PDA

View Full Version : Pope Benedict resigns

gabosaurus
02-11-2013, 12:11 PM
http://www.latimes.com/news/world/worldnow/la-fg-wn-benedict-first-pope-in-600-years-to-resign-20130211,0,4354444.story

This is a good move for the Catholic Church. Perhaps they can now move into the 21st Century, free of those who blessed and condoned pedophile priests and other such scandals.

glockmail
02-11-2013, 12:20 PM
Benedict didn't condone pedophiles you stupid bitch. He's resigning because he no longer has the physical and mental strength to fight them as he needs to. I applaud him for doing so.

jimnyc
02-11-2013, 12:29 PM
I would ask others who they think might be next in line, but that's too difficult to determine. It is an interesting process that takes place at the Vatican when they do the voting process.

gabosaurus
02-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Benedict didn't condone pedophiles you stupid bitch. He's resigning because he no longer has the physical and mental strength to fight them as he needs to. I applaud him for doing so.

Actually, he has. Being old and infirm hasn't been an excuse for resignation over the last 600 years. I suppose it is now, though. The entire Catholic Church has been rife with scandal over the past few decades.
Catholics are the last people who should be taking shots at other religions.

bingster
02-11-2013, 01:16 PM
Somebody is going to find a way to blame this on us liberals.

jimnyc
02-11-2013, 01:21 PM
Actually, he has. Being old and infirm hasn't been an excuse for resignation over the last 600 years. I suppose it is now, though. The entire Catholic Church has been rife with scandal over the past few decades.

No one should take a pot shot, I suppose. But your condemnation of everything in the church should be limited to those who actually did wrong.

jimnyc
02-11-2013, 01:23 PM

Can't see how - but go read what the liberals are spewing out about the Pope, and the entire Church right now. Their retarded condemnations should as well be reserved for those who were involved in abuses and such. not all Catholics or the entire Church.

Marcus Aurelius
02-11-2013, 01:30 PM
http://www.latimes.com/news/world/worldnow/la-fg-wn-benedict-first-pope-in-600-years-to-resign-20130211,0,4354444.story

This is a good move for the Catholic Church. Perhaps they can now move into the 21st Century, free of those who blessed and condoned pedophile priests and other such scandals.

you really are a pathetic little hater, aren't you.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/02/11/pope-benedict-xvi-to-resign-at-end-february/

During his papacy and in the years prior, Benedict was a key figure in the church's efforts to address widespread instances of sexual abuse of children by priests. In 2001, then-Cardinal Ratzinger convinced John Paul II to put the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, which he led, in charge of investigating cases and setting policy regarding what he termed "filth" in the church. As a cardinal, Ratzinger pushed through important reforms, including making Internet offenses against children a violation covered by canon law, extending child abuse offenses to include the sexual abuse of all under 18, waiving of the statute of limitation and speeding the process of dismissing guilty priests.

must be sad to be jealous of everyone better off than you, and hate everyone you disagree with.

Voted4Reagan
02-11-2013, 01:37 PM

and maybe you can keep your anti-Catholic bile and opinion off the board... Your hatred of us is duly noted and logged...

Maybe you could address the Islamic Faith for their continued denial of womens rights?

Robert A Whit
02-11-2013, 01:44 PM

I don't know too much about this but it is my understanding that the boys were past puberty? anybody know if any were pre puberty? Be careful with the word pedophile. It means a person pre puberty, not post puberty.

That church depends on remining as stable as a rock. They hold to tradition. You might be shocked how many homosexuals molest boys. But watch the homosexuals deny they are the men doing it.

Robert A Whit
02-11-2013, 01:47 PM
I would ask others who they think might be next in line, but that's too difficult to determine. It is an interesting process that takes place at the Vatican when they do the voting process.

I read they won't start the election until March. I wonder why they can't begin the process right now?

jimnyc
02-11-2013, 01:48 PM
I read they won't start the election until March. I wonder why they can't begin the process right now?

Maybe he handed in his 2 week notice? LOL That'll bring us closer to March. I'm sure they are just planning appropriately is all.

Robert A Whit
02-11-2013, 01:50 PM

You guys are not liberals. LOL Don't worry so much. LMAO A true liberal seeks to personally be taxed and also gives of his own bank account to those he sees as in need.

You guys don't do that. You tax those who pay enormous taxes, only more and to make matters worse, you use other peoples money to do things you refuse to pay for.
:cheers2:

aboutime
02-11-2013, 03:01 PM
The Pope is just resigning as a SIGN...to Obama. Telling the U.S. Messiah...he should follow the Pope's lead, do Americans a huge favor, and RESIGN from Office, taking Joe The Foot-in-Mouth Biden with him to the nearest 7-11...for a SLURPY.

Missileman
02-11-2013, 07:36 PM
This is a perfect time for the first black Pope. Obama's done such a good job impersonating a POTUS, impersonating a Pope would be a snap. Obama for Pope!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-11-2013, 08:03 PM
This is a perfect time for the first black Pope. Obama's done such a good job impersonating a POTUS, impersonating a Pope would be a snap. Obama for Pope!

Da "messiah" donts bez stepin' wayz backk. Dats wood bez a stepp backerds dont ya knowz. - :laugh2:--Tyr

hjmick
02-11-2013, 08:50 PM
I guess his resignation would make ex-Benedict...

Side of Hollandaise?

bingster
02-11-2013, 08:56 PM
Can't see how - but go read what the liberals are spewing out about the Pope, and the entire Church right now. Their retarded condemnations should as well be reserved for those who were involved in abuses and such. not all Catholics or the entire Church.

Hey! I've had MSNBC on all day today, and almost no peep about the pope, except that he abdicated. No criticism so far.

I did hear one of them say it would be a good chance to reset after all of the scandals, but that's it. I don't see what is unreasonable about that.

bingster
02-11-2013, 09:00 PM
The Pope is just resigning as a SIGN...to Obama. Telling the U.S. Messiah...he should follow the Pope's lead, do Americans a huge favor, and RESIGN from Office, taking Joe The Foot-in-Mouth Biden with him to the nearest 7-11...for a SLURPY.

Didn't Bloomberg outlaw the slurpy in NY?

tailfins
02-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Q: Why does the Pope put his underwear on when he takes a bath?
A: He doesn't want to look down on the unemployed.

Marcus Aurelius
02-12-2013, 08:25 AM

Hey, Obama did manage to get a Nobel Peace Prize for doing exactly nothing... why should this be any different?

glockmail
02-12-2013, 09:35 AM

Actually, bitch, he has not. I challenge you to prove otherwise. Like so many times in the past, bitch, this challenge will go unanswered by you.

No one is taking a shot at a religion except you, bitch.

glockmail
02-12-2013, 09:42 AM

Maybe he handed in his 2 week notice? LOL That'll bring us closer to March. I'm sure they are just planning appropriately is all.

As far as I know his resignation was effective immediately. It takes three weeks to get the Cardinals together at the Vatican. These guys have a lot of obligations so just can't leave their posts and head out.

It's completely routine for this process to take time. In fact three weeks is short as there is no nine-day grieving period.

Voted4Reagan
02-12-2013, 09:51 AM

and how many WOMEN have been STONED, CANED, BURNED WITH ACID,WHIPPED,RAPED,MURDERED and Kept as slaves for 1400 years in the name of ALLAH and Islam.

seriously..... you'll condemn the Catholics for their indiscretions and let Islam slide on theirs...

NEVER ONCE HAVE I SEEN YOU SPEAK OUT AGAINST THE WAY ISLAM TREATS WOMEN GABBY...

YOU CATHOLIC BASH BECAUSE ITS WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN TAUGHT TO DO...

YOU ARE PATHETIC....

glockmail
02-12-2013, 10:38 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/02/11/article-2276884-17841A9A000005DC-22_634x815.jpg

mundame
02-12-2013, 10:43 AM
Being old and infirm hasn't been an excuse for resignation over the last 600 years. I suppose it is now, though.

Health was never used as an excuse, in fact. The last pope (only one?) who resigned in 1415 did so during the Great Schism; they had three popes and needed to cut the number down some.......

Kings and such resign (abdicate) from time to time, usually because the usurper literally has a sword at their throat: Edward II and Richard II of England, II not being an especially lucky number for English kings. Edward VIII resigned, but why? I always wondered about that. Why not just marry the divorcee from Baltimore and say, "So! Do your worst!"

This will change the power dynamics of the curia, since dying in office has been de rigeur in the Vatican forever. But now......"Hey, will I get Social Security?" the pope can say. And all the cardinals can start backstabbing each other early.

mundame
02-12-2013, 10:45 AM
As far as I know his resignation was effective immediately. It takes three weeks to get the Cardinals together at the Vatican.

I read it was effective at the end of February. Which allows travel time and maneuvering.

Voted4Reagan
02-12-2013, 10:46 AM
Ever, in fact. The last pope (only one?) who resigned in 1415 did so during the Great Schism; they had three popes and needed to cut the number down some.......

Kings and such resign (abdicate) from time to time, usually because the usurper literally has a sword at their throat: Edward II and Richard II of England, II not being an especially lucky number for English kings. Edward VIII resigned, but why? I always wondered about that. Why not just marry the divorcee from Baltimore and say, "So! Do your worst!"

This will change the power dynamics of the curia, since dying in office has been de rigeur in the Vatican forever. But now......"Hey, will I get Social Security?" the pope can say. And all the cardinals can start backstabbing each other early.

an interesting time...

never in our history have there been two living pontiffs...

It will be a time of historical importance...

mundame
02-12-2013, 10:50 AM
an interesting time...

never in our history have there been two living pontiffs...

It will be a time of historical importance...

I don't think so, with respect.

It's not like the period when two or three CLAIMED to be pope at the same time, after all. This pope said he would not interfere in any way with the new pontiff after his election.

And he is nearly 86 and says he is in rapidly failing health, so I don't expect the two-popes issue will be long-standing.

Voted4Reagan
02-12-2013, 10:58 AM
I don't think so, with respect.

It's not like the period when two or three CLAIMED to be pope at the same time, after all. This pope said he would not interfere in any way with the new pontiff after his election.

And he is nearly 86 and says he is in rapidly failing health, so I don't expect the two-popes issue will be long-standing.

and while we may not agree on many things your respect is appreciated...

Too many are using this event to once again start their anti Catholic agenda.

I do not support the church unconditionally... but as a Catholic of Irish heritage I see room for improvement in many areas. Like other faiths I and many others want to expand the clergy to include women priests. I would like to see the church change it's stance on Contraception.

Your courtesy is noted Mundame... unlike Gabby and her hateful sniping at Catholics... You gain a few points today from me...

well spoken

mundame
02-12-2013, 11:33 AM
Too many are using this event to once again start their anti Catholic agenda.

I do not support the church unconditionally... but as a Catholic of Irish heritage I see room for improvement in many areas. Like other faiths I and many others want to expand the clergy to include women priests. I would like to see the church change it's stance on Contraception.

Women priests and contraception allowed ---

Would you favor an end to celibacy, or would women priests also be celibate (as possible a system as what is going on now)?

There are those who think that celibacy promotes the problem they have, of homosexuals disproportionately going into the priesthood. And it was an Eighth Century rule intended solely to prevent passing high church office to heirs --- not that this always worked. They don't have to worry about inheritance of office now, so I wonder if the celibacy rule is really needed.

glockmail
02-12-2013, 11:42 AM
The Catholic Church would benefit greatly from women priests and and end to the celibacy requirements. Neither one of these changes would be inconsistent with Christ's teachings.

The issue of contraception is not. :slap:

darin
02-12-2013, 11:47 AM
Dissolving the church would also not contradict any of Christ's teachings.

glockmail
02-12-2013, 11:51 AM
Dissolving the church would also not contradict any of Christ's teachings. Wrong:

And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it. — Gospel of St. Matthew 16:18

mundame
02-12-2013, 12:09 PM
The Catholic Church would benefit greatly from women priests and and end to the celibacy requirements. Neither one of these changes would be inconsistent with Christ's teachings.

The issue of contraception is not. :slap:

What do you mean, the issue of contraception is not? Not consistent or not inconsistent?

Wow, good documentation for the necessary persistence of the Church! ;)

glockmail
02-12-2013, 12:33 PM
It's not, duh.

Documentation? Try reading the Bible.

tailfins
02-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Wrong:

And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it. — Gospel of St. Matthew 16:18

The rock you speak of is Peter's statement that Jesus is the Christ, son of the living God.

Here is a quick explanation found in a web search.

http://carm.org/is-peter-the-rock

bingster
02-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Wrong:

Which verse mentions a Pope?

tailfins
02-12-2013, 01:39 PM
Which verse mentions a Pope?

Excellent! John 14:6 specifically excludes the role of a pope, priest or any other intercessor.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me

However, in pursuit of civility I will acknowledge that Catholics have made numerous positive contributions to our society.

02-12-2013, 02:02 PM

Because the Pope isn't resigning until Feb 28. So the soonest they could have the election is march 1st.

02-12-2013, 02:04 PM

Except, since they've already had a black Pope, he wouldn't be the First.

02-12-2013, 02:05 PM
As far as I know his resignation was effective immediately. It takes three weeks to get the Cardinals together at the Vatican. These guys have a lot of obligations so just can't leave their posts and head out.

It's completely routine for this process to take time. In fact three weeks is short as there is no nine-day grieving period.

It's effective Feb 28

02-12-2013, 02:11 PM
Wrong:

And the Resurrection of Christ ensures that death will not prevail against us. All of us who die will rise through Christ.

I don't see why the Church, as a type for the body of Christ, would be immune to death when the Body of Christ actually did suffer death.

glockmail
02-12-2013, 02:12 PM
The rock you speak of is Peter's statement that Jesus is the Christ, son of the living God.

Here is a quick explanation found in a web search.

http://carm.org/is-peter-the-rock

From your link:

"Because of the faith he confessed Peter will remain the unshakable rock of the Church. His mission will be to keep this faith from every lapse and to strengthen his brothers in it."

"By the word "rock" the Saviour cannot have meant Himself, but only Peter, as is so much more apparent in Aramaic in which the same word (Kipha) is used for "Peter" and "rock". His statement then admits of but one explanation, namely, that He wishes to make Peter the head of the whole community of those who believed in Him as the true Messias; that through this foundation (Peter) the Kingdom of Christ would be unconquerable; that the spiritual guidance of the faithful was placed in the hands of Peter, as the special representative of Christ."

Peter is "the rock" or foundation of The Church. In fact his remains are buried under the central altar at St. Peters Basilica, at The Vatican.

glockmail
02-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Which verse mentions a Pope? Catholics consider Peter to be the first Pope.

mundame
02-12-2013, 03:13 PM
Except, since they've already had a black Pope, he wouldn't be the First.

No, they haven't.

Please tell me you aren't thinking of the legend of Prester John in Ethiopia.

mundame
02-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Wrong:

glockmail, I was congratulating you on a good riposte: I think you thought I was sneering, but not so.

jimnyc
02-12-2013, 03:16 PM
No, they haven't.

Please tell me you aren't thinking of the legend of Prester John in Ethiopia.

There have been Pope's from Africa. I don't think they were ever considered "black" though. 3 of them if I recall.

jimnyc
02-12-2013, 03:34 PM
Here is someone being talked about as a potential successor, and would apparently be the first black Pope, Cardinal Francis Arinze, from Nigeria.

http://i.imgur.com/c0UDLJO.jpg

gabosaurus
02-12-2013, 04:01 PM
I doubt the Catholic Church is current enough to choose a non-Anglo, non-European pontiff. If they do, it should be someone from South America. Which is by far the most Catholic continent.

glockmail
02-12-2013, 04:14 PM
I think they should choose someone based on policy, not color or ethnicity. But that's just old-fashioned, closed-minded, devout Catholic me. :laugh:

Marcus Aurelius
02-12-2013, 07:35 PM
I doubt the Catholic Church is current enough to choose a non-Anglo, non-European pontiff. If they do, it should be someone from South America. Which is by far the most Catholic continent.

Allah forbid they choose who they think is best for the job, regardless of color, race, etc.

Dumb ass.

bingster
02-12-2013, 08:21 PM

I heard on the news there is a black man being considered.

oops, I just noticed Jimny beat me to it.

02-12-2013, 11:08 PM

Because clearly choosing someone based on skin color isn't racist.

glockmail
02-13-2013, 10:43 AM
Peter Turkson reveals vision for the Church and 'alternative lifestyles' The cardinal who could become the first black pope said Tuesday that the Roman Catholic Church faces grave challenges in remaining relevant in the modern world even as he laid out a conservative vision of how to deal with society's "alternative lifestyles".
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/the-pope/9866227/Pope-resigns-Peter-Turkson-reveals-vision-for-the-Church-and-alternative-lifestyles.html

tailfins
02-13-2013, 10:45 AM

Let me guess: You want Hugo Chavez or Evo Morales to choose the next Pope to spread Marxist Liberation Theology.

Noir
02-16-2013, 05:32 AM
Fantastic news, and every american should be glad to see him go. A man who purposefully stalled the defrocking of a Californian priest, who dubbed himself 'the pied piper of child molestation'. The only sickly bit now is the press release after press release of public figures saying what a wise and wonderful man he was >,> because that's the kinda thing everyone is expected to say.

This does however carry its own little irony, being that popes are gods representatives on earth, how many (infallible) reps can one earth hold?

jimnyc
02-16-2013, 11:45 AM
^^ When this news broke the other day, one of my initial thoughts was to see Noir's elation. Now I've seen it! :poke:

Voted4Reagan
02-16-2013, 12:02 PM
^^ When this news broke the other day, one of my initial thoughts was to see Noir's elation. Now I've seen it! :poke:

typical liberal response.... i would like to see NOIRS link to any proof of his claims to check the veracity of his statement

jimnyc
02-16-2013, 12:04 PM
Fantastic news, and every american should be glad to see him go. A man who purposefully stalled the defrocking of a Californian priest, who dubbed himself 'the pied piper of child molestation'. The only sickly bit now is the press release after press release of public figures saying what a wise and wonderful man he was >,> because that's the kinda thing everyone is expected to say.

This does however carry its own little irony, being that popes are gods representatives on earth, how many (infallible) reps can one earth hold?

typical liberal response.... i would like to see NOIRS link to any proof of his claims to check the veracity of his statement

I would be curious to hear more about the bold portion...

Noir
02-16-2013, 12:14 PM
I would be curious to hear more about the bold portion...

Associated Press Writer= LOS ANGELES (AP) — Four years after a California priest and convicted child molester asked to be defrocked, his bishop pleaded with the future Pope Benedict XVI to remove the man from the priesthood. Then-Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger replied, urging caution.

"Consider the good of the Universal Church," Ratzinger wrote in a 1985 letter to Oakland Bishop John Cummins. "It is necessary for this Congregation to submit incidents of this sort to very careful consideration, which necessitates a longer period of time."

"He admitted molesting many children and bragged that he was the Pied Piper and said he tried to molest every child that sat on his lap," said Lewis VanBlois, an attorney for six Kiesle victims who interviewed the former priest in prison. "When asked how many children he had molested over the years, he said 'tons.'"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/9025734

jimnyc
02-16-2013, 02:22 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/9025734

Fair enough, and thanks for the link - but I still don't see the Pope as having dubbed himself the quote you placed up.

Noir
02-17-2013, 05:38 AM
Fair enough, and thanks for the link - but I still don't see the Pope as having dubbed himself the quote you placed up.

It was not the pope who dubbed himself the pied piper of child molestation. It was the priest (Kielse) who should of been defrocked, but that the peado-proecting pope (then cardinal) blocked such actions because they had to 'consider the good of the universal church'.

When you put the PR of your organisation (religious or otherwise) above the protection of children from molestation, you are not a human worthy of praise, IMO.

red states rule
02-17-2013, 05:49 AM
I see you still have your irrational hatred of organized religion Noir

I still hope God blesses you and helps you overcome this affiction

Noir
02-17-2013, 06:03 AM
I see you still have your irrational hatred of organized religion Noir

I still hope God blesses you and helps you overcome this affiction

I'd feel the same if it was a school headmaster, or paediatric doctors manager, or any host of organisations/jobs that put children in the care of an adult. Religious or not. You do NOT protect child molesters. Ever.

When i look at the pope, i'm seeing a man who stalled a process that would of removed a child molester from children. When you look at me you see someone who's trying to have a dig at Catholics/Christians/Religious people. Look beyond the religion, look at the man, his actions, and consequences. Because that is what is important, not any religious garble.

red states rule
02-17-2013, 06:12 AM
I'd feel the same if it was a school headmaster, or paediatric doctors manager, or any host of organisations/jobs that put children in the care of an adult. Religious or not. You do NOT protect child molesters. Ever.

When i look at the pope, i'm seeing a man who stalled a process that would of removed a child molester from children. When you look at me you see someone who's trying to have a dig at Catholics/Christians/Religious people. Look beyond the religion, look at the man, his actions, and consequences. Because that is what is important, not any religious garble.

I agree with you on that Noir and he will answer to God when it comes to what he did or did not do

But I cannot help notice you ended your hiatus from the board to jump on this thread about the Pope

Of course this gives some media outlets an excuse to ignore the use of children as homicide bombers or kids being murdered by those that follow the religion of "peace"

Noir
02-17-2013, 06:24 AM
I agree with you on that Noir and he will answer to God when it comes to what he did or did not do

But I cannot help notice you ended your hiatus from the board to jump on this thread about the Pope

Of course this gives some media outlets an excuse to ignore the use of children as homicide bombers or kids being murdered by those that follow the religion of "peace"

Well God already knew what he did when god appointment him to be his representative on earth. So i guess there's gonna be no justice in the afterlife. Shame.

And again you're looking at the religion and not the man. I jumped in this thread because of my (very rational) hatred of child molesters and their protectors. Nothing to do with religion.

red states rule
02-17-2013, 06:29 AM
Well God already knew what he did when god appointment him to be his representative on earth. So i guess there's gonna be no justice in the afterlife. Shame.

And again you're looking at the religion and not the man. I jumped in this thread because of my (very rational) hatred of child molesters and their protectors. Nothing to do with religion.

I did not know you were so enlightened Noir that you are an authority on the afterlife Noir

And like liberal media here in the US who are gleefully attacking the entire Catholic Church - they are also silent on the abuse of children at the hands of the followers of the religion or peace

Something you seem to have been silent on as well

It is not about religion it is about consistency

Noir
02-17-2013, 06:39 AM
I did not know you were so enlightened Noir that you are an authority on the afterlife Noir

And like liberal media here in the US who are gleefully attacking the entire Catholic Church - they are also silent on the abuse of children at the hands of the followers of the religion or peace

Something you seem to have been silent on as well

It is not about religion it is about consistency

I'm not authority, and won't be until god assigns me as pope i guess, but i'd just find it a lil odd if god decided to send a guy to hell, after he'd appointed him to be his representative on earth.

And Lololololol silent? idk, maybe you're forgetful (or intentionally so) but the (again very rational) hatred i have towards such people (and their peadophille prophet) is not something i shy away from.

red states rule
02-17-2013, 06:44 AM
I'm not authority, and won't be until god assigns me as pope i guess, but i'd just find it a lil odd if god decided to send a guy to hell, after he'd appointed him to be his representative on earth.

And Lololololol silent? idk, maybe you're forgetful (or intentionally so) but the (again very rational) hatred i have towards such people (and their peadophille prophet) is not something i shy away from.

This is more proof you still have a lot of growing up to do. God gave man free will and the ability to make their choices. He did not put robots on Earth thus humans do honorable things and horrible things

While you can smirk and act so smug in your non beliefs. God did not "appoint" anyone as Pope

Based on your post it is no big deal to blow up kids - but unacceptable to rape them

But as usual you demonstrate your selective outrage and as usual I will continue to pray for your soul

Noir
02-17-2013, 08:09 AM
This is more proof you still have a lot of growing up to do. God gave man free will and the ability to make their choices. He did not put robots on Earth thus humans do honorable things and horrible things

While you can smirk and act so smug in your non beliefs. God did not "appoint" anyone as Pope

Based on your post it is no big deal to blow up kids - but unacceptable to rape them

But as usual you demonstrate your selective outrage and as usual I will continue to pray for your soul

We were taught (by our Catholic teachers) that the pope was chosen when god gave guidance to the Cardinals of who it should be. Were you taught differently?

Also i'll assume you'd already decided to write the last parts of your posts before reading my
reply. Because I made it pretty clear that 'blowing up children' is indeed a big deal, whether for relgious motives or not.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-17-2013, 02:16 PM
and how many WOMEN have been STONED, CANED, BURNED WITH ACID,WHIPPED,RAPED,MURDERED and Kept as slaves for 1400 years in the name of ALLAH and Islam.

seriously..... you'll condemn the Catholics for their indiscretions and let Islam slide on theirs...

NEVER ONCE HAVE I SEEN YOU SPEAK OUT AGAINST THE WAY ISLAM TREATS WOMEN GABBY...

YOU CATHOLIC BASH BECAUSE ITS WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN TAUGHT TO DO...

YOU ARE PATHETIC....

I suspect that she does not speak out against them because she has joined them. Her many posts of admiration of Islamists makes that a very likely reality IMHO.-Tyr

SassyLady
02-20-2013, 07:04 PM
Allah forbid they choose who they think is best for the job, regardless of color, race, etc.

Dumb ass.

Perhaps Gabby wants the Church to follow in the same footsteps as America .. electing a person based on their color and not their credentials and/or experience.

02-20-2013, 10:44 PM
Perhaps Gabby wants the Church to follow in the same footsteps as America .. electing a person based on their color and not their credentials and/or experience.

She probably does. But it never turns out well to base your voting habits on racism.