PDA

View Full Version : Gay pub wins right to ban straights

Abbey Marie
05-30-2007, 12:22 AM
Hmm...

Gay pub wins right to ban straights
Tue May 29, 10:16 AM ET

MELBOURNE (Reuters) - An Australian hotel catering for homosexuals has won the right to ban heterosexuals from its bars so as to provide a safe and comfortable venue for gay men.

In what is believed to be a first for Australia, the Victorian state civil and administrative tribunal ruled last week that the Peel Hotel in the southern city of Melbourne could exclude patrons based on their sexuality.

Australia's equal opportunity laws prevent people being discriminated against based on race, religion or sexuality.

But Peel Hotel owner Tom McFeely said the ruling was necessary to provide gay men with a non-threatening atmosphere to freely express their sexuality.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070529/od_nm/australia_hotel_dc_1;_ylt=Ahtg0HGnM189gZvlsgzzooYL 1vAI

manu1959
05-30-2007, 12:27 AM
the straight crowd must be just crushed.....

nevadamedic
05-30-2007, 01:14 AM
the straight crowd must be just crushed.....

It's things like this that makes people gay bashers and makes them hate gay people. Gay people fight for equal rights and then ban straight people from their places.

How are they going to tell if someones gay or not to keep them out? Do they have a gay decoder ring or Rainbow Alliance membership card? :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
05-30-2007, 02:17 AM
It's things like this that makes people gay bashers and makes them hate gay people. Gay people fight for equal rights and then ban straight people from their places.

How are they going to tell if someones gay or not to keep them out? Do they have a gay decoder ring or Rainbow Alliance membership card? :laugh2:

I assume nothing would register on their gaydar.:coffee:

What I find so interesting is that the reason given is that gays want to feel "comfortable". Yet, when straight men feel uncomfortable around gays and want to exclude them, i.e., from the military, they are called homophobic and lawsuits are filed.

nevadamedic
05-30-2007, 02:20 AM
I assume nothing would register on their gaydar.:coffee:

What I find so interesting is that the reason given is that gays want to feel "comfortable". Yet, when straight men feel uncomfortable around gays and want to exclude them, i.e., from the military, they are called homophobic and lawsuits are filed.

There are some people who are gay that my gay friends couldn't even tell that they were.

Abbey Marie
05-30-2007, 02:27 AM
There are some people who are gay that my gay friends couldn't even tell that they were.

And?

nevadamedic
05-30-2007, 02:46 AM
And?

How are the Gay peopl going to be able who is straight to keep them out?

Pale Rider
05-30-2007, 02:52 AM
How are the Gay peopl going to be able who is straight to keep them out?

Maybe a better question is, how them get around nondiscrimination laws? What they're asking for isn't "equal" rights, they're asking for "special" rights. Kinda shoots the hell out of their claim that they're normal. If they're normal, then why do they need special rights?

huglover21
05-30-2007, 03:58 AM
my opinion would have to be that I dont think that gays or lesbians should be allowed to do what they are doing, it is wrong and grosh, God created people to be like him, in his image, not to go out with the same sex, but with the oppisite sex, God created Adam and eve for a reason, man and woman, not man and man, or woman and woman, I hope you understand where im getting at...

TheSage
05-30-2007, 06:18 AM
my opinion would have to be that I dont think that gays or lesbians should be allowed to do what they are doing, it is wrong and grosh, God created people to be like him, in his image, not to go out with the same sex, but with the oppisite sex, God created Adam and eve for a reason, man and woman, not man and man, or woman and woman, I hope you understand where im getting at...

But god is bisexual, he loves all people, men and women alike.

Doniston
05-30-2007, 10:21 AM
the straight crowd must be just crushed..... The bashers, yup, of that I am sure.

Doniston
05-30-2007, 10:23 AM

How are they going to tell if someones gay or not to keep them out? Do they have a gay decoder ring or Rainbow Alliance membership card? :laugh2: If it wasn't for those haters and gay bashers, such a ruling wouldn't ne necessary. and it is a shame that it gets to that state.

Doniston
05-30-2007, 10:28 AM
Maybe a better question is, how them get around nondiscrimination laws? What they're asking for isn't "equal" rights, they're asking for "special" rights. Kinda shoots the hell out of their claim that they're normal. If they're normal, then why do they need special rights?

there are bars which exclude males. and not too long ago, bars excluded women unless thay were whores for the service of the patrons. What goes around, comes around. and the rules, or lack of rules seem to fit everywhere. This is no different.

Doniston
05-30-2007, 10:31 AM
my opinion would have to be that I dont think that gays or lesbians should be allowed to do what they are doing, it is wrong and grosh, God created people to be like him, in his image, not to go out with the same sex, but with the oppisite sex, God created Adam and eve for a reason, man and woman, not man and man, or woman and woman, I hope you understand where im getting at... Of course I undrstand what you are getting at, but a good many of us don't think like you do. so it is a difference of opinion.----(and FYI I am not Gay)

manu1959
05-30-2007, 10:50 AM

uh ..... you might want to rephrase that ......

Mr. P
05-30-2007, 10:58 AM
Not in the USA so I don't really care.. If it were in the USA I'd say it's a private business get over it.

5stringJeff
05-30-2007, 02:16 PM
But god is bisexual, he loves all people, men and women alike.

Loving all people does not make one bisexual. God is asexual, i.e. He has no gender, even though He has revealed Himself in the masculine form.

TheSage
05-30-2007, 02:19 PM
Loving all people does not make one bisexual. God is asexual, i.e. He has no gender, even though He has revealed Himself in the masculine form.

So you're saying he's a flasher?

Abbey Marie
05-30-2007, 02:44 PM
Not in the USA so I don't really care.. If it were in the USA I'd say it's a private business get over it.

I agree that people should be free to associate with whomever they wish. What I don't like is the hypocrisy.

I think it is good to know what happens elsewhere, though, as things have a habit of spreading. Like radical Islam, for one current example.