PDA

View Full Version : Awesome statement by the Times of India

gabosaurus
02-06-2013, 11:25 PM
One of the world's great newspapers takes a stand against the abuse of women.

I am going to request a reprint of this to hang in my office.

Tailfins, please read this and take note. Particularly the last two lines.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7027425024/h73D797E3/

Anton Chigurh
02-06-2013, 11:27 PM
That's sure to further offend the Muslim world.... India and Pakistan hate one another more than the Arab world hates Israel.

Kathianne
02-06-2013, 11:28 PM
Cool sign, I agree. Now let's have them define, 'respect women.'

02-06-2013, 11:51 PM
I think it's self-evident that men need to respect the women in their life. I just wish they did it.

tailfins
02-07-2013, 12:01 AM

Funny how you equate being a chauvinist to being a batterer. Apples and oranges. Your definition of "respect" is for a man to allow himself to get beat up by a woman's selfishness. Being an IT geek, I see how male colleagues get treated by females. That respect thing you speak of seems like a one way street to me. Women deserve respect when they can respect this:

http://senorrivera.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/nerd3.jpg

Kathianne
02-07-2013, 12:04 AM
I think it's self-evident that men need to respect the women in their life. I just wish they did it.

Tailfins claims to 'respect' 'his' woman. As I said, a definition of 'respect' seems needed.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-07-2013, 12:08 AM

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7027425024/h73D797E3/

Hey Gabs, how about you present proof that tailfins ever gave here that showed he disrespected his wife. I mean, I've never seen it and just being a man does not qualify as proof.. Also you have made derogatory remarks about American men marrying foreign women while presenting not a single shred of justification for taking that stand. Perhaps you should eat more and talk less.-Tyr

02-07-2013, 12:16 AM
Tailfins claims to 'respect' 'his' woman. As I said, a definition of 'respect' seems needed.

I don't see how he isn't respecting women based on anything he's said here. But yes, a definition of respect seems to be needed. and I agree, that women need to respect men too. In fact, it's something men crave. I don't know a single man who doesn't want his significant other to respect who he is. And I dont know a man more miserable than one who thinks his wife doesn't give a crap about him.

Kathianne
02-07-2013, 12:21 AM
I don't see how he isn't respecting women based on anything he's said here. But yes, a definition of respect seems to be needed. and I agree, that women need to respect men too. In fact, it's something men crave. I don't know a single man who doesn't want his significant other to respect who he is. And I dont know a man more miserable than one who thinks his wife doesn't give a crap about him.

I agree with women needing to respect men. I'll carry it a tad further, all this playground nonsense, we need to let boys be boys; and girls, girls. There are differences. Sometimes either may go off too far, that needs to be reined in, but not what's currently going on.

tailfins
02-07-2013, 12:25 AM
Hey Gabs, how about you present proof that tailfins ever gave here that showed he disrespected his wife. I mean, I've never seen it and just being a man does not qualify as proof.. Also you have made derogatory remarks about American men marrying foreign women while presenting not a single shred of justification for taking that stand. Perhaps you should eat more and talk less.-Tyr

I just wish you had figured that out before enduring a bad marriage. We do have one slight difference of opinion. You consider "mail order bride" a derogatory thing. If a guy goes through an agency, I see nothing objectionable about him doing that. I also see nothing objectionable about a foreign women turning their back on a community full of drunken, wife beating men.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-07-2013, 12:33 AM

I give respect where it is earned. No blanket application from me.
Gabs kept alluding to tailfins marriage of a foreign lady and making disparaging remarks, etc.
Her specific justification for doing so presented no proof. I merely asked her to present some.
How much he does or does not respect other women I did not comment on.
I'll let him make that commentary.

I agre let -"them" - define respect women.
I have my guidelines and they have always taken into account that both men and women are human and therefore not anywhere near perfect. -Tyr

Kathianne
02-07-2013, 12:39 AM
I give respect where it is earned. No blanket application from me.
Gabs kept alluding to tailfins marriage of a foreign lady and making disparaging remarks, etc.
Her specific justification for doing so presented no proof. I merely asked her to present some.
How much he does or does not respect other women I did not comment on.
I'll let him make that commentary.

I agre let -"them" - define respect women.
I have my guidelines and they have always taken into account that both men and women are human and therefore not anywhere near perfect. -Tyr

I think Gabby and others have taken offense at his portrayal of American women. We all are aware that your wife is Filipino, whether American or not, who cares? You and her are simpatico, enuf said. Nope, Tailfins brought the questioning up himself, by disrespecting women of the US, regardless of race, ethnicity, or religion.

tailfins
02-07-2013, 12:45 AM
I think Gabby and others have taken offense at his portrayal of American women. We all are aware that your wife is Filipino, whether American or not, who cares? You and her are simpatico, enuf said. Nope, Tailfins brought the questioning up himself, by disrespecting women of the US, regardless of race, ethnicity, or religion.

I washed my hands of them over twenty-five years ago and with good reason. I urge guys, especially nerdy guys to do the same. Of course this band figured it out 43 years ago. I see what my son is up against at school which just triple confirms it. Crappy abusive females deserve NO courtesy. Just silence and a bullying complaint if they don't respect the silence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkqfpkTTy2w

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-07-2013, 12:48 AM
I just wish you had figured that out before enduring a bad marriage. We do have one slight difference of opinion. You consider "mail order bride" a derogatory thing. If a guy goes through an agency, I see nothing objectionable about him doing that. I also see nothing objectionable about a foreign women turning their back on a community full of drunken, wife beating men.

I have no experience with "mail order bride " agency etc. I meet my wife thru family connections but agree that if two people come together in a real relationship-even if by way of a mail-order agency then nothing wrong with that. I do know that many use the term -"mail order brid"- in a derogatory manner and although it does not apply in my case I still always point out such people's bias and ignorance. Getting a spouse visa or fiance visa from our government forces absolute proof of a true and legitimate relationship! Otherwise it is not granted. My oldest brother did it-now married 21 years to his wife, my best friend did- now married almost 14 years to his wife and I did now married 9 years this coming December.
MY BAD MARRIAGE GAVE ME MY OLDEST DAUGHTER AND I'D GLADLY ENDURE ALL THE MISERY AGAIN FROM MY EX-WIFE FOR MY DAUGHTER!! Better late than never on finding a soul mate and helpmate that believes in family. ..-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-07-2013, 12:53 AM

Fair enough. I wasn't aware of those comments by him. I know we all are human and we all have our weaknesses, prejudices and vices etc.

My friend its -filipinA - with an A when speaking of female-- filpinO - WITH -O- when speaking of a male.
AND THANK YOU FOR THE KIND WORDS! WE ARE SIMPATICO.. --:beer:-Tyr

gabosaurus
02-07-2013, 12:54 AM
Respect goes hand in hand with equality.
In the past, women had no rights. They were pretty much property of the man who married them. Women were expected to cook, clean, bear and raise children and pretty much serve as domesticated servants. In that era, women had to walk behind men and couldn't never question a man's opinions or directives. They need their husband's permission to do pretty much everything.

The modern woman is equal to men in everything except for physical strength. We can have careers and don't need men to support us if we choose.
There will always been men who prefer women from a previous era. They don't want a woman who can question them or talk back to them. So they seek out cultures where women remain submissive and domesticated.

I would like to ask tailfins what made his previous marriage(s) so bad. Did you ex-wife beat you up? Steal from you? See other men? Or did she merely not allow you to run her life?

Kathianne
02-07-2013, 12:58 AM
In the past, women had no rights. They were pretty much property of the man who married them. Women were expected to cook, clean, bear and raise children and pretty much serve as domesticated servants. In that era, women had to walk behind men and couldn't never question a man's opinions or directives. They need their husband's permission to do pretty much everything.

The modern woman is equal to men in everything except for physical strength. We can have careers and don't need men to support us if we choose.
There will always been men who prefer women from a previous era. They don't want a woman who can question them or talk back to them. So they seek out cultures where women remain submissive and domesticated.

I would like to ask tailfins what made his previous marriage(s) so bad. Did you ex-wife beat you up? Steal from you? See other men? Or did she merely not allow you to run her life?

I can see different men choosing different women for different reasons. LOL! No harm, no foul. Some want a stay at home wife, fine. Some want a major breadwinner, fine. Some want something inbetween, fine. Some want 5 kids, some 2. Some none. All fine. As long as both participate. That's America.

Now other cultures? Some very different.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-07-2013, 01:07 AM

^^^^^ YOUR DISAPPROVAL OF THAT BOLD IN BLUE ABOVE DOES NOT COMPUTE WITH YOUR ADMIRATION AND GLORIOUS PRAISE HEAPED UPON ISLAM.

FOR ISLAM TAKES THAT TO THE EXTREME, YET YOU IGNORE THAT FACT!!

COMPLETELY CONTRADICTORY STANDS YET YOU HOLD THEM BOTH!!-Tyr

02-07-2013, 01:12 AM

I think you are fooling yourself gabby. Women will always need men and men will always need women. We were designed to be complimentary. It's only when men and women work together that we reach our ultimate potential.

Kathianne
02-07-2013, 01:36 AM
I think you are fooling yourself gabby. Women will always need men and men will always need women. We were designed to be complimentary. It's only when men and women work together that we reach our ultimate potential.

Beautifully said. Gabby will say how she can 'get along on her own' which I don't doubt. I know all about that. But it's not the best for woman or children. Nor man. Sometimes it's necessary, but should be rare to go it alone.

02-07-2013, 01:55 AM
Beautifully said. Gabby will say how she can 'get along on her own' which I don't doubt. I know all about that. But it's not the best for woman or children. Nor man. Sometimes it's necessary, but should be rare to go it alone.

i can understand that perspective, but it's not true. I thought I could "get along on my own" when I was single. It wasn't until I was married that I realized how much my potential increased with my wife. I am not just talking the potential to have children etc. But my potential as a human being. Probably because I was able to see my faults alot faster and make corrections.

revelarts
02-07-2013, 10:00 AM
Fire in the Hole!

How About we all just start by respecting that ALL humans from conception to the 105 have the right to live. And that without threat of being killed, tortured or beaten.

how about that? Just for a start.

tailfins
02-07-2013, 10:36 AM

You're confusing me with Tyr. I had no previous marriage. Before learning Portuguese I never made it past about a fourth date. I have several friends/acquaintances in the same boat except they don't have the gumption to learn multiple languages or visit dangerous places. If there are other male nerd lurkers out there, my advice is to look in small towns. My wife and I have helped others get together. If one of them won't agree to be bilingual, it's a setup for failure.

Perhaps it's my abusive older half sisters any of which will find themselves with criminal charges if they ever darken my doorway. Imaging an adult woman yelling at their mother for not having money to give them because she bought a trampoline for a 9 year old kid (me at the time). I learned a zero courtesy policy is appropriate for pushy women from the time I was elementary school age.

WiccanLiberal
02-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Ya know...I look at this thread and thank my Dad for the way he raised his girls. My father was a bit of an old-fashioned father in some ways. He believed in a consistent discipline. My mother never worked outside the home once she married. Sounds like the 1950's, right? Not really. My father realized and more than once said that all kids needed to be raised to respect the other gender and to cope with all the tasks of life regardless of whether they were gender traditional or not. He saw that people were marrying later and spending longer stretches of time on their own. Everyone needed to know how to sew on a button, cook a reasonable meal, keep their clothes and living space clean, check their oil, change a tire, you get the picture. He raised women who could handle life on their own, respect themselves and therefore RESPECT OTHERS. I am the eldest of three. My nearest sister has been married for years but has had to spend some time away from her husband. She has worked outside the home, been a full time mom for years then worked in their family business. She knows how to do everything from bake bread to fixing a VCR. And has raised a boy and a girl who are responsible young adults. My youngest sister has been with the same man for about as long as the other sister has been married. While she can be a little abrasive, obviously their relationship hasn't suffered for it. And then there's me. When I moved out of my parental home, my Dad gave me a basket full of cleaning supplies and a tool box. I always knew I could handle life on my own but just handling it is not the best - sharing it is. Twelve years with V4R and we still don't always agree - doubt that will ever happen - but we face life together. It seems to me that if more people simply respected themselves they would have more respect for and from others.

tailfins
02-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Ya know...I look at this thread and thank my Dad for the way he raised his girls. My father was a bit of an old-fashioned father in some ways. He believed in a consistent discipline. My mother never worked outside the home once she married. Sounds like the 1950's, right? Not really. My father realized and more than once said that all kids needed to be raised to respect the other gender and to cope with all the tasks of life regardless of whether they were gender traditional or not. He saw that people were marrying later and spending longer stretches of time on their own. Everyone needed to know how to sew on a button, cook a reasonable meal, keep their clothes and living space clean, check their oil, change a tire, you get the picture. He raised women who could handle life on their own, respect themselves and therefore RESPECT OTHERS. I am the eldest of three. My nearest sister has been married for years but has had to spend some time away from her husband. She has worked outside the home, been a full time mom for years then worked in their family business. She knows how to do everything from bake bread to fixing a VCR. And has raised a boy and a girl who are responsible young adults. My youngest sister has been with the same man for about as long as the other sister has been married. While she can be a little abrasive, obviously their relationship hasn't suffered for it. And then there's me. When I moved out of my parental home, my Dad gave me a basket full of cleaning supplies and a tool box. I always knew I could handle life on my own but just handling it is not the best - sharing it is. Twelve years with V4R and we still don't always agree - doubt that will ever happen - but we face life together. It seems to me that if more people simply respected themselves they would have more respect for and from others.

Be thankful you didn't have to deal with hostile adult half-siblings circling like vultures through your childhood. The only saving grace is that last one moved out when I was two. All them went into orbit with anger when my parents bought me a new pickup truck as a graduation present. I at least had the satisfaction of telling them I needed the pickup to drive to university so I wouldn't be high school dropout white trash like them. I reminded them I was Mom's last AND ONLY chance to have a successful child. I am the progressive one of the family!

WiccanLiberal
02-07-2013, 01:08 PM
I realize I was very fortunate. My family had issues - all families do - but ours weren't as bad as many. Sounds like those others aren't a part of your life now and you have the family you need. Good for you as it sounds like they must have been pretty toxic. None of us need that in our lives.

Robert A Whit
02-07-2013, 06:41 PM

You are not even 30? What century do you claim this all took place?

Things have changed a lot. Mom was born in 1923 and I assure you, Mom worked.

My step dad made plenty of money. Mom bore 6 kids. She had her hands full doing something she loved to do. I suspect you are speaking only of your family history.

tailfins
02-07-2013, 07:27 PM
You are not even 30? What century do you claim this all took place?

Things have changed a lot. Mom was born in 1923 and I assure you, Mom worked.

My step dad made plenty of money. Mom bore 6 kids. She had her hands full doing something she loved to do. I suspect you are speaking only of your family history.

Your mom was younger (born later) than mine. It took my mom six attempts before finally bearing a decent human being.

aboutime
02-07-2013, 08:25 PM

Kathianne. Good question. I have greater respect for women, and men if they earn the respect, and are respectful to not only me, but others. No matter what gender they happen to be.

I have little, if any respect for women who have foul mouth's, disrespect their own bodies, and destroy themselves with objects, or tats that bring out the lowest side of women who disrespect themselves.

In other words. Since I was brought up in an age where men, and boys were taught to respect women who acted like ladies, and not the world's oldest professionals. I find today's women are only earning the respect they demonstrate as Real Women instead of pretending they are more male to gain respect.