PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC: Damn These Conservatives for Trying to "Kill the Post Office"

red states rule
02-08-2013, 03:45 AM
Yea, the Post Ofcie is going under because it offers an out dated service. Or it pays its employes too much and has expensive benefits. No, the PO is going broke because of those damn R's

Or at least that is the excuse offered on DNCTV to the PO getting rid of Saturday delivery

There's a dastardly conspiracy afoot to shut down the United States Postal Service, Lefty screamer Ed Schultz has informed his MSNBC audience. The culprits? Republicans, match. The USPS recently announced (http://www.foxbusiness.com/government/2013/02/06/post-office-saturday-cut-too-little-too-late/) its decision to end Saturday mail service, an attempt to stanch its years-long budget bleeding; the federal entity lost $16 billion in 2012. Though this move is only projected to save the Post Office roughly $2 billion annually, it's still an important nod to reality. I discussed this issue on CNBC (http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?play=1&video=3000146372) last night, where even the liberal panelist seemed to agree that major reductions are in order and that it might be time for the postal service to be cut loose from Congress' umbilical cord:

<object id="cnbcplayer" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0" >

<embed name="cnbcplayer" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" bgcolor="#000000" quality="best" wmode="transparent" scale="noscale" salign="lt" src="http://plus.cnbc.com/rssvideosearch/action/player/id/3000146372/code/cnbcplayershare" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="380" width="400">
</object>

I borrowed one of the president's preferred buzz phrases -- "teachable moments" -- to argue that the USPS' forthcoming cuts can be instructive in budget battles to come. These will be genuine and deep cuts to a prominent arm of the federal government. They're being made out of economic necessity, to partially correct an unsustainable and insolvent business model. And once they're implemented, human life on planet earth will somehow manage to endure. People who need to mail something on a weekend will choose from an array of private sector options, and life will go on. "Draconian" spending cuts are often not the catacysmic events they're hyped up to be by people whose ideology won't countenance pared back government. Speaking of whom, host Ed Schultz and two like-minded guests, Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-VA) and a postal worker, are blaming Republicans (http://freebeacon.com/connolly-on-usps-cutting-saturday-delivery/) for the ongong woes of the USPS, fretting that the GOP is trying to "starve" it to death (via the Free Beacon):

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2013/02/07/msnbc-damn-these-conservatives-for-trying-to-kill-the-post-office-n1507541

glockmail
02-08-2013, 12:00 PM
My wife and I were thrilled to hear that they are finally taking our advice and doing this. No one needs Saturday delivery, and it's more a pain in the ass than anything because we're frequently at our second home on weekends.

Next should be to cut Wednesday delivery to make it four days. Eventually I'd like to see delivery cut to M-W-F with Tu-Th-Sat dedicated to sorting and transport, effectively reducing the work force by 1/2, yet you'll still get your mail delivered just about anywhere in two days, neglecting Sunday.

Thunderknuckles
02-08-2013, 12:18 PM
These guys are unbelievable! The Internet is the single greatest force behind the decline in revenue to the USPS.
As for Republicans, the Democrats should be singing their praise and bowing before their "wisdom". It was Bush who signed the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act which required the USPS to prefund 75 years of health benefits to their employees, exacerbating their budgetary woes. Isn't that the Democratic land of milk and honey?

Trigg
02-08-2013, 02:45 PM
The most interesting thing in that video is the small mention of benefits and healthcare when he mentions that they PAY NO CO-PAY.

That needs to be investigated as well. Why aren't these thousands of employes required to pay a copay for their healthcare. Makes me really curious about their retirement accounts as well, since presumably they pay nothing into that either.

I don't care if they drop sat. delivery, but lets look at the REAL reason they are bleeding money.

red states rule
02-08-2013, 02:52 PM
The most interesting thing in that video is the small mention of benefits and healthcare when he mentions that they PAY NO CO-PAY.

That needs to be investigated as well. Why aren't these thousands of employes required to pay a copay for their healthcare. Makes me really curious about their retirement accounts as well, since presumably they pay nothing into that either.

I don't care if they drop sat. delivery, but lets look at the REAL reason they are bleeding money.

I believe they are union workers, That should tell you why Trigg

jimnyc
02-08-2013, 02:54 PM
MSNBC - worst news station ever. Most biased news station ever. Hell, even Fox hired and have liberals on air, and in print. MSNBC is just full of loons that want to only hear the praise of the leftie loons.

red states rule
02-08-2013, 02:57 PM
MSNBC - worst news station ever. Most biased news station ever. Hell, even Fox hired and have liberals on air, and in print. MSNBC is just full of loons that want to only hear the praise of the leftie loons.

I bet a liberal at work $50 that I could give him a list of libs that appear on Fox News (and are on the payroll) and that number would exceed a list of R's that appear on both MSNBC and CNN combined.

He looked at me, thought for a moment, and declined the bet

KarlMarx
02-08-2013, 03:02 PM

I don't watch much cable (since I have the bare basics package)... but my girlfriend does... every once in a while I get a glimpse of Chris Matthews or Al Sharpton...

in my humble opinion, my niece and nephew who are 2 and 4 respectively, could do a better job than those two....

ok, I take that back... that was inappropriate of me to say such a thing

I meant to say ANY 2 and 4 year old could do a better job

I don't want anyone to accuse me of nepotism

bingster
02-08-2013, 03:28 PM
These guys are unbelievable! The Internet is the single greatest force behind the decline in revenue to the USPS.
As for Republicans, the Democrats should be singing their praise and bowing before their "wisdom". It was Bush who signed the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act which required the USPS to prefund 75 years of health benefits to their employees, exacerbating their budgetary woes. Isn't that the Democratic land of milk and honey?

No, it's not the Democratic land of milk and honey to force a private company to pre-fund 75 years of health benefits, but I find it pretty hypocritical for the Republicans to do it.

We really should have stopped those Wall Street fat cats who destroyed our economy from getting those millions of bonuses, but the Republicans wouldn't dream of intruding into private businesses to this measure (while they signed over the bail-out money).

I bet a liberal at work $50 that I could give him a list of libs that appear on Fox News (and are on the payroll) and that number would exceed a list of R's that appear on both MSNBC and CNN combined.

He looked at me, thought for a moment, and declined the bet

I'd love to see the list. I'll bet they are mostly ex-liberals (like Dick Morris), but then again, you would call my list ex or non Republicans like Michael Steel, Joe Scarborough, and Colin Powell.

Thunderknuckles
02-08-2013, 04:34 PM
No, it's not the Democratic land of milk and honey to force a private company to pre-fund 75 years of health benefits, but I find it pretty hypocritical for the Republicans to do it.
The USPS is not a private company. It is currently defined as an establishment of the Executive branch. The President appoints people to the Board who are confirmed by Congress.
When was the last time that happened at Walmart?

gabosaurus
02-08-2013, 04:40 PM

Fox does not have liberals on. Just moderates being presented as liberals.
Have to admit, I have never watched MSNBC.

darin
02-08-2013, 04:50 PM
We really should have stopped those Wall Street fat cats who destroyed our economy from getting those millions of bonuses, but the Republicans wouldn't dream of intruding into private businesses to this measure (while they signed over the bail-out money).

Better yet "Force" people into deciding NOT to give their money to banks, to pay on mortgages they cannot afford; "Forced" our Congress to STOP PUSHING Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae to guarantee risky loans; loans they were pressured to accept ONLY to boost the political standing among The Elected; boost the standing in the eyes of people ignorant enough to commit to purchase what they cannot afford. We should have "FORCED" the government to STOP spoon-feeding existence to those unwilling to make their own paths...etc, etc, ad nauseam.

Difficult to have liberals on a channel boasting "Fair and Balanced" because today's loudest liberals are so completely mind-fucked they are capable of neither 'fair' or 'balanced' conversation.

fj1200
02-08-2013, 05:07 PM

So right.

Fox News hires Dennis Kucinich (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/01/16/fox-news-hires-dennis-kucinich/)
:rolleyes:

jimnyc
02-08-2013, 05:27 PM
So right.

Fox News hires Dennis Kucinich (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/01/16/fox-news-hires-dennis-kucinich/)

And don't forget when the libs went nuts during the campaign, claiming "one of Fox news at it's own" when a Fox writer came out and ripped apart Romney. Little did they know it was a liberal writer they asked to write the response on their website. Fox actually has a long history of having liberals on the payroll, inviting them on for interviews, for debates and writing for their website, free and paid. Call them biased, I couldn't care less, but at least they include voices from both sides, unlike the fruity loontupia known as MSNBC, which has more or less become a joke. Either more conservatives watch TV in total, or people simply think Fox is a MUCH better station than MSNBC.

bingster
02-08-2013, 07:52 PM
The USPS is not a private company. It is currently defined as an establishment of the Executive branch. The President appoints people to the Board who are confirmed by Congress.
When was the last time that happened at Walmart?

Oops, you got me. But then again, it's mostly semantics. It's a corporation-like independent agency and isn't government subsidized.

Kathianne
02-09-2013, 01:50 AM
the only place I dread going to more than the dentist is the post office. Unlike the dentist, the people there are surly and seem to be programmed to move in slow motion. The wait time at the dentist is usually less than trying to buy stamps or have a bill postmarked.

red states rule
02-09-2013, 06:07 AM
I'd love to see the list. I'll bet they are mostly ex-liberals (like Dick Morris), but then again, you would call my list ex or non Republicans like Michael Steel, Joe Scarborough, and Colin Powell.

I will start a thread on that topic and I look forward to your "long" list of conservatives who appear on MSNBC and CNN

red states rule
02-09-2013, 06:08 AM
Oops, you got me. But then again, it's mostly semantics. It's a corporation-like independent agency and isn't government subsidized.

Facts to a liberal is like garlic to a vampire :laugh2:

bingster
02-09-2013, 06:33 PM
Conservatives are trying to kill the post office so that it doesn't provide competition with the private sector. The post office could diversify it's services, like a private company would, to increase revenue, but Republicans have passed laws to prevent this. Making them save the money to cover retirees, then preventing them from diversifying, is hamstringing them from succeeding. There is no denying this is a conservative effort to kill the post office that is actually guaranteed in the constitution. Way to go with the jobs effort, guys.

bingster
02-09-2013, 06:35 PM
Facts to a liberal is like garlic to a vampire :laugh2:

Bite me Redman! I got that wrong and admitted it.

red states rule
02-09-2013, 06:36 PM
Conservatives are trying to kill the post office so that it doesn't provide competition with the private sector. The post office could diversify it's services, like a private company would, to increase revenue, but Republicans have passed laws to prevent this. Making them save the money to cover retirees, then preventing them from diversifying, is hamstringing them from succeeding. There is no denying this is a conservative effort to kill the post office that is actually guaranteed in the constitution. Way to go with the jobs effort, guys.

Once again, a loyal lib blames others for a bloated, inefficient, and out dated government agency that loses billions of dollars every year. Of course Bings devotion to the PO is also based on the UNION workers that have dues taken out of they excessive pay and sent to Dems for their election campaigns

Now matter what the issue the most important thing to Bing is keeping Dems in power and growing the size and power of the Federal government

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-09-2013, 06:48 PM

^^^^^^^^ Got another one wrong but who is counting , right?:laugh2:

Thunderknuckles
02-09-2013, 09:01 PM
It IS the Republican's fault for passing the Accountability and Enhancement Act in 2006. As if the Internet wasn't enough, Bush doomed the the USPS to insolvency with that bill by requiring them to prefund 75 years worth of health care coverage. Keep in mind the USPS is the 3rd largest employer in the US and the dollars mandated to be set aside to cover that work force would kill any private company.
What is humorous to me is seeing members of this board switching sides on the argument. You have the lefty Bing blaming Republicans for standing in the way of the USPS and Capitalism while the right members of this board argue with him.

The bottom line is this:
Bush handed the postal union the gun and they happily stuck it in their own mouths. Unions had their place back in the day but today they are exactly like a virus - killing the host which they depend on for survival. Hostess anyone?
Mark my words:The USPS is doomed to failure but the Gov't will step in to subsidize it with taxpayer dollars because the government deems its service too important to be allowed to fail.

aboutime
02-09-2013, 09:16 PM

bingster. Blame all the Republicans you like. Then...take the time to see which party was in Power, and had the Majority votes for these programs you blame the Republicans for killing.

You won't like the HONEST results.

red states rule
02-10-2013, 06:55 AM
Bing does not care about the taxpayer paying for the losses the PO is incurring

He wants those union workers paying union dues that end up financing the campaigns for Dems so that can stay in office. Libs like Bing have an insatiable thirst for political power and no matter what the cost (to others of course) the cost must be paid

Also Bing would have a fit if the PO went out of business and the private sector stepped up and did the same job without having taxpayer money foot the bill. I will not miss the PO because that would mean no more JUNK mail. All my bills are paid on line and that is how I receive the bills as well

red states rule
02-10-2013, 07:02 AM

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/mrz021013dAPR20130208114511.jpg

taft2012
02-10-2013, 08:02 AM

Interesting.

So you're saying the government nosing into the efficiency of an on-going enterprise and issuing mandates regarding how things are running and what to do to ensure protections of the employees can actually have the *OPPOSITE* effect?

Voted4Reagan
02-10-2013, 10:03 AM

Geraldo Rivera is a lifelong LIBERAL DEMOCRAT...

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-10-2013, 12:02 PM
Geraldo Rivera is a lifelong LIBERAL DEMOCRAT...

That is also verified by the fact that he is also an egotistical lying bastard too.

Voted4Reagan
02-10-2013, 12:54 PM
That is also verified by the fact that he is also an egotistical lying bastard too.

not always Tyr.... he's at least somewhat honest....

or he tries to be....

Juan Williams as well....

bingster
02-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Once again, a loyal lib blames others for a bloated, inefficient, and out dated government agency that loses billions of dollars every year. Of course Bings devotion to the PO is also based on the UNION workers that have dues taken out of they excessive pay and sent to Dems for their election campaigns

Now matter what the issue the most important thing to Bing is keeping Dems in power and growing the size and power of the Federal government

It doesn't lose billions every year and would be perfectly solvent if not for the retirement savings account.

Kathianne
02-10-2013, 03:26 PM
It doesn't lose billions every year and would be perfectly solvent if not for the retirement savings account.

You've brought up the retirement account several times. Are you pushing for a negation on the retirement agreement?

red states rule
02-11-2013, 04:42 AM
You've brought up the retirement account several times. Are you pushing for a negation on the retirement agreement?

Once look at the compensation of US Postal employees you can see why they are having budget problems

As we have just posted the latest Postal Service salary data (http://www.fedsdatacenter.com/), we did a search in the new database to answer the question: “Who are the 30 highest paid Postal Service executives (http://about.usps.com/who-we-are/leadership/pmg-exec-comm.htm#p=8) and how much do they make?”

Keep in mind that even though the Postal Service is going broke, it still sells a lot of stamps and hires a lot of people. The agency currently employs about 574,000 people and 2010 sales for the agency were $67 billion. The total paid in salaries for these 30 executives is $6,115,840 for an average salary of $203,861. Paying the salaries for these top 30 individuals requires selling 13,590,756 first class stamps at the current price of 45 cents for mailing a first class letter.

Here are the names, positions, salaries and geographic location of the highest paid Postal Service folks. Most, but not all, are in the Washington, DC area. As one might expect, those that are highest on the organization chart often have the highest salaries.

No doubt, many Members of Congress will be envious of the higher salaries but, presumably, it is harder to hire Postal Service executives capable of doing a good job than it is to attract people to run for Congress.

<tbody>
Donahoe (http://about.usps.com/who-we-are/leadership/officers/patrick-donahoe.htm)
Patrick
Postmaster General
$276,840
Washington
DC

Stroman (http://about.usps.com/who-we-are/leadership/officers/ronald-stroman.htm)
Ronald
Deputy Postmaster General
$245,000
Washington
DC

Vegliante (http://about.usps.com/who-we-are/leadership/officers/anthony-vegliante.htm)
Anthony
Chief HR Officer
$240,000
Washington
DC

Corbett (http://about.usps.com/who-we-are/leadership/officers/joseph-corbett.htm)
Joseph
Executive VP and CFO
$239,000
Washington
DC

Brennan (http://about.usps.com/who-we-are/leadership/officers/megan-brennan.htm)
Megan
Executive VP, COO
$235,000
Washington
DC

Burgoyne (http://about.usps.com/who-we-are/leadership/officers/ellis-burgoyne.htm)
Ellis
Executive, VP, CIO
$230,000
Washington
DC

Gibbons (http://about.usps.com/who-we-are/leadership/officers/maryanne-gibbons.htm)
Mary
Executive VP, General Counsel
$230,000
Washington
DC

Kearney
Stephen
Manager, Stamp Services
$199,000
Washington
DC

Black (http://about.usps.com/who-we-are/leadership/officers/sylvester-black.htm)
Sylvester
VP, Area Operations
$199,000
Denver
CO

Uluski
(http://www.presort.com/2011/10/01/pmg-names-richard-uluski-new-northeast-area-vp/)
Richard
VP, Area Operations
$199,000
Windsor
CT

Feindt (http://about.usps.com/who-we-are/leadership/officers/jo-ann-feindt.htm)
Jo Ann
VP, Area Operations
$199,000
Bloomingdale
IL

Small (http://about.usps.com/who-we-are/leadership/officers/jordan-small.htm)
Jordan
VP, Area Operations
$199,000
Pittsburgh
PA

Aliperto (http://about.usps.com/who-we-are/leadership/officers/drew-aliperto.htm)
Drew
VP, Area Operations
$199,000
San Diego
CA

Fields (http://about.usps.com/who-we-are/leadership/officers/david-fields.htm)
David
VP, Area Operations
$199,000
Gaithersburg
MD

Haney
Timothy
VP, Area Operations
$199,000
Gaithersburg
MD

Moore (http://about.usps.com/who-we-are/leadership/board-governors/julie-moore.htm)
Julie
Secretary, Board of Governors
$193,000
Washington
DC

Day (http://www.linkedin.com/pub/thomas-day/b/417/577)
Thomas
Chief Sustain Officer
$193,000
Washington
DC

Giannoni-Jackson (http://about.usps.com/who-we-are/leadership/officers/deborah-jackson.htm)
Deborah
Employee Res Mgm
$191,000
Washington
DC

Granholm (http://about.usps.com/who-we-are/leadership/officers/dean-granholm.htm)
Dean
VP Delivery, PO Operations
$191,000
Washington
DC

Brownell (http://about.usps.com/who-we-are/leadership/officers/susan-brownell.htm)
Susan
VP, Supply Management
$189,000
Washington
DC

Masse (http://about.usps.com/who-we-are/leadership/officers/stephen-masse.htm)
Stephen
VP, Financer Planning
$189,000
Washington
DC

Samra (http://about.usps.com/who-we-are/leadership/officers/tom-samra.htm)
Tom
VP, Facilities
$189,000
Washington
DC

Tulino (http://about.usps.com/who-we-are/leadership/officers/douglas-tulino.htm)
Douglas
VP, Labor Relations
$189,000
Washington
DC

Williams, Jr. (http://about.usps.com/who-we-are/leadership/officers/david-williams.htm)
David
VP, Network Operations
$187,000
Washington
DC

Pulcrano (http://about.usps.com/who-we-are/leadership/officers/sam-pulcrano.htm)
Samuel
VP, Corporate/Comm
$187,000
Washington
DC

Rucker III
William
VP, Sales
$187,000
Washington
DC

LaChance (http://about.usps.com/who-we-are/leadership/officers/susan-lachance.htm)
Susan
VP, Cons and Ind Affairs
$187,000
Washington
DC

Reblin (http://about.usps.com/who-we-are/leadership/officers/gary-reblin.htm)
Gary
Domestic Products
$186,000
Washington
DC

O’Reilly (http://about.usps.com/who-we-are/leadership/officers/tim-oreilly.htm)
Timothy
VP, Controller
$185,000
Washington
DC

Dominguez (http://about.usps.com/who-we-are/leadership/officers/marie-therese-dominguez.htm)
Maria Therese
VP, Government Relations, PP

</tbody>

http://www.fedsmith.com/2012/02/24/highest-paid-us-postal-service-employees/

and we have this

The U.S. Postal service employed an estimated 524,200 postal employees, as of 2010. Unfortunately, due to declining revenue, there is a projected loss of 138,600 USPS jobs by 2020. Competition for the remaining jobs likely will be fierce, particularly because the pay tends to be high for because entry-level jobs do not require formal postsecondary education. The typical pay for a Postal Service worker depends on the specific position.

US Postal Jobs (Hiring) (http://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=CTtkEnrwYUZ2JIa2Z6gHusoH4B8W_u7gDxeXCvDXAjbcBEA Eg3Y-QGFCOyJS5AWDJpouJiKSAEKAB-_6b3APIAQGoAwGqBHZP0D6UwTP4zK_RymytJ1Jf9bbhje_8wUq gtNMwIpf5Y0wNCFMertVSXmkNFK8f5q56-nKN7walYFbFD-6wQBYe8976HPweXA2X3ESCwPateUuHnUmOUSqdWAP-t9-uIZEj4EZDRSNLQPa5CA4Y9KI9RTp8nnV7iAYBgAftgOQj&num=1&cid=5GhhKT0IwssFeSt__VYA68W1&sig=AOD64_1K0-DcFVc0CkS6mLlGc3lytGHi_g&client=ca-pub-3235755782694080&adurl=http://www.postalexam473.com/%3Futm_source%3Ddisplay%26utm_medium%3Dwork.chron. com%26utm_term%3Dus%2520post%2520office%2520jobs%2 6utm_content%3D14316436629%26utm_campaign%3Dgoogle d)
Salary Staring is $48,000 a Year. No Experience Necessary. Start Now!
www.PostalExam473.com (http://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=CTtkEnrwYUZ2JIa2Z6gHusoH4B8W_u7gDxeXCvDXAjbcBEA Eg3Y-QGFCOyJS5AWDJpouJiKSAEKAB-_6b3APIAQGoAwGqBHZP0D6UwTP4zK_RymytJ1Jf9bbhje_8wUq gtNMwIpf5Y0wNCFMertVSXmkNFK8f5q56-nKN7walYFbFD-6wQBYe8976HPweXA2X3ESCwPateUuHnUmOUSqdWAP-t9-uIZEj4EZDRSNLQPa5CA4Y9KI9RTp8nnV7iAYBgAftgOQj&num=1&cid=5GhhKT0IwssFeSt__VYA68W1&sig=AOD64_1K0-DcFVc0CkS6mLlGc3lytGHi_g&client=ca-pub-3235755782694080&adurl=http://www.postalexam473.com/%3Futm_source%3Ddisplay%26utm_medium%3Dwork.chron. com%26utm_term%3Dus%2520post%2520office%2520jobs%2 6utm_content%3D14316436629%26utm_campaign%3Dgoogle d)

Sorters and Processors

Mail sorters and processors work in large post offices and hubs, sorting and organizing incoming mail and ensuring that all mail is sent to its intended address. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, sorters and processors tend to earn the least income of all postal workers. As of May 2011, the average hourly wage of a mail sorter was $23.26, an annual salary of approximately $48,380. Eighty percent of mail sorters reported receiving hourly wages of between $12.01 and $25.53.

Postal Clerks

Clerks work at post offices, assisting customers who come in to purchase stamps or send and pick up mail. Across the nation, U.S. Postal Service clerks report an average wage of $25.41 per hour and an average salary of $52,860 per year. As of May 2011, 80 percent of USPS mail clerks received wages of between $23.87 and $26.56 per hour, and the median wage reported was $25.53 per hour.

Carriers

Postal Service mail carriers, sometimes informally referred to as postmen or mailmen, deliver the mail to private homes and businesses by vehicle or on foot. USPS mail carriers reported an average annual salary of $51,390, as of May 2011 or an hourly wage of $24.71. Most mail carriers -- 80 percent -- earned between $19.46 and $27.27 per hour, and reported annual salaries ranging from $40,470 to $56,720.

http://work.chron.com/average-pay-postal-worker-2050.html