PDA

View Full Version : Teaching young people respect for authority

gabosaurus
02-05-2013, 11:19 PM
This is one of the most awesome videos I have seen in a while. I need to bookmark this and show it to kids who think disrupting class and smarting off are funny.
Watch the video to the end and get the punch line.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lLA7dQ-uxR0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Marcus Aurelius
02-05-2013, 11:27 PM
Good for the judge.

darin
02-06-2013, 07:51 AM
I'd bet dollars to donuts that girls parents are liberals/progressives. Judges - society; not our job to teach other losers' kids respect. Classic parenting failure.

taft2012
02-06-2013, 07:59 AM
That's pretty standard female fare.

First she tried to get by with her looks and charming the judge.

When that failed, she had the arms crossed chicken head thing going, scowling.

tailfins
02-06-2013, 08:17 AM
I figured you would be proud of her for being an assertive woman. Typical.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-06-2013, 08:31 AM
He should have given her 90 days. As she obviously thought the whole thing funny until he got really serious calling her back. Once he went from money to days in jail she finally got the message. I would have given her 90 days in jail myself. -Tyr

Marcus Aurelius
02-06-2013, 08:32 AM
He should have given her 90 days. As she obviously thought the whole thing funny until he got really serious calling her back. Once he went from money to days in jail she finally got the message. I would have given her 90 days in jail myself. -Tyr

I would have come to some other arrangement with her... ;)

jimnyc
02-06-2013, 12:09 PM
This is one of the most awesome videos I have seen in a while. I need to bookmark this and show it to kids who think disrupting class and smarting off are funny.
Watch the video to the end and get the punch line.

Saw this yesterday. People forget that judges have discretionary power and can hold people in contempt like that. I'm betting she is much nicer in 30 days!

tailfins
02-06-2013, 12:15 PM

A crappy community service sentence would have been better. There's no point in making even a butthole like her destitute if they have a job.

gabosaurus
02-06-2013, 12:16 PM
I'd bet dollars to donuts that girls parents are liberals/progressives. Judges - society; not our job to teach other losers' kids respect. Classic parenting failure.

Classic response failure. She could be the daughter of a rich Republican who is used to getting everything she wants.

Kids I talk to think they rule the world. Until they end up suspended and get their school privileges taken away. Then the parents who normally avoid or ignore our phone calls are suddenly very eager to talk with us.

bingster
02-06-2013, 12:21 PM

I was all geared up to be pissed off and offended by your liberal/progressive reference.... but then I thought about it and agreed. You're probably right. The "we don't spank our kids" group is definitely liberal.

Although Gabby's right too. If you think spoiled brat kids are only limited to progressives you don't get out much.

tailfins
02-06-2013, 12:31 PM
I was all geared up to be pissed off and offended by your liberal/progressive reference.... but then I thought about it and agreed. You're probably right. The "we don't spank our kids" group is definitely liberal.

Although Gabby's right too. If you think spoiled brat kids are only limited to progressives you don't get out much.

You're right to an extent. I don't get out much. I cut ties to US society twenty years ago (while still living in the US). My family is Brazilian; I go to a Brazilian church; I work mostly with people from India. My neighbors are Anglo and I don't get along with them very well. The last I heard from them was screeching and demanding I take down the Romney signs in the common area (didn't happen).

Classic response failure. She could be the daughter of a rich Republican who is used to getting everything she wants.

Kids I talk to think they rule the world. Until they end up suspended and get their school privileges taken away. Then the parents who normally avoid or ignore our phone calls are suddenly very eager to talk with us.

You would never have to worry about that from my kids. They don't socialize at school. When I asked my youngest's teacher to get out of dancing because it was against our religious beliefs, she never knew anything about that because my son avoids saying anything to anybody beyond what is absolutely necessary. He's a different kid at church.

I pressed my son on this issue. He said when he can make a "finger gun" and say "bang you're dead" he will know it's OK to play at school, if everyone is uptight like that he just won't play at school.

Kathianne
02-06-2013, 05:02 PM

Girls like that one? Not so lucky getting through, trying to get by on her looks and coyness. I bet her dad, grandfathers, and brothers all encourage her 'little girl act.' By high school, hard to turn those around. They won't get serious, don't really care about grades, and we can't hold them in contempt, (legally incarcerate at least.)

Kathianne
02-06-2013, 05:03 PM
You're right to an extent. I don't get out much. I cut ties to US society twenty years ago (while still living in the US). My family is Brazilian; I go to a Brazilian church; I work mostly with people from India. My neighbors are Anglo and I don't get along with them very well. The last I heard from them was screeching and demanding I take down the Romney signs in the common area (didn't happen).

You would never have to worry about that from my kids. They don't socialize at school. When I asked my youngest's teacher to get out of dancing because it was against our religious beliefs, she never knew anything about that because my son avoids saying anything to anybody beyond what is absolutely necessary. He's a different kid at church.

I pressed my son on this issue. He said when he can make a "finger gun" and say "bang you're dead" he will know it's OK to play at school, if everyone is uptight like that he just won't play at school.

Why aren't you homeschooling? Sounds like the public schools aren't good for your kids.

tailfins
02-06-2013, 05:24 PM
Why aren't you homeschooling? Sounds like the public schools aren't good for your kids.

Who's going to do the homeschooling? My wife can barely do addition. I help my sons with Geometry already and some simple Algebra and pre-Trigonometry.