PDA

View Full Version : 3 years ago, North Carolina town banned guns because of snow storm. NE towns too now?

Little-Acorn
02-08-2013, 07:09 PM
Exactly three years ago, the town of King, North Carolina had a hefty snowstorm. And the legislators took advantage of the crisis, to ban citizens from carrying their own guns outside their property, or even buying or selling them.

No explanation was ever given, for WHY there was more reason to ban guns during a snowstorm, than at other times; or even what connection existed at all between blizzards and firearms.

Now that a major storm is hitting the New England area, will more towns follow suit?

As Obama's former Chief of Staff said, "Never let a good crisis go to waste."

If they can just get people used to the idea that government has the authority to take away their guns whenever they think it's a good idea, they will be able to do it more and more.

The snow is falling NOW, from New York to Boston and points north.

Time's a-wastin' !

-------------------------------------------------

http://www.examiner.com/article/north-carolina-town-calls-snow-emergency-so-gun-sales-are-banned-huh

North Carolina town calls snow emergency, so gun sales are banned...huh?

February 8, 2010
By: Dave Workman

The snow emergency is over in King, N.C., but while it was in effect, according to published reports and a cursory glance at state statute, there was a curfew, restrictions on alcohol and a ban on the sale or possession of firearms off of one’s property.

When I called officials in King, the police department referred me to the mayor’s office, and the mayor’s office referred me to state statute. I don’t know what they call that in North Carolina, but out here in Washington, it’s called “passing the buck,” and that dog don’t hunt.

The inquiry was simple, and the conversation with a lady named Judy at the police department was pleasant. All I wanted to know was “What on earth does a snow emergency have to do with possession of a firearm?”

Only in Washington, D.C. do guns seem to come into play when people play in the snow, but then it’s only the cops who seem to pull those guns.

Missileman
02-08-2013, 07:47 PM
Exactly three years ago, the town of King, North Carolina had a hefty snowstorm. And the legislators took advantage of the crisis, to ban citizens from carrying their own guns outside their property, or even buying or selling them.

No explanation was ever given, for WHY there was more reason to ban guns during a snowstorm, than at other times; or even what connection existed at all between blizzards and firearms.

Now that a major storm is hitting the New England area, will more towns follow suit?

As Obama's former Chief of Staff said, "Never let a good crisis go to waste."

If they can just get people used to the idea that government has the authority to take away their guns whenever they think it's a good idea, they will be able to do it more and more.

The snow is falling NOW, from New York to Boston and points north.

Time's a-wastin' !

-------------------------------------------------

http://www.examiner.com/article/north-carolina-town-calls-snow-emergency-so-gun-sales-are-banned-huh

North Carolina town calls snow emergency, so gun sales are banned...huh?

February 8, 2010
By: Dave Workman

The snow emergency is over in King, N.C., but while it was in effect, according to published reports and a cursory glance at state statute, there was a curfew, restrictions on alcohol and a ban on the sale or possession of firearms off of one’s property.

When I called officials in King, the police department referred me to the mayor’s office, and the mayor’s office referred me to state statute. I don’t know what they call that in North Carolina, but out here in Washington, it’s called “passing the buck,” and that dog don’t hunt.

The inquiry was simple, and the conversation with a lady named Judy at the police department was pleasant. All I wanted to know was “What on earth does a snow emergency have to do with possession of a firearm?”

Only in Washington, D.C. do guns seem to come into play when people play in the snow, but then it’s only the cops who seem to pull those guns.

At first glance, I'd say that the gun ban is associated with a curfew, not a snow storm. Ironically, it looks like they used a shotgun approach when deciding what to include in curfew regulations.