PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm Hagel Vote Postponed

Kathianne
02-06-2013, 06:56 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2013/02/06/hagel-vote-postponed/

With 25 Republican senators signing on to a letter circulated by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) requesting a delay in the hearing vote previously scheduled for Thursday, Sen. Carl Levin (D-Mich.) chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee agreed to postpone the vote, in a surprising last minute setback to the Hagel confirmation. The letter in its entirely is here (http://www.washingtonpost.com/r/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2013/02/06/Editorial-Opinion/Graphics/Feb%206%20Response%20to%20Sen.%20Hagel.pdf).

It is noteworthy that the senators include Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) and John McCain (R-Ariz.), who previously said they would not filibuster Hagel’s nomination. However, the letter states flatly that unless the required data is provided a vote “should not occur.”

What is unclear is whether this is a somewhat choreographed maneuver whereby the White House, the Senate and Hagel can all end this. Not unlike Harriet Miers, whose nomination to the Supreme Court ended when the White House could not provide documents covered under executive privilege, this gives all sides a chance to end what has been a disastrous nomination.

In the short term this provides Republican opponents more time to secure opposition. From the administration’s point of view, it must endure another round of Sunday shows, forcing its allies to defend an indefensible nominee and affording opponents to make the case against him.

aboutime
02-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Not a surprise. Hagel is Obama's BEST HOPE in the destruction of our military. Just today. The present OUTGOING SECDEF put a hold on a Navy Aircraft Carrier Strike Group that was destined, and assigned to be the 2nd carrier in the Persian Gulf.

Today. The USS Eisenhower will become the LONE carrier over there. And The Pretend President is seeing his wishes come true. Just another CHIP at the destruction of our nation through violating his Oath to Protect the American people.

This is merely the beginning America.

Obama and Your Votes are working just as planned.

Wait till ALL OF YOU GET THE BILL...signed by AlJazzera Brotherhood members who Hate America.

Anton Chigurh
02-06-2013, 07:07 PM
He's shot down. The GOP better be ready now, this was the feint - the real punch is coming. Someone SO objectionable and yet impossible to vehemently oppose.

Someone of color.

Anton Chigurh
02-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Hagel is Obama's BEST HOPE in the destruction of our military. No he ain't. As I just pointed out, Hagel was a feint.

Anton Chigurh
02-06-2013, 07:21 PM
What I said above is first of all, because there is NO way a President nominates a SecDef who is unwilling to comply on the financial disclosures. UNLESS, it is a member of the opposing party and you do it as a feint - so that after you "regrettably" withdraw his name, you then nominate someone that is the most objectionable possible for the opposition to stomach.

THEN when they kick up the predictable fuss, you say "DAMN! You all are just unreasonable, just being obstructive. I nominated a REPUBLICAN and that wasn't good enough for you, now this? I tried to be inclusive and be big tent, you rejected one of your own and now you're giving me more trouble over this guy?"

I see it coming. Watch for someone REALLY stinky like a Van Jones or a Gary Samore - or John Brennan, or even a Susan Rice!

aboutime
02-06-2013, 08:12 PM
He's shot down. The GOP better be ready now, this was the feint - the real punch is coming. Someone SO objectionable and yet impossible to vehemently oppose.

Someone of color.

Doesn't really matter as long as OBAMA reaches his goal of destroying the military of the United States. His first attempt was successful, using tactics from within the military by getting rid of D.A.D.T.
Then, allowing women to become Front Line soldiers.
Followed by Cutting back on Training, Repairs, and Manpower that help to eliminate threats to our Enemies, and Obama's Friends.

Anton Chigurh
02-06-2013, 08:15 PM
It's nothing new Man. We saw this with Carter and Clinton too. They always overreach, they can't help themselves.