PDA

View Full Version : A One-Time Motel Maid Looks Back on Success, Then & Now

tailfins
02-11-2013, 10:09 AM
This author has some very interesting things to say. I would only disagree with one thing:
That is the notion that hard work and sacrifice are not enough anymore. I say they are not NECESSARY anymore. The corporate culture is a game. Just play the game to win the prize and realize that trying to make sense of it causes unnecessary stress.

A One-Time Motel Maid Looks Back on Success, Then & Now
http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20130208181601-9359661-a-one-time-motel-maid-looks-back-on-success-then-now

My experience as a young girl of what the term "work ethic" really meant began with a fib.

It seems hard work and sacrifice aren’t enough anymore.

Good mentoring matters more now than ever.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-12-2013, 10:23 AM
This author has some very interesting things to say. I would only disagree with one thing:
That is the notion that hard work and sacrifice are not enough anymore. I say they are not NECESSARY anymore. The corporate culture is a game. Just play the game to win the prize and realize that trying to make sense of it causes unnecessary stress.

A One-Time Motel Maid Looks Back on Success, Then & Now

http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20130208181601-9359661-a-one-time-motel-maid-looks-back-on-success-then-now

Good mentoring matters more now than ever. When I was at UCLA, I was very fortunate to have one particular experienced professional take me under his wing and teach me entrepreneurship and business skills that otherwise would have taken years to develop. Some corporate mentoring programs exist, but are hard to come by for teens and young adults.

I applaud her success but strikes me that favors were exchanged maybe. ;)--Tyr
A pic of her as an adult would be needed to gain greater insight into this possibility.
Of course women using their charms and their brain is a good thing. However it should be noted in a success story if it was a combo, ya think? -Tyr