PDA

View Full Version : American History on TV

WiccanLiberal
02-10-2013, 09:57 PM
I found a great series on the Revolutionary War on the Military channel this evening. Told me a few things I hadn't known. It's narrated by Charles Kuralt and is excellently done.

SassyLady
02-10-2013, 09:58 PM
I found a great series on the Revolutionary War on the Military channel this evening. Told me a few things I hadn't known. It's narrated by Charles Kuralt and is excellently done.\

History Channel and National Geographic are excellent channels. Watched a documentary on NG about modern warships, Independence and Freedom.

Kathianne
02-10-2013, 10:28 PM
I found a great series on the Revolutionary War on the Military channel this evening. Told me a few things I hadn't known. It's narrated by Charles Kuralt and is excellently done.

What is the title? I don't have cable or any tv now. Our library is very good about ordering from suggestions though.

Abbey Marie
02-14-2013, 11:12 AM

I set that up to record the other day. I'm glad to hear it's well done. :salute:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-14-2013, 11:20 AM
\

History Channel and National Geographic are excellent channels. Watched a documentary on NG about modern warships, Independence and Freedom.

I am keen on viewing both often along with military channel.
In fact , much to my dismay, it cuts too deeply into my allotted time for reading!!-Tyr

Voted4Reagan
02-14-2013, 12:49 PM
I'll throw out a spoiler.....

The Rebels Win!!

:salute::tank::salute:

Trigg
02-14-2013, 02:06 PM
Another good one from the history channel was "How the States were Made"

It was well put together, fun and lots of interesting info.

aboutime
02-14-2013, 04:01 PM
Another good one from the history channel was "How the States were Made"

It was well put together, fun and lots of interesting info.

Trigg. My wife and I have been watching that whole series. "How the states got their names" is also a good series.

Education is plentiful on the History Channel, and the Military Channel seems to have been aiming toward more Hitler stuff. Repeat after repeat.