PDA

View Full Version : Got a Gun? Get Insured, Dems Say

red states rule
02-06-2013, 02:49 AM
Oh goodie - another brilliant idea from the gun hating left. I am sure criminals will take time to buy a policy so they will comply with another gun law passed by libs

Democratic lawmakers proposed legislation Tuesday that would require California gun owners to buy liability insurance to cover damages or injuries caused by their weapons.

Similar bills have been introduced in other states after the Newtown, Conn., school massacre. They include Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and New York.

"I was moved, like many others, being the father of two young children, by the Sandy Hook incident and looking for constructive ways to manage gun violence here in California as well as the rest of the country," said Assemblyman Philip Ting of San Francisco, who introduced AB231 along with Assemblyman Jimmy Gomez of Los Angeles. "There's basically a cost that is born by the taxpayers when accidents occur. ... I don't think that taxpayers should be footing those bills."

Ting equated the idea to requiring vehicle owners to buy auto insurance. Gomez said it would encourage gun owners to take firearms safety classes and keep their guns locked up to get lower insurance rates.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/05/own-gun-time-to-buy-violence-insurance-california-democrats-say/#ixzz2KA75gQs4

Marcus Aurelius
02-06-2013, 08:44 AM
the additional cost for insurance would be an infringement on my 2nd amendment right to 'keep and bear arms'.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-06-2013, 09:03 AM
Oh goodie - another brilliant idea from the gun hating left. I am sure criminals will take time to buy a policy so they will comply with another gun law passed by libs

How soon before obama issues an Executive Order mandating that nationwide!?? I am sure he has the authority already signed into law somewhere, somehow in the past and if not -no big deal. The dem party and the lemmings already declared his Executive Orders to have authority over ALL..

EXECUTIVE ORDER NUMBER
FU-1, I your magnificent messiah do decree that I your God have absolute authority over all branches of government and that damn rotten Constitution.
sub article -1, All that object in anyway to Executive Order FU-1 ARE SUBJECT TO DRONE STRIKES AT MY DISCRETION. Have a nice day..
signed,
King Obama I

Anton Chigurh
02-06-2013, 09:34 AM
Ting equated the idea to requiring vehicle owners to buy auto insurance.There is no constitutional right to keep and bear motor vehicles.

Marcus Aurelius
02-06-2013, 11:22 AM
Ting equated the idea to requiring vehicle owners to buy auto insurance.

There is no constitutional right to keep and bear motor vehicles.

Ting is an idiot.

red states rule
02-07-2013, 03:27 AM
This is more proof that libs do not care about the end results of their ideas and legislation - only their good intentions. More restrictions of guns that criminals will ignore just so libs can pat themselves on the back and tell the under informed voters that they did something.