travel to historically significant locations where they must decipher cryptic codes and puzzles, each with a clue leading them closer to solving the ultimate puzzle, and obtaining the coveted grand prize."

Me:
Intersting historical locales and riddles/puzzles to solve, made it a cut above other reality shows.

I like Survivor and the Amazing Race. My friend and I keep talking about trying to get on the Amazing race show. That would be awesome!

Abbey Marie
05-30-2007, 04:11 PM
I like Survivor and the Amazing Race. My friend and I keep talking about trying to get on the Amazing race show. That would be awesome!

You should! Amazing Race looks like so much fun.

5stringJeff
05-30-2007, 04:14 PM
My favorite is The Biggest Loser, because the contesants are actually trying to better themselves. I always have a good feeling about life in general after watching the show.

nevadamedic
05-30-2007, 04:15 PM
From IMDB:

Me:

So, it's kinda like The Amazing Race

Abbey Marie
05-30-2007, 04:17 PM
So, it's kinda like The Amazing Race

It's historically-based, and to win you had to solve many puzzles, incuding a cryptex at the end. Other than that, there are broad similarities.

JLO
05-30-2007, 04:19 PM
You should! Amazing Race looks like so much fun.

I really want to! My friend moved to Arizona, so it will be hard to make a movie to summit. Maybe I will tape my half, and send it to her so she can tape her half. I think I will look into it.

jackass
05-30-2007, 05:31 PM
My friend sent a tape into Survivor. He never made it. I always wanted to too...if nothing but to lose some weight...hahaha.
My wife always says I will either be the first one voted off or the winner.
What I dont understand is how people just up leave their lives. How do they pay the bills with all the time off??

nevadamedic
05-30-2007, 05:37 PM
My friend sent a tape into Survivor. He never made it. I always wanted to too...if nothing but to lose some weight...hahaha.
My wife always says I will either be the first one voted off or the winner.
What I dont understand is how people just up leave their lives. How do they pay the bills with all the time off??

Its really not that much time off. I am sending a tape into Big Brother.

Guernicaa
05-30-2007, 05:48 PM
Real World....The Simple Life....and I use to love that show where they traded moms.

jackass
05-30-2007, 07:56 PM
Its really not that much time off. I am sending a tape into Big Brother.

Survivor is 39 days. Thats alot of time.

chum43
05-30-2007, 07:59 PM
Real World....The Simple Life....and I use to love that show where they traded moms.

oh yes i forgot wife swap and trading spouses, those are two more good non-competition non-celebrity reality shows.

Guernicaa
05-30-2007, 08:04 PM
Ahh what the fuck I can't believe I forgot the best reality show on TV these days...

Little People, Big World!

chum43
05-30-2007, 08:07 PM
Ahh what the fuck I can't believe I forgot the best reality show on TV these days...

Little People, Big World!

yes, and AIRPORT... i think they were on back to back at one point on A&E... the only channel doing exclusively noncompetition noncelebrity reality shows...

Said1
05-30-2007, 08:13 PM
Intervention. That show rocks. Did anyone see the one with meth-head Christy? Naked, high and drunk Christy gets knocked around by her little sister in the drive-way.

5stringJeff
05-30-2007, 09:59 PM
Intervention. That show rocks. Did anyone see the one with meth-head Christy? Naked, high and drunk Christy gets knocked around by her little sister in the drive-way.

TTIWWOP

Baron Von Esslingen
05-31-2007, 01:02 AM
UFC. Hands down.